• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

I didn't know there was a rate up for the 12 guardians!

Anyway I pulled twice and got darvanshel and fiora. I got a second mitigator but sadly am still seven-starless. Also grinding honor through 50 friends is such a pain in the ass.
Try 100 friends. Don't even go through all of them before it refreshes at 5pm.

Once again I get super lucky after complaining about bad luck.

I got 5 gems from going from RC2 to 3 and then 1 more from doing quests in that new area.

Summoned twice.

Got Claire, then Ivris. What? Are you kidding me? I'm not sure I've ever had that kind of luck.

Only missing Colt out of the new set.

Limit

Decided I didn't have enough salt in my life, so I spent some cash on the 24-pack of gems to get 8 more pulls.

4* Vishra (Breaker)
4* Jack (Guardian) - Really? Really? Sigh.
4* Tiara (Anima) - Dupe. And already maxed too.
4* Alyut (Guardian)
4* Rina (Anima)
4* Farlon (Lord)
4* Rowgen (Breaker) - Another dupe, another max.

and finally, another damn Zellha. Yup, now I'm super salty. Shit units all the way down.

EDIT: Actually sold all 8 out of spite. That'll teach you, RNGesus!

The salt is strong in this one.

Wanted to see if I get lucky. Did one summon. Got a (G) Rowgen AGAIN!
Fused him away without a second though. Done with this 3 gem summons. Rather use it to increase my items now.

MicH

Slowly getting ready for Frontier Hunter. Just unlocked my Shida's SBB. I'm so behind on this as I didn't play for almost a year so I only just recently got a lot of the hood units for FH. I'm gonna go ham in the SMP Onde I get a third key on a Monday. Saved a few gems for that :p Already got the evo mats

Quests seem to be rather buggy at the moment. Last night while grinding the first level of Mistral, I got a few errors that caused a couple of stages to be skipped completely. Also just had an unexpected error while starting a stage that crashed the app.

lordcyno

Quests seem to be rather buggy at the moment. Last night while grinding the first level of Mistral, I got a few errors that caused a couple of stages to be skipped completely. Also just had an unexpected error while starting a stage that crashed the app.

I've been crashing a bunch on the new map and then I have to reset my progress in the stage otherwise it'll crash on stage load.

xehanort

I just pulled 5 times earlier, on top of my 20+ 2 days ago.

Still no 7* aside from alfa (3 pull wth?)

Not bad pulls aside from no 7*, got Andaria, Zelnite, Elza and Tridon. Others are meh

MicH

Give me all those gems!

My FH team is nowhere near ready unfortunately, but it did SSS Entrance and Middle. Most of them are not even fully evolved, but hopefully I can get it close to finished tomorrow when I get my third metal key

Primus

I looooooove FH time. 9 gems for SSSing Beginning-End, ending up in:

4* Kaito (Lord) - Eh, I'll take it.
4* Phee (Lord) - Better than a poke in the eye.
5* Alpha (Anima) - Hot damn! Not Claire, but I'll take it!

Less salty today.

MicH

I actually managed to get all rewards from End despite not being able to finish it :lol I need to finish this team (only Shida is fully levelled and has his SBB unlocked)

EDIT What the hell, I decided to do three summons too. Here's what I got:

Anima Raydn (dupe but better typing)
Anima Andaria (super happy about this pull!)
Guardian Eric (get out of here!)

Finished Terminus. Didn't get 2 mil due to a few units dying or Sergio and Mifune taking longer than 3 turns to kill. Still got all the rewards with 1.82 mil. Gotta tone the damage on a few waves.

Gonna use my gems in expanding my item capacity. 175 is not enough anymore. Aiming to keep it even with my unit capacity.

Kreed

Finished Terminus. Didn't get 2 mil due to a few units dying or Sergio and Mifune taking longer than 3 turns to kill. Still got all the rewards with 1.82 mil. Gotta tone the damage on a few waves.

Gonna use my gems in expanding my item capacity. 175 is not enough anymore. Aiming to keep it even with my unit capacity.

I don't know how you guys are managing this. I'm at 330 right now and am still running low on space.

My problem is spheres not items, I have a mental block preventing me from selling any sphere you can't craft with normal mats, which I know is stupid.

