• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

broz0rs

I'm seeing a bump in inactivity on my friends list. I'm guessing its because these players were not successful in rolling 7s? They are all inactive with Maxwell, Elza, and Zelnite leads. A decent amount of my active current friends list has Feeza and Kira leads.

garath

Wow. I put in all this time and effort building up my Kira only to realize I don't have the cost for him lol.

Crap. I need another 8 cost headroom. I'm level 128. It looks like I need to be 139 to have 1 7* and the rest 6*s. Ouch. That's going to take a wee bit of time.

MicH

Wow. I put in all this time and effort building up my Kira only to realize I don't have the cost for him lol.

Crap. I need another 8 cost headroom. I'm level 128. It looks like I need to be 139 to have 1 7* and the rest 6*s. Ouch. That's going to take a wee bit of time.
Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I'm currently level 123 and power-levelling in Lizeria while trying to farm Mifune. The double exp is so nice.

I'm punching Eriole in the face over and over again. Gotta admit, it feels good!

I wish cost was a problem for me. I have too much cost, but nothing to fill them up with.

Just go to highest quest level you've got and grind it. The EXP return should be pretty good.

Slayven

Override.

So if you have two buffs of varying strengths in the same party you generally want to either use the good one first and the weaker one last, or the weaker one first and the good one second.

Damn it I been doing it wrong, thought they stacked but the math went wonky when they did. guess I should have more variety in my party.

Kreed

Damn it I been doing it wrong, thought they stacked but the math went wonky when they did. guess I should have more variety in my party.

Note that this is only for the same kind of buff. So for example, Narza's Brave Burst adds 50% damage reduction for 3 turns whereas Magress's 7 star form has a Ultra Brave Burst that reduces damage to 1 HP for 1 turn. These two buffs are the same, so if you use Magress's move first and Narza's second, Narza's will take over (a big mistake I made in the Lugina trial once). However Magress' 150% Defense Boost buff, and Narza's Status Ailment protection and BB gauge damage Buffs aren't affected. Also, Attack up and Defense Up Buffs from potions stack with Brave Burst Attack and Defense Buffs.

Now that I'm level 179, I don't actually want to level up any more. I'm afraid that Gumi will spring another level up campaign on me and then I'm going to miss out on free goodies. I'm probably going to meander between 180-200 til then.

MicH

When I started playing this game again a little over a month ago I was level 70. I am currently level 136. That's more than 60 levels in a month. Pretty happy about that growth.

And today I reached a little milestone of my own. I had over 50 Energy to spare with less than 1000 experience to level up. So I decided I wanted to try beating Karl - first time I ever tried beating him. I brought my usual Magress-lead dark team (pretty outdated at this point, unfortunately) as well as my Eze-lead thunder team of whatever Thunder units I had somewhat leveled up (not many - and I had no other healer than Elimo who I used in my Dark squad, so I had to use Phoenix.. yikes!). Last team was just Rosetta and Ardin as I couldn't fit more in due to cost

I won. I lost my Dark squad against his Blue Execution (forgot to guard) and my thunder team finished him off easily. What a success!

I started making attempts at Lugina's Trial.

I am currently using this party (my fire units suck):

Diana lead (using the elemental weakness/crit immunity sphere)
Tridon lead (not using his shield against Gravion)
Luther
Lilith
Darvanshel
Ivris

I only tried once so far, but I literally cruised all the way to Rickel where I stupidly let status immunity drop and she paralyzed everybody. Going to put Drevas on Ivris. I should have done so before my first attempt, but simply forgot.

I wish I had a better unit than Lilith for that spot, but like I said my list of fire units is weak, and I'm really trying to avoid AoEs for the most part.

Wikis say that when Lugina gets < 25% the first time he hits with a "massive AoE", but no other details. Anyone who's done this, just how massive is it? Do I need to mitigate and guard with everybody or will mitigation be enough?

Kreed

I started making attempts at Lugina's Trial.

I am currently using this party (my fire units suck):

Diana lead (using the elemental weakness/crit immunity sphere)
Tridon lead (not using his shield against Gravion)
Luther
Lilith
Darvanshel
Ivris

I only tried once so far, but I literally cruised all the way to Rickel where I stupidly let status immunity drop and she paralyzed everybody. Going to put Drevas on Ivris. I should have done so before my first attempt, but simply forgot.

I wish I had a better unit than Lilith for that spot, but like I said my list of fire units is weak, and I'm really trying to avoid AoEs for the most part.

Wikis say that when Lugina gets < 25% the first time he hits with a "massive AoE", but no other details. Anyone who's done this, just how massive is it? Do I need to mitigate and guard with everybody or will mitigation be enough?

You definitely want to mitigate and block for the 25% attack if possible due to the amount of damage in addition to Lugina's friends attacking you. Tridon and HP boosts are helpful but it isn't safe enough to just mitigate (Darvanshel will likely die from all the attacks). When I did this trial I used Magress's UBB to mitigate the damage down to 1HP for the 25% attack and the 10% attack his second form gets.

garath

How does my damn rarity bar keep resetting? I played all damn day yesterday. Today I log on just now (1:40pm my time) and it's reset. I don't understand.

