• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Do you guys know how we would obtain the exclusive unit when it comes out?

Also, what are everyone's 6-star plans? Right now, I have Eze and Lava ready to evolve, so Eze will probably be first. After that, I have Kikuri and Rickel almost there, followed by Aisha and the tree. No one else is close, but I also don't really care about any units other than those for now.

MicH

I really need to focus my leveling. I've spread it out lately, with all the new starters I've obtained. But I think I'll focus on evolving my Royal Elimo and Goth Kikuri. The I'll probably work on Eze and maybe some of the other starters. Oh - and my Phoenix. He seems to be a good healer, like Elimo, and I couldd swap him in when I run thunder dungeons

Draxal

Also, what are everyone's 6-star plans? Right now, I have Eze and Lava ready to evolve, so Eze will probably be first. After that, I have Kikuri and Rickel almost there, followed by Aisha and the tree. No one else is close, but I also don't really care about any units other than those for now.

It's most likely going to be vortex upon release, than later it will be a rare summon. The light up event going right now is prep for it. The Lava six star is probably 3 months away at the earliest.

For me, I'm going to get my oracle magress to six first, since he seems to be key in helping others get past the miracle totem (which is a bit rough).

Phades

I'll probably be stuck for a while unless I burn some gems. The vargas I honor pulled just before the hero event I dragged kicking and screaming through all stages of evolution over the weekend (monetary issue preventing it mostly prior to that). He will probably be my best bet for a immediately useable unit, but I'm fresh out of metal keys to keep dragging him along (arguably I need to hustle this, because he is a good replacement for a different unit i'm still using...).

Given the elemental bias though, getting the nature god lance topped out and pushed through is probably going to be easier, but less useful for me given the other units I have at my disposal.

It's most likely going to be vortex upon release, than later it will be a rare summon. The light up event going right now is prep for it. The Lava six star is probably 3 months away at the earliest.

For me, I'm going to get my oracle magress to six first, since he seems to be key in helping others get past the miracle totem (which is a bit rough).
So, I guess the question is are 6-star starters better than 5-star Lava class characters? If I have a level 80, 5-star Lava (Lord), would it be worthwhile to take Vargas (Anima) all the way up to replace her?

I'll probably be stuck for a while unless I burn some gems. The vargas I honor pulled just before the hero event I dragged kicking and screaming through all stages of evolution over the weekend (monetary issue preventing it mostly prior to that). He will probably be my best bet for a immediately useable unit, but I'm fresh out of metal keys to keep dragging him along (arguably I need to hustle this, because he is a good replacement for a different unit i'm still using...).

Given the elemental bias though, getting the nature god lance topped out and pushed through is probably going to be easier, but less useful for me given the other units I have at my disposal.
I don't really know what teams you're running, but so far I've found almost no use for green units, aside from the tree. My base team is Kikuri/Kikuri/Lava/Aisha/tree, and that handles everything except for heavy water dungeons, in which case my second team for just water dungeons is Eze/Kikuri/Kikuri/Rickel/tree. Aside from swapping my leaders around or maybe swapping Rickel for some other lightning unit, I don't really see any other reason to have any other teams.

Draxal

So, I guess the question is are 6-star starters better than 5-star Lava class characters? If I have a level 80, 5-star Lava (Lord), would it be worthwhile to take Vargas (Anima) all the way up to replace her?

I don't really know what teams you're running, but so far I've found almost no use for green units, aside from the tree. My base team is Kikuri/Kikuri/Lava/Aisha/tree, and that handles everything except for heavy water dungeons, in which case my second team for just water dungeons is Eze/Kikuri/Kikuri/Rickel/tree. Aside from swapping my leaders around or maybe swapping Rickel for some other lightning unit, I don't really see any other reason to have any other teams.

Six star starters are better than five stars of lava tiers. However in your case, if the event is farmable and if the capture rate is normal on it, I have a feeling you'd want to go Kikuki/Kikuri/Licorice/Licorice/Tree.

Six star starters are better than five stars of lava tiers. However in your case, if the event is farmable and if the capture rate is normal on it, I have a feeling you'd want to go Kikuki/Kikuri/Licorice/Licorice/Tree.
If Licorice is that amazing, maybe I'll just get 4 of them, if I can.

Okay, so the real question, then, is are 6-star starters better than Kikuri?

Draxal

If Licorice is that amazing, maybe I'll just get 4 of them, if I can.

Okay, so the real question, then, is are 6-star starters better than Kikuri?

I'm just guessing on Licorice's stats, if they're similiar to the Korean exclusive unit that was released they're really really good.