I have no use for 17 Sacred Jewels, especially when I have 16 Medulla Gems, 11 Legwand gems, and a Malice Jewel...but I just can't make myself sell them.

I'm not sure anyone cares, but the current line for where the matchmaking rules in Arena are dropped is right around 820k points(middle of Archgod rank). I just hit it and now Arena is awesome again.

For those who didn't know, once there are no longer 5 people within the +/- 3k range you can now fight anyone who is your rank or the rank above.

I've been fighting people who have 45K more points than I do. 200 arena points every win. It's like the good old days where you could actually see your enemies' points before fighting.

MicH

Did one last yolo summon with the gems I got from Terminus

Red door appears

IT BREAKS!!!

RAINBOW DOOR!!

Shera. My fifth Shera. Oh hey, it's a 6 star Shera when I JUST evolved my 5 star :(

So i made a few pulls. Anything good?

Fire step Ramna Oracle
Ice mage Dean Breaker
Cyborg Lilith Oracle
Light blade Alyut Guardian
Light blade Alyut Anima

So i made a few pulls. Anything good?

Fire step Ramna Oracle
Ice mage Dean Breaker
Cyborg Lilith Oracle
Light blade Alyut Guardian
Light blade Alyut Anima

Typings not so great, but Lilith is great because of her infinite SBB. Alyut is decent, but as a Guardian is attack is really awful, so I would use prioritize Anima.

Typings not so great, but Lilith is great because of her infinite SBB. Alyut is decent, but as a Guardian is attack is really awful, so I would use prioritize Anima.

thank you. im thinking of doing a light/dark team

1. Leader keymaster gilnea because of attack bonus
2. Lilith
3.Sefia
4.Alice
5. Magress

would this be a good team? i just pick the units i see people talk about. :p

thank you. im thinking of doing a light/dark team

1. Leader keymaster gilnea because of attack bonus
2. Lilith
3.Sefia
4.Alice
5. Magress

would this be a good team? i just pick the units i see people talk about. :p

Replace Magress with something else, in general the starter six star stats are really subpar. If you have the EU light or dark valkyries I would use one of them.

Or should i go with an all Light team?

1. Light blade Alyut leader 65% light dmg
2. Blade storm Sefia
3. Cyborg Lilith
4. Holy Alvitr
5.Keymaster Gilnea, another Alyut or Sola

Your all light party is probably better for general purpose use, and I wouldn't use the Keymaster under any circumstances, he has no long term potential.

Primus

2 more pulls, thanks to quest completion and today's free Summon Ticket.

5* Will (Breaker) - Feh.

5* Colt (Anima) - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He'll be ready for the next FH.

Ok so hunter season 13 has started and i have a few questions.

Esteem Rewards - I get depending on mt position when the season ends. Whats the best way to grind this?

Esteem rewards - How do i get these?

Uncharted frontier start, midle, end - i should just grind these trying to get as high as possible?

Ok so hunter season 13 has started and i have a few questions.

Esteem Rewards - I get depending on mt position when the season ends. Whats the best way to grind this?

Esteem rewards - How do i get these?

Uncharted frontier start, midle, end - i should just grind these trying to get as high as possible?
The esteem rewards are given to you once you obtain the required score for them. Its usually best to bring units that have high hit count sbb, Go as far as you can. If you can't do Terminus and getting a low rank, farm the End instead. Aim for multi-kills on the 3rd turn for that score bonus.

They changed the Frontier Hunter rewards for the ranks.
HR + 5 = 1000 or less.
HR + 4 = 1,001 - 5,000.
HR + 3 = 5,001 - 10,000.
HR + 2 = 10,001 - 50,000
HR + 1 = 50,001 and below

Made it easier for HR +5 and +4.

The esteem rewards are given to you once you obtain the required score for them. Its usually best to bring units that have high hit count sbb, Go as far as you can. If you can't do Terminus and getting a low rank, farm the End instead. Aim for multi-kills on the 3rd turn for that score bonus.

They changed the Frontier Hunter rewards for the ranks.
HR + 5 = 1000 or less.
HR + 4 = 1,001 - 5,000.
HR + 3 = 5,001 - 10,000.
HR + 2 = 10,001 - 50,000
HR + 1 = 50,001 and below

Made it easier for HR +5 and +4.

