• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

I don't have healers, so that might be the biggest problem...

I actually managed to beat it this morning with Seals, Ores and Divine Lights. Barely got through with a Kikuri friend that was the only alive character at the end, and pulled it off.. I was freaking out a bit :)

I think I should level my synthesis more because I can't craft Fujin Potions yet - I get Divine Lights from the daily bonus mostly - I was focuing on leveling my spheres, but I think the Synthesis is probably a better idea right now.

Wow no healers? Get some, you've probably been throwing away a ton. Claris, Merith, etc all have good stats when maxed and will take you far. I run with either Claris and Merith or Claris and Mimir, depending on the element of the dungeon. Their BB gauges fill up fast, and cylcing 2 heals on your party gives you a huge amount of survivability. In fact, I even beat the same dungeon you were referring to earlier (the vampire boss one) before I had a single 4* unit, just because of heals.

can bosses be poisoned? I believe someone mentioned it earlier for totems, but i've still never ever poisoned one before and i have 2 dudes with the shiv.

is skill bracer worth having? Does having more than 1 have any benefit?

TimeKillr

Wow no healers? Get some, you've probably been throwing away a ton. Claris, Merith, etc all have good stats when maxed and will take you far. I run with either Claris and Merith or Claris and Mimir, depending on the element of the dungeon. Their BB gauges fill up fast, and cylcing 2 heals on your party gives you a huge amount of survivability. In fact, I even beat the same dungeon you were referring to earlier (the vampire boss one) before I had a single 4* unit, just because of heals.

Yeah a Mimir and a Merith just dropped so I'm going to evolve and level them. I figure it's really going to help.

I also have an Aem, so I figure if I put him as my leader their skills are going to be up quite often, which should really help. I'll give that shot a try!

Today was the first day of my daily login bonus being 8 bars, and for my very first item I was rewarded with a gem! Felt good to finally get something useful from the daily login bonus.

I wish they'd hurry up and give out the rewards for the evolution event. I'm expecting the max reward of 5 Metal Gods and 2 Metal Kings, and I'm itching to dump them all into my new 5 star unit and hopefully max him out.

I wish they'd hurry up and give out the rewards for the evolution event. I'm expecting the max reward of 5 Metal Gods and 2 Metal Kings, and I'm itching to dump them all into my new 5 star unit and hopefully max him out.

Yes! I am fiending for those rewards! My Goddess Emilia is starving for some good exp.

Yeah a Mimir and a Merith just dropped so I'm going to evolve and level them. I figure it's really going to help.

I also have an Aem, so I figure if I put him as my leader their skills are going to be up quite often, which should really help. I'll give that shot a try!

2 healers + AEM makes it very hard to die. I rarely use both of them (one is a Phoenix).

can bosses be poisoned? I believe someone mentioned it earlier for totems, but i've still never ever poisoned one before and i have 2 dudes with the shiv.

is skill bracer worth having? Does having more than 1 have any benefit?
Yes, bosses can be hit by status ailments, but they're highly resistant, and it's rare. I've never landed one on a totem before, by the way, but I have hit some of the special dungeon bosses with Poison, Curse, and brokensworditis (I don't know what that one is called) on occasion.

Elimo is the best healer currently in the game.

The lightning healer in an upcoming patch and Tilith from FH are the only ones that will trump her.

yeah elimo is great... but fuck does he have one annoying attack animation :mad:

And stat wise he ain't that great, so having 2 will definitely impact my dps. I think ill get rid of my hades though, his bb kinda sucks and mine is too squishy. waste too many pots keeping his ass alive :(

i think the most frustrating thing atm for me is, well summoner level. i want all these new dudes, but im severely limited by my squad cost. I have the mat to evolve 2 of my 4 stars to 5, but im barely holding together my current party, i need like 10 more cost... (currently almost 37).

i guess i should be doing story quests stuff lol. barely started on st lamia stages >.<

yeah elimo is great... but fuck does he have one annoying attack animation :mad:

It's got an annoying gap between the tap and the attack, but the attack itself is awesome, because it does a bunch of hits in a very short amount of time making it great for sparking.

During Frontier Hunter I practiced until I got the timing down.

Now doing the tap <beat> tap tap tap tap tap is second nature, and she helps me spark like crazy.

Phades

And stat wise he ain't that great, so having 2 will definitely impact my dps. I think ill get rid of my hades though, his bb kinda sucks and mine is too squishy. waste too many pots keeping his ass alive :(

i think the most frustrating thing atm for me is, well summoner level. i want all these new dudes, but im severely limited by my squad cost. I have the mat to evolve 2 of my 4 stars to 5, but im barely holding together my current party, i need like 10 more cost... (currently almost 37).

i guess i should be doing story quests stuff lol. barely started on st lamia stages >.<
Less metal/jewel parades and more quests will probably be good for your account exp. Doing the level 3 stuff or things in the 25~30 energy range are good too.

