• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

You can possibly try bringing up a pair of healers (May/Merith/Claris). Mays would be ideal if you are having issues with Undine.

Cool, I have a May I can use, I will team her up with my Elimo and see how that goes. Otherwise, I'll level up a second May.

Grinding for idols sucks. sucks sucks sucks.

I've had fun to this point, but I reached this plateau of how good my team is going to be for awhile barring saving up more gems and hoping for the best.

Without dropping cash it's such a crap shoot. I'm to the point of needing totems now.. and I heard grinding them is an even bigger pain.

Yup... This is where I'm at. Progression just grinded to a halt. I'm sorry but the idol grinding situation is a huge oversight in this game. Even if I somehow scrape by and finish a quest for them, they don't even have the decency to make it a guaranteed drop. In games like P&D at least, I didn't mind throwing the devs some coin because I knew I could level the pulls I got up to a decent level with farmable materials. In this game I'm just sitting on a bunch of units maxed level and I can't do a damn thing about it. It's very discouraging.

Draxal

How do i get this game to stop asking me to post to facebook?

Also, what's the most efficient way to level up my units?

No pengdras or anything of that nature in this game. Only metal parade runs and grinding them efficiently is the only way to level them up fast. If you want to level up their bb skills, I'd follow the guide in the op.

MicH

I just got my first Metal key and wow, the metal kings give A LOT of exp! My main concern is money right now, haha.

I got two of the Mimick suitcases. They're just evo material, right?

I pulled the blue healer guy (Elimo?) and he has been helping me out a lot with his BB skill

I just got my first Metal key and wow, the metal kings give A LOT of exp! My main concern is money right now, haha.

If you are low level, you can run the metal level about 7 times in a row (leveling each time). It's really the only way to efficiently level monsters right now, so try to use the kings and gods on your long term guys (Elimo is a good one).

Best place for money is the weekend dungeon (like PAD...) and the jeweled dungeon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How do i get this game to stop asking me to post to facebook?

Also, what's the most efficient way to level up my units?

I couldn't get it to stop. I had to accept the posting on facebook and then turn it off on facebook itself. It was really annoying and I almost quit because I thought it was pretty cheap and lame.

I couldn't get it to stop. I had to accept the posting on facebook and then turn it off on facebook itself. It was really annoying and I almost quit because I thought it was pretty cheap and lame.

I figured out that if i press cancel instead of not now, it will actually cancel. I just wish there was a way to make it stop.

On an unrelated note, is the metal king dungeon doable at low level? And what are jewel kings for?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I figured out that if i press cancel instead of not now, it will actually cancel. I just wish there was a way to make it stop.

On an unrelated note, is the metal king dungeon doable at low level? And what are jewel kings for?

Jewel kings are for money. Metal dungeon is probably doable at low level - I bring a team of level 1s (because of high hit count) and never come close to dying.

Phades

Poor Douglas, the guy in that line no one ever uses willingly.
If I had him, I'd use him, but probably not in the arena. His attributes are decent and against a single target, his BB just creates spark spam without really thinking about it.

Yup... This is where I'm at. Progression just grinded to a halt. I'm sorry but the idol grinding situation is a huge oversight in this game. Even if I somehow scrape by and finish a quest for them, they don't even have the decency to make it a guaranteed drop. In games like P&D at least, I didn't mind throwing the devs some coin because I knew I could level the pulls I got up to a decent level with farmable materials. In this game I'm just sitting on a bunch of units maxed level and I can't do a damn thing about it. It's very discouraging.
Really have to just trudge through the tuesday and thursday special dungeons for those materials. Trying to get the drops on St lamia map set is a pain. On tuesday, it is random, but at least you get something on the 5th round at a minimum.

MicH

I stopped the Facebook shit so many times that it eventually said it wouldn't ask anymore. So I am finally free of that, lol.

I just need one more gem and I can do another pull. My two first pulls were Professor Lorand and Elimo, both which I am very happy with. Lorand looks badass and Elimo is is really helpful with his haling BB. I also pulled some dark chick (edit: Kikuri), but I haven't used her yet.

Draxal

I stopped the Facebook shit so many times that it eventually said it wouldn't ask anymore. So I am finally free of that, lol.

I just need one more gem and I can do another pull. My two first pulls were Professor Lorand and Elimo, both which I am very happy with. Lorand looks badass and Elimo is is really helpful with his haling BB. I also pulled some dark chick (edit: Kikuri), but I haven't used her yet.

