• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Draxal

Speaking of Exp, is there any way to figure out exactly how much exp you need to get to the next level other than the end-of-dungeon screen? I try to time my exp bar / metal parade dungeons so that a full bar of energy will just barely level me, so that i can use 2 full bars of energy on metal parade. But unless I pay careful attention at the end of each dungeon, I often forget exactly how much I need to get to the next level.

There's none and its a common complaint. The workaround is doing the very first stage with the slimes as its the lowest xp and it gives bb skill up material.

Dreavus

Bonus dungeon wasn't so bad until I fought the boss.
Had to use a gem to finish it up.

Yeah it was "oh hahaha look at the slimes with funny names, oh man they attack like 8 times haha" until the last stage when Burny wrecked my shit.

The item you get from the dungeon is really good.

Is Monster's Nest the best (only?) place to farm Dark Idols? Is any level in there better than any other level? I've run every level like at least 3 times and have yet to see a single Dark Idol :(

Draxal

Is Monster's Nest the best (only?) place to farm Dark Idols? Is any level in there better than any other level? I've run every level like at least 3 times and have yet to see a single Dark Idol :(

edit. Yet again.

Dark Idols only show up in the dark map on St Lamia.

Best bet is Tuesday Dungeon but obviously it just passed yesterday.

So, I used some gems last night and finally got my Fire Idol. Counting the last three weeks where I was trying to get one, it only took me about 17 runs! And now I totally need another one! Yes*!

No. Dammit.

BkPI3r1IIAA-8XE.png

my current party minus the back row kikuri.

curious if I have a chance against thursday dungeon?

What are must have items for harder dungeons anyways?

BkPI3r1IIAA-8XE.png

my current party minus the back row kikuri.

curious if I have a chance against thursday dungeon?

What are must have items for harder dungeons anyways?
Mifune will probably die, but I think you should be strong enough. Maybe partner up with a healer to have some more healing.

Light Totem might be a problem for you if it shows up, though, and I wouldn't recommend challenging Thunder Totem, either.

Mifune will probably die, but I think you should be strong enough. Maybe partner up with a healer to have some more healing.

Light Totem might be a problem for you if it shows up, though, and I wouldn't recommend challenging Thunder Totem, either.

any status effects or debuffs or other gimmicks i should be aware of?

btw: when are the best times to buy gems (whats been the best event deal?). whats been the best time to spend gems? Any 'godfest' equiv? can you get 5 stars from rare summons?

Totems themselves are pure DPS.

The mini-boss on Wave 6 can have statuses, but if you can't take the mini-boss even through the statuses the Totems will probably be beyond you anyway.

I agree that the 2100 hp health Mifune is going to be your biggest problem.

For Totem Runs I highly recommend swapping in High Cure and/or Divine Lights if you have access to them.

Draxal

Totems themselves are pure DPS.

The mini-boss on Wave 6 can have statuses, but if you can't take the mini-boss even through the statuses the Totems will probably be beyond you anyway.

I agree that the 2100 hp health Mifune is going to be your biggest problem.

For Totem Runs I highly recommend swapping in High Cure and/or Divine Lights if you have access to them.

Seals/Ores are necessary as well for a mono dark. I'd try versus fire first since he has two water units. I think this team could get wrecked if he has to face two totems.

edit. Yet again.

Dark Idols only show up in the dark map on St Lamia.

Best bet is Tuesday Dungeon but obviously it just passed yesterday.

Actually that's the one I meant, Monster's Nest was a mistake. But yea, the spawn rate seems really really low. I still haven't seen one.

Another question: Does Muramasa work for the first 2 turns of EVERY round? So like if a map is 9 rounds, with the boss being the 9th round, the first 2 turns of all 9 rounds would get the bonus?

Draxal

Actually that's the one I meant, Monster's Nest was a mistake. But yea, the spawn rate seems really really low. I still haven't seen one.

Another question: Does Muramasa work for the first 2 turns of EVERY round? So like if a map is 9 rounds, with the boss being the 9th round, the first 2 turns of all 9 rounds would get the bonus?

Yes, for your second question, you'll see an ATK up buff on a Muramasd unit and they'll always have it for the first 2 rounds.

So, I just got my first Arena victory via Time Over. The guy had Phoenix and Elimo using their BB whenever they could, and we just couldn't finish each other. I ended up winning by having slightly more HP left and doing a bit more damage, but I do wonder whether remaining HP takes precedence over damage dealt or vice versa.

always wondered, how would i even make my party better?

My team is pretty much the shit i got from buying 55 gems. Is the only way for me to make it more round off, is by spending more?

I just want to get some of my party dudes to 5stars :(

Zunja

I hit a pretty hard wall in this game. I was doing fine until I got to the Lomass forest and The Bandit's Trap. It has those two fairies Titania, Zaza, and Undine. I can get through the two grass pretty quick but Undine kills me every time. I have 4 gems currently and don't really want to spend money to get more.

