• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Draxal

Yeah, I'm actually pimping my Alice team to deal with everything BUT Light. Mostly because the Light/Dark elemental dance can end you SO quick.

Well, the upcoming miracle totem needed for six stars is a light element that attacks every character with their weakness, so you'll need that Dark team to focus on its weakness.

Just had a 3 bat-mimic run. That was exciting. I think I'm going to continue to bring 2 healers until my guys get a little stronger.

2 Healers + Increased BB fill rate = profit.

Looks like the batmimic is what I was missing, now I can evo 3 of my guys. Just need to run metal god to get some xp first.

Draxal

Just had a 3 bat-mimic run. That was exciting. I think I'm going to continue to bring 2 healers until my guys get a little stronger.

Looks like the batmimic is what I was missing, now I can evo 3 of my guys. Just need to run metal god to get some xp first.

Yeah, I'm running two healers and while it makes things slower, it does reduce consumable use by a ton.

I'm working on a rainbow team that is going to be Aisha/Sefia/Kikuri/Gree Tree/ and Dean or Elimo.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Once they increase the chances of Light from summons, I plan to try my luck for an Aem. He's SO badass.

I used to use a different party (specifically Water) for Light, but I eventually reached the point that I got over the hump and could survive the light attacks. At that point the main difference is healing is weaker but the battle is much much faster.

As you get even stronger you get to the point where you laugh at Light mobs because you obliterate them before they even get to go.

The same applies to Light vs. Dark obviously.

i'm so jealous right now

i farmed stya lv2 like 30 times, got none.
i am farming oboro lv2, getting ass kicked, been there like 5 times. got none.

he got (right before my eyes) a stya from a lv1 run, and an oboro on a lv1 run. And i'm sure as hell he ain't hacking.

Pbae

i'm so jealous right now

i farmed stya lv2 like 30 times, got none.
i am farming oboro lv2, getting ass kicked, been there like 5 times. got none.

he got (right before my eyes) a stya from a lv1 run, and an oboro on a lv1 run. And i'm sure as hell he ain't hacking.

I feel your pain bro. I finally got a team capable of doing level two oboro and he's elusive as a fox! Hopefully he'll be my first semi-rare vortex character I catch.

Also, Oracle Alto is a sick joke T_T

That Oracle buff can't come soon enough.

Jinko

So I thought that lvl 3 dungeons were 80% drop for these heroes.

Clearer the Fire dungeon 7 times now and only 1 drop.

This game sucks.

Phades

This game sucks.

Somehow I'm inclined to believe that the RNG for the game just flat out breaks, especially since I see folks running around with near or complete teams of the new characters on the day of their arrival. After sever downtime, I also tend to have better capture rates in general, which also feeds my suspicions.

I also refuse to believe that folks spend thousands of dollars to force the odds of these things in a normal fashion

Draxal

This game sucks.

Yeah, I've done it 9 times and I've gotten 3 Gallants (2 with good types) and a lord Vargas.

Its very good experience otoh, and I've leveled a ton due to it.

I just wish good types of the starters were easier to obtain.

Phades

The RNG likes you.

I've never captured any of the starters out of those missions. Across 2 different accounts I captured a total of 3 thunder kicks, 1 nemia, 2 alma, 2 stya, 1 gallant. Only one capture came from a lv3 and that was one of the almas. lv3 on nemia and alma was easy for me. Stya just wasn't possible. Thunder kicks and gallant were hard. I haven't attempted oboro yet, since I had cash flow issues to resolve first.

I wasn't able to get Zeln, since I was way too weak to handle him, so now I'm coming back with a vengeance for everything else.

Current team:

Fire God Lava (Lord)
Goth Kikuri (Guardian)
World Tree Alenusnljfdasnlfneoi (Breaker)
Fire Knight Agni (Anima)
Thunder King Eze (Anima)

Types aren't ideal, I know, but it gets the job done. I actually kind of like Kikuri and the tree with their types, though, since it really makes up for their innate flaws. I have a weaker Guardian tree, though, so I'll probably work on that.

I have Aisha and Rickel, too, but they're chump level right now, so it'll be a while before they come in.

Phades

You will probably end up trading out Eze and Agni for Aisha and Rickel.

It seems like the newer units are almost always universally better than what came before them.

Giard

Just started playing this. Got a Pixy Royal Leore from the summoning gate, I hope it's not too shabby.

Game is kinda laggy on my 3GS though :(

Draxal

Power creep, not creeping at all.

The creep stops now though. Only thing stronger than Kikuri and Sefia in the japanese game are the sixth teir Alice types.

The only really strong gatcha character is the lightning healer coming up.

Rickel's kinda garbage, offensive stats with a single target BB, Dean is much much better.

Yeah, I'm not sure about Rickel. Aisha, for sure, has a spot on my team, but I think Eze does too, if for no other reason than for him to fuck up any water enemies, who would otherwise curb stomp the rest of my team. Fire and Lightning pair together well that way, I think.

