• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

I hate how easy it is to accidentally use 5 gems on a rare summon when trying to do an honor summon. It's like the hitbox on the arrow is intentionally fucked. This is the second time I've done it.

I finally started to get some drops from the event yesterday. Got Atro (Lord) on second try. Managed to grab Eze (Breaker). He was really stubborn for me and took 7 tries total. Already have Selena, so I'm saving my stamina up now for Vargas. Hopefully I can grab him quickly so I still have some left over for Magress.

I managed to get a [Lord] Atro yesterday after my 3rd try.
Meanwhile, I tried getting Selena 6 times but no luck. Frustrating.

I already have Vargas since day 1, and Magress, Lance, and Eze from honor summoning.

Shouta

Picked up an Oracle Atro last night. Couldn't get an Eze at all though. =( I've got my Selena to Ice goddess already too.

How rare are Blood Pelts and Guardian Eyes from farming in Morgan? Is it a super low drop rate? Should i just wait for the Friday dungeon?

blackflag

I can't figure out how to gift stuff to people. When I choose something it just says I have no friends to send gifts to...but I have a bunch of friends.

In better news, I got the healer tree yesterday and evolved it to 4 star. Now I just need like 5 levels and an idol to get it to 5 star. Not sure how best to incorporate it. Looks like it needs to be a leader really

Lockon

I thought Magress' dungeon should be on right now? I really want him.

So far I got: Selena (Lord) and Eze (Anima). Already have Vargas (starter), Atro (honor summon). Couldn't get Lance for some reason...ran about 5-7 times, no dice.

I thought Magress' dungeon should be on right now? I really want him.

So far I got: Selena (Lord) and Eze (Anima). Already have Vargas (starter), Atro (honor summon). Couldn't get Lance for some reason...ran about 5-7 times, no dice.

The ingame clock uses PST, but we're in DST. Magress will be up in 20 minutes.

Yes! Just grabbed Anima Vargas with my last 15 stamina and 11 minutes to go! I swear the RNG in this game is coded to be dramatic/suspenseful.

Just logged in to see Rarity 8 daily log in, and one of the options is a gem. If things are truly random, that means a person should average about 3 gems per month from Rarity 8 (+ whatever Rarity 9 offers, which is an every 4th day replacement for 8 if I understand it right).

7 tries on 15 stam Magress and nothing :/ That sucks

I ran 15 stam Magress 10 times with nothing, lol. I got Vargas and Atro though, so it's all good. Not to mention a metal king almost every time.

Been running the Spark Kick Zeln 20 stam trying to get him. 0/5 so far :( i wonder how rare it is.

One thing that still bothers me though, and IMO this game's biggest flaw, is the unit design. It's just very generic. Not the artstyle, but the attributes. There's a grand total of like 5 different leader skills in the game with the only variance being the element. It's super bland. There's no units that you can really build entire strategies around. Who gives a shit about getting X when W, Y, and Z are basically the same unit

Phades

Couldn't get selena at all. Meh oh well. I have most of the rest though, so when I get other units I can round out teams with them.

The last(?) daily bar popped for me. There is a gem on it along with metal/jewel gods, spirit stone, divine light, etc. So more gems through continous play/login is possible. I'm not sure if it is going to recycle though after a couple more pulls or not.

It is good that they extended the totem availability. That would have sucked to be forced to try and blitz through that only on thursday for the level up event. The event has been really good for prepping though in general. I just need more metal keys...

MicH

I ran 15 stam Magress 10 times with nothing, lol. I got Vargas and Atro though, so it's all good. Not to mention a metal king almost every time.

Been running the Spark Kick Zeln 20 stam trying to get him. 0/5 so far :( i wonder how rare it is.
Ouch :( Damn you Magress! I did manage to get everyone else. Everyone except Selena on my first try. I got super lucky.

I've been trying to get Zeln as well. About 7 or 8 tries on the 10 stam one so far with no drop

The last(?) daily bar popped for me. There is a gem on it along with metal/jewel gods, spirit stone, divine light, etc. So more gems through continous play/login is possible. I'm not sure if it is going to recycle though after a couple more pulls or not.

Is it known whether or not it's truly random or if it cheats? Ive never gotten metal or jewel gods. My new strategy is going to be to choose the same square every time (bottom left). That should expose any kind of imbalance in the randomness.

Phades

Is it known whether or not it's truly random or if it cheats? Ive never gotten metal or jewel gods. My new strategy is going to be to choose the same square every time (bottom left). That should expose any kind of imbalance in the randomness.

No idea. I've pulled gods/kings a reasonable amount of times. Although I am doubling my attempts via 2 accounts. Sometimes I've noticed that if I do the pulls close together in time that the positions don't change, so I'm not sure.