Kikuri is the best unit in the game currently however JP brave frontier has power creeped s bit since that.

Draxal

Wow, really? Guess I should start leveling her up then :eek: Pretty happy about my pulls so far!

Yeah,the two best units are Kikuri and Sefia. While Sefia is a better arena character; Kikuri is a better pve char as she is less glass cannony, easier to level and curses work on more bosses than paralyze.

Lorand while decent is no where as good as Kikuri or Elimo.

Apparently, the new units they released today in Japan today suffered from a good amount of power creep.

MicH

Yeah,the two best units are Kikuri and Sefia. While Sefia is a better arena character; Kikuri is a better pve char as she is less glass cannony, easier to level and curses work on more bosses than paralyze.

Lorand while decent is no where as good as Kikuri or Elimo.

Apparently, the new units they released today in Japan today suffered from a good amount of power creep.
Thanks for the advice, I had completely neglected Kikuri until now. I also just did my fourth pull and got the three star Phoenix. Eh. I have no idea if this is useful or not, but I was hoping for something four or five starred.

Pbae

I saved up 15 gems and GF pulls Rare Summon three times T_T

-Zegar
-Graven
-Mifune

I feel thoroughly defeated. At least I was able to catch a Magress in Oboro dungeon. Still no Oboro though =[

Phades

Oboro hits like a damn truck. >=|

How they made the Aoe happen every 2nd round at a minimum is rough for all of them. His, with the curse being applied is the kick in the groin if you don't have II&mina leader skill. It was the same issue I had with the vampire on St. Lamia. After I had a friend with II&mina, I basically strolled through the rest of it easily. The blocking of BB use is annoying, but what's worse is the negating of the crystal accumulation while cursed throwing rotations out of whack entirely. Although, that probably means a lot less to units with maxed out BB levels.

I'd probably have cleared the lv3 version myself, except friends with II&mina never pop when I want to try, so it lands it in the realm of not quite possible for me at the moment. The wiki page basically outlines the attack patterns and general strategy for the fight.

-Zegar
-Graven
-Mifune

I feel thoroughly defeated. At least I was able to catch a Magress in Oboro dungeon. Still no Oboro though =[
Gah, I'd want a refund after that.

Pbae

How they made the Aoe happen every 2nd round at a minimum is rough for all of them. His, with the curse being applied is the kick in the groin if you don't have II&mina leader skill. It was the same issue I had with the vampire on St. Lamia. After I had a friend with II&mina, I basically strolled through the rest of it easily. The blocking of BB use is annoying, but what's worse is the negating of the crystal accumulation while cursed throwing rotations out of whack entirely. Although, that probably means a lot less to units with maxed out BB levels.

I'd probably have cleared the lv3 version myself, except friends with II&mina never pop when I want to try, so it lands it in the realm of not quite possible for me at the moment. The wiki page basically outlines the attack patterns and general strategy for the fight.

Holy water is the only way I can survive the encounters.

Draxal

-Zegar
-Graven
-Mifune

Every time somebody has complained about crappy draws in this game, it's after pulling something good, so I just kinda roll my eyes. This is a legitimately really bad 3 pulls.

Pbae

Gah, I'd want a refund after that.

Haha, it's alright. Can't blame her since she doesn't know that gems are hard to come by and that you need to pay real money in this game. Plus, the Mifune I can use in my Mono Black squad.

-Scythe God Alice
-Samurai Mifune
-Magress
-Oboros (When or if I get one)
-Maria or Mimir

Not bad for a no IAP player :D

-Zegar
-Graven
-Mifune

If it makes you feel any better, my first three pulls (after my initial Lava) were:

-Thunderbird
-Thunderbird
-Firedrake

I have better stuff now, but man was that discouraging.

Pbae

If it makes you feel any better, my first three pulls (after my initial Lava) were:

-Thunderbird
-Thunderbird
-Firedrake

I have better stuff now, but man was that discouraging.

You and me friend. We're part of the terrible RNG pull club. I hope those gems weren't bought because I would be in a terrible slump.

Also, is the ten pulls one super rare a constant thing with new releases because I was saving up for the next one (or the next next one) since I don't think this game has like a godfest.

You and me friend. We're part of the terrible RNG pull club. I hope those gems weren't bought because I would be in a terrible slump.

Also, is the ten pulls one super rare a constant thing with new releases because I was saving up for the next one (or the next next one) since I don't think this game has like a godfest.
Those were free gems. Even then, it was shitty, though, because it was right when I was starting the game, and I was really hoping for something good, since I was still using, like, Thief Leon and junk like that.

