• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

MicH

YES!! Got a gem for my daily login which put me at 5 gems in total. I REALLY wanted Bestie so I did a summon... LORD BESTIE! God, I am so happy about that. Her and Deimos were really the only two units I really wanted. Now planning on running a Totetsu Arena team with Selena, Bestie, Zenia and someone else

MicH

At this point I'd suggest waiting on pulling. We should get the godly rare summon gate when the next batch hits. That'll split the gate into two: one that only includes units from Kira's batch and onward and one that has every other unit at a reduced price of 3 gems a pull

Just got a windows 10 upgrade and saw brave frontier could be played on it -chucks phone version- sad I got a pretty good start on the phone version since it was during the last event the other week but this pc one is soooo much smoother it does not compare. Got twins as my first pull, not that bad.

Shouta

At this point I'd suggest waiting on pulling. We should get the godly rare summon gate when the next batch hits. That'll split the gate into two: one that only includes units from Kira's batch and onward and one that has every other unit at a reduced price of 3 gems a pull

Ooooh, interesting. Good thing I waited, lol.

It's hard keeping so many units around so I've started chucking some of my old that probably won't be great even if they eventually gave them a 7 Star Summon for points.

Be aware that if you are waiting on this you may, in fact, be waiting on something which may happen tomorrow, in 6 months, or never.

Gumi's summon gate events are frequently very different than Japans, and they've always treated it differently.

broz0rs

wow.. those are some nice pulls. My attention has been on FFRK, which is basically Brave Frontier, but with Squaresoft nostalgia lol. I'm going to resume playing BF when the Glyph batch is up on global.

HomesIice

Hate to be that guy but keep in mind JP released the god summon gate/3 gem summon along its 2nd year anniversary which so happened to be in conjunction with Glyph's batch so I wouldn't be too surprised if Global chooses not to implement the god summon gate or 3 gem summon when Glyph's batch arrives ((Probs the latter))

Be aware that if you are waiting on this you may, in fact, be waiting on something which may happen tomorrow, in 6 months, or never.

Gumi's summon gate events are frequently very different than Japans, and they've always treated it differently.

!!!!

But yeah probs to hold on summoning for now but looking at people's pulls it doesn't seem disastrous?

Been getting dupes lately. Gonna hold on my gems. I used to want Reis, but Glyph outclasses him? That powercreep. Do people still want Feeva? Never managed to pull her.
I still want Zenia and Toutetsu.

Wow, those are amazing pulls Birgitte2004! The RNG was on your side.

Wow seven star Tridon and Ultor make Lugina's trial a joke. I only had to use two revive lights because I wasn't paying attention to Gravion's AOE and he splatted Shera twice, but otherwise Tridon's shield and Ultor's taunt basically nullified Lugina's nukes into nothing.

Wow seven star Tridon and Ultor make Lugina's trial a joke. I only had to use two revive lights because I wasn't paying attention to Gravion's AOE and he splatted Shera twice, but otherwise Tridon's shield and Ultor's taunt basically nullified Lugina's nukes into nothing.

Taunt is so OP. With Deimos and Aaron firing BB's every turn, I'm rarely in trouble of dying.

7* Tridon trivializes EX1/2 and 001-005 + Lugina and Seria.

And he's a great help on EX3, Afla Dilith, and Karl EX.

Kreed

That Lira GCC is ridiculous. Ended up using 2 gems just because I didn't want to waste a good part of my day killing multiple Oulu/Golem's again for a no gem clear. My team was the following:

Deimos, Tridon, Ronel, Edea, Elimo, Zenia (friend)

If random Leader Skill locks and debuffs like this become the norm I might stop attempting these things (thankfully Deimos and Taunt took most of the leader skill locks).

That Lira GCC is ridiculous. Ended up using 2 gems just because I didn't want to waste a good part of my day killing multiple Oulu/Golem's again for a no gem clear. My team was the following:

Deimos, Tridon, Ronel, Edea, Elimo, Zenia (friend)

If random Leader Skill locks and debuffs like this become the norm I might stop attempting these things (thankfully Deimos and Taunt took most of the leader skill locks).

Apparently JP complained so much about the Lira GGC that Alim said they wouldn't do something like that again.

