• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Draxal

Seals and Pots are so helpful against idols in the beginning.

Lack of seals is why I would avoid rainbow teams (except for FH).

When I first started doing idols, I think I had to land an attack break on them in order to ensure I didn't have someone die on me during the fight.

The power curve of this game is kind of weird.

It also makes me think about the 6 idols wave in frontier hunter. The first time I saw it, I thought I was hosed (recalling back to when I started doing idols), but it didn't turn out to be all that bad.
Yeah, it's crazy. I also had to use Agni to either poison them or attack break them.

Now, when I fight them, their AOEs barely tick my HP bars.

Totems still hurt, though. Hopefully one day they'll become easy, too.

blackflag

What kind of team should I use with God Tree Eltri, I got him as a 3 star and now he's 5.

I've been using him on a random team but it still works good. I have several good thunder guys and if I start leveling them I have some good green as well.

Green
God Tree Eltri
Edea
Twins II & Mina
Boxer Nemia

Fire
Fire Knight Lava
Burning Vargas
Knight Agni

Water
Ice Mage Deen
Siren

Thunder
Bolt Knight Amy (fully levelled and ready to evolve, just need a couple more unit points)
Great Falcon Tiz
Behemoth
Emilia

Light
Champion Aem
Sunshine Luna

Dark
Necromancer Lemia

Yeah, it's crazy. I also had to use Agni to either poison them or attack break them.

Feels so good when that hard work pays off and you can actually see the results. After farming/crafting/leveling/capturing all week, I was finally able to tackle the totem dungeons. Managed to clear the fire and thunder ones on my first try! They are definitely tough to fight... So much HP! But running a mono-element team with Elimo and seals/ores really made a difference.

Now it's back to farming idols.... Ugh...

Phades

What kind of team should I use with God Tree Eltri, I got him as a 3 star and now he's 5.

I've been using him on a random team but it still works good. I have several good thunder guys and if I start leveling them I have some good green as well.

Green
God Tree Eltri
Edea
Twins II & Mina
Boxer Nemia

Fire
Fire Knight Lava
Burning Vargas
Knight Agni

Water
Ice Mage Deen
Siren

Thunder
Bolt Knight Amy (fully levelled and ready to evolve, just need a couple more unit points)
Great Falcon Tiz
Behemoth
Emilia

Light
Champion Aem
Sunshine Luna

Dark
Necromancer Lemia

Umm well. You could use Aem as lead to supply the Tree with more BB every turn to help heal and clear status effects. Dean is a solid choice as is Amy and both serve a different purpose. If you bring Amy, you probably won't need to bring Nemia since it would be double coverage for the status effects. Nemia is signifigantly easier to kill anyhow. Siren isn't the best unit out there, but she does enable the non-element biased defense/crit buff (defense being more important in general). Emelia's paralysis is useful too, but limited in what it actually lands on.

With the units listed, there isn't a whole lot of synergy going on there really. The tree is good, but can be rendered redundant with 2&mina alongside another good healer (if you had one). It is a tough call really.

6 star units should trivialize Totems for everyone. Of course as always there's the problem of getting to 6* units when you need Totems to get there (barring some real luck from the Rare Summon door anyway).

blackflag

Umm well. You could use Aem as lead to supply the Tree with more BB every turn to help heal and clear status effects. Dean is a solid choice as is Amy and both serve a different purpose. If you bring Amy, you probably won't need to bring Nemia since it would be double coverage for the status effects. Nemia is signifigantly easier to kill anyhow. Siren isn't the best unit out there, but she does enable the non-element biased defense/crit buff (defense being more important in general). Emelia's paralysis is useful too, but limited in what it actually lands on.

With the units listed, there isn't a whole lot of synergy going on there really. The tree is good, but can be rendered redundant with 2&mina alongside another good healer (if you had one). It is a tough call really.

Hmm ok, I was thinking the tree needed to be leader to help heal.

Phades

Well it is after 6am PST (according to their clocks which are 2 hours off) and they are still under maintenence, so Burny must have really been mad again and burnt the whole thing down.

Phades

Hmm ok, I was thinking the tree needed to be leader to help heal.