Phades

So what do you get from todays Karma dungeon? Is it just karma/honor whatever it's called?
Only karma is the reason to go there. You get more karma for the energy spent than elsewhere. Unless you are really hard up for something right now and need a ton of karma, I really don't see the point in its current format.

are there ever events that give out fusion mat?

Tuesday is the event for nymphs (lv1), spirits (lv2), and idols (lv3). Wednesday is for mimics (only run the level 2 event, since you can/will get both the 1st and 2nd teir mimics). Thursday is for idols and you can target the type you want (excluding light/dark).

The Wednesday event doesn't seem very needed either, since if you are running quests enough, you will get a mimic here and there commonly enough. The element specific ones are just annoying really.

lordcyno

Ran lvl 3 8 times with increased drop rates and didn't get a single Oboro.

The 1/2 stamina on St Lamia palace was really nice on friday night. Got up to 58 stamina running it constantly while farming for blood pelts with the extra stamina. Unfortunately I haven't seen it since on that level.

Tomorrow is for Nympths, Spirits, and Idols

Thursday is for Totems

and there's another one for Mimics but I don't remember what day that is.

i mean i know weekly dungeons, but lvl3 is pretty rough stuff without an already good party.

do they ever give them out during events?

Pbae

i mean i know weekly dungeons, but lvl3 is pretty rough stuff without an already good party.

do they ever give them out during events?

Oh, gotcha. Um, not that I know of. The Idols aren't too difficult but beware the totem dungeons especially if you happen into a dark or light totem as well.

Are metal dragons the only way to really level? Only being able to do it once a day kinda sucks. Fusing regular enemies is expensive as hell and gives trash for exp

Dreavus

Oboro hits like a damn truck. >=|

He really does!

I had no problems with the Blacksmith lvl 2 dungeon, but Oboro burns through my healing so fast.

I've been trying to level up my guys the past few days to hopefully give it a few more tries before the dungeon is gone later this week.

Are metal dragons the only way to really level? Only being able to do it once a day kinda sucks. Fusing regular enemies is expensive as hell and gives trash for exp

yes. yes. and yes.

There are colored metals that will help, but yeah. It's pretty terrible. Best thing I've found is to feed trash to one mob and then feed that (preferable same color). It's slightly more tolerable.

The 1/2 energy event got me excited for the new island actually working....

I should have known better

If the area is crashing for you you have a corrupted install. Uninstall/Reinstall and it will probably fix itself.

Their updater is a complete failure. Every single patch I have to go through the uninstall/reinstall routine, otherwise I get weird text, pictures that are messed up, crashes, etc.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

The metal guys are pretty much the only worthwhile way to gain levels.. but I'll burn mimics once in awhile as I end up with so many of them and they take up space.

..but yup.. that's it.

Phades

If the area is crashing for you you have a corrupted install. Uninstall/Reinstall and it will probably fix itself.

Their updater is a complete failure. Every single patch I have to go through the uninstall/reinstall routine, otherwise I get weird text, pictures that are messed up, crashes, etc.

The error I get refers to links that it can't find via the web, similar to when the imperial capital didn't work. But, i guess i'll give it a go...

The metal guys are pretty much the only worthwhile way to gain levels.. but I'll burn mimics once in awhile as I end up with so many of them and they take up space.

..but yup.. that's it.
I've done the same with idols, since the game refuses to give me fire idols and only water ones instead.

1) Is it worth it to level up regular guys with no leader skill, or do they usually end up not being very good?

2) I notice some treasure chests shake ever so slightly, does that mean there's a mimic inside?

3) Does levelling up a BB make it stronger, or does it make the gauge fill faster?

4) Can a boss monster ever drop?

5) Is it possible to get any 3 star enemies from direct drops, or are they from evolution / rare summoning machine only?

Phades

1) Is it worth it to level up regular guys with no leader skill, or do they usually end up not being very good?
For the most part, the more rare a character is, the better the growth/evolution over time. Common captures typically aren't really worth the time investment. However, until you get a more rare version of a unit that does what you need it to do, you have to make the best with what you got in the meantime.

2) I notice some treasure chests shake ever so slightly, does that mean there's a mimic inside?
Yes.

3) Does levelling up a BB make it stronger, or does it make the gauge fill faster?
Damaging BB does get stronger. There is some speculation going on as to how much, with a fully leveled up BB being around 3x strength of a normal version.