Kikuri is better, but Magrees has the better leader skill. You'd want Magress for lead and friend +3 Kiks and tree or 4 kiks.

Phades

My better team is mostly fire. Lava, Lancia, Leon (ughn i know, but I have squat ready to replace him hence vargas getting pushed). I really wanted to swap out leon for the longest time and siren, but I had nothing that would fit there at all. Got the blacksmith (needs more levels still), but I found he sparks for crap with the others and doesn't produce many crystals. Trying to spark with zegar is an exercise in frustration as well and he goes down if anything looks at him funny.

I'm still trying to build other viable teams though, since I can't control what I pull via gem or honor and mono team bias due to ore/stone and leader skill is hard to pass up. Yeah, I also have Atro, 2 alma, and Rameldria, but they aren't ready yet. I have squat for water really only having stya. Lightning is a similar joke with Zeln, Weiss, and Ezo. Earth I have god pike, Leore, Nemia. Dark is the more recent magress, mifune, and oboro.

So yeah, I think I'm going to get stuck soon. Managed to get into the champion teir at least though. /waves tiny flag

You have waaaaay better units than I do.

Note: On the other account I play, it also had better pulls in general. Dean, Sergio, Lorand, Selena (honor), dragoon (honor), Aem, Seifa. I fully expect that account to get farther than my first one in a much shorter amount of time.

Phades

What is the apperance rate like for most people of Gods in the Metal Dungeon? Is 2 appearances out of 20 runs considered normal?
I might see 1 in 8~9 overall. There are plenty of times where I don't see it, some times where I see it and fail to catch it
stupid ghost
. Usually I consider a good run on a parade consisting of at least 3 king captures. Anything above that is just gravy. Plenty of times i've went through it where I had nothing but the low end ghosts.

I might see 1 in 8~9 overall. There are plenty of times where I don't see it, some times where I see it and fail to catch it
stupid ghost
. Usually I consider a good run on a parade consisting of at least 3 king captures. Anything above that is just gravy. Plenty of times i've went through it where I had nothing but the low end ghosts.

I guess I'm not alone then. I just think it sucks. I would be happy if they lowered the drop rate on kings to increase the appearance rate of Gods. I'm sure they could work it out where the exp / run was about the same on average, but just seeing a god more frequently would be nice.

My better team is mostly fire. Lava, Lancia, Leon (ughn i know, but I have squat ready to replace him hence vargas getting pushed). I really wanted to swap out leon for the longest time and siren, but I had nothing that would fit there at all. Got the blacksmith (needs more levels still), but I found he sparks for crap with the others and doesn't produce many crystals. Trying to spark with zegar is an exercise in frustration as well and he goes down if anything looks at him funny.

I'm still trying to build other viable teams though, since I can't control what I pull via gem or honor and mono team bias due to ore/stone and leader skill is hard to pass up. Yeah, I also have Atro, 2 alma, and Rameldria, but they aren't ready yet. I have squat for water really only having stya. Lightning is a similar joke with Zeln, Weiss, and Ezo. Earth I have god pike, Leore, Nemia. Dark is the more recent magress, mifune, and oboro.

So yeah, I think I'm going to get stuck soon. Managed to get into the champion teir at least though. /waves tiny flag

You have waaaaay better units than I do.
Before I got my amazing units, which I pretty much got all around the same time in one amazing stroke of luck, I split my team between fire and lightning. The big reason for that was that, with the way the elements are set up, those two can handle each others' weaknesses (fire handles grass, and lightning handles water), negating the need for other types (which is actually why I think PAD is setup with only three main elements, so you can avoid this problem). My team was something like Lava/Agni/Eze/Alma/Maria. I know Alma doesn't fit all that well into what I was just saying, but I didn't have anything else, and at least she "could handle" (she really couldn't) dark monsters and give me another AOE that charges quickly. Even then, there was no use for green.

I guess if you have strong green and blue units, you can do something similar with them, but I just find red and yellow units to be stronger, in general.

Phades

Before I got my amazing units, which I pretty much got all around the same time in one amazing stroke of luck, I split my team between fire and lightning. The big reason for that was that, with the way the elements are set up, those two can handle each others' weaknesses (fire handles grass, and lightning handles water), negating the need for other types (which is actually why I think PAD is setup with only three main elements, so you can avoid this problem). My team was something like Lava/Agni/Eze/Alma/Maria. I know Alma doesn't fit all that well into what I was just saying, but I didn't have anything else, and at least she "could handle" (she really couldn't) dark monsters and give me another AOE that charges quickly. Even then, there was no use for green.

