• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

I have weird luck with this game and it doesn't make much sense to me.

I decided to try for a rare pull, since certain rare units were boosted chance of being receved and got another mifune. /blech

Then I go and decide to power through the honor points I had built up. Instead of getting jewels and metals, I get zephu, atro, luna and some scrub mobs. I'm starting to think that the primary account I play on is on some weird parody rule set or something after I reinstalled...

These games always have hilarious RNG antics. I ran the Tuesday dungeon over and over trying to get a lightning spirit. Got every other element. Fast forward to today, I'm evolving and leveling all my other guys to the point of being completely broke. I do a random honor pull and booyah! It's the last lightning spirit I needed and I can't evolve because I'm penniless. I just had to lol.

But it's not a huge deal, since I can use a jewel key or hit up the weekend dungeon tomorrow, but I still found it funny.

Phades

It hates you.

I got a bunch of Evo items yesterday and got my Stya up to her max evolution currently and promoted my Selena to Ice Queen. Gonna need a totem for the next one though, I need a few idols for the other chars I have but their appearance and cap rate sucks ass.

Running low on gold and did 6 jewel runs and waiting on a 7th. Back over 500k again.

Sometimes, that is what I think.

It sounds like you are primed and ready for when Tuesday rolls around. Hopefully the idols you need pop so that you don't have to worry about that anymore and will be ready for the inevitible totem run you will go for on Thursday. You probably will be broke after that though. Progress right?

These games always have hilarious RNG antics. I ran the Tuesday dungeon over and over trying to get a lightning spirit. Got every other element. Fast forward to today, I'm evolving and leveling all my other guys to the point of being completely broke. I do a random honor pull and booyah! It's the last lightning spirit I needed and I can't evolve because I'm penniless. I just had to lol.

But it's not a huge deal, since I can use a jewel key or hit up the weekend dungeon tomorrow, but I still found it funny.

I know that feeling. Out of everything I could honor pull sometimes, seeing a evolution material drop makes me smile regardless of if I needed it right then and there because I know I won't have to burn through 15~40 energy trying to grab that last nymph or spirit of that type later on.

I know that feeling. Out of everything I could honor pull sometimes, seeing a evolution material drop makes me smile regardless of if I needed it right then and there because I know I won't have to burn through 15~40 energy trying to grab that last nymph or spirit of that type later on.

Yes! When I got it, I was grinning like an idiot. It will save me from some headaches later.

MicH

I've been pretty lucky with the drops lately. I got Nemia (Anima) on my first try through the level 1 dungeon. And just now I got Oboro (Breaker) on the level 1 dungeon as well. Really nice!

I got 1 million coins from Frontier Hunter, so I'm good on coins now.

On the other hand, I can get neither Fire Idol, nor Dark Totem, so it looks like I'll be getting Lava up to max level until I get ahold of those.

I've been getting mostly blue kings, though. I got 4-star Rickel up to level, like 40, even though I have no use for her.

Also, here's my current dilemma: I have a 4-star Tree with Breaker and a 3-star Tree with Guardian. Should I level the 4-star or grind the 3-star to evolution and then ditch the Breaker one?

Would anyone mind adding me? Im not very high level yet, but i don't have many strong friends, so it makes it difficult to progress. My code is 6786382034

Is it pretty rare to get the speical dungeon monsters to drop on Level 1? I just got Ninja Oboro from my 3rd attempt at the level 1 dungeon.

Is it pretty rare to get the speical dungeon monsters to drop on Level 1? I just got Ninja Oboro from my 3rd attempt at the level 1 dungeon.

I've been told it's very rare! But I've also read multiple accounts in this topic of people grabbing them from lvl 1. Been using my energy for lvl 1 runs all day. Hopefully I can get lucky too. My units can't handle him at the higher levels.

I never managed to get a level 1 in spite of dozens of tries.

I got a couple level 2s, and the rest on level 3.

I'm always impressed by the fortitude of those who spend a ton of runs to get the level 1 drop.

I'm currently doing nothing but running Zebra over and over. Wow is it boring. Too many stages, too many hit points across the board, too low of a chance to capture.

I never managed to get a level 1 in spite of dozens of tries.

