• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

broz0rs

I thought this RS batch was pretty decent so I pulled 8 times. New units I got were:

Claire (O) fuck
Tazer (B)
Dion (A)

A bit salty that my Claire is oracle, but it's not all that bad considering I have Colt and can use their passives without their special spheres.

MicH

Breaker is probably the best typing for Tazer, so those are some good pulls. Tazer is the most important unit for farming Blaze Pearls efficiently so you can craft Buffer Jewels

so I downloaded this last night after not playing for over a year...and my account is still there, but looks to be in pretty bad shape. Here are the units I have by rarity :

• Phoenix (5*)
  • Selena (5*)
  • Il & Mina (5*)
  • Behemoth (5*)
  • Sergio (4*)
  • Altro (4*)
  • Mifune (4*)
  • Kuda (4*)
  • Falma (3*)

Having a hell of a time progressing and getting destroyed in the Arena. What course of action should I be taking here, or try and see if they'll let me reset my account?

Help me GAF, you're my only hope

MicH

so I downloaded this last night after not playing for over a year...and my account is still there, but looks to be in pretty bad shape. Here are the units I have by rarity :

• Phoenix (5*)
  • Selena (5*)
  • Il & Mina (5*)
  • Behemoth (5*)
  • Sergio (4*)
  • Altro (4*)
  • Mifune (4*)
  • Kuda (4*)
  • Falma (3*)

Having a hell of a time progressing and getting destroyed in the Arena. What course of action should I be taking here, or try and see if they'll let me reset my account?

Help me GAF, you're my only hope
Most of those units are unfortunately really outdated and useless in the 7* era. Selena and Atro are great - get them levelled up first as they can become 7*. Both are great arena leaders for mono water and mini light teams respectively.
Mifune is also very good in arena if you happen to get a Magress or Kikuri.

Save up all the gems you can get your hands on and wait for a really good 7* rate up in the Summon gate.

broz0rs

New Arena ranks and rewards were released. I had to laugh at this one:

Thanatos
Rewards: Sky Orb
100% boost to Atk, Def, Rec and max HP, 50% boost to Spark damage & boosts critical damage

Most of those units are unfortunately really outdated and useless in the 7* era. Selena and Atro are great - get them levelled up first as they can become 7*. Both are great arena leaders for mono water and mini light teams respectively.
Mifune is also very good in arena if you happen to get a Magress or Kikuri.

Save up all the gems you can get your hands on and wait for a really good 7* rate up in the Summon gate.

Great thanks. Evo'd both.

Guess I wait and grind now. Still getting trucked in the Arena.

yolo rolled Quaid. I think I'm ok with this.

Then spent all my points on Jeweled keys, thinking these were the colored ghosts. I fucked up. Good thing is not I'm good with money for a while.

MicH

yolo rolled Quaid. I think I'm ok with this.

Then spent all my points on Jeweled keys, thinking these were the colored ghosts. I fucked up. Good thing is not I'm good with money for a while.
Quaid is the best arena lead as of right now. And really good to bring for questing too! Really good pull

It's a shame the only thing Quaid brings as a sub is his elemental buff. Gonna try and summon for Colt/Dion/Claire this rate up. Now time to run through Celgrad for all those free gems!

MicH

Did 5 pulls for Medina. Got four dupe 4* and another Kanon. Ugh. He seems to stalk me - I believe that was my fifth or sixth Kanon.

My gift box? Narza. Uggghh

Summoned 5 times and got Jack, Lunaris, Reeze, Logan, Ophelia, and a bonus Rosetta.

What a bunch of crap. At least apparently Lunaris has a 7* coming soon.

Summoned five times and got nothing but dupes. At least I got anima Kikuri in the gift box. I'm going to save my summon tickets for when the Edea and SBS seven stars come out cause I can't deal with more disappointment from this rate up.

Summoned with two summon tickets and 10 gems, got:
Anima Themis (dupe)
Oracle Rize (dupe)
Anima Tridon
Lord Alice

No Loch or Edea though ;_;

Either my luck is really horrible or the RNG gods are smiling on me today. Did 2 summons for Ultor or another Edea.
Got Farlon(G)(dupe) and Kira(A)!!! Instantly got him to 7 stars and evolved my Farlon and got him to 80 just to trade for points. Too many crystals and nothing to use it on. First world problems.
All I need is Feeva, Aaron and Diana. Maybe Colt and Claire too?

Looking at the new global exclusives makes me lose a lot of interest in this game.

I know how to get people to spend gems, take Rosetta, give it a 7* form, add in all of Lava's abilities + much better stats, and then give it a Maxwell/Cardes/etc. level of damage on the SBB.

No balance concerns there whatsoever! People will love it!

I truly believe this will be the single worst case of haves vs. have nots for people who have this unit since they added damage mitigators.

It's sad that the other unit is status immunity +40% HP to all + defense/atk/recovery buff + Ultor's taunt and it still seems balanced when compared to the first unit.

MicH

Really wanted Zenia so I decided to do 10 pulls or less if I got her sooner. Got absolute shit for the 10 pulls (not a single rainbow door), but my giftbox granted me an Anima Zenia. Nice! The rare summon gate has really been awful to me ever since I got Ruby on my second pull :( Still none of the other units in that batch

I had enough gems and summon tickets to get a bonus summon so I summoned.

I did end up getting both Deimos and Zenia, along with new(to me) Grandt, Andaria, and Rowgen.