Draxal

Do you guys actually run mono teams? I see almost all mono boost leads, but I don't think I could field any mono colored team, since one weak link can do you in.

Just curious.

I've got bad news : the power creep never stops

I'm running mono water because of the fire event. And as for creep, just saying there was a huge huge creep to the Sefia/Kikuri tier ... then they reversed course and all the upcoming units are just not as strong as Sefia/Kikuri until Alice and those get their evos. And yeah I'd keep Eze over Rickel.

I could see that for normal mobs, but not for bosses at all.

I don't know what to tell you if you don't believe me.

Even in Frontier Hunter End the only Light mob which challenges my Dark party even slightly is Sefia in End Wave 5.

The various Almas, Wills, Lunas, Pegasus, Aems, etc I just destroy. Sure they might get an attack or two off on me, but they die in 2 rounds tops. The only one that takes more than 4 rounds is Rameldria, and they hit like a weenie at the stage I'm at. Even then they dies in 4 rounds. And Sefia is a special case in that she's designed to be ridiculously hard.

I'm far more threatened by the various lightning mobs who like to pick off Elimo than I am any of the other light enemies.

Jinko

I'm running mono water because of the fire event. And as for creep, just saying there was a huge huge creep to the Sefia/Kikuri tier ... then they reversed course and all the upcoming units are just not as strong as Sefia/Kikuri until Alice and those get their evos. And yeah I'd keep Eze over Rickel.

I would say the 50% to rainbow teams are pretty powerful considering, its not always about raw stats.

Draxal

I would say the 50% to rainbow teams are pretty powerful considering, its not always about raw stats.

I think Aisha/Aem's leader ability is much stronger than 50% to attack for that exact reason, now 50% attack and bb boost at the same time THATS CREEPING.

Phades

I don't know what to tell you if you don't believe me.

Even in Frontier Hunter End the only Light mob which challenges my Dark party even slightly is Sefia in End Wave 5.

The various Almas, Wills, Lunas, Pegasus, Aems, etc I just destroy. Sure they might get an attack or two off on me, but they die in 2 rounds tops. The only one that takes more than 4 rounds is Rameldria, and they hit like a weenie at the stage I'm at. Even then they dies in 4 rounds. And Sefia is a special case in that she's designed to be ridiculously hard.

I'm far more threatened by the various lightning mobs who like to pick off Elimo than I am any of the other light enemies.

So, in essence, you 1 round kill maxwell given the DPS you are claiming. Luna and pegasis are wave 2 mid and can go down 1-2 rounds even without dark damage boost and arguably would fall more in line with "regular mobs". I do alma and maxwell in 6 rounds typically. Even assuming a 50% bump to damage output, that would cut a comparable team (stat wise) down to 4 rounds, so no I'm not really seeing it even with 6 dark units and no healers. Alma would be 5 rounds (trips on 4 usually), but the defense boost forces a 6th for me. Oboro goes down a bit easier in that duo.

Haven't seen Aem or Rameldria in on frontier yet, so not sure about them, but even with the player version of Rameldria, he has a lot of HP.

Draxal

So, in essence, you 1 round kill maxwell given the DPS you are claiming. Luna and pegasis are wave 2 mid and can go down 1-2 rounds even without dark damage boost and arguably would fall more in line with "regular mobs". I do alma and maxwell in 6 rounds typically. Even assuming a 50% bump to damage output, that would cut a comparable team (stat wise) down to 4 rounds, so no I'm not really seeing it even with 6 dark units and no healers. Alma would be 5 rounds (trips on 4 usually), but the defense boost forces a 6th for me. Oboro goes down a bit easier in that duo.

Haven't seen Aem or Rameldria in on frontier yet, so not sure about them, but even with the player version of Rameldria, he has a lot of HP.

He posted his FH team earlier, 3+1 Kik, 1 Elimo 1 Tree. It would be a 100% (they stack even if they say they don't) with the bonus of seals and ores (not in FH). The aoe cursing of Kik and all the sparks she does is kinda stupid.

edit.

Watching Japanese videos of the goddess level 4 events is funny, all the six star units take up the entire side of that screen.

Phades

He posted his FH team earlier, 3+1 Kik, 1 Elimo 1 Tree. It would be a 100% (they stack even if they say they don't) with the bonus of seals and ores (not in FH). The aoe cursing of Kik and all the sparks she does is kinda stupid.

edit.

Watching Japanese videos of the goddess level 4 events is funny, all the six star units take up the entire side of that screen.

The estimated 50% bump was from elemental bias, not the character bonus. You can get 100% from any element combination. Another 20~50% on the attack power via orbs. Unless he is rocking an ignores defense trait orb, I'm just not seeing it for actual boss characters as that would imply between a 300-600% increase over any other element or setup.

Phades

So Dweller level 3? Fuck that noise. How on earth are you supposed to make it through that fight without dying?