I got a couple level 2s, and the rest on level 3.

I'm always impressed by the fortitude of those who spend a ton of runs to get the level 1 drop.

I'm currently doing nothing but running Zebra over and over. Wow is it boring. Too many stages, too many hit points across the board, too low of a chance to capture.

It's possible they upped the drop rate or something, I got both Boxer Lemia and Ninja Oboro after 3 runs of Lv. 1.

Where / how far is Zebra?

Zebra is the final boss currently.

And he has a very small chance to be captured.

Takes 18 Energy per run, 12 long grueling stages (because the enemies have tons and tons of health).

MicH

It's possible they upped the drop rate or something, I got both Boxer Lemia and Ninja Oboro after 3 runs of Lv. 1.

Where / how far is Zebra?
I got Nemia on my very first run through the level one stage and Oboro after a few tries. Also on level one!

Lava is maxed! Also, I used the 5 gems I've been holding onto forever and pulled Goth Idol Kikuri
(Guardian =\ )
! I just really need a Fire Idol and Dark Totem still, though.

harrytang

this game pretty fun. my almost water mono team of zephu, ice wizard dean, stya, bishop merith, and alpha behemoth are taking me pretty far in the arena against fire teams, and i've only recently been struggling with the campaign. currently stuck 5th floor Tower of Light on Cordelica. enemies can be deceptive with health and AOE attacks. up until this point it's been a spam click fest with enemies providing little challenge, but now the mid level bosses are crushing my team. i have a few more guys to sub in and out, but a mono team with 50% atk bonus from myself and friend leader is seems like a good choice most of the time. working on getting a dark team together with mifune, oboro and lemia so we'll see if that helps get me through rest of Tower of Light.

my buddy hasn't done a pull yet besides the first, pulled 3* Loran, and he's doing very well with a mono fire team. stuck at Tower of Light like me currently. i think he sitting on 30+ gems.

looking forward to future content updates with raids and 6* evo's. if anyone has a link to the Japanese brave front wiki to view the new monsters we can look forward to receiving that would be great. i did a cursory google search but came up empty handed.

if anyone needs an ice wizard dean hit me up - 4777089078

I just beat the Lava Phoenix in St. Lamia. Holy shit that thing was difficult. I think I read something about the final bosses of each of the 5 stages in St. Lamia being able to drop? So like in theory I could get a Phoenix from that dungeon? Is that true or am I crazy?

Draxal

this game pretty fun. my almost water mono team of zephu, ice wizard dean, stya, bishop merith, and alpha behemoth are taking me pretty far in the arena against fire teams, and i've only recently been struggling with the campaign. currently stuck 5th floor Tower of Light on Cordelica. enemies can be deceptive with health and AOE attacks. up until this point it's been a spam click fest with enemies providing little challenge, but now the mid level bosses are crushing my team. i have a few more guys to sub in and out, but a mono team with 50% atk bonus from myself and friend leader is seems like a good choice most of the time. working on getting a dark team together with mifune, oboro and lemia so we'll see if that helps get me through rest of Tower of Light.

my buddy hasn't done a pull yet besides the first, pulled 3* Loran, and he's doing very well with a mono fire team. stuck at Tower of Light like me currently. i think he sitting on 30+ gems.

looking forward to future content updates with raids and 6* evo's. if anyone has a link to the Japanese brave front wiki to view the new monsters we can look forward to receiving that would be great. i did a cursory google search but came up empty handed.

if anyone needs an ice wizard dean hit me up - 4777089078

Not so much a wiki but

http://appinvasion.com/index.php?threads/future-patches-and-units-spoilers.16027/

It's a little outdated as it doesn't have the six newest pulls + Grah/Karl and the FH reward chars, the Japanese subforum there has the newest units.

I just beat the Lava Phoenix in St. Lamia. Holy shit that thing was difficult. I think I read something about the final bosses of each of the 5 stages in St. Lamia being able to drop? So like in theory I could get a Phoenix from that dungeon? Is that true or am I crazy?

The 4* Honor guys can show up in random battles in Lamia and those can drop. (Luna, Mifune, etc).

The bosses can not.

