• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

This morning, I ran into a new fifth round for Frontier End 2: Loch, Lorand, Edea, and Dean. I've never seen them before, but somehow they're way harder than Aisha's team.

I evolved the shit out of some guys today. Only gemmed twice, and I evolved my Alice to 5*, Sefia to 4*, Mifune to 3*, Aisha to 4*, and also got the correct mats to evolve my Dean to 5*, Tree to 5*, and Duel-GX to 5* after I knock out a few more levels on them.

Noirulus

Has anyone else hardly used gems for things other than rare summons? I've only raised my unit capacity twice to 60, and still haven't spent any gems on raising my item capacity :x

The urge to get cool new units is just too damn high.

Not right now. But I'm guessing next week. They always have increased ghost rates when they give 500 honour points daily.

Cool, thanks.

MicH

I hate this game. I only need dark idols, yet it keeps giving me fire and earth idols. Last run it was 3 fire, one earth and one thunder. Please stop :(

lol now its harder to get idols and spirits. At least totems seem to always drop if you can take them down. Wish they were the same for idols and spirits :X

It's just frustrating more than anything lol mainly with the hefty dungeon cost.

I hate this game. I only need dark idols, yet it keeps giving me fire and earth idols. Last run it was 3 fire, one earth and one thunder. Please stop :(

I needed 3 dark idols. Took me 5 runs to even get 1, then i got all 3 in 2 runs.

I decided that the best strategy is that instead of spending a bunch of gems restoring energy to keep trying again, you should spend those gems to expand your unit capacity. That way you can save all the crap you don't need now, because you will need it later. This way, say you run idol or spirit dungeon 10 times and you don't get shit. Now switch to a different unit to level, and suddenly you already have everything you need to evolve him.

No matter what material unit I farm for, they love to give me tons of the light element. It really pisses me off. Trying to get fire/thunder/water pots, and I have a bunch of light ones... Gonna be a long day.

is it just me or while dark team is pretty much the best, pretty much only kikuri is decent imo, everyone else are strong, but too damn squishy, except maybe guardian/anima lico... and that new robot? I don't think magress is that great dps or hits wise.

Draxal

is it just me or while dark team is pretty much the best, pretty much only kikuri is decent imo, everyone else are strong, but too damn squishy, except maybe guardian/anima lico... and that new robot? I don't think magress is that great dps or hits wise.

Kikuri is top tier in every regard while Unholy Magress is behind in her certain aspects but is much tankier.

woot beat maxwell... huh there is more stuff?

cool. for some reason that felt like a good end point for the story lol. I assume not all the fallen gods are out yet?

its kinda weird that the story/npc character art, the title screen, and the summons character art all seem to be done by completely different artists with different styles.

the summons look like lemmings dressed like mmo characters. The npcs look like free 2 play generic anime characters, Title looks like generic fantasy from deviant arts.

Draxal

BTW if you have these units banked you are pretty much see. Leviathan/Loch Ness/Malnaplis and up to three/four Douglases you are set as their six star forms SBB synergize so well.

Ferga

If I don't get a dark totem this week, I'm going to be mad

Setting up to run the totem event another 10 times.

If I can't get a single dark totem in 20 runs, there is something seriously wrong.

BTW if you have these units banked you are pretty much see. Leviathan/Loch Ness/Malnaplis and up to three/four Douglases you are set as their six star forms SBB synergize so well.

I have 2 Leviathans. They've been banked because I heard their SBB is good, but the picture is all in Japanese so I can't read it. What's the description of the SBB?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

I got 3, and don't need 'em... but the ones I need won't capture. It's like it knows.

Draxal

I have 2 Leviathans. They've been banked because I heard their SBB is good, but the picture is all in Japanese so I can't read it. What's the description of the SBB?

It's their leader ability as well. The SBB is an aoe that increases the amount of crystals drop, and the ability increases the amount of bb meter you get per crystal. Once you get a Sbb up with the Douglases and Leviathan you'll be spamming SBB every turn.