If you are burning through your energy every few hours, you should be leveling up fairly regularly.

I just beat Lico Lv. 3 again, and it was a lot less painful this time. I think the trick for me was to equip Holy Crown (BB gauge fills sometimes when you get hit) on my healer (World Tree Eltri, Guardian) and then defend every turn. From there, I always had enough healing to go around when I needed it.

What's the drop rate of Blood Pelts if I do the Level 2 Friday dungeon? I need 1 more Blood Pelt for a Muramasa, and I can't decide if it's more efficient to do the Friday dungeon or some of the dungeons in Morgan / Cordelica hoping for a boss drop. I can get like 3 runs of a regular dungeon in for the same energy cost as 1 run of the Friday dungeon.

What's the drop rate of Blood Pelts if I do the Level 2 Friday dungeon? I need 1 more Blood Pelt for a Muramasa, and I can't decide if it's more efficient to do the Friday dungeon or some of the dungeons in Morgan / Cordelica hoping for a boss drop. I can get like 3 runs of a regular dungeon in for the same energy cost as 1 run of the Friday dungeon.

I've done 4 runs today and only got one so far. :(

I think only the Pegasus drops it in that mission if I'm not mistaken? I only managed to fight him as the end boss for one of my runs. I just need one more... I would also like to know if it's more efficient to run a regular mission. Don't have Thief Bracer yet.

I've done 4 runs today and only got one so far. :(

I think only the Pegasus drops it in that mission if I'm not mistaken? I only managed to fight him as the end boss for one of my runs. I just need one more... I would also like to know if it's more efficient to run a regular mission. Don't have Thief Bracer yet.

It might be able to drop from everything. The wiki says that only Sky Boss Grafl and Head Bandit Zaza drop the Guardian Eye, but i just got a Guardian Eye from the Zahhak boss. Haven't seen a Pegasus as the boss yet.

Amon37

With the 6 star evos and other large creatures its like I cant even see what my characters look like anymore. Its just a meld of sprites.

Has anyone else been noticing that the music just abruptly stops playing in certain areas? In Blood Forest (St. Lamia), every time I play a stage there, after a couple minutes the music just stops playing and won't play again until I reach the boss. Also, the song that plays while choosing quests is cutting off too. It's like it isn't looping correctly. I tried reinstalling, but it didn't help. Maybe someone could go to Blood Forest and see if the music cuts off for them? This only started happening during the latest patch.

Hydronium

Neo Member
How do you reroll in this game for IOS? I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, but it keeps loading my previous game data.

chrono01

How do you reroll in this game for IOS? I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, but it keeps loading my previous game data.
Unfortunately, you need to completely factory reset your iPhone, since data is saved to your device, even if you delete the app. They don't make it easy, that's for sure. If you if you DO factory reset your iPhone, and Restore your device via iTunes, even that will transfer the data over [if you previously sync'd the device after installing/beginning Brave Frontier].

It helps if you have a throw-away phone where you can continually download, start, factory reset, rinse/repeat until you get a summon you like, linking your account to a Facebook account, and THEN logging into that same Facebook account on your primary device.

It's really not worth rerolling anyway, though, I think. Unlike with PAD, every new set of characters seems to just get better and better in this game, and even the top tier stuff from a month ago is just okay now.

Hydronium

Neo Member
Wow, the re-roll process definitely doesn't seem worth it if I have to factory reset my phone. I was assuming this game was like PAD, where getting a good monster with your first roll will help minimize IAP later on. I guess I will just start with what I have now.

Your team is totally set, especially for Arena.

Just you wait too, Alice is getting a 6* form and her Super Brave Burst will be the first Dark type with healing.

i need to level them up a bit.

so fucking annoying that my party can't handle even lvl2 of half blood maiden. She hits like a rock :X

I'm reading you'd need a party of at least 4k hp to handle lvl2...

and after like 30 tries of lvl1, still no lico D:

i need to level them up a bit.

so fucking annoying that my party can't handle even lvl2 of half blood maiden. She hits like a rock :X

I'm reading you'd need a party of at least 4k hp to handle lvl2...

and after like 30 tries of lvl1, still no lico D:

My team demolishes lvl 2. All dark squad with Unholy Magress lead, so I get 10% extra HP for all. Still have issues with lvl 3 time and again.

Just got my 3rd Lico.

2x Oracle (BLEH!!) and 1x Breaker (DEF is horrendous).

I want Guardian type so bad, that way she has respectable DEF and is viable in PVE.

If you get her you will want Anima 9~7k HP with Sacred Gem) and/or Guardian (1.2k DEF). If not then she is a total glass cannon.
At the point you're at I would suggest you spend your time doing Metal runs and quests to gain EXP and evolution materials. She is available for ~11 more days, so if you can get yourself in the position to complete lvl 2 Lico stages you are better off.