Kreed

The final bosses do not drop in St. Lamia. However, the bosses of Mistral do show up as regular enemies from time to time (Zephu, Beast Zegar, etc...) and they can drop.

Edit: Beaten

Not so much a wiki but

http://appinvasion.com/index.php?threads/future-patches-and-units-spoilers.16027/

It's a little outdated as it doesn't have the six newest pulls + Grah/Karl and the FH reward chars, the Japanese subforum there has the newest units.
It's disheartening how strong those new units are. The way the power creep is going, all of the current available units will be obsolete.

Also, how to Super Brave Bursts work? I thought they were reserved for 6-star units, but I partied up with a Burning Vargas who had Super BB once, and I was really surprised. Bug?

Draxal

It's disheartening how strong those new units are. The way the power creep is going, all of the current available units will be obsolete.

Also, how to Super Brave Bursts work? I thought they were reserved for 6-star units, but I partied up with a Burning Vargas who had Super BB once, and I was really surprised. Bug?

Well the way the power creep is going is that Kikuri is still very strong and it buffs an older unit (Alice) back to top tier, and the must get guy is a dungeon reward (Grah).

Also it made a weak unit (Douglas) into a very very good unit. Here's a vid of Douglas' sbb to show how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g13U9oZ3BM

Do the devs ever give out gems for anything? For example, previous poster mentions that old units are becoming obsolete with the release of new units, it's going to be pretty shitty if one wastes all their free first-time completion gems on old units, then can't keep up with new content because they don't have any of the newer units and don't want to buy gems to try to pull some newer units.

Do the devs ever give out gems for anything? For example, previous poster mentions that old units are becoming obsolete with the release of new units, it's going to be pretty shitty if one wastes all their free first-time completion gems on old units, then can't keep up with new content because they don't have any of the newer units and don't want to buy gems to try to pull some newer units.

your example described just about every IAP game.... so nope.

Kreed

I wouldn't worry that much about the newer units. Most of the ones posted in that link for example are just new evolutions of existing units we already have. So if anything these updates will make currently "low tier" pulls worth much more.

I just realized that they completely ripped off the Final Fantasy theme song. Has anyone else noticed this? Im talking about the song when you're on the quest screen.

I just realized that they completely ripped off the Final Fantasy theme song. Has anyone else noticed this? Im talking about the song when you're on the quest screen.

A couple parts are sorta similar. What's more noticeable to me are the little flourishes after which resemble parts of John Williams Superman score. ;D

Soundtrack to this game is awesome though.

A couple parts are sorta similar. What's more noticeable to me are the little flourishes after which resemble parts of John Williams Superman score. ;D

Soundtrack to this game is awesome though.

Are you sure it's just similar? It sounds like a straight rip to me. Either ff4 or 6, cant remember which, the main world music.

harrytang

today special dungeon hilarious. my water team managed to survive with some potions. i highly recommend bringing in some holy water to remove curse. funny shit though.

That slime dungeon was a little more difficult than I planned on. Couldn't tell you if there are any status ailments, just take my II & Mina if I'm on your friends list.

Draxal

That slime dungeon was a little more difficult than I planned on. Couldn't tell you if there are any status ailments, just take my II & Mina if I'm on your friends list.

If you have a semi leveled up water team, you shouldn't need any (and he spam curses so you need holy waters if you want to bb).

Do you guys remember how much EXP the Burny dungeon gives? I'm just in the threshold for a Metal Parade, so I'll be doing that first, but it would still be useful info.

Also, I'm now sure the game knows I need a Fire Idol and will never give me one.

Do you guys remember how much EXP the Burny dungeon gives? I'm just in the threshold for a Metal Parade, so I'll be doing that first, but it would still be useful info.

Also, I'm now sure the game knows I need a Fire Idol and will never give me one.

Speaking of Exp, is there any way to figure out exactly how much exp you need to get to the next level other than the end-of-dungeon screen? I try to time my exp bar / metal parade dungeons so that a full bar of energy will just barely level me, so that i can use 2 full bars of energy on metal parade. But unless I pay careful attention at the end of each dungeon, I often forget exactly how much I need to get to the next level.

Top Bottom