• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

I just had Nemia drop in my very first run in the level 1 special dungeon. Is she rare? And is she good? I need a good Earth type monster :p

She is better than the bandit for BB, but she is made of glass by comparison (600 more hp, but 300 less defense basically). Hawkeye is roughly parrallel with her, but does AOE damage and no status effects. She is also roughly parrallel with liddith (again slightly more HP, but less defense). Units like Leore and Douglas have better attribute lines as a whole.

She is rare in the sense that you can't really get her outside of the weekly dungeon, but she is among the easier ones to beat at lv3.

Yeah, once you heat the final boss you can unlock a new area.
Is there only that first stage in the new area? I was under the impression that it was a full map with 2 other maps in sequence...

I mean, I didn't get errors after I redownloaded the game, but this just feels weird.

Used a metal key earlier, and upon finishing it kicks me out of the game with an error that the server is busy. Now i can't get back on. When i get back in, is my key going to be gone with no rewards?

Phades

Looks like they are done ranking people, but when trying to claim a prize there is "no ranking data". Yet when I go and look at my ranking it shows me in the 9,900s. Weird because I was over 10k at the end of the event before. Hard to believe that about a thousand people were banned for whatever reason.

Ehrm, just tried to check again and says the server is busy and terminated the program. ><;

Used a metal key earlier, and upon finishing it kicks me out of the game with an error that the server is busy. Now i can't get back on. When i get back in, is my key going to be gone with no rewards?
Unless they do some kind of game state rollback (which can place you in a dungeon if you were already in it) you might be able to get one run in, but I have my doubts that they will restart the timer on the dungeon access.

Lockon

Yep here we go again with the "Server is busy at the moment".

I was doing metal parade too and still have 2-3 runs left...bummer. hope they fix it fast...

Looks like they are done ranking people, but when trying to claim a prize there is "no ranking data". Yet when I go and look at my ranking it shows me in the 9,900s. Weird because I was over 10k at the end of the event before. Hard to believe that about a thousand people were banned for whatever reason.

Ehrm, just tried to check again and says the server is busy and terminated the program. ><;

Unless they do some kind of game state rollback (which can place you in a dungeon if you were already in it) you might be able to get one run in, but I have my doubts that they will restart the timer on the dungeon access.

Gah im going to be so pissed if my key is wasted and i dont get my rewards

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yep here we go again with the "Server is busy at the moment".

I was doing metal parade too and still have 2-3 runs left...bummer. hope they fix it fast...

Same, had just hit full health for my 2nd run through the parade... I time these things for maximum runs.. and was in my first of the 2nd run through. Was fighting a God too... so lame.

I see the Facebook post AFTER.. why can't they launch these warnings in-game instead.

Shouta

The power creep does that. BF and PAD started out very similar. I expect BF to run the same course eventually. You can only do so much with a limited number of materials before having to introduce newer ones.

True but it's fairly easy to understand in BF because most units are human and the evolution mats aren't, lol. Also, you aren't limited in space like PAD is. So frustrating that PAD is like 20-30 storage, makes collecting those mats and units hard.

Now if the idols and totem dropped a little more. >=O

Edit: Though I just got a water one I've been itching for, lol

Shouta

I did Metal parade last night and got a White God, lol. It was pretty wild honestly.

Also, I just got TWO Water Idols on the same run. The hell? I was looking for these for like a week or two.

Draxal

Just did a totem run, where a dark totem wrecked the majority of my fire team on the third fight. Ended up duoing the green totem with my Aisha and Chrono's lava with the Totem dieing with Lava dead and Aisha with 5 hp left an no potions left. Was actually really fun.

True but it's fairly easy to understand in BF because most units are human and the evolution mats aren't, lol. Also, you aren't limited in space like PAD is. So frustrating that PAD is like 20-30 storage, makes collecting those mats and units hard.

You're supposed to spend stones to increase your box size. I'm at 60 here and it's a struggle. In PAD I have 320 and I still run out of space.

There is no change between the two in this regard.

Shouta

You're supposed to spend stones to increase your box size. I'm at 60 here and it's a struggle. In PAD I have 320 and I still run out of space.

Never! >=o

I use the free stones on units! 50 is enough wiggle room for me to keep mats and still do what I want in BR. That's what's making it fun (aside from system differences). That in turn makes me want to spend some on it, lol.

Phades

I'm at 60 units as well, but unless I am trying to save materials to evolve multiple units of different element types, I don't hit that wall at all. Although, what I can't do anymore is save metal (now colored) type captures for after I evolve to jump start the leveling process to getting the unit back into a functional stat range.

My item inventory on the other hand... I think I am pretty much boned there since orbs take up item space and the 3rd world drops new stuff taking up more space.

I think I'm at 110 slots. It's more worth it to expand those than gamble on rare summons, in my opinion.

Also, what a difference a Jewel Key can make: I got to run it 7 times last night, and now I'm back over 600k coins.

