• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

harrytang

with the 6* units, is it advisable to level BB before anything else? is there a particular level everyone is using to farm atk units for BB leveling? sounds like it can get expensive if you wait too long.

Draxal

with the 6* units, is it advisable to level BB before anything else? is there a particular level everyone is using to farm atk units for BB leveling? sounds like it can get expensive if you wait too long.

Yes and no, it'll be cheaper but the savings will be minimal as you'll probably get 3-5 bb levels before hitting twenty, at twenty it will be cheaper to fuse at max level. Since you need 20 bb levels to max and they progressivly get hard from 1-10, it's really not saving that much.

Man rough weekend. I was account level 49 on Friday, and I had way too many units to level up that I decided I was goign to burn some stones on Metal runs to refill energy and get a ton of runs in on a single key. But I didn't want to do it at only 3 runs / energy bar. So I decided I would spend all weekend power-levelling up to 59 so that I could have 4 Metal runs / energy bar. What a fucking chore. I've probably run St. Lamia "The Fourfold Pillar" upwards of 100 times by now. Luckily I'm level 58 with only about 6 runs left to go before I hit 59 and get 60 energy, but god damn was that grueling.

harrytang

Yes and no, it'll be cheaper but the savings will be minimal as you'll probably get 3-5 bb levels before hitting twenty, at twenty it will be cheaper to fuse at max level. Since you need 20 bb levels to max and they progressivly get hard from 1-10, it's really not saving that much.

roger that. ok, I'll just feed her this god im sitting on instead of spoon feeding low level mobs for bblv. only got 1 anyway so far.

also, looks like im not going to get this lico. i run the second floor quite a bit, but so far nothing. maybe ill have better luck with the new fire character using my water team.

roger that. ok, I'll just feed her this god im sitting on instead of spoon feeding low level mobs for bblv. only got 1 anyway so far.

also, looks like im not going to get this lico. i run the second floor quite a bit, but so far nothing. maybe ill have better luck with the new fire character using my water team.

Still got 3+ days to go. Don't give up yet.

think ill have enough party room in a lvl to upgrade 1 of my 4 stars to 5.

currently got

5 star kikuri
4 star kikuri
5 star alice
4 star alice
4 star elimo

hmmmm

im not entirely sure what elimo 5 star has over 4, is the heal stronger? Is the def buff better?

Is there any evidence that timing your attacks produces better sparking than just randomly clicking the units as fast as possible? I always just click everyone as fast as possible, and I still spark all the time. It seems like more effort than it's worth to try to get any better.

Draxal

Is there any evidence that timing your attacks produces better sparking than just randomly clicking the units as fast as possible? I always just click everyone as fast as possible, and I still spark all the time. It seems like more effort than it's worth to try to get any better.

Yeah, go watch the tutorial video for evidence (and get a free metal king for doing it as well!). Although, its honestly utterly dependent on your units, you can randomly smash Kikuri and get sparks because she has so many attacks in a short animation.

think ill have enough party room in a lvl to upgrade 1 of my 4 stars to 5.

currently got

5 star kikuri
4 star kikuri
5 star alice
4 star alice
4 star elimo

hmmmm

im not entirely sure what elimo 5 star has over 4, is the heal stronger? Is the def buff better?

Big thing for Elimo is that she gets tougher. I still see some of my maxed units instagibbed on FH (Douglas Gun Wave and the Leore Weiss Wave), even with a def Pot.

Big thing for Elimo is that she gets tougher. I still see some of my maxed units instagibbed on FH (Douglas Gun Wave and the Leore Weiss Wave), even with a def Pot.
To be fair, though, those waves are bullshit.

Also, regarding Frontier Hunter, how many people are we estimating will be removed for cheating, given last time? I can probably get my rank to around 4000 before the event ends, but that wouldn't matter unless they remove 1000+ people.

hmmm forgot you get 5 points at the 10s, so ill probably evolve elimo and kikuri.

think ill slowly fade out alices for new stuff. Breaker alices are just too damn squishy.

being able to tank shit seems to be key to survival in this.

harrytang

Still got 3+ days to go. Don't give up yet.

haha, actually i think I found the secret. bitch on gaf and then she drops. somehow I just got her on floor 2. seeing that gold cloud appear feels like relief after so many times of nothing. probably playing this game too much.

since i dont have a dark team yet I'm not even sure ill be able to use her. pretty cool though.

Ferga

To be fair, though, those waves are bullshit.

Also, regarding Frontier Hunter, how many people are we estimating will be removed for cheating, given last time? I can probably get my rank to around 4000 before the event ends, but that wouldn't matter unless they remove 1000+ people.

Last time I was rank 1000~ and went to rank 800~ after all the hackers got deleted. I'm pretty sure it'll be more this time round since the player base blew up in the last few weeks.

Did 1 rare summon and got a Duel-GX (Anima). Seems that's the best unit *and* the best type for the entire new batch of summons. So I guess I'll quite while I'm ahead. I plan to have this guy take Shadow Oboro's spot after I level him up. If Oboro ever gets a 5* then I'll bring him back, but he's way too squishy at 4*.

lordcyno

hmmm forgot you get 5 points at the 10s, so ill probably evolve elimo and kikuri.

think ill slowly fade out alices for new stuff. Breaker alices are just too damn squishy.

being able to tank shit seems to be key to survival in this.

I have a similar team to yours with 2 Kikuris and 2 Alices although I don't run/have a healer so I just threw Death God Lodaga in there. In general, I didn't really have any problems surviving the story content with them. However, in Frontier Hunter and the level 3 Special Monster dungeons, my 2 Alices (lord and oracle) tend to get killed in a single turn from full health quite often with their low hp even at max level (my breaker Lodaga dies even more).

Wow I just had the most ridiculous experience ever. I was doing Metal runs and I got 2 Light Gods on the same run. As if that isn't rare enough, I did another Metal run right after and got 2 Water Gods. And it doesn't end there, on the next run I got ANOTHER Earth God.

Did 1 rare summon and got a Duel-GX (Anima). Seems that's the best unit *and* the best type for the entire new batch of summons. So I guess I'll quite while I'm ahead. I plan to have this guy take Shadow Oboro's spot after I level him up. If Oboro ever gets a 5* then I'll bring him back, but he's way too squishy at 4*.
Lol noticed he's your leader. Was useful at metal run because he hits a bit.

Draxal

Anima Lico gotten off a mistaken attempt at L3 ( meant to do 2).

Think my dark team is set for now once I level them up.

L is going to be (O) Mattress, 2 (A) Kikuri, (A) Alice, (A) Lico or (A) Tree. I think (G) lico is better, but I'm not going to bother farm her that much. Just have to farm up 3 dark Idol(UGH) and 3 dark totems (UGH UGH UGH).

Hung Wei Lo

Is anyone having issues with Arena orbs not replenishing (well, only during level ups)? I've already tried reinstalling the game
LLShC.gif

Ferga

You could always make multiple facebook accounts. You really should link your account to facebook anyway since some updates screw up certain features which require you to reinstall.

MicH

Yeah I hate the Tuesday dungeon. I need Dark idols, but it keeps giving me grass and fire, both of which I have plenty of!

Top Bottom