One thing that still bothers me though, and IMO this game's biggest flaw, is the unit design. It's just very generic. Not the artstyle, but the attributes. There's a grand total of like 5 different leader skills in the game with the only variance being the element. It's super bland. There's no units that you can really build entire strategies around. Who gives a shit about getting X when W, Y, and Z are basically the same unit

The healers matter in this way though, but since there are only 3 that stand out in this way, it is kind of a let down. Units like Stya seem like a step in the right direction with the does damage with crystal boost and (if leader) increased charge rate making her a battery of sorts (crystal distribution aside). Other units add status effects as well, it just comes down to where and which really. The only real variation is when and how the unit attacks and ease of spark combo with other units. For example, Captain mega would be a lot better if his attacks weren't so slow and spaced out making sparks more reliable. Other units are more interesting because of things like this, like mifune (ignoring his other deficientcies) who compresses his hits into a very short space that begs to be paired with someone who has a long and drawn out attack/series of hits.

Draxal

They get more adventurous with the newer units that have been released in Japan, but not nearly as different as P&D. The main variance is between unit defences (not one shared hp in PandD) and spark potential Combos. Part of what makes Kikuri so good is that she's so incredibly easy to spark and combo with, where somebody like Lava is much much harder.

No idea. I've pulled gods/kings a reasonable amount of times. Although I am doubling my attempts via 2 accounts. Sometimes I've noticed that if I do the pulls close together in time that the positions don't change, so I'm not sure.

I am pretty sure that the daily login bonus is not actually based on your choice of the 9.

I say this because the server was bugged one day and it would crash to desktop after I selected a prize but before it registered to give it to me.

Every single time I logged in, I'd get the same prize. Regardless of which square I picked.

And if it's not based on the square you pick, that's when it starts becoming feasible that the %s aren't even, and instead could be a curve.

I am pretty sure that the daily login bonus is not actually based on your choice of the 9.

I say this because the server was bugged one day and it would crash to desktop after I selected a prize but before it registered to give it to me.

Every single time I logged in, I'd get the same prize. Regardless of which square I picked.

And if it's not based on the square you pick, that's when it starts becoming feasible that the %s aren't even, and instead could be a curve.

It's possible it's based on time of day, so that for example if 10 people pull at the same exact time, they get the same item no matter which square they click. The rest of the squares are then just filled with random stuff.

Shouta

yeah, I only got Atro this weekend because of how much Stamina it ate. I'm also lacking in the Ghost/Kings/Gods to evolve them up atm, lol.

Phades

Isn't that a tie in to the server state rewinds that can happen, like when you crash out of a dungeon? Once the server polls and updates, it will always put the same result in. Then again, I have no idea what is going on under the hood for this...

It would make more sense to run the randomization and auto fill though. It wouldn't be much different than how the town produces resources per click. You get pretty much the same quantity of stuff, but the order changes periodically. Only really noticed this after my inventory became full basically and have to stop to futz with things when I hit something that isn't what I need to work with (green vs red or blue drops/angel tears for example).

I just encountered Warrior Eze in the dungeon for Spark Kick Zeln. He didn't drop, but I guess in theory it's possible to get him there? Wasn't aware of that.

Lockon

I just encountered Warrior Eze in the dungeon for Spark Kick Zeln. He didn't drop, but I guess in theory it's possible to get him there? Wasn't aware of that.

Yes, you can get him there. Only on lv. 2 & 3 though. The same applies to other elements (ex. Can get magress on oboro).

Phades

Personally, I think it would have been more interesting if they just tweaked the appearance rate of the weekly dungeons for the starter heros and uppded the cap rate as well. Make it like a 2 for 1 special.

Draxal

I've gotten a Magress and Vargas from those dungeons.

Man, just saw a vid of getting the miracle totem needed for 6 star promotions ... Very few players are going to be able to do it right away without gemming.

I've gotten a Magress and Vargas from those dungeons.

Man, just saw a vid of getting the miracle totem needed for 6 star promotions ... Very few players are going to be able to do it right away without gemming.

IMO they need some much stronger damage reduction leader skills in this game. They need leaders with at least 25% damage reduction. Something like that would open up some new strategies for these types of things.

Isn't that a tie in to the server state rewinds that can happen, like when you crash out of a dungeon? Once the server polls and updates, it will always put the same result in. Then again, I have no idea what is going on under the hood for this...

It's possible, but why even make me select it again? Just send it to my presents box. I can see the rollback for missions because you might want to see all the results screens. There is no difference here.

And it definitely shows that they have the code in place to put the items in the 9 slots after the click, instead of before.

Phades

It's possible, but why even make me select it again? Just send it to my presents box.
Lack of code logic? I dunno. Half the time the game doesn't even update properly after making the selection in the first place, which makes it appear that there are seperate processes running and regulating each aspect individually.

For example, you can get "daily" rewards like the honor point distributions without having to log out/log back into the game. They just happen automatically, but don't always appear until you go into the box. This is in contrast to the award "selection" pop up, that only appears immediately following the news screen closure and before it allows you to do anything else. To me, it would have just made more sense to make that a submenu under the gifts box and as you exit the selection pop up you immediately return to the gift box menu to collect the prize.