Is that 2 or 3 god captures?
Just one, actually. I think the rest were about half-half kings and regulars.

600000 coins ÷ 7 runs = 85714.29 coins/run
÷ 5 captures/run = 17142.86 coins/capture

That's not too bad, when you consider a regular Jewel Ghost is already worth 5000 apiece.

EDIT: The dungeon itself gives you around 6000 coins per run, too, I think.

lordcyno

My item inventory on the other hand... I think I am pretty much boned there since orbs take up item space and the 3rd world drops new stuff taking up more space.

Have the same problem with item space right now. I ended up expanding it since I was tired of deleting stacks of items every couple of days.

I'm really starting to hate the level progression mechanic in this game. At least in PAD when Metal Dragons were up you could refill stamina and do it multiple times. I hate that it's time-locked with no way to accelerate the pace.

I'm really starting to hate the level progression mechanic in this game. At least in PAD when Metal Dragons were up you could refill stamina and do it multiple times. I hate that it's time-locked with no way to accelerate the pace.

what?

You can refill stamina during the hour as much as you want.

Shouta

In this you can use a key right before you level. Do the dungeons enough times so that you level up on your last bit of stamina then do another one. You can also stay in the dungeon screen until you get enough stamina again, even after the timer runs out. That can net you something like 7 runs per key.

I actually really like the key mechanic for it because it allows me to progress when it's convenient for me.

In this you can use a key right before you level. Do the dungeons enough times so that you level up on your last bit of stamina then do another one. You can also stay in the dungeon screen until you get enough stamina again, even after the timer runs out. That can net you something like 7 runs per key.

I actually really like the key mechanic for it because it allows me to progress when it's convenient for me.
I actually hate that feature/bug. It locks me out from actually playing the game (or using my phone in general, since this game can't handle standby mode well at all) for two and a half hours. Seems like bad design to me.

But hell yes, do I take advantage of it when I can.

Phades

EDIT: The dungeon itself gives you around 6000 coins per run, too, I think.
The more kings/gods you get in the run, the more raw cash payout you get as well. Although, the king/king combo is probably beat by the king +3 regular spawn, but nothing would top the god/king spawn combo in a single wave.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it weird that the +zel items/abilities have no impact on the zel output of those dungeons?

Kreed

Not understanding this complaint. You can refill stamina in this game using gems or by leveling just like in PAD, but unlike PAD you can use metal keys when you like vs being force to play the game whenever Gungho decides to give you the Metal Dragons dungeon. Which means you can activate the dungeon right when you are going to level/when you are about to level and you can do this with full stamina.

I kind of understand the accelerated pace part since the abilities in this game can't kill monsters in one attack like say poison against metal dragons in PAD and the most you can do is use characters with high combos, but the dungeon doesn't take that long anyway.

You must have missed when it was just like P&D and it was more rare and because there were so many people trying to run it during those times you'd get all kinds of server errors and crashes.

This way is preferable.

It would be nice if Gumi could make a hojillion dollars like GungHo did so they can invest in servers.

At this point, I don't think the daily login bonus will ever pass 2 bars before being reset again.

Phades

I had 3 bars this morning. I guess this is a pretty frequent thing though?

Quite frequent actually. I was shocked I actually got to 4 bars this morning on my primary game (metal king get! yay). My secondary one has yet to get past 2.

On a sidenote though, they opened up the frontier hunter to collect the rewards from the prior event. After everything is all said and done, I still manged to land at +3 hunter rank.

Feels weird though considering I was nearly 1,000 positions out from getting it when my kid started crying on the last day and I couldn't use up my 3 orbs. Hell, I had to put the game down and didn't finish the run I was currently in at the time.

Shouta

I actually hate that feature/bug. It locks me out from actually playing the game (or using my phone in general, since this game can't handle standby mode well at all) for two and a half hours. Seems like bad design to me.

But hell yes, do I take advantage of it when I can.

Huh? I can stand-by on it OK myself. But I do have a newer phone.

Phades

My phone can do the standby usually, but the program can crash (only happened a couple of times). The tablet i have won't do standby with it at all.

edit: Anyone have any idea how to prioritize which friends pop up on the support listing? I tried using favorite on a couple, but that doesn't seem to do anything other than put them at the top when they pop up.

I have a Nexus 5, so it's by means a slouch of a phone. The thing is that, if the game enters standby (I don't mean the phone going into standby but rather that you switch to another task) and Android decides to close the app for memory allocation reasons, you're boned. Switching back to the app will cause the whole thing to reboot and lock you out of the dungeon.

Since that's the case, it's better to not do anything else with the phone.

Quite frequent actually. I was shocked I actually got to 4 bars this morning on my primary game (metal king get! yay). My secondary one has yet to get past 2.

On a sidenote though, they opened up the frontier hunter to collect the rewards from the prior event. After everything is all said and done, I still manged to land at +3 hunter rank.