Terminus? is that ad level after end? Nah i can get to the boss in end and then i die. But its all good, i was reading up on a few units on the wiki and i realised that two of my units are genderless? I thought i used an all female team but i guess Lira and the rebel angel Elsel are not so they wont benefit from my team leader 30% extra dmg from females.

So i decided to make a new team (before i even started on the light one)

1. Cyborg Lilith Leader 65% rainbow squad dmg
2. Rebel angel Elsel Boost BC & HC drop
3. Fire step Ranma Boost Defence 3 turns
4. God eater Lira or Hell keep Alice? just dmg
5. Alpha tree Altri healer

How does this sound compare to the mono-light one i had a few posts up?

Terminus? is that ad level after end? Nah i can get to the boss in end and then i die. But its all good, i was reading up on a few units on the wiki and i realised that two of my units are genderless? I thought i used an all female team but i guess Lira and the rebel angel Elsel are not so they wont benefit from my team leader 30% extra dmg from females.

So i decided to make a new team (before i even started on the light one)

1. Cyborg Lilith Leader 65% rainbow squad dmg
2. Rebel angel Elsel Boost BC & HC drop
3. Fire step Ranma Boost Defence 3 turns
4. God eater Lira or Hell keep Alice? just dmg
5. Alpha tree Altri healer

How does this sound compare to the mono-light one i had a few posts up?
Yes, Terminus is the stage after the End. This team would do better mainly for different elements. Do you have a crit or spark buffer? Someone like Elza or Rosetta and Orna or Kuda would increase your damage immensely.

Who do you use as your helper?

Yes, Terminus is the stage after the End. This team would do better mainly for different elements. Do you have a crit or spark buffer? Someone like Elza or Rosetta and Orna or Kuda would increase your damage immensely.

Who do you use as your helper?

Thanks for your replay. Nope dosent look like i have any crit or spark buffer yet. Ill look for one.

As a helper i used the Valhalla unts and untis who give %dmg to rainbow squads.

Edit: managed to beat END, guess ill try Terminus now :)

Edit2: Terminus wont unlock, am i missing something?

Kitoro

Is there a list of spheres that can be sold without looking back? I have full Legeand and spark buffing or BC regen gems on everyone I use, but I'm still afraid to unload my tons of other spheres.

I also have a bunch of old event items I'm not sure I should save or use, but that's besides the point.

Thanks!

Kreed

Thanks for your replay. Nope dosent look like i have any crit or spark buffer yet. Ill look for one.

As a helper i used the Valhalla unts and untis who give %dmg to rainbow squads.

Edit: managed to beat END, guess ill try Terminus now :)

Edit2: Terminus wont unlock, am i missing something?

Or should i go with an all Light team?

1. Light blade Alyut leader 65% light dmg
2. Blade storm Sefia
3. Cyborg Lilith
4. Holy Alvitr
5.Keymaster Gilnea, another Alyut or Sola

Based on the unit in bold in this post that I had to Google because I never heard of it, I'm going to guess that you're playing the European version? The European version of Brave Frontier is only on Frontier Hunter season 4, which only has access to End (Terminus hasn't been added yet). Global is on Frontier Hunter season 13.

I'd also be wary of any advice in this thread since most of the posts are discussing the Global version, which is much further ahead in regards to units and difficult content (ex: the team recommendations you got earlier were in regards to harder Global content).

Anyone know if the new global seven star units are worth it? Or would it be better to wait for a rate up on the other seven star batches?

broz0rs

General consensus on reddit is that existing units are better than the two global units, and are only worth getting if you don't have any 7* units from the two previous batches.

Oulu, Will and the Tree are getting 7 stars.
9oXptd9.png

r4fHRwH.png

4SshKgh.png
Will Oulu finally do damage?

Oulu, Will and the Tree are getting 7 stars.

Will Oulu finally do damage?

Got all 3 of them but probably only give Tree and Oulu the 7* treatment. I have a feeling Will is still going to suck as a 7*. I'm not going to upgrade every older unit to 7* anymore, I made a horrible mistake doing that with Alice and in a way Loch.