The boost in healing from the leader skill is entirely dependant on getting heart crystals to drop and the boost isn't that big. You will get a better payout in healing from additional uses of the BB skill by putting AEM in lead.

If you had things like the omni gizmo and a unit with a lot of hits, you could produce more crystals, but their distribution is random so you would end up using a lot of potions anyhow as you watched the boosted health crystals routinely go to the unit that only lost ~1hp instead of the guy that really needed it. In general pick skills that help you use your BB or kill the enemy faster, since both of those lead to fewer bad guys hitting you back reducing the damage you take ultimately.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's back up for me...

Some of the text for the new trial is still in Japanese. Guess they were in a rush.

depths20XX

I've been playing this game for a week or so, but I have no idea what most people are talking about in this thread.

I got some keys for the metal dungeon. What exactly is that, and should I use them?

Should I be using weak units for fusing or just selling them? It seems like they are really expensive and give little xp in fusion. So I should just be using mimics for fusing?

It's back up for me...

Some of the text for the new trial is still in Japanese. Guess they were in a rush.

Their patcher is bad, and when it fails to fully work you get foreign languages.

I highly recommend uninstalling and re-installing, which usually makes the bad stuff(tm) go away.

Kreed

I've been playing this game for a week or so, but I have no idea what most people are talking about in this thread.

I got some keys for the metal dungeon. What exactly is that, and should I use them?

Should I be using weak units for fusing or just selling them? It seems like they are really expensive and give little xp in fusion. So I should just be using mimics for fusing?

The metal dungeon is a dungeon in the vortex that has Metal Ghosts/Kings/Gods which give large amounts of XP (especially if you use ghosts of the same element). You use the key to unlock the dungeon in the vortex for 1 hour, after the hour is up the dungeon is locked again and you have to use another key.

Once the weak units stop providing good xp for your level, just sell them. Mimics/Evo items provide "ok" XP early on, but you should be getting most of your XP from the Metal Dungeon.

New stuff definitely up.

50 Energy to challenge Karl
50 Energy to challenge Ruins of Miracle.

I expected something like this but ouch. Have to wait to get home to challenge them.

Yes lawd! You can now see how much exp you need to hit the next summoner level. Just hold your finger over your stats in the main menu PAD-style.

MicH

Just had an excellent Metal run! Two Gods!!

EXnVnx5.jpg

Draxal

New stuff definitely up.

50 Energy to challenge Karl
50 Energy to challenge Ruins of Miracle.

I expected something like this but ouch. Have to wait to get home to challenge them.

Miracle is alot easier than Karl (plus you can get on it). Karl you can't get at all it's hard without a mono lightning team + II mina friend.

The sphere and synthesis upgrades are in game now as well.

I keep getting an "Unexpected error has occurred" error when I open the app. Anyone ever had this before? I hope my game data isn't corrupted @.@

blackflag

The boost in healing from the leader skill is entirely dependant on getting heart crystals to drop and the boost isn't that big. You will get a better payout in healing from additional uses of the BB skill by putting AEM in lead.

If you had things like the omni gizmo and a unit with a lot of hits, you could produce more crystals, but their distribution is random so you would end up using a lot of potions anyhow as you watched the boosted health crystals routinely go to the unit that only lost ~1hp instead of the guy that really needed it. In general pick skills that help you use your BB or kill the enemy faster, since both of those lead to fewer bad guys hitting you back reducing the damage you take ultimately.

Thanks. I tried this last night and it did work better. My complaint before was always about the randomness of heart drops and the randomness of who gets them. I was able to do much better by putting Champion Aem in the lead and using the tree's heal more often.

I guess I was thinking of it how I used to play P&D

Update it from the Google Play Store/Kindle Store/IOS store instead of the ingame patcher.

Thanks, I got in. Weren't we supposed to get the rewards from the Evolution event today? Like the Metal Gods and kings for evolving to 4 and 5 star units? I don't see anything.

so burst boost skills like from the ninja is preferrable over 50% damage increase of element?

anyone try miracles yet? How much harder is it than totems?

commish

So i challenged the Miracle level. The boss just kept spamming explosion. My team is pretty strong (max kiks, sef and alice and a tree healer) but there's no way I can heal through 2+ explosions every round plus a few normal attacks. Guess I shouldn't bring a mostly dark team :p Anyway, I beat him by spending a gem since i'd get a gem upon completion anyways.