My team is God Blade Mifune, Elimo, Drake Lord Aisha (Leader), Knight Agni, and Twins II & Mina. I really don't want to have to burn through gems to beat it and I can barely barely grind a tuesday totem dungeon to level them up. They are all L30+. I'll gladly take any tips!

Draxal

always wondered, how would i even make my party better?

My team is pretty much the shit i got from buying 55 gems. Is the only way for me to make it more round off, is by spending more?

I just want to get some of my party dudes to 5stars :(

Eventually, there's free units that will be gotten from Frontier Hunter (Seria) and other battles. There's also evolutions for older units as the Mifune tier will get a 5 star later on as also the Oboro tier.

Your squad would be very good with one or two oboros (replacing Selena and Mifune).

I hit a pretty hard wall in this game. I was doing fine until I got to the Lomass forest and The Bandit's Trap. It has those two fairies Titania, Zaza, and Undine. I can get through the two grass pretty quick but Undine kills me every time. I have 4 gems currently and don't really want to spend money to get more.

My team is God Blade Mifune, Elimo, Drake Lord Aisha (Leader), Knight Agni, and Twins II & Mina. I really don't want to have to burn through gems to beat it and I can barely barely grind a tuesday totem dungeon to level them up. They are all L30+. I'll gladly take any tips!

You team should be good enough once leveled up; Metal Parades are going to be your best friends. Also try obtaining better spheres.

Eventually, there's free units that will be gotten from Frontier Hunter (Seria) and other battles. There's also evolutions for older units as the Mifune tier will get a 5 star later on as also the Oboro tier.

Your squad would be very good with one or two oboros (replacing Selena and Mifune).

You team should be good enough once leveled up; Metal Parades are going to be your best friends. Also try obtaining better spheres.

So the best time for that is when there event for dark rare summons?

So, I just got my first Arena victory via Time Over. The guy had Phoenix and Elimo using their BB whenever they could, and we just couldn't finish each other. I ended up winning by having slightly more HP left and doing a bit more damage, but I do wonder whether remaining HP takes precedence over damage dealt or vice versa.

HP trumps damage, as I found out when I had a Behemoth + Douglas going up against a Lidith. Lidith hitting Behemoth made him win the damage, but I had more health and still got the time out victory.

This Frontier survey thing is just crazy, I don't understand it at all. The other day it said the Ranking Result would end on April 2. So now it's April 3, and now ti says the Ranking Result is from March 27 to April 14. Does this thing ever actually work?

Draxal

Tuesday dungeon is now lasting for a week so bank all idols you get now.

And in JP brave frontier they announced alot of new 6 stars

Pretty much all 5 stars currently in the game will get 6 stars this month.

harrytang

This Frontier survey thing is just crazy, I don't understand it at all. The other day it said the Ranking Result would end on April 2. So now it's April 3, and now ti says the Ranking Result is from March 27 to April 14. Does this thing ever actually work?

i think it works, but i dont know they have an event going on constantly. seems like they space it out and give people a chance to level up before the next event. could be why we getting this evo and fusion event right now if the next frontier has an extremely difficult boss. maybe it will be the bf global exclusive unit? just a guess.

colinp

Banned
The drops are such shit in this game I'm reaaaally close to just deleting it outright. Just not enjoying myself anymore. This game needs to be cooked in the oven a bit longer before it's all there.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I think I'm gonna be really pissed in a bit.. was having the palmyna bug where the game would crash.. read to change language and it'll redo the patch.. well switched the language... game crashed... now it's stuck on loading..

I can't remember if I linked to FB or not... but I lose everything if I didn't?

Well apparently not completely locked up... just not doing anything.. finally started downloading the patch in a different language.. but it had an error at the end so closed and retrying... again.

MicH

Can someone tell me what Kikuri needs to evolve? I see two Dark Spirits and a Dark Idol. What's the last mat I need?

EDIT Apparently I need a Dark Nymph. I have no idea how I never got one!

I was trying to figure out if 2 Metal Kings for evolving a 2* to a 3* was worth it to me, and I'm leaning no.

Most units would cost more to level through 2* than the 2 Kings I would gain, and the ones that wouldn't (Eze, Vargas, Selena, Lance), I don't really need at the moment.

3* to 4* and 4* to 5* are just normal progression, so I'm all over that.

Draxal

I was trying to figure out if 2 Metal Kings for evolving a 2* to a 3* was worth it to me, and I'm leaning no.

Most units would cost more to level through 2* than the 2 Kings I would gain, and the ones that wouldn't (Eze, Vargas, Selena, Lance), I don't really need at the moment.

An anima 3* May for the upcoming 3 boss party fight Karl is worth doing imho if you don't have one already.

Beat Fire Totem dungeon -> Infinite "Connecting..." screen -> reboot app -> 30 Energy gone, no EXP gained, no Fire Totem in units

They need QA so badly.