MicH

I don't have any of those :( I really want Tree. I have duplicates of like every healer except Tree, Rashil and Ivris, all of which I don't even have :(

Kreed

Oulu doing damage finally would be great (especially since I'm stuck with Oulu and Narza right now as my only mitigators and it's killing me in Frontier Hunter).

Got all 3 of them but probably only give Tree and Oulu the 7* treatment. I have a feeling Will is still going to suck as a 7*. I'm not going to upgrade every older unit to 7* anymore, I made a horrible mistake doing that with Alice and in a way Loch.

Will was my first rare summon unit (back when he was actually a good summon) so I'm REALLY hoping they do something decent with him.

What's wrong with Alice?

What's wrong with Alice?

LS: 100% Atk to all Dark units + 4 BC/turn
ES: Drain 5-10% and 7 BC when attacking.
BB: 13 hits AoE (260%) with probable curse (45%) + heal (1400-1600 + 22.5% Rec) to all allies.
SBB: 19 hits AoE (500%) + convert 80% Rec to Atk to all allies for 3 turns + BB fill rate buff to all allies by 30% for 3 turns.
UBB: 23 hits AoE (1000%) + 300% Rec buff to all allies for 3 turns + heal (3600-4400 + 40% Rec) + HoT (2000-2300 + 20% Rec) for 3 turns.
BC Cost: 25/23/20 BC

LS = Mediocre
BB = Mediocre heal amount
SBB = Rec to Atk buff is the worse of all convert to Atk buff, BB 30% is fine but BC generation is not a problem if you have top tier units or certain spheres.
UBB = Useless, I can't think of single situation where you would use her UBB over other 7* units.

She's definitely the worse 7* released so far(IMO) and it's going to take a huge mess up to top her.

Maintenance is over and the Palymna GGC is out in the Vortex. Also 2 gems, 10 crescent dews, and 3 burst frogs as compensation for extended maintenace.

Maintenance is over and the Palymna GGC is out in the Vortex. Also 2 gems, 10 crescent dews, and 3 burst frogs as compensation for extended maintenace.

Palymna GGC is pretty out-classed by 7* units which didn't exist in Japan at the time of release.

I beat all 3 levels with no gemming, and only had to use 2 revives when I didn't expect Loch's God Piercing in the final battle.

Of course I used 4 7* (Kanon/Diana leaders, Quaid + Selena) + Zelnite and Darvanshel. My entire party had 12K HP roughly.

Palymna GGC is pretty out-classed by 7* units which didn't exist in Japan at the time of release.

I beat all 3 levels with no gemming, and only had to use 2 revives when I didn't expect Loch's God Piercing in the final battle.

Of course I used 4 7* (Kanon/Diana leaders, Quaid + Selena) + Zelnite and Darvanshel. My entire party had 12K HP roughly.
Damn, that nuts.

I only had a Feeza friend. Used a gem once to clear the last fight. So bummed I don't have a 7 star from the rare summon gate. :(

Evolved Noah and ending up paying 1.5 million zel. That is one expensive 6 star mock unit.

garath

Oh damn. It's been awhile since I played and I didn't realize I had pulled a Kira that can be 7*'d. I think I'm going to have to work on him. Really sucks he's an Oracle though :(

At least it's something fun to do.

edit: wow. FH is already over? Whoops.. I never even did a pass on the terminus :( That felt very short.. or maybe I just haven't played in that long. Damn. I finally have the team to get all the rewards too. Ugh.

Kreed

Damn, that nuts.

I only had a Feeza friend. Used a gem once to clear the last fight. So bummed I don't have a 7 star from the rare summon gate. :(

Evolved Noah and ending up paying 1.5 million zel. That is one expensive 6 star mock unit.

The 3rd dungeon is pretty easy even without 7 stars (I used Rosetta, Narza, Lucca, Zelnite, Elza, Shida, no gems needed). The most dangerous opponent for me was Lorand in the final round due to his removing buffs, but I was able to kill him after using 2 revives.

The double EXP in Atharva Crystal palace is great! 16k exp for the same energy as Karma dungeon, AND I get the satisfaction of punching Eriole in his smug face over and over again!

Top Bottom