I guess if you have strong green and blue units, you can do something similar with them, but I just find red and yellow units to be stronger, in general.

My lightning units don't really jive at all with what I have on the fire side and/or would be mostly redundant (I can nearly keep the attack buff up against a boss the whole time as is). I have to swap teams if I know I am going up against water, there really isn't any hesitation really for that at all. If I had Amy or the archer, i'd reconsider that though.

Quest wise, I hit a wall in Cordellia and Ahmdal with the princess battle and the siren fights towards the end. Nothing I can do about it really at the moment. I'm doing a bit better in the arena with the addition of Lancia though. Unless my team is really stupid or I hit a light/dark death squad, I do alright. Much better than I was ~2 weeks ago.

This game seriously needs a dungeon for Dark and Light Totems.

I have been trying to get Dark Totems and so far I have found (1), meanwhile I keep running into Light Totems. I don't need Light Totems!

Must have done ~30 runs and only (1) Dark Totem to show for it.

I hate that they are the only Totems that are entirely random and come down to luck.

How strong should my team be before I start trying to do totem dungeons? If I've beaten the last boss of St. Lamia should I be strong enough for totem special dungeon?

Phades

The game is really good at giving you stuff you don't need now, but somehow might need a week or so from now. If you think in that frame of reference, it might not make you as mad...

Yeah, that's the titcket. /headdesk

I think I'm about to give up on The Wetlands. I've run the 20 stamina version 15+ times and no drops.

Is the drop rate better on Lv. 3?

Phades

I think I'm about to give up on The Wetlands. I've run the 20 stamina version 15+ times and no drops.

Level 3 = idols. If you are looking for idols that is what it is for.

Level 2 = spirits. They are random and the drop rate isn't great, but also not terrible.

Level 1 = nypmhs. Also random, but the drop rate is pretty decent.

Wetlands = magutagal wetlands? Then you are looking for water nypmhs. Run the level 1. For water spirits, instead of breeze beech you can also try Cordelica beneath the falls dungeon "beneath the cascade" map or level 2. Idols is level 3 or st lamia water maps (do the level 3).

Level 3 = idols. If you are looking for idols that is what it is for.

Level 2 = spirits. They are random and the drop rate isn't great, but also not terrible.

Level 1 = nypmhs. Also random, but the drop rate is pretty decent.

Wetlands = magutagal wetlands? Then you are looking for water nypmhs. Run the level 1. For water spirits, instead of breeze beech you can also try Cordelica beneath the falls dungeon "beneath the cascade" map or level 2. Idols is level 3 or st lamia water maps (do the level 3).

I'm referring to the special dungeon where Spark Kick Zeln drops.

Zeln Lv. 3 is pretty tough--much harder than Lv. 2. The guy basically fights like a Totem and either spams AOEs or takes a million turns every round, and all his hits can cause the broken sword status effect. I think he's on par with Atro Lv. 2.

Kreed

The wetlands drop rate has been terrible all around. I finally got him to drop last night on lvl 2, but I was doing lvl 3 and lvl 2 attempts since the event started. I actually got an Eze to drop during the attempts before seeing the boss drop.

Draxal

Artwork of six stars for the Loch Tier.

http://appinvasion.com/threads/new-artwork-of-6-dean-loch-edea-lorand.37166/

Patch is tomorrow for Global.

5 Star versions of the Mifune tier.
5 Star versions of the Shiida tier.
6 Star starters.
Rainbow leaders (they're not honestly that good since they cap at 12 cost and most top tier units are 15 cost).
Karl 3 team boss fight (don't think its doable by most gaffers for a while).

http://appinvasion.com/threads/brave-frontier-april-update-fb-video-lets-crack-this-thing.37171/

How hard is the 30 stamina weekend dungeon? I'm running out of Zel after evolving a bunch of stuff to four and 5 star, so I need some cash. I'm also sitting on 2 Jewel Keys. What gives the best Zel / stamina? Weekend dungeon or Jewel Key Dungeon?

How hard is the 30 stamina weekend dungeon? I'm running out of Zel after evolving a bunch of stuff to four and 5 star, so I need some cash. I'm also sitting on 2 Jewel Keys. What gives the best Zel / stamina? Weekend dungeon or Jewel Key Dungeon?

I've found weekend to be be better and don't find it too challenging. I usually run with II&Mina + BB increase rate (i.e. Aem) and it's pretty easy. I take two healers, but rarely need both.