Lvl 1 only gives you like a 4% capture rate. 12% in lvl 2 and around 21% in lvl 3.

no clue you get neat spheres from doing arena. haven't touched that ever since today lol. i guess def doesn't matter much here :X

should i even have a healer in my squad?

Finally got my Anima Lico! Good thing I started doing lvl 3 and not more lvl 2. Just got (2) Lico in 3 attempts (3x Oracle now... -.-)

Final Stats @lvl 80 with Flesh Armor (+10%HP & DEF) & Unholy Magress leader skill should be:

HP: 7363
ATK: 1857
DEF: 1087
REC: 1157

Still classified as a "Glass Cannon" but the stupidly high HP should hopefully compensate.

Guardian is easily the best for her though as her stats would have ended up:

HP: 6630
ATK: 1704
DEF: 1271
REC: 1310

Much more balanced.

What's better 50% 1 type boost or bb boost leader skills for mono party?

For a mono party, the 50% buff easily.

If you were to ever get a Magress from the honor summons and get him to a 6* he gives +50% to Dark unit attack and +10% to dark unit HP.

Always take those buffs for mono.

Just think of it like this:

BB for higher rate of reaching Brave Burst?
+50% to bring an ATT of 1,200 to 1,800? Bring another +50% buff friend and that 1,200 becomes 2,400 ATT.

Makes a HUGE difference. Plus that extra 600 DMG is much more valuable than getting an extra BB attack in the long run of a battle., especially against bosses or in Arena.

Want faster BB? Just get units with decent REC.

shit, completely missed that magress event :X

is there any use of lico in a mono dark vs alice/kokuri? I assume she's got the best solo dark bb atm.

Lico has the best BB in terms of damage. It is only a single enemy attack, but also can inflict status ailment. It hits like a damn truck. This makes sense too since she has the highest ATT of any available unit in the game.

Also Lico definitely has a place in a dark team. I am going to level up my Anima type and use it in place of my Death God Lodaga due to having MUCH higher HP, ATT and REC, while only having ~100 less DEF.

Lico has the best BB in terms of damage. It is only a single enemy attack, but also can inflict status ailment. It hits like a damn truck. This makes sense too since she has the highest ATT of any available unit in the game.

Also Lico definitely has a place in a dark team. I am going to level up my Anima type and use it in place of my Death God Lodaga due to having MUCH higher HP, ATT and REC, while only having ~100 less DEF.

yeah i can see lodaga being outclassed, although ive never saw much use out of my hades which i benched for alice.

To give you an idea of why I find her worth using:

Death God Lodaga (Guardian)- Type I have

HP: 4,405
ATT: 1,393
DEF: 1,288
REC: 827

Demon Blade Lico (Guardian) -

HP: 5,525
ATT: 1,704
DEF: 1,156
REC: 1,310

That is with no buffs. She easily outclasses him. Not sure though if that is the case when his 6* form arrives.

Now here is a Guardian Scythe God Alice stats -

HP: 3,986
ATT: 1,344
DEF: 1,328
REC: 1,898

Lico has a bit less DEF and ALOT less REC, but while potions and hearts don't heal her as much, she has beastly HP and can dish out a ton of dmg. Of course Alice is better by far too since her BB is AoE.

She is definitely a very viable unit if you get the right type (Being Guardian or Anima).

yeah i can see lodaga being outclassed, although ive never saw much use out of my hades which i benched for alice.

I've been using him for a while now. With the +50% dark att buff, a flesh armor and a friend with +50+ buff he hits hard.

He is just terrible when it comes to healing since his REC is pathetic.

Good in arena though.

Started playing this game this past week and have been enjoying a lot more than I expected to.

Here's what my team looks like so far:
Healer Merith (Anima)
Earthly Il & Mina (Guardian)
Scythe Alice (Guardian)
Kikuri (Guardian)
Maiden Lico (Guardian)

I also have a Holy Queen Luna (Breaker) that I can't use because I don't have enough cost. I think I've been extremely lucky with the people I've been getting from the rare summons after reading some post in here about Alice and Kikuri being top tier. Also I got Lico on her lvl 1 stage on my first and only attempt! :p

hmmm so i want to take out half blood princess lvl 2 and i have a time limit of sort...

current squad

60 hell king hades
49 scythe alice
38 goth idol kikuri
31 royal elimo
47 royal elimo

cost 47/48 lvl 39 atm

in my bullpin for low level or too costly reasons.

lvl 10 scythe alice
lvl1 shida
lvl 60 goth kikuri

so i have about 10 days left before the event ends. what should be strategy be to be able to power up to take out lvl2?

Top Bottom