• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Yeah totems go from manageable if you have to fight one, versus crazy when you have to fight 3.

its times like this that i kinda wish there are more 'gameplay' elements or strategies or what not that can give me a bit more of an edge.

my party is all lvl 60 4 stars... and i can barely take out 1 totem (ran out of pots at the end).

nothing much you can do if the baddie just decides to spam aoe's.

I probably should level up synergy for the better pots :/

You are pretty much limited to luck, or make a broke ass party from dumping cash into gems.

I assume getting 6 star evo mat is even harder?

God dammit. I need Idols and TWICE today I've gone into the level 2 Tuesday dungeon by mistake. In PAD if you exited before performing any other actions you would get your energy back. Pretty damn annoyed right now :(

God dammit. I need Idols and TWICE today I've gone into the level 2 Tuesday dungeon by mistake. In PAD if you exited before performing any other actions you would get your energy back. Pretty damn annoyed right now :(
!

I never knew this, but that's awesome!

But yeah. That does suck. Think of it this way, though: even if you did enter the proper dungeon, the game probably would have screwed you on getting the drop(s) you need anyway, so, in the end, you actually wasted less energy than you could have.

He does have 6 more days to try though.

I know, it's mostly just annoying because after I did it the first time, I sat there and waited 3 hours to get my energy back, then I was like "ok, I'm definitely going to get it right this time" and I *STILL* fucking clicked Level 2, thinking again that it was Spirits (Lv. 1) -> Idols (Lv. 2) -> Totems (Lv. 3).

MicH

Finally got that Thunder Idol I needed. And of course I get two in the same run :p That's Goth Kikuri and Thunder King Eze I managed to get today :D

if only we could gift totems around ;)

and its kinda disappointing that evolved units are always weaker than the previous until you level them up a bit. All that effort, and you still need to farm some metal first :X

Draxal

if only we could gift totems around ;)

and its kinda disappointing that evolved units are always weaker than the previous until you level them up a bit. All that effort, and you still need to farm some metal first :X

Farming skill ups while not as bad as pad is still very hammer to the hand painful and is recommended to do so immediately after evolving to five star. It kinda takes the fun away from it.

Farming skill ups while not as bad as pad is still very hammer to the hand painful and is recommended to do so immediately after evolving to five star. It kinda takes the fun away from it.

I'm so grateful that the price for skill ups goes down once the unit is max level. I hated skilling up in PAD.

Slayven

The drops are such shit in this game I'm reaaaally close to just deleting it outright. Just not enjoying myself anymore. This game needs to be cooked in the oven a bit longer before it's all there.

I feel the same, game feels like a beta.

I feel the same, game feels like a beta.

I don't have a problem with the drops so much as I do the unit design. What's wrong with the drops? Just like PAD, you often do the daily dungeon and don't get the evolution material you need.

the bigger problem, at least for me, is that the units just don't seem as interesting and diverse as PAD's units

Wait, in bf the price goes down at max level? Why is it recommended to do it at lv 1 then?

It only became cheaper like a month ago, so you are probably reading old advice.

The old way was awful. I had a choice of either spending millions of Zel on brave bursting at capped level or sitting post-evolve at that low level inferior stat version while farming in Mistral for low level units.

Draxal

It only became cheaper like a month ago, so you are probably reading old advice.

The old way was awful. I had a choice of either spending millions of Zel on brave bursting at capped level or sitting post-evolve at that low level inferior stat version while farming in Mistral for low level units.

It's recommended to do 1-20 bbursting leveling, once you hit 20 you should just level up.

They changed it so max level bbursting = to level 21ish.

Mackins

Add me if you want. Level 39 lightning boy. 9492631219. I've only been playing for a few hours over the last 3 days though so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing. Haha

YOLO-rolled a Great Tree yesterday. Not sure how I feel, already have a phoenix. Guess that means I don't need to use Merith as my 2nd healer now.

Took me 4 runs to even SEE a water spirit, but now I've finally max evo'd Selena. Fed her some metals I had and got a GREAT. Went from 1 > 49, crazy lucky.

Now to work on 3* and 4* evos to get the bonuses, which means another water spirit.

It's recommended to do 1-20 bbursting leveling, once you hit 20 you should just level up.

They changed it so max level bbursting = to level 21ish.

Well, I don't recommend this. It's not worth it to me taking a relied on unit and sitting at low level for a bit of Zel savings.

i feel like im missing something... how do you lvl up burst?

something about fusing same type burst's might get it up right?

so farming the slimes in the first stage is how that works?

Draxal

i feel like im missing something... how do you lvl up burst?

something about fusing same type burst's might get it up right?

so farming the slimes in the first stage is how that works?

The first post explains it all pretty much. And it's pure rng if you get a skill up or not. Expect to spend alot of zel especially when t6 comes out with SBB and you have to level those as well.

Well, I don't recommend this. It's not worth it to me taking a relied on unit and sitting at low level for a bit of Zel savings.

Well, it doesn't take much to hit level 20 from slime farming. That relied upon unit still could perform his duties slime chopping for a day before leveling him up.

Shouta

Got two Water totems so now I have an Ice Goddess Selena and I'll have a Genius elimo after I get her to 60 for the evolution.

Just need some totems and idols for my lightning units now too, lol.

Well, it doesn't take much to hit level 20 from slime farming. That relied upon unit still could perform his duties slime chopping for a day before leveling him up.

