• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

First half of Raaga batch is released.

Aaron, Zerafalgar, and Oguru.

Aaron is insane, makes Darvanshel and Shera look like chumps. Even so, I'm waiting for the second half of the group to summon.

MicH

Decided to do two summons just for the hell of it. First pull was an Oracle Hadaraon (ugh), second was a Lord Rubeus. Would have preferred Oguro or Aaron, but a new unit is still really nice - especially in two pulls :)

broz0rs

IL88V51.png

Source: reddit

There is no rate up and it lasts for 2 weeks.......................Seriously?
Just reading the comments on reddit is enough salt for today. Looks like Raga isn't gonna have a rate up either.
I want Aaron or Raga :(

Cleared the Palymna GGC today, netting 4 gems and the sphere at the cost of 2 revive lights. Loch managed to get a God Piercing in before I could KO him and Lorand. After that it was a matter of slowly grinding Dean and Edea into dust.

MicH

Reed vortex and Achievement system is out! I immediately cashed in some of my dupes for 20,000 points. 500 pts for a metal mimic is a steal. God, I hate farming for those!

Looks like it'll be a few weeks before I cash in all the points I have right now. I didn't realize almost everything you could buy is limited, nor that there was a cap on current points.

Promptly bought all imps, frogs, the Ice Blade and Blaze Lance. Still have > 100K potential points left over not including Zel/Karma/Unit sales.

MicH

Oh my god they added the bulbs. I'll never have to farm those ever again!!

EDIT Looks like you can trade in units for 50,000 pts now. You can still only carry 20,000 at a time though, but really nice if you want to buy stuff

Anyone have any idea what they are thinking by limiting things like Totems?

I just don't get what problem that is trying to solve. If I want to buy 87 Water Totems in a week, so ?

Kreed

Anyone have any idea what they are thinking by limiting things like Totems?

I just don't get what problem that is trying to solve. If I want to buy 87 Water Totems in a week, so ?

I'm guessing it's because it could take away from the money Gumi "wants" people to spend on gem stamina refills.

I've been running the Eriole mission over and over and not really paying attention to the number of mimics I was racking up. Today I noticed I had a totally ridiculous number of them, so when I evolved Magress to 7* I decided to experiment. Using nothing but mimics and a few dark Totems I got Magress all the way to level 98.

Ahh...I have unit space again!

Already have Reed as anima from the first time that dungeon popped up. I do want an anima Rhein, Aneil and Nevsky. Got a breaker Rhein, Aneil and Lord Nevsky many months ago.

After basically dumping all my energy for today on the Reed Vortex, I managed to get 2 Breaker Reeds and an Anima Reed on top of the Guardian Reed. I think I'll keep a Breaker and the Anima and fuse the rest off as BB fodder. Hopefully the rest of the Vortexes are not so painful.

Why are people farming reed? There's only like 3 worthwhile units in that batch worth leveling if you don't have better rs units

There is a list on reddit, on mobile so can't link well

MicH

Why are people farming reed? There's only like 3 worthwhile units in that batch worth leveling if you don't have better rs units

There is a list on reddit, on mobile so can't link well
I just want them for my collection.

Took me four tries to get Rhein to drop today b first stop was Anima, though

Substitute Gumi with Alim then. It's not like Alim isn't trying to make money either, just not as badly as the global version.

I guess I just find it inconceivable that people gem for non-Dark/Light Totems. Even back when it was 10 minutes/energy the guaranteed drop nature meant I never did that.

Maintenance tomorrow, after which another quest map will be available as well as the Kikuri and Sefia GGC. I don't think I'll be able to handle the GGC though, given my complete lack of 7-stars. When will RNGesus bless me?

Arena is weird. I have the random rules checkmarked, but the three arena matches I played seemed pretty typical. I did get the bonus points for using the random rules though. Also, the consecutive victories counter is not going up for me either.

Even with Random Rules you can get a run with nothing special about it.

In my 3 Orbs I get female boost, leadership broken, and nothing.

Strangely female boost gave me more points than leadership broken.

Got an Unexpected error after completing a Miracle Totem Run, now I can't get back in. Thank goodness I already got an Anima Aneil in the 1 hour between the rollover and the start of maintenance or I would be really frustrated right now.

Got an Unexpected error after completing a Miracle Totem Run, now I can't get back in. Thank goodness I already got an Anima Aneil in the 1 hour between the rollover and the start of maintenance or I would be really frustrated right now.