MicH

So maintenance has been postponed a day, but FH is coming shortly after and the Bestie batch later in the week. I can't keep up with all these new units!

broz0rs

I pretty eager for the Bestie batch considering I caught up on maxing out all my characters and I read so much good things about them. I'll still wait for a rate up though. How are you guys liking Zenia and Deimos?

I pretty eager for the Bestie batch considering I caught up on maxing out all my characters and I read so much good things about them. I'll still wait for a rate up though. How are you guys liking Zenia and Deimos?

Zenia and Deimos are the most insanely overpowered people in the game today.

No really.

Grand Quest big boss special abilities are hitting my Guardian Deimos for 1s without a mitigator.

And Zenia puts every unit that currently exists to shame from an offensive standpoint. I wasn't kidding when I said she's Rosetta + Lava + a Trial Unit level of damage rolled into one...with better stats.

And both of these are without their Extra Skills since the spheres don't exist yet.

Frontier Hunter 16 is up, but servers are unstable or down. Got my Edea and Tridon to 7 stars at least. Haven't finished my last daily. It won't let me on.

MicH

Yeah the servers have completely shit the bed. Impossible to get on for many. Thankfully I was able to get in and use my three FH Orbs without issue. Now I can't log back in of course. We're nearing 24 hours of maintenance and connectivity issues. I feel bad for those whose daily login might be reset due to this

Last time I think they actually upped everyone all the way to max daily login when this happened because I don't think they could just skip a day.

I got on yesterday just long enough to do my dailies, use 3 FH orbs, and do the first 3 X2 raids.

I think I got really lucky.

MicH

I went a little nuts summoning for Bestie. Unfortunately, I didn't get her, but I got three Totetsu (2x Breaker, Guardian) and two Reis (both Lord). Bonus units netted me two new units: Rinon (Lord and Breaker). Also got first Loch

Deimos seems kinda crazy buff. I maxed him out and it's like he does a bunch of jobs all at the same time.

Using Deimos and his taunt against Centurion, I was pretty much soloing the battle while other people were repeatedly being one rounded and going back to camp.

Deimos and Zenia are just nuts. Moreso now that I have the Obsidion Core Amplifier and Forgebreaker.

broz0rs

I'm trying a new Arena team to replace my old mono-light team and I have Selena in my squad. I noticed her Angel idol skill is working. Isn't her skill supposed to not work in Arena?

MicH

I'm trying a new Arena team to replace my old mono-light team and I have Selena in my squad. I noticed her Angel idol skill is working. Isn't her skill supposed to not work in Arena?
No, that's partly why she's so good in arena (+ Lexida)

Kreed

Kind of wish they weren't running Frontier Hunter on top of all the new units/content they released. I just finished working on Ultor, Tridon, and Edea, and now I have to finish up Deimos, Alice, and Yuura in regards to 7 stars (thank you Exchange shop). I also managed to summon Shera after all my mitigation unit complaining in this thread, and now I don't think I have any use for her thanks to Edea and Aaron.

It definitely feels like I'm falling behind content wise, but I guess that's better than not having anything to do. Hopefully these new units will make things easier though once I get back to doing Trials/Vortex content.

Finally found enough time and phone battery to complete RC3. The only problem was when the bosses would run away with slivers of health and I would have to waste time chasing them across the map.

I knew where they were, it's just the pain of crossing the map and running from battles while my phone dies a fiery death that's the real problem.

Shouta

So what units should I look out for in the coming batches? Kind of hard to keep up with all of the power creepy. lol

HomesIice

So what units should I look out for in the coming batches? Kind of hard to keep up with all of the power creepy. lol

imo...

From Glyph's batch (pretty much all have their uses?):

Glyph himself - straight up outclasses Reis, provides crit rate/crit damage/fire and water element buffs; Fantastic leader for Raid, common in nuke teams, FG/FH farming etc

Roa - Has the much coveted bb fill on spark LS as well as HP increasing! Provides thunder and earth elements as well as spark and spark debuff. Debatable over sub unit slot (would be used primarily for his elements i guess) but definitely a fantastic leader for pretty much anything (thus you'd probs find him in your friends list if I'm to go by my list on JP)

Krantz - Fantastic mitigator that synchronises well with Rivera/Nadleeh, provides light/dark elements

Rivera - BB on Fill buff (!), 120% Def/Rec buff (!!), Nuke type UBB. Rivera's Rec buff used with Ruby UBB to nuke

Iris/Kafka - Niche-ish but useful in what they do

From Lineth's batch:

Nadleeh - A tad better than Rivera, no more need to switch between BB and SBB to get those buffs! Nadleeh > Rivera, as stated above, synchronises with Krantz if you get/have him, UBB provides 100% mitigation for 1 turn

Maharu - Great sub unit for sparks and atk buff, also provides BC/HC buff (though beginning to see less usefulness as of late), seeing use in high damage teams

Corso - Probs my favourite unit art to date <3, 40% HP LS as well as HP increase buff, HoT / DoT

Got a new phone and started messing around with this again... man its still buggy as all hell. But still love the artwork. Now if only it did not crash all the time and randomly loosing gems @,@

With the new summon thing I summoned 4 times to see what I'd get.

First summon, Signas. At this point I'm thinking oh god, I'm going to get nothing but crap. But then...

Reis
Nemethgear
Bestie
Gift: Toutetsu

O...M...F...G...

Top Bottom