Even though it's only 3 energy per run you are still looking at the unit being out of commission for a day or two. And forget about taking it to Arena during that time...3K health units don't last against the Kikuri/Sefia brigade as it currently exists.

harrytang

Even though it's only 3 energy per run you are still looking at the unit being out of commission for a day or two. And forget about taking it to Arena during that time...3K health units don't last against the Kikuri/Sefia brigade as it currently exists.

just need to pick your opponents carefully. a weak mono team will take down a mono team of the element they strong against very easily. i have a water team so i refresh until i see a fire leader whose ability is 50% atk boost for fire units by assuming they probably building a fire team around that leader skill. no point in random fighting if you trying to advance in arena at a relatively quick pace.

just need to pick your opponents carefully. a weak mono team will take down a mono team of the element they strong against very easily. i have a water team so i refresh until i see a fire leader whose ability is 50% atk boost for fire units by assuming they probably building a fire team around that leader skill. no point in random fighting if you trying to advance in arena at a relatively quick pace.

The vast majority of the Arena parties at General(my rank) are led by Kikuri. Most of the rest are either Sefia, or a different light/dark unit with Kikuris and Sefias behind it.

If I am trying to hand pick an easy party, I'll be refreshing a lot. And to me that's simply not worth it to save a few thousand Zel.

*EDIT* Just to give an example of how sucky it is, here's the first 20 enemies in Arena that I just got:

Kikuri
Kikuri
Kikuri
Alice
Kikuri
Kikuri
Kikuri
Kikuri
Will
Kikuri
Kikuri
Will
Kikuri
Kikuri
Kikuri
Kikuri
Kikuri
Kikuri
Kikuri
Eze

And I'm actually startled to see the Eze. The Arena just isn't as much fun as it used to be.

Kreed

I didn't know they had dungeons specifically for the Hero characters (wouldn't have spent so much time trying to farm the others). Just got Eze on my first try from the 15 stamina one. Looking forward to finally getting the others, particularly Atro and Magress.

harrytang

The vast majority of the Arena parties at General(my rank).

oh damn. well you way way way ahead of me. i can imagine the arena pickings slim. you might have to wait for bf global players to catch up as the game grows in popularity.

I didn't know they had dungeons specifically for the Hero characters (wouldn't have spent so much time trying to farm the others). Just got Eze on my first try from the 15 stamina one. Looking forward to finally getting the others, particularly Atro and Magress.

that's great luck. i tried 30 stam and nothing dropped. i want that water starter badly. gonna have to decide where i spend my stam over next two days.

Kreed

that's great luck. i tried 30 stam and nothing dropped. i want that water starter badly. gonna have to decide where i spend my stam over next two days.

It may be that the drop rates are really good. Just did the Magress 15 stamina dungeon twice and he dropped on my second attempt.

Draxal

I got two Magress out of two runs....both Oracle :(

Oracle will be decent for him since he has god awful rec and has already good HP/def. The starters that really need Anima are Atro and Selena because they're HP is so awful (and they have enough rec). I'm gunning for an anima vargas/atro/selena these three days.

I'm guessing six star starters will be coming out on Thursday.

Just tried a 30 stam Magress and he was too difficult for me :( too bad this event wasn't next week. I think i only need a few extra levels, i got him down to 40%

Draxal

Just tried a 30 stam Magress and he was too difficult for me :( too bad this event wasn't next week. I think i only need a few extra levels, i got him down to 40%

Doesn't seem worth it to do the second tier dungeons, drop rates seem to be around the ame it's jsut level 1 one gets 2 star version and 2nd dungeon gets 3 star drops.

Doesn't seem worth it to do the second tier dungeons, drop rates seem to be around the ame it's jsut level 1 one gets 2 star version and 2nd dungeon gets 3 star drops.

Thank goodness. I'll just spam the level 1's this weekend. I don't mind getting the 2 star.

harrytang

so second tier only good to get at higher star level? 3 30 stam runs and 2 15 stam runs no drops. about to level so ill try 4 more 15 stam runs.

MicH

Just managed to get Vargas on my very first try! So far my records are:

Selena: first try at level one
Vargas: first try at level one
Magress: no luck even after four level one tries

The vast majority of the Arena parties at General(my rank) are led by Kikuri. Most of the rest are either Sefia, or a different light/dark unit with Kikuris and Sefias behind it.

If I am trying to hand pick an easy party, I'll be refreshing a lot. And to me that's simply not worth it to save a few thousand Zel.

And I'm actually startled to see the Eze. The Arena just isn't as much fun as it used to be.
Ironically, though, for me, it's usually the other leaders that end up having the scary teams (and for some reason, I always lose to Lorand teams, even if they don't seem all the impressive; my team just fights stupider when those show up). Aem and Aisha, especially, are the scariest, since they could be packing anything, and you could get hosed by BB spam.

Anyway, here's my record on start dungeons, so far:

Eze: 1 run at Lv. 1, no drop, stop (Anima Eze was my starter, and I got another Breaker from Honor Summon, so I'm good)
Magress: skip (got Lord from Honor Summon)
Selena: 1 run at Lv. 1, 4 runs (used Gem) at Lv. 2, no drop, time over
Vargas: 2 runs at Lv. 2, 3-star Anima dropped (I might try to get the 2-star version for collection purposes, too)

I'm still missing Selena and Atro, so I'm going to try to get them tomorrow.

MicH

Managed to bag Lance on my second try. All I need now are Magress and Atro. Hopefully I will be able to get those tomorrow!

Here are the types I got:
Eze (Guardian)
Vargas (Anima)
Selena (Lord)
Lance (Guardian)

Kreed

Did pretty good overall with the event, although I had really bad luck with Vargas and Atro with both taking more than 7-8 attempts, but Atro dropped his 3 star form on lvl 1 so that "almost" made up for it.

Top Bottom