Me too, and it was also after a Miracle Totem run. Wonder if that's coincidence?

Kreed

I keep getting the "New Update available" error after completing anything (Arena, Vortex, etc...). Guess I'll wait until Gumi issues fixes.

Well, did arena, cumulative wins don't work. Tried to do some quests and it crashed. Couldn't log in and had to reinstall. Finally got in and it crashes after the first arena match.
Got a few small update patches. Hopefully that fixes whatever was causing such instability.

Cumulative wins are working, it just displays 0.

You can tell this because the points are still gained for victory (up to 100 for Random, up to 100 for Cumulative wins).

I can deal with constantly getting kicked out. I can deal with some lame error messages I have to click through.

What is seriously pissing me off is every time I get kicked out my auto-battle settings randomize. WTF Gumi.

broz0rs

When Sefia and Kikuri start tag teaming you, they hit like a freight train. Really wish I had 6* Grahdens for this fight.

Still been getting these REP_0 errors, but at least they don't cause a force-quit anymore. But anytime I leave the application, it restarts and I have to go through the loading screen again. In other news, an Anima Lucana continues to elude me. Also I need Kanon friends. Then I can do a Kaito lead + Kanon friend for the +90% Defense + 140% defense boost from Kanon SBB into Lance UBB. I imagine the damage would be crazy.

MicH

It took me 6 tries on level 6 before I got an Aneil. Luckily it was Anima.

Lucana was easier; got one each run. First two were Lord, third was Anima. I've had pretty decent luck with these so far

Nevsky seems to be a pretty poor mitigator though. Only mitigating 40% while others mitigate 50%. I guess he has the benefit of attacking over Narza, but still not that great.

broz0rs

I'm approaching double digit attempts on Sefia and Kikuri GGC and I think the damage threshold is too high for the units I have. Been running Tridon lead, Yujeh, Colt, Darvanshel, Diana, and Kanon friend. Even with minimum 10k health, the Sefia debuff and Kikuri "Burial Rain" combo can take down any unit with mitigation and Earth shield. This fight makes all the trials seem like a cakewalk in comparison.

They still haven't fixed the glitch where autobattle settings reset everytime you leave the app. It's pretty annoying having to go into settings each time to adjust it.

I tried the Sefia/Kikuri GGC battle.

I didn't even get to them. The first wave does stupid damage if they focus fire. 15k health + mitigation didn't save me. I refuse to use revives before I even get to the real battle.

This is the type of bad luck I always get on so-called "challenging" content.

EDIT: Second try and I cruised past the first wave and beat the thing. I used Ivris (Lafdranya/Heresy Orb), Kanon(lead, Malice Jewel/Magic Ore), Shera(Dandelga/Magic Ore), Selena(Lexida/Ihsir's Guise), Diana(Leomurg/Magic Ore), and Colt(lead, Ice Blade + Heresy Orb).

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with the Spirit Tiara?

I tried the Sefia/Kikuri GGC battle.

I didn't even get to them. The first wave does stupid damage if they focus fire. 15k health + mitigation didn't save me. I refuse to use revives before I even get to the real battle.

This is the type of bad luck I always get on so-called "challenging" content.

EDIT: Second try and I cruised past the first wave and beat the thing. I used Ivris (Lafdranya/Heresy Orb), Kanon(lead, Malice Jewel/Magic Ore), Shera(Dandelga/Magic Ore), Selena(Lexida/Ihsir's Guise), Diana(Leomurg/Magic Ore), and Colt(lead, Ice Blade + Heresy Orb).

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with the Spirit Tiara?

I read on reddit that the Spirit Tiara on Quaid is always 75% stats because of his extra skill.

I read on reddit that the Spirit Tiara on Quaid is always 75% stats because of his extra skill.

I saw that too, but it is such an odd way to view things. Quaid is worse below 50% health with the Spirit Tiara than with almost any other stat sphere, same as everybody else. By the same amount, too.

There's nothing special about Quaid and the Spirit Tiara.

I long since stopped using the Wicked Blade because it has the same problem as the Spirit Tiara. The Tiara working below 100% doesn't make really make me change my view on it, because against tough content I'm usually either 100% or < 50%.

Farming Mitzsug for example, I start every round below 50% health with most people.

Seems to me its primary usage is to speed up slightly farming easy content, or maybe the Arena. I'm just not sure it's that much better for these as to be worth swapping in. Right now I put it on Orna, who at this point is only in my Arena party.

Top Bottom