You definitely want to mitigate and block for the 25% attack if possible due to the amount of damage in addition to Lugina's friends attacking you. Tridon and HP boosts are helpful but it isn't safe enough to just mitigate (Darvanshel will likely die from all the attacks). When I did this trial I used Magress's UBB to mitigate the damage down to 1HP for the 25% attack and the 10% attack his second form gets.

There won't be any of Lugina's friends for me. I'm doing basically single target killing.

EDIT: Ivris's UBB is insane for something like this. By the time I got past Gravion I had 4 people with Angel Idol buffs. During the fight as a whole everybody did at one point or another.

Kreed

There won't be any of Lugina's friends for me. I'm doing basically single target killing.

EDIT: Ivris's UBB is insane for something like this. By the time I got past Gravion I had 4 people with Angel Idol buffs. During the fight as a whole everybody did at one point or another.

In that case it may be safe to try it. During one of my failed attempts, on Lugina's 25% attack I activated Narza's SBB after Magress' UBB, which overrode Magress' UBB and caused me to loose 3 people (Tridon's shield was active and Fiona had Attack Down on a couple of enemies). My leads were Lily Matah and Feeva at the time, so with your leads and strategy you should have a better chance.

And Lugina is down! Hoo-freaking-ray.

If anyone else is trying to do this, the Wiki is wrong in several ways. Like neither Lucca nor Zelnite removed my buffs on the way out.

Plus a lot of the % of effects were wrong (Lugina summoned Lucca with > 80% health left, Tree at about 70%, Zelnite about 60, and did the buff removal attack every few turns after 50% rather than just at 40%.

I'm assuming whoever wrote the Wiki was doing much higher damage than I was.

Ended up using 3 revives and 3 Fujin potions. Slow and steady.

Apparently this week there's going to be elemental units rate up in the summoning gate. Probably going to use a summoning ticket on the earth one to try and get Quaid, or maybe not. My luck with getting seven stars has been pretty piss poor.

MicH

Tried for Claire. I got three Fiora (in a row no less) and a Grandt. I guess I'm somewhat happy for Grandt, but really - three Fiora? One was even a troll rainbow door one

Tried for Claire. I got three Fiora (in a row no less) and a Grandt. I guess I'm somewhat happy for Grandt, but really - three Fiora? One was even a troll rainbow door one
Wow, that is really bad luck. Claire's up rate is much lower than the spreadsheet on reddit. It is definitely not 25%. More people who pulled her are more likely to report they got her vs people who didn't get her.

Got my sweet Tesla. Now to raise her.

MicH

Wow, that is really bad luck. Claire's up rate is much lower than the spreadsheet on reddit. It is definitely not 25%. More people who pulled her are more likely to report they got her vs people who didn't get her.

Got my sweet Tesla. Now to raise her.
Yeah, I was quite annoyed by it. I might pull a few times again once Feeva and Ivris have a rate up but other than that I'm done. I gave most of the best units besides those two, Claire and Quaid.

I wanna 7 star my other units?

Also, I wanna 7 Star all of my units >=D

The Kira line, the Claire line, and the global 7*s do not require them, only the starters. That's why I was curious.

EDIT: I really want Feeva and Kanon, but I think I used up all my luck on the Claire line so don't see either happening.

I'm slowly working through the raids and I was wondering what the best team to bring would be. Currently I'm running:

Maxwell leader
Shida
Shera
Rosetta
Ulkina

and bringing along a friend Feeva for BC generation. Is that the best I can do as far as six stars go or are there different configurations I could try out?

Kreed

The Kira line, the Claire line, and the global 7*s do not require them, only the starters. That's why I was curious.

EDIT: I really want Feeva and Kanon, but I think I used up all my luck on the Claire line so don't see either happening.

I have Kanon/am working on getting him UBB right now, but I still don't get what the big deal is about him as a unit if you already have mitigation/status clear units.

Shouta

I still want to 7 Star them allllll lol

broz0rs

Good luck to those who are rolling for Colt. He's definitely worth having.

I'm slowly working through the raids and I was wondering what the best team to bring would be. Currently I'm running:

Maxwell leader
Shida
Shera
Rosetta
Ulkina

and bringing along a friend Feeva for BC generation. Is that the best I can do as far as six stars go or are there different configurations I could try out?

Did you reach RC3 yet? At that point, Maxwell's LS just wasn't all that great.

Also, I'd ditch Shida and go in to a quest knowing which boss you need to take down. Instead of Shida, I use one of the Sibyl sisters because some of them have BC/HC buffs along with their 3/6 elemental buff.

I have Kanon/am working on getting him UBB right now, but I still don't get what the big deal is about him as a unit if you already have mitigation/status clear units.