Then again, the game lacks item/unit limit logic caps for attempting quests, but adheres to it strictly when doling out newly generated items/gifts for whatever reason so I dunno why A would make sense in situation B, but not C as seen within the title in a few different areas already.

I would love to see a mechanic in this game where your energy refresh time decreases every time you level. It can be very slifght, for example -2 seconds on your energy refresh time with every level. In P&D I got up to about Level 150, and you have so much energy at that point that when you burn through a whole bar of energy, you can't recover a full bar for like 2 whole days. i really hated that, and it looks like this game is going to end up being the same. As you get stronger, the time to recover that energy should go down, but not enough to make it overpowered.

Phades

I would love to see a mechanic in this game where your energy refresh time decreases every time you level. It can be very slifght, for example -2 seconds on your energy refresh time with every level. In P&D I got up to about Level 150, and you have so much energy at that point that when you burn through a whole bar of energy, you can't recover a full bar for like 2 whole days. i really hated that, and it looks like this game is going to end up being the same. As you get stronger, the time to recover that energy should go down, but not enough to make it overpowered.

I'm actually suprised that there isn't a karma purchase in the home town that does something to that effect. I mean, there is a limit to how much you can level up stuff there and nothing I am aware of to sink karma into (other than orbs, but you don't mass produce those anyhow...) once they are built up to max. This pretty much invalidates the karma dungeon entirely after a certain point that this realization is made.

Draxal

I'm actually suprised that there isn't a karma purchase in the home town that does something to that effect. I mean, there is a limit to how much you can level up stuff there and nothing I am aware of to sink karma into (other than orbs, but you don't mass produce those anyhow...) once they are built up to max. This pretty much invalidates the karma dungeon entirely after a certain point that this realization is made.

You will want to save up karma, as the the sphere is going to get a lot of upgrades (including an upgraded masamune). Heard it's around 5 million to fully upgrade it over what's in game now. As for the fh, my guys were to underleveled last time to do anything but barely scrape by mid. I don't know of any fh changes, but i haven't looked into it too much.

Phades

What is the best guesstimate towards when that stuff will get implemented?

5 million does sound like a lot, but everything I have pending is in the 100~200k range for a single (and likely final) step. Added together passes a million most likely.

I mean, it does sound like a big number and all, but new dungeons get released with better reward ratios and folks will be doing those anyhow. I just don't see the point since it will just scale with natural progression basically and is just an extention of the built in inflation nature of the title in general.

Still, it seems a tad redundant to drop that much resource on an item that starts out inherently worse than the angelic foil anyhow.... I guess I'm just hung up on what appears to be a fundamental design flaw.

Draxal

What is the best guesstimate towards when that stuff will get implemented?

5 million does sound like a lot, but everything I have pending is in the 100~200k range for a single (and likely final) step. Added together passes a million most likely.

I mean, it does sound like a big number and all, but new dungeons get released with better reward ratios and folks will be doing those anyhow. I just don't see the point since it will just scale with natural progression basically and is just an extention of the built in inflation nature of the title in general.

Still, it seems a tad redundant to drop that much resource on an item that starts out inherently worse than the angelic foil anyhow.... I guess I'm just hung up on what appears to be a fundamental design flaw.

My bad, its 5 million to upgrade the sphere hut to max and not the weapon itself.

So, after yesterday, I ended up with all the starters, except for Selena. I even tossed a gem at her dungeon and still came up with nothing.

Then today, she comes out of Honor Summon. I could've saved a gem.

harrytang

wow, so much about to happen in this game. I thought i was burning stam this weekend but it looks like things are really about to go nuts. thank you gaf for posting about this game. never would have found it otherwise.

6* units

karl

new spheres and synthesis potions

miracle totems

brave front global exclusive unit - appears to be dark princess with huge gun

Phades

So, after yesterday, I ended up with all the starters, except for Selena. I even tossed a gem at her dungeon and still came up with nothing.

Then today, she comes out of Honor Summon. I could've saved a gem.

Sometimes, I think the game does that sort of thing on purpose. I was wasting so much energy last week trying to get 1 water spirit. A couple days worth in fact of spawns (sometimes multiple in the same trip) and no drop, then one just pops out of the honor summons randomly. It just seems far too coincidental.

Another 4 runs of Wetlands, another 0 drops. :( I think I've run this dungeon probably 15 times now with no drops.

In other news of shit drops, what the hell is up with the Metal King dungeons? Out of my past 20 runs, I've seen a grand total of 2 Gods. That's complete shit. Is it like this for everyone, or am I just on a bad streak? On the other hand, I get a ton of Kings. The last run I did I got FIVE kings. one on every round. I think the developers don't understand the notion of a carrot on a stick. The king rate is way too high, and the god rate is way too low. You should at least *see* a god every 2-3 runs, minimum.

Top Bottom