• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Kreed

New patch up, we got a bunch of the missing QoL improvements.

• Activating Overdrive no longer uses up that unit's turn.
  • Can create a designated Arena squad and Friend squad.
  • Achievement Point limit raised to 50k, trading point limits also increased.
  • Dungeon Key limits raised to 50, amount of daily keys doubled, Exchange Hall prices halved. Downside - Dungeon open time dropped to 30 minutes.
    [*]Cutscene skip and replay.

Plus UBB changes to a few units and the usual mess of fixes/changes. Also hints that the Michelle/Melchio 7* batch is close.

Finally! Now maybe I'll get back to Grand Quest mode (stopped after getting Karl's item).

I am getting so tired of farming Balmedia's Tail.

Since the Tail is the same element as the main body and has 2x the HP, all it takes is one person who doesn't know or care that the tail needs killing to ruin the run.

I can solo him but it is so much slower, and way reduces the chance of getting the drop.

I think if there was a way to talk for real this might be a solvable problem but urgh I'm sick of it. I wish there was a setup option to only win after killing all body parts. Might not make sense but I don't really care.

HomesIice

Since the Tail is the same element as the main body and has 2x the HP, all it takes is one person who doesn't know or care that the tail needs killing to ruin the run.

I can solo him but it is so much slower, and way reduces the chance of getting the drop.

I think if there was a way to talk for real this might be a solvable problem but urgh I'm sick of it. I wish there was a setup option to only win after killing all body parts. Might not make sense but I don't really care.

You could make the quest and just kick all the members with a crit buffer or no Unlimited SBB unit

lordcyno

I've seen some people change their room note say tail or no crit sbb

Got to Sanctified in the Water Arena at 159-0. Glad I don't have to do that anymore...it wasn't a connection error fest like in the past but it still was not fun IMO.

broz0rs

Finished at 133-0. Funny thing is that I actually lost two matches but for some reason the app would crash before the result screen. It had the "unexpected error" message before crashing. No funny business on my side, I swear!

Back to leveling my FFRK characters, but good job by Gumi for running a very smooth event.

Kreed

I got the Buffer Jewel with 122 - 0. Selena definitely made this vortex the least stressful of all the ones Gumi's run. Coming back to the results screen and seeing Selena the only one left from time to time was so satisfying.

MicH

Against my better judgement I decided to pull three times hoping for Deimos and/or Nemeth Gear.

I got Anima Vriksha, Breaker Quaid and Lord Nemeth Gear!! Super happy - this will make imp parades even easier now that the metal gods are gone.

Also hot my Buffer Jewel from WVA. Yay!

MicH

Finally got around to finish the two new Palmyna GQs and let me just say: Fuck the Four Heroes of Palmyna one. Ughhh that one is just not fun. You're only allowed to pick two units as the four other slots are occupied by useless units. How annoying.

Also managed to FINALLY beat trial X3, though it was with the broken Vernil cheese method :p That just completely breaks the trial in a sorta hilarious way. Xie Jing died before the third Fei did :lol

FH 17 is live. Did 3 summons from the frontier gate and got Shida, Medina and Orna. All of them are anima. I just want Zenia!

Gonna try farming mid after running Terminus once. I have Kira as lead, then 2 Mifunes, one is breaker, the other anima, Shida, and Raaga. How are you supposed to fill your bb gauge? Just spheres and Shida's sbb?

FH 17 is live. Did 3 summons from the frontier gate and got Shida, Medina and Orna. All of them are anima. I just want Zenia!

Gonna try farming mid after running Terminus once. I have Kira as lead, then 2 Mifunes, one is breaker, the other anima, Shida, and Raaga. How are you supposed to fill your bb gauge? Just spheres and Shida's sbb?

Use Fujins the the first turn to fire a few SBBs. That should allow you to go into Turn 2 with full on everyone

I'm going to be trying today with Kira/2xMifune, Rinon, Quaid/Kira

Use Fujins the the first turn to fire a few SBBs. That should allow you to go into Turn 2 with full on everyone
It also seriously hurts your points potential, you are giving up a few million points on the first round.

Either Shida (more points, but way slower) or Diana (way less points but much much faster) are the two primary methods.

Although you can do it without either if you are patient enough to use Evil Shards and the like.

I tried mid-farming last time and it was beyond boring, even with Diana.

And if you had bad waves I'd get less points than Terminus anyway. The highs were much higher though.

broz0rs

That 6 Gem FH unit RS gate doesn't accept summon tickets. Boo!

Three new units (Griff, Iris, Libera) are at the standard RS gate now. No rate up on those obviously, but costs 4 gem to pull.

That 6 Gem FH unit RS gate doesn't accept summon tickets. Boo!