Is the damage output or the AOE curse your main issue?

If you have a friend with II&mina, the curse becomes irrellevant. For AOE damage, well defense buffs and lots of healing really. Might still lose a character or two, but shouldn't be a full party wipe. If it wasn't for the curse, he would be easier than Alma although he dies faster.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is the damage output or the AOE curse your main issue?

If you have a friend with II&mina, the curse becomes irrellevant. For AOE damage, well defense buffs and lots of healing really. Might still lose a character or two, but shouldn't be a full party wipe. If it wasn't for the curse, he would be easier than Alma although he dies faster.

I'm not actually sure. He was just punishing me with damage. I could bring my green team and pair with the twins... That may help. Could try two heals I guess?

Draxal

First Fire totem run done, my team that was farming Gallant 3 slaughtered it, no appeance of light or dark totem so didn't have to use any consumables at all.

I'm not actually sure. He was just punishing me with damage. I could bring my green team and pair with the twins... That may help. Could try two heals I guess?
I'm finding that two heals helps a lot for some content for me. More importantly, though, your healer should preferably be durable. I used to get smoked when I was running Maria, but since I switched to the tree, I've been doing a lot better. Putting in more durable offense units helps, too. I really think Guardian and Oracle are underrated (and Anima way overrated).

Jinko

I'm finding that two heals helps a lot for some content for me. More importantly, though, your healer should preferably be durable. I used to get smoked when I was running Maria, but since I switched to the tree, I've been doing a lot better. Putting in more durable offense units helps, too. I really think Guardian and Oracle are underrated (and Anima way overrated).

I wish there was some theory-crafting as to what def actually does, I think its probably why everyone prefers Anima because HP is easier to see.

Oracle is pretty useless though, after the buff it will be decent though.

Phades

If you bring II&mina, then you free up an item slot for more healing items. Like 10 cure, 3 divine light, stone, ore, revive (for example). If he is just outright killing your people in a single round, then you probably just need more levels to get the raw attributes out of the single round ko range. If he can't tap out a character, or multiple characters in a round and you get a chance to heal, typically the fight is do-able unless you are talking about status afflictions making the swing to a loss, which is why i suggested II&mina.

I wish there was some theory-crafting as to what def actually does, I think its probably why everyone prefers Anima because HP is easier to see.

I don't know how defense is calculated, but I can definitely feel that it makes a big difference. My Guardian Kikuri, with 3600-ish HP and 1300-ish defense can take quite a bit more of a beating than my Anima Agni, with 4700-ish HP and 900 or so defense.

Honestly, I find that REC plays a huge role, too, which is why I think Anima isn't great. Again, no one knows that calculation, but if you compare the amount of healing you get from one heart crystal between a character with 1200 REC (300 HP recovery) and 700 REC (100 HP recovery) and then multiply that by the amount of heart crystals you get, you can see that it makes a huge difference that could easily close the HP advantage gap you get from Anima. This also affects healing from healers and items, too, where the difference can get significant.

Right, but that's where REC comes into play.

I don't know what you mean.

The difference between 1200 and 1120 recovery is like 20 hit points per heart crystal.

It's something, but really not big enough to make Anima bad.

And where Anima helps is that heart crystals don't do anything when you are dead.

This is all at the core of why Oracle is so bad right now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I also think defense is more important than people give it credit for. I can get behind the notion that attack power is important, but I'm not so sure at what point defense is better/worse than HP.

Draxal

I don't know what you mean.

The difference between 1200 and 1120 recovery is like 20 hit points per heart crystal.

It's something, but really not big enough to make Anima bad.

And where Anima helps is that heart crystals don't do anything when you are dead.

This is all at the core of why Oracle is so bad right now.

Oracle is bad because the ratio of HP to Rec is so off right now.

Max Goth Idol Kik HP and Rec
Anima: 5,834 1,385
Oracle: 5,040 1,770

I also think defense is more important than people give it credit for. I can get behind the notion that attack power is important, but I'm not so sure at what point defense is better/worse than HP.

Well for attack power it scales with all the buffs better than defensively, but I'd much rather have an anima type over the rest right now.

Jinko

Oracle is bad because the ratio of HP to Rec is so off right now.

Max Goth Idol Kik HP and Rec
Anima: 5,834 1,385
Oracle: 5,040 1,770

Interestingly I have someone on my friends list with a maxed Kik anima and medula gem and his HP is 7059 -.-

Oh, so on the (old) subject of Eze, is he a good lightning unit to keep around? I think I have Falna, too, but are there any lightning units much better than Eze right now?

Draxal

Oh, so on the (old) subject of Eze, is he a good lightning unit to keep around? I think I have Falna, too, but are there any lightning units much better than Eze right now?

Yes, especially since he's gets a sixth star later.

Right now I say its.

Loch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Behemoth >>>>> Amy>>>Eze>>> Emilia.

Top Bottom