They also seem to fill up faster as well, but it is hard to say how much since we don't even get percentage markers on the bars and the crystal distribution is random. Although the "real" way to test it would be to have 2 identical units at different BB levels with Aem or other similar characters in the lead position and just guard untill the BB is maxed out and count the rounds.

4) Can a boss monster ever drop?
It depends on which bosses you are referencing. Very early on many of the "bosses" can drop, but they also become "normal" enemies later on. Some of the earlier bosses (mifune, zephu, zegar, etc) aren't capturable until later in the game and not while they are bosses. Some of the mid game bosses (starter heros), can be caught during the weekly character event vortex missions.
I have yet to catch one though, but others claim to have done so

5) Is it possible to get any 3 star enemies from direct drops, or are they from evolution / rare summoning machine only?
Pretty much. I'm not aware of any instances of Lava, Douglas, Emilia, etc being capturable anywhere. Also, it is possible to get upgraded versions of stuff that you can pull out of the honor pulls in a 3 star or higher variety with gems (zephu, mifune, and zegar are all common examples of this).

Some monsters can drop multiple versions of themselves.

For example:
Oboro Lv. 2 dropped the 3-star Assassin Oboro for me.
Oboro Lv. 3 dropped 2-star Ninja Oboro.

I was lucky to get both of them within two runs because that dungeon sucks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Some monsters can drop multiple versions of themselves.

For example:
Oboro Lv. 2 dropped the 3-star Assassin Oboro for me.
Oboro Lv. 3 dropped 2-star Ninja Oboro.

I was lucky to get both of them within two runs because that dungeon sucks.

Yeah, still no luck for me. I've been running it non-stop, too.

There is also a really special case boss drop of a 4* dark unit, which is Disciple Zebra.

Of course he's very low drop rate, and is the end boss out of all current content, but he's there.

I hear there are more of this type of drop in the future, but for now that's all.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah, still no luck for me. I've been running it non-stop, too.

Got him my first time through Lv 3. Sucks he's Oracle.. but I'm not doing it again. I wasted a fucking gem since he wiped me with like 1/4 health. I just said screw it, tossed the gem and beat him. Kinda felt dirty, but I felt lucky to even get him down that far to be honest and it was just gonna be a waste of energy. When he dropped, I was like.. alright done.

I'm waiting for my exp to get to the sweet spot again so I can run the Metal 6 times instead of 3 during the hour.

Phades

Is he even worth it? His stats aren't all that great, and whenever I come up against him in Arena, I blow him away because of his low HP and DEF.

EDIT: Actually, all the Vortex guys so far have been lackluster.

It depends. I mean would you run him, or mifune? Leon, or the blacksmith? It is something that folks will use as a stepping stone to get progression in the game, earn more gems, and then hopefully get a better character overall. I mean, they are all kinda glass cannons, except their gun isn't that big, but the 2ndary effect they carry can be worth it (target depending). Alma being the weird duck compared to the rest since she doesn't throw out a status effect and what makes her "unique" is limited to the leader skill. But, if you wanted a light based team and were short 1-2 slots, she could fill it much like the others.

Personally, I was grabbing most of them just for the filling out of the unit roster in the help menu myself. Although Nemia is more "required" to try and build an earth team for me, since I haven't pulled douglas, the tree, or anything real signifigant after my initial hero selection.

It depends. I mean would you run him, or mifune? Leon, or the blacksmith? It is something that folks will use as a stepping stone to get progression in the game, earn more gems, and then hopefully get a better character overall. I mean, they are all kinda glass cannons, except their gun isn't that big, but the 2ndary effect they carry can be worth it (target depending). Alma being the weird duck compared to the rest since she doesn't throw out a status effect and what makes her "unique" is limited to the leader skill. But, if you wanted a light based team and were short 1-2 slots, she could fill it much like the others.

Personally, I was grabbing most of them just for the filling out of the unit roster in the help menu myself. Although Nemia is more "required" to try and build an earth team for me, since I haven't pulled douglas, the tree, or anything real signifigant after my initial hero selection.
The thing is (and I think this is a problem with the game in general) that the dungeons for these captures are so hard that, in order to get them, you already need to have a strong team; Oboro's dungeon, especially, is harder than the rest. It's the same problem with totems. You need them to make your team stronger, but you also need a strong team to get them in the first place. It's not like, say, Hera in PAD, where she's a milestone victory--tough but beatable.

But yes, I "gotta catch 'em all," too.

Top Bottom