6 Star starters.
Rainbow leaders (they're not honestly that good since they cap at 12 cost and most top tier units are 15 cost).

http://appinvasion.com/threads/brave-frontier-april-update-fb-video-lets-crack-this-thing.37171/
How does the 3-team fight work? You have to set up 3 teams for it and switch, a la FF6? Or do you borrow your friends' teams?

Phades

Unless you capture a god in the weekend event, the jewel key will be more efficient for your energy use and time spent in the dungeon. The weekend event is far better account exp though (more than double the energy to exp ratio). The weekend event isn't hard at all really, just slower fights due to mob populations and health counts. The last fight has things like upgraded sylphs and rantoul guarding the god, but they aren't that hard.

With the weekend event, you are getting 3k per regular jewel mob + whatever misc cash pops while fighting normally with the bonus of having a chance to capture the mob (really low cap rate). If you cap the god, you are basically doubling your money for that run. With the jewel keys, you are capping something every round and getting the fixed cash drops from the kills while retaining the identical appearance rate of kings/gods as the metal parade dungeon.

I've found the jewel keys to be good for midweek "oops I burned out of cash too fast" due to evolutions, while the weekend ones are what I plan for to try and carry me through the week since the account exp push is much better and doesn't shoe horn me into trying to aim it near an account level up for maximum efficientcy.

Phades

After a certain point, the only thing you really want out of the honor summons are evolution components and metals/jewels anyhow. I think it is really a shame that they designed it that way.

What are you looking for exactly?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

6 Star starters.

Not following your comment on rainbow leaders - why aren't they good?

is it the best time to use honor summons because of jewel/metal increased rates?

got 28 rolls saved up.

IMO yes. I only use them when the rates are up. Metals and Jewels seem to be the only thing useful out of the Honor Summon right now (outside of the rare occasion of a starter coming out).

This event seems slightly down from others. I pulled 2 gods, 3 kings and about 5 ghosts in 24 pulls.

Draxal

How does the 3-team fight work? You have to set up 3 teams for it and switch, a la FF6? Or do you borrow your friends' teams?

It costs 50 energy and you choose up to fifteen of your units using double your allowed cost. You get one friend unit, and use that the entire time (and II and Mina is by far the preferred choice for this as he spams status attacks); and one set of items.

Once each of your teams dies you automatically switch to the next one. There's a guide you kinda have to follow as his pattern is predictable if you know it.

Not following your comment on rainbow leaders - why aren't they good?

Kikuri/Loch/Sefia/Dean/Aisha/ II Mina each have a cost of 15 at their max evolution, while the rainbow leaders have a max cost of 12 like the Alice/Will/Lava tier. The higher the max cost; the more stat allowance they get.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Kikuri/Loch/Sefia/Dean each have a cost of 15 at their max evolution, while the rainbow leaders have a max cost of 12 like the Alice/Will/Lava tier. The higher the max cost; the more stat allowance they get.

Ah, but that's okay with me. The main benefit of these rainbow leaders is to allow us to form rainbow teams. I'm okay if the leader is a bit less powerful.

wish we could trade stuff, have 4 fire idols but no fire dudes.

What can you even do when you face more than 1 idol? Is there some burst skill good against aoe spam? >.<

Shouta

Finally got Zeln. Had to go all green and just kill him fast otherwise he was just giving me crap with his lightning >=|

wish we could trade stuff, have 4 fire idols but no fire dudes.

What can you even do when you face more than 1 idol? Is there some burst skill good against aoe spam? >.<

I usually go with 2 healers in my group. If both your leaders have a skill which greatly increases your BB gauge fill-up rate, then I would think it would be enough to heal through everything. Especially if you have a few "oh shit" items, like Fujin Potions, Divine Light, etc on hand.

MicH

I finally got Zeln to drop. Man, I had so much trouble getting him! Mine is Oracle and I got him from the 20 stamina dungeon.

Glad to finally have him.

Draxal

Ah, but that's okay with me. The main benefit of these rainbow leaders is to allow us to form rainbow teams. I'm okay if the leader is a bit less powerful.

I play rainbow myself (because Dark Idols hate me); I just think Aisha is just a superior rainbow leader/unit; and once unlocked in FH Seria will be better as well. I just kinda would avoid splurging now for them as they only come in 4/5 star variety and wait for the following batch of units.

Phades

When I first started doing idols, I think I had to land an attack break on them in order to ensure I didn't have someone die on me during the fight.

The power curve of this game is kind of weird.

It also makes me think about the 6 idols wave in frontier hunter. The first time I saw it, I thought I was hosed (recalling back to when I started doing idols), but it didn't turn out to be all that bad.

Top Bottom