I still haven't figured out how the hell that thing works. I've been playing for over a week, every time I go to the Survey Office the button is greyed out and I can't do anything. How often do they do this?

Phades

I still haven't figured out how the hell that thing works. I've been playing for over a week, every time I go to the Survey Office the button is greyed out and I can't do anything. How often do they do this?

If I am reading it correctly, the current dates posted are for reward collection from the previous event. I'm not sure when the next event will start, but it would be sometime after the 2nd.

Shouta

I have a Nexus 5, so it's by means a slouch of a phone. The thing is that, if the game enters standby (I don't mean the phone going into standby but rather that you switch to another task) and Android decides to close the app for memory allocation reasons, you're boned. Switching back to the app will cause the whole thing to reboot and lock you out of the dungeon.

Since that's the case, it's better to not do anything else with the phone.

Ah, I have an N5 too and I haven't had that issue yet. Occasional weird crashing but I've run an emulator or PAD at the same time as BF and it didn't have a problem.

Ah, I have an N5 too and I haven't had that issue yet. Occasional weird crashing but I've run an emulator or PAD at the same time as BF and it didn't have a problem.
Maybe it's my ROM. I'm running CM11 nightlies, which I recently switched to from AOKP (which broke PAD), so it's probably worse on stability than stock Android. I know for sure that if I try to run PAD or Quizup on the side, it will have to close BF. I'm not sure about, say, Kindle or Chrome, though, so I'd rather not risk it.

Level 50~60 characters roughly. 1 totem is harder than 2 idols at the same time.

If you could clear the brave frontier middle route, it shouldn't be very difficult.

is there a guide anywhere of when you get what from leveling up your account?

I do have a few 4 star 60s, but i dont' have enough juice to have them all equipped in a party at once :/

Phades

is there a guide anywhere of when you get what from leveling up your account?

I do have a few 4 star 60s, but i dont' have enough juice to have them all equipped in a party at once :/

Damn, that is a good question. I didn't have that problem myself, so I'm not entirely sure.

If Appinvasion doesnt have a writeup about that, I'm not entirely sure that there is one currently listing the friendlist, cost, and energy increases per level. Unfortuantely, I can't search through that site while at work.

What's the best level to spam early on for levelling up my summoner rank? Im up to the Light Map in Morgan, and have the first map of Cordelia unlocked.

Phades

What's the best level to spam early on for levelling up my summoner rank? Im up to the Light Map in Morgan, and have the first map of Cordelia unlocked.
Speaking in general terms, the more energy you need to use to access a dungeon, the better the ratio is. On morgan, the light element section the best one is the last. For reference use the following (higher ratio is better).

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Morgan

Cordelia for comparison purposes.

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Cordelica

This being the case, the vortex dungeons are bit of a strange duck since they give out higher exp/energy ratios with ratios hitting 140.

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Events#Monday

The best "bang" for your buck versus difficulty is going to be the zel dungeons via the vortex over the weekend.

MicH

I just got a Salamander from the friend summon. That's pretty nice. I'm getting a lot of fire units, already have Ohoenix and Professor Lorand

EDIT What's does the Friday dungeon give you?

Phades

I just got a Salamander from the friend summon. That's pretty nice. I'm getting a lot of fire units, already have Ohoenix and Professor Lorand

EDIT What's does the Friday dungeon give you?

It is the item dungeon. You can get rare crafting items from it like blood pelts, god stone, and fujin eye etc.

In an odd twist, the most heavily sought after drops are in the level 2 dungeon, not the level 3.

Those bring Prize Stones, Guardian Eyes, and Blood Pelts.

I have (2) Goth Kikuri @ lvl60 and now (2) weeks have passed and I have yet to run into a single Dark Totem during my Totem runs.

Why can't they just let us choose to fight them instead of hoping they pop up? It is frustrating.

Phades

I have weird luck with this game and it doesn't make much sense to me.

I decided to try for a rare pull, since certain rare units were boosted chance of being receved and got another mifune. /blech

Then I go and decide to power through the honor points I had built up. Instead of getting jewels and metals, I get zephu, atro, luna and some scrub mobs. I'm starting to think that the primary account I play on is on some weird parody rule set or something after I reinstalled...

Shouta

I have weird luck with this game and it doesn't make much sense to me.

I decided to try for a rare pull, since certain rare units were boosted chance of being receved and got another mifune. /blech

Then I go and decide to power through the honor points I had built up. Instead of getting jewels and metals, I get zephu, atro, luna and some scrub mobs. I'm starting to think that the primary account I play on is on some weird parody rule set or something after I reinstalled...

It hates you.

I got a bunch of Evo items yesterday and got my Stya up to her max evolution currently and promoted my Selena to Ice Queen. Gonna need a totem for the next one though, I need a few idols for the other chars I have but their appearance and cap rate sucks ass.

Running low on gold and did 6 jewel runs and waiting on a 7th. Back over 500k again.

Top Bottom