Oh boy Water Vortex Arena. I can't wait to experience for myself the misery of legends. But really all I want Gumi to do is release the details on the next 7 star SBS batch. My Aurelia hungers.

Kreed

Oh boy Selena Vortex Arena. I can't wait to experience for myself the misery of legends. But really all I want Gumi to do is release the details on the next 7 star SBS batch. My Aurelia hungers.

Fixed.

I can't believe Gumi is still trying to release these in the age of 7 star units, the Exchange shop, and 30%+ stat spheres.

I don't get why people are saying Seria Grand Quest is hard. I've wasted two goddess idols on Seria expecting Algmos to do some nonsensical bullshit but so far I haven't had any problems whatsoever. Rin and Rowgen seem to do just fine against him and Seria isn't being dropped from full to zero.

I don't get why people are saying Seria Grand Quest is hard. I've wasted two goddess idols on Seria expecting Algmos to do some nonsensical bullshit but so far I haven't had any problems whatsoever. Rin and Rowgen seem to do just fine against him and Seria isn't being dropped from full to zero.

Are you fighting the first form or the second?

The second form can, and will, kill Seria from full health through guard. If you haven't had that happen you've been exceptionally lucky.

Are you fighting the first form or the second?

The second form can, and will, kill Seria from full health through guard. If you haven't had that happen you've been exceptionally lucky.

It was the second form. I guess I'll see if it happens the third go around with Lugina, but I'm just going to bring an angel idol instead of a goddess idol.

After I think 50 tries or so I finally beat Trial X3 and got Xie'Jing.

I will admit that it took a lot of learning patterns and such to get myself in a position to win.

Having said that, Gumi can bite me. Total RNG-fest at the end, and there is no amount of skill that can compensate for the luck.

The biggest difference in my last few tries was getting Sky Harbinger and Zeldeus. My tries prior to that were hopeless.

My team:
Zenia (Obsidian Core Amplifier/Fallacy Orb) - lead
Quaid (Sky Harbinger/Advent Solace)
Tridon (Tridon's Trident/Impiety Orb)
Zeldeus (Golem Core/Elder Hat)
Ivris (Drevas/Fake Stone)
Bestie (Buffer Jewel/Heresy Orb) - friend

Note that if you try a party like this, it's a good idea to not use Quaid's SBB until you are ready to kill the first Fei. If you use it early you will kill Fei before she even gets to the threshold to summon the bombs, or you'll have to waste turns while waiting for Taunt to wear off. It was easier just to skip the SBB for a bit.

Quaid was how I could reliably kill the 3rd Fei on the right turn. The rest seems pretty self explanatory.

MicH

They're not worth that ridiculous price tag. Piany Flower is pretty much always a better option than Twinkle Gem

HomesIice

My only gripe with twinkle gem is the measly 2bc/turn, granted it can save your arse a couple times but it's just a little too low for the BP required to buy it imo

There's fake stone (GQ, Achievement store record) and now the 10BC/turn RC5 sphere you can get in favour of magic ore so :/

If you have the BP then by all means, knock yourself out

The Water Vortex Arena is up. Sort of. Lots of "busy" errors.

Tying a buffer jewel to it is so Gumi. Guess we'll see if it has the uptime to get anyone to it other than people frantically gemming at the end.

The Water Vortex Arena is up. Sort of. Lots of "busy" errors.

Tying a buffer jewel to it is so Gumi. Guess we'll see if it has the uptime to get anyone to it other than people frantically gemming at the end.

They already put out compensation. 3 water crystal gods. Took Selena from 1 to 96. Awesome.

Kreed

I'm surprised Gumi isn't doing anything Chain Chronicles related considering they have a Brave Frontier event going on in that game right now which is probably garnering some interest (obtainable Elza and Selena cards as well as Selena's Lexida blade weapon last week).

I'm surprised Gumi isn't doing anything Chain Chronicles related considering they have a Brave Frontier event going on in that game right now which is probably garnering some interest (obtainable Elza and Selena cards as well as Selena's Lexida blade weapon last week).

I'm a little surprised too given they added a news item about the collab.....and then included nothing in game.

As of 4.5 hours into the event someone crossed into Exalted, with 10K points.