Thanks, I got in. Weren't we supposed to get the rewards from the Evolution event today? Like the Metal Gods and kings for evolving to 4 and 5 star units? I don't see anything.

server = pounded.

how can you take away everyone's crack and then give it back to them all at the same time?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just did miracle totems.

Nobody on my team even got to half, it was pretty easy.

Probably even easier once I max out my units.

Draxal

So i challenged the Miracle level. The boss just kept spamming explosion. My team is pretty strong (max kiks, sef and alice and a tree healer) but there's no way I can heal through 2+ explosions every round plus a few normal attacks. Guess I shouldn't bring a mostly dark team :p Anyway, I beat him by spending a gem since i'd get a gem upon completion anyways.

Mostly dark is recommended since he's weak to dark and attacks every unit with their weakest element.

Just need to use seals ores and get lucky.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
how they compare to the other totems?

what do you even get in that dungeon? What do you need to fuse 6 stars?

It's more AOE spam than totems. The hard part is it can choose any element at random. He did 2 water AOEs on my fire squad and luckily I had a seal up. I think anybody with units below 4500hp are going to have a bad time.

You need 1 miracle totem, 1 totem, 1 idol, 1 nymph, 1 spirit + 500k zel to go to 6*.

So are you saying they're coming later? Because the original event announcement said they would be in our boxes after the maintenance today. Did anyone get anything?

well, they did said it was a contest, not a sure thing. So you have to have first met the conditions, and THEN be one of the choosen ones

commish

Mostly dark is recommended since he's weak to dark and attacks every unit with their weakest element.

Oh, did not know that about attacking each with their weakness. He's manageable until he does multiple AOEs in a round. Then it's hard to defend. I didn't have any seals/ores with me, didn't know what to expect!

So are you saying they're coming later? Because the original event announcement said they would be in our boxes after the maintenance today. Did anyone get anything?

It usually takes a few hours to a few days for rewards to roll out, this is normal.

And they did not say this was a contest, everyone who participated will get what they earned.

What are the best and worst unit types for 5 star units? It seems like everyone likes Breakers and Guardians and hates Oracles, is that about right?

Draxal

What are the best and worst unit types for 5 star units? It seems like everyone likes Breakers and Guardians and hates Oracles, is that about right?

Anima is usually the best, unless a unit has piss poor recovery. Magress is the best example of this, where oracle actually benefits him. This is only for pve though, as an Anima Magress is good in Arena.

Anima is usually the best, unless a unit has piss poor recovery. Magress is the best example of this, where oracle actually benefits him. This is only for pve though, as an Anima Magress is good in Arena.

Is it possible for the unit type to change when evolving, or will it always stay the same?

Phades

I'm starting to wonder if there will ever be a time where dark isn't preferable over basically everything else.

nasos_333

Like a turn based JRPG with your characters on one side, and the enemies on the other. You tap the characters portrait for them to attack, and if you time their attacks correctly you can gain damage boosts, every character also has their own brave burst(limit break) that is specific for each.

Is there any connection to Bravely Default ?

Draxal

Is it possible for the unit type to change when evolving, or will it always stay the same?

Minute chance although it happened to a gaffer's Kikuri earlier.

I'm starting to wonder if there will ever be a time where dark isn't preferable over basically everything else.

Its definitely the favored element overall but no in element healer (unless you count Alice's sbb in the couple) of patches.

And oh god, the pain that farming Dark Totems (and light totems).

Also for Karl, you definitely want a strong mono lightning team to do the brunt of the work.

Phades

Minute chance although it happened to a gaffer's Kikuri earlier.

Its definitely the favored element overall but no in element healer (unless you count Alice's sbb in the couple) of patches.

And oh god, the pain that farming Dark Totems (and light totems).

Also for Karl, you definitely want a strong mono lightning team to do the brunt of the work.

That just makes it sound like there is a bit of developer bias pushing it for rarity reasons (never mind light units having the same issues).

Karl just sounds like he will be no dice for me for a long time. My lightning stuff as a whole is cringe worthy, but not as bad as my dark.

Top Bottom