Three new units (Griff, Iris, Libera) are at the standard RS gate now. No rate up on those obviously, but costs 4 gem to pull.
Definitely ain't pulling then. Its bs that frontier gate doesn't accept summon tickets.

MicH

I've finally learnt my lesson. Not pulling when there's no rate up. Waiting for that sweet God Gate. Don't disappoint, Gumi!

broz0rs

Holy Crap, Zenia and Deimos along with a standard nuking team makes Terminus so easy, lol

Zenia is interesting to say the least. Her LS says "slight increase in BB gauge during spark" but whenever I use her, she helps fill up BB better than Quaid or some of the other BB gauge leaders. Probably has to do something with her 30 hit SBB?

Primus

Zenia is interesting to say the least. Her LS says "slight increase in BB gauge during spark" but whenever I use her, she helps fill up BB better than Quaid or some of the other BB gauge leaders. Probably has to do something with her 30 hit SBB?

That "slight increase" translates to 1-2 BC/Spark hit, so yeah, as long as you're Sparking it, those gauges should just keep filling right quick.

MicH

Yeah, I can usually fill up 3-4 BB gauges just with her LS alone. And then the BC drops fill the remaining gauges. She's a great leader

HomesIice

Seeing as the god gate is months away, i thought "why the hell not" as the amount of 5-7* i have was less than the fingers on one hand!

1 - Sixgear
2 - Alyut
3 - Will
4 - Raaga
5 - Kanon
Gift: Medina

<3

Might do another 5 if I can get the gems needed

HomesIice

What annoys me is that they obviously CAN implement the gate (as seen in the 3 gates we have now lmao)

Granted they're holding it off for the Global anniversary but pulling 7* units will be that much harder for the next couple months

Kreed

So how long before Gumi does a similar "VIP tier" experiment in Brave Frontier that they put into Chain Chronicles this week?

I0RCI3d.png

Note, 50 Prysma in Chain Chronicles = 5 Gems in Brave Frontier.

Goddamn Raid X2 is annoying. Finally managed to bash through Uprising on RC3 with a random group of 4. That map is so freaking huge and running away from battles takes ages. Now to move on to RC4 so I can start getting those SBS spheres.

So I got Hadaron's sphere and tried Paris GQ again. Smashed that WST-1096 boss. Had more trouble on Heretic Zoldia due to using a lot of my consummables. Finally beat him and the RNG didn't screw me over. Yay, Paris 6. Tridon with Hadaron is ridiculous. Gonna try Lugina with that squad setup in a little bit.

Oh yeah, I cleared all the raid missions and got the Sacred Crystal. Only thing left are trials and a couple of Grand Quests.

So I'd like a few thoughts on my current Raid Squad. Currently I'm running:

Tridon (lead)
Edea
Ultor
Kira
Kikuri
Zenia (friend)

I was thinking about switching out Kira for Alice since so many Raid bosses are crit resistant. Also I'm thinking about running Hadaron over Ultor. Thoughts?

edit: Raiding on PC is pretty sweet.

So I'd like a few thoughts on my current Raid Squad. Currently I'm running:

Tridon (lead)
Edea
Ultor
Kira
Kikuri
Zenia (friend)

I was thinking about switching out Kira for Alice since so many Raid bosses are crit resistant. Also I'm thinking about running Hadaron over Ultor. Thoughts?

edit: Raiding on PC is pretty sweet.
I would swap Kira for Hadaron since he also has the crit buff. His UBB is 2000% damage modifier. Medina is a good replacement for Kikuri too. Tridon's BB applies the HoT with his shield, so there isn't much reason to use Alice unless its for the attack buff from rec conversion.

The last 3 stages of RC5, I had to run an hp leader. The bosses just do too much damage and my Raaga just melts.

broz0rs

The Vortex screen plays the instrumentals of a Vocaloid track and the full song plays when you enter the Miku Vortex. I think it's interesting and cute, but I think I'll get tired of it after a few days.

Had hella good luck with the Vocaloid gate today. Pulled maybe 15 times and got

Kaito
Meiko
Colt
Toutetsu
Quaid (dupe)
Fang (dupe)
Rhoa
Len
Yuura
2x Luka

and a few others.

So apparently Meiko and Kaito are only available for the next few hours, so if you really want them you better summon now. Maybe some licensing issues or something?

Got my Anima Miku yesterday. Raising her to 6 star. Did Miku's dungeon OST change? It sounds different since the last time it came out.

Well I tried summoning when its rates up for dark units and pulled right after it switched. Got an anima Len and Lord Deimos. When I saw Len, I waited an hour then pulled. Outta gems and no dark units.

Well I tried summoning when its rates up for dark units and pulled right after it switched. Got an anima Len and Lord Deimos. When I saw Len, I waited an hour then pulled. Outta gems and no dark units.

It's not rate up for Dark Units, rather if you summon 5 times you get a free dark unit.

Top Bottom