He's always immune to statuses, he's one of only a few units that can remove attack and defense debuffs, and is the best defensive leader for survivability there is.

With Kanon's buff, mitigation, and his leadership skill, I had people survive god piercing.

Now whether that matters to you is I guess up to you.

Good luck to those who are rolling for Colt. He's definitely worth having.

Did you reach RC3 yet? At that point, Maxwell's LS just wasn't all that great.

Also, I'd ditch Shida and go in to a quest knowing which boss you need to take down. Instead of Shida, I use one of the Sibyl sisters because some of them have BC/HC buffs along with their 3/6 elemental buff.

I'm still working my way through RC2. I do have the Sibyl Sisters, but they're not leveled up yet. I usually swap Shida with Orna or Yujeh, but I need Shida because I don't own a water/earth attack buffer.

Raika

Summoned 3 times during water rate up for Colt.

1st summon, red gate, breaks into RAINBOW!!!

Tridon (L)

:(

2nd summon, brown gate, breaks into RAINBOW...??

Zedus (B)

;~;

3rd summon, brown gate, breaks into rainbo- oh come on I'll just get some troll-

Colt (A)

ASDFGHJKLQWERTYUIOPMNBVCXZ

MicH

WOOHOO! I did it!! I best the Water Mech!! I can finally evolve my Anima Colt!!! My first 7-star unit!!! Super stoked about this victory :D Now I need to beat the Thunder Mech to evolve Kanon, but that's a bit more challenging. I don't have the Tree healer

I'm going to pull for a light unit, if only for the fact that I don't actually have anymore light units to fuse crystals into. I've concluded that summoning for the purpose of seven stars only makes me more salty.

broz0rs

I pulled five times and was able to get Diana!... but an oracle -_-

still way better than my oracle Lily Matah :)

has anyone max imped their 7* unit yet? I'm almost done with my Colt and I realized it takes around 85 total imps to max one out.

I one summon colt and quaid or whatever the green guy is. 8 summoned used on thunder daily and got junk.

Probably will drop a bit on dark day and go for feeva and ivris. Quaid is also super fucking broken in arena as a lead.

Summoned some times (too many) for dark units. Nothing like getting trolled by a rainbow door opening into...Eric. ugh.

Did get Lord Feeva. Also got another Ivris and a Hadaron.

Is Hadaron worth using in any environment? I think they fixed the stealth bug that had him so ridiculous for a while, right?

MicH

Pulled 75 gems worth of summons. Got way too many 3 stars (did get an Anima Shida though - time to replace my frail Breaker one). Got four Rainbow doors; Oracle Orwen (oh god), Breaker Grandt (pulled a Breaker Grandt when Fire rates were up), Lord FEEVA (YES!) and immediately after Guardian Ivris.

Super happy. I now have all the new 7-star units except Claire - most of them were gotten in very few pulls (got five Kanon without even pulling when Thunder rates were up)

Trial 5 is coming soon, but I haven't even finished Trial 4 (Cardes). There's so much content I still have to complete but leveling up all the units is so time consuming. Have to finish BBing Semira before I can do Cardes.

Crafted my first Malice Jewel finally. Farming Mistzug for so long. The only other Malice Jewel I got is from FH. Gonna farm the components needed for another Malice Jewel later.

I tried Zevalhua several times, and while he's doable he's another luck-fest. Killing leadership skill is a brutal ability to deal with.

Admittedly I don't have Magress, but I can not reliably knock out glorious the second time, and if I fail I consume too many items for the 3rd form race.

broz0rs

I really want to try Trial 5, but my Diana and Magress isn't ready until the next honor summons. I just beat Green Menace last night and thought it was a very fun fight. Ultor is the MVP of that one.

Kreed

I tried Zevalhua several times, and while he's doable he's another luck-fest. Killing leadership skill is a brutal ability to deal with.

Admittedly I don't have Magress, but I can not reliably knock out glorious the second time, and if I fail I consume too many items for the 3rd form race.

I'm tempted to try this trial since I have Magress but I am once again at a disadvantage by my non attacking Mitigators (Narza and Oulu only until Edea gets her 7 star form) so I don't know if this trial is going to be doable for me based on strategies I've seen.

I'm tempted to try this trial since I have Magress but I am once again at a disadvantage by my non attacking Mitigators (Narza and Oulu only until Edea gets her 7 star form) so I don't know if this trial is going to be doable for me based on strategies I've seen.

Given Zevalhua breaks your leader skills anyway you might consider using a friend Darvanshel or Shera instead of your own mitigator.

The key seems to be keeping BB against a target who is constantly doing BB drains and without relying on a leadership skill.

Took down Zevalhua. Used Diana lead(to use the leadership skill for the start of the battle to get up and running), Orna (crit buff), Ardin (Light buff), Ivris (heal/status), Darvanshel(duh) and a Magress friend. Made it all the way to the 3rd form without using an item, ended up using 2 revives, 2 Goddess Idols, and 3 Fujin potions.

Top Bottom