I don't understand. Who would spend >50 gems to get 10 summon tickets (already a losing proposition) + 2 spheres that are strictly worse than Buffer Jewels...and that's assuming you finish #1. #2-#10 only get 1 of the sphere worse than a buffer jewel, and even less tickets.

broz0rs

As of 4.5 hours into the event someone crossed into Exalted, with 10K points.

I don't understand. Who would spend >50 gems to get 10 summon tickets (already a losing proposition) + 2 spheres that are strictly worse than Buffer Jewels...and that's assuming you finish #1. #2-#10 only get 1 of the sphere worse than a buffer jewel, and even less tickets.

those players could care less about the rewards. i've seen players in other app games that burn through IAP just so they can get no.1 in whatever competition the game would have, and the rewards never justify the total purchase.

but in previous vortex events, word is that those accounts were used by Gumi so that other players can get matched up with them to gain higher scores. they would be no.1 for that day with a ridiculous score, much higher than needed to get all rewards, and never be seen again.

Shouta

I used about 10 gems on the Water Arena myself. It's been burning a hole in my wallet for awhile since I haven't pulled for units recently aside from Colt. I also haven't participated in the other arenas so I'd like to try and get the special unit in. Selena was also the unit I started the game with so I gotta use her, lol.

Does her Leadership skill not activate for AI teams? I've been beating all the Selena's straight but mine always gets the resist death buff, lol

I used about 10 gems on the Water Arena myself. It's been burning a hole in my wallet for awhile since I haven't pulled for units recently aside from Colt. I also haven't participated in the other arenas so I'd like to try and get the special unit in. Selena was also the unit I started the game with so I gotta use her, lol.

Does her Leadership skill not activate for AI teams? I've been beating all the Selena's straight but mine always gets the resist death buff, lol

Correct. For some reason it only applies to your team.

Selena Vortex Arena.

Extra skills only apply to your team, not the opposing team.
Opponents can never use SBB, only BB.
The order of the units are upside down from their actual order, meaning most AI types are less likely to use BB than normal.

With all the disadvantages added to opponents over time it's almost surprising offense ever loses. If you have a good team it takes ridiculously bad luck to lose.

broz0rs

I'm very surprised this vortex event is running without a hitch. Finding higher ranked opponents has been easy as well. Very nice job by Gumi.

Is anybody still using Amanohabokens or Masamune on their arena characters? I'm just using whichever sphere that boosts their passive. Secondary spheres are mostly stat spheres and Magic Ore.

Nah I'm too lazy to switch spheres so I just use questing spheres.

Also Aurelia and Hadaron are the next two SBS getting seven stars.

edit: also codes from stream for free stuff EXPIRE AUGUST 18 23:59 PST

twitchtv2015a
twitchtv2015b
twitchtv2015c
twitchtv2015d

For Burst Emperor, Imp Arton, 3x Crescent Dew, 2000 Achievement points.

Did a few summons:

Anima Sodis
Guardian Diana (dupe)
Guardian Rigness
Anima Edea (yes!)

I finally have a seven star mitigator! What spheres are recommended for her usually?

my summons were shit this time around. Probably going to hold off the rest of the PRU.

> Sergio (dupe)
> Golem (dupe)
> Zergal
> Zeldan
> Bonus - Tridon (dupe)

broz0rs

I finally have a seven star mitigator! What spheres are recommended for her usually?

congrats on Edea. She's a beast.

If you don't know yet, her extra skill requires Lafranya sphere so it's a must have on her. Secondary sphere, I'm a big fan of Magic Ore so I can BB every round on boss stages whenever BC drops aren't plenty.

Primus

New patch up, we got a bunch of the missing QoL improvements.

• Activating Overdrive no longer uses up that unit's turn.
  • Can create a designated Arena squad and Friend squad.
  • Achievement Point limit raised to 50k, trading point limits also increased.
  • Dungeon Key limits raised to 50, amount of daily keys doubled, Exchange Hall prices halved. Downside - Dungeon open time dropped to 30 minutes.
  • Cutscene skip and replay.

Plus UBB changes to a few units and the usual mess of fixes/changes. Also hints that the Michelle/Melchio 7* batch is close.

Top Bottom