EDIT: Huh. They showed up, but it was quite a bit later. Weird. I have no idea if my EXP got altered.

EDIT 2: No, wait, they didn't.

Phades

HP trumps damage, as I found out when I had a Behemoth + Douglas going up against a Lidith. Lidith hitting Behemoth made him win the damage, but I had more health and still got the time out victory.

Well that stinks. That pretty much rules out any tank strategy assuming similarly matched teams. I had a similar loss a couple days ago. Only had 2 time outs total so far...

It is really noticeable in the arena who has fully upgraded BBs and who doesn't. Those who don't hit like a feather, while the fully upgraded ones are game enders most of the time.

I'm starting to think I'm hitting people who use light helms too. Way too often i'll be fighting an element weak opponent and do squat to them for a couple rounds... Is there a better item that reproduces the "i'm invulnerable" or "lol you just healed me to full" effect?

Well that stinks. That pretty much rules out any tank strategy assuming similarly matched teams. I had a similar loss a couple days ago. Only had 2 time outs total so far...

It is really noticeable in the arena who has fully upgraded BBs and who doesn't. Those who don't hit like a feather, while the fully upgraded ones are game enders most of the time.

I'm starting to think I'm hitting people who use light helms too. Way too often i'll be fighting an element weak opponent and do squat to them for a couple rounds... Is there a better item that reproduces the "i'm invulnerable" or "lol you just healed me to full" effect?
What does Light Helm do? I honestly don't think Muramasa is as great as people make it out to be for Arena.

Soul Spear is pretty good, though. You can take back some HP when you attack.

Phades

This event just screams to folks who are ready to evolve, but couldn't get the materials due to idol/spirit drops really. One game I have 3 units ready to evolve (2->3 star, 3->4 star, and 4->5 star), but the evolution mats just refuse to drop or show up. My other game just got done evolving everything that mattered and has no feasible method of getting something else to qualify for it.

Phades

What does Light Helm do? I honestly don't think Muramasa is as great as people make it out to be for Arena.

Soul Spear is pretty good, though. You can take back some HP when you attack.

10% chance to be healed instead of being damaged, *IF* i'm reading it correctly.

If god lava attacks vine pike and I net ~300 damage total, something is really wrong.

Soul spear might be another one that gets used, but it is hard to tell sometimes since I'm not always watching the exchange very closely.

blackflag

what's an easy way to get a healer?

I don't even know if I'm using my best people....

Ice mage dean
Fire Knight Lava
Burning Vargas
Knight Aem
Necromancer Lemia

i also have
Bolt Knight Amy
Edea
Twins II & Mina
Great Falcon Tiz
Behemoth
Emilia
Sunshine Luna

Phades

Light Helm sounds damn good. I might swap out Stealth Robe or Mech Sword for it.

Yeah, I could be reading it incorrectly though or there could be a bug or something else. I'm looking for confirmation really. I just can't rationalize what I encountered in the game at the moment, hence the posting.

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Spheres_List

That list has it on there, but I just dunno. There is another similar item to it that does 20%, but I shouldn't be hitting folks with those kinds of items where I am at in the arena at all.

Phades

what's an easy way to get a healer?

I don't even know if I'm using my best people....

Ice mage dean
Fire Knight Lava
Burning Vargas
Knight Aem
Necromancer Lemia

i also have
Bolt Knight Amy
Edea
Twins II & Mina
Great Falcon Tiz
Behemoth
Emilia
Sunshine Luna

Vargas and lemia are weaker links in what you listed at the top. Vargas gets better though, but I'm not sure about lemia.

With bolt knight, behemoth, emelia, and ziz, you got a decent thunder team really. Capture a royal dancer for a healer and evolve her twice which should tide you over until you can gem pull something better later on or have something better off your friend list.

You have a couple of units that can go rainbow fairly easy with II&mina and Aem. It looks like you have a bit of depth there really, so it is hard for me to see you getting stuck on anything early to mid game.

MicH

WHY WON'T THIS THUNDER IDOL DROP. TWICE in one run one appears and doesn't drop. God damn it. I have every other one!

The same goes for the nymph, I just need the dark one. Ugh :( This game...

blackflag

Vargas and lemia are weaker links in what you listed at the top. Vargas gets better though, but I'm not sure about lemia.

With bolt knight, behemoth, emelia, and ziz, you got a decent thunder team really. Capture a royal dancer for a healer and evolve her twice which should tide you over until you can gem pull something better later on or have something better off your friend list.

You have a couple of units that can go rainbow fairly easy with II&mina and Aem. It looks like you have a bit of depth there really, so it is hard for me to see you getting stuck on anything early to mid game.

Ok cool I'll mix it up a bit and see how it works. I have some levelling to do .

wooo beat water totem and got one. I guess i was lucky that there was only 1 totem this dungeon (all other mobs were easy here), was pretty close at the end >.>"

Top Bottom