Ferga

6* malnaplis is considered to be the best unit in the game right now. (New 6*s are coming out so it may change)

SBB for him is;
10 combo attack + Increase BC drop

You can basically spam SBB forever if you have the right set up

6* malnaplis is considered to be the best unit in the game right now. (New 6*s are coming out so it may change)

SBB for him is;

They need an option to turn off the cut in graphic at that point lol.

SBB for him is;

Hmm, so I guess whenever they increase the summon rate for earth units I should try to pull for a douglas.

So, it looks like people are probably starting to gem on Frontier Hunter now to get those last few ranks in. I think I can be comfortably in the top 10000, but top 3000 is going to be a massive stretch. I probably would have tried harder in the last one if I'd known that hunter rank carries over. Oh well. On the plus side, I can beat Leore's team now, but I'm almost guaranteed to lose round 5 afterward.

Anyway, I found out something about scoring: specifically, the multi-kill bonus will trigger regardless how many enemies you kill at once, as long as it's more than one in a single round, and you don't get more points for killing more at once. For example, in a group of 4 enemies, you get the same amount of points killing two sets of 2 as you would killing all 4 at once, and that will actually get you more points than if you were to kill one set of 1 and one set of 3. Using this, I can net 80k+ points on the all-big-slimes round by killing two at a time. It's easy to setup. It also helps against easy groups, like Aem's or Lava's (or, to a lesser extent the all-gun team). Just kill in sets of two, and you'll get maximal multi-kill points.

Noirulus

Rocket Maiden hits pretty hard on lv. 2. Make sure to bring stimulants as she paralyzes as well.

Beat lv. 2 but no drop. Waiting for stam to recharge for another run.

Ferga

Wow. Just got her in one run on level 3.

You get a gem for finishing level 3, unlike Lico's one by the way

9I7wROf.jpg

Draxal

Wow. Just got her in one run on level 3.

You get a gem for finishing level 3, unlike Lico's one by the way

I wonder if she has pre buff Lico drop rate or post buff Lico drop rate.

I've gotten Lico 3 out of 6 times post drop rate buff on level 3.

I took me 28 tries to get Lico,, I got Cayena in one shot.

Breaker type too. Woo.

Since Cayena's BB is AoE, I might actually see if I can get 4 of her for a pre-built universal purpose fire party, adding in a Lancia I already have.

harrytang

I got drop this morning from one run level 3. pretty satisfying after the trouble i had with lico. luckily run a water team so no problems with level 3. most likely unable to beat the lightening unit when it drops though.

Draxal

I took me 28 tries to get Lico,, I got Cayena in one shot.

Breaker type too. Woo.

Since Cayena's BB is AoE, I might actually see if I can get 4 of her for a pre-built universal purpose fire party, adding in a Lancia I already have.

Yeah, it must have been post Lico Buff drop rate. Did you do all your attempts on Lico before sunday?

Pbae

Guys, I finally got a Lico after like 50 runs T_T

She's a breaker. Is that decent or should I try to run it some more for a different type

Lockon

OMG forgot Frontier Hunter ended...my rank end up at 10062. fuck I hope there are enough hackers to be ban so I can bump up 62 ranks and get +3 HR ranks.

Also I have a breaker and an oracle Lico. I kinda want Guardian or anima. Going to try getting her some more before she go away.

Draxal

Guys, I finally got a Lico after like 50 runs T_T

She's a breaker. Is that decent or should I try to run it some more for a different type

I think it goes Guardian/Anima/Lord/Breaker/Oracle myself. I'll be real though I think the fire unit is ALOT better than the dark unit.

OMG forgot Frontier Hunter ended...my rank end up at 10062. fuck I hope there are enough hackers to be ban so I can bump up 62 ranks and get +3 HR ranks.

Also I have a breaker and an oracle Lico. I kinda want Guardian or anima. Going to try getting her some more before she go away.

I'm pretty sure they'll nail at least a 100 hackers.

Seems Lico was patched.

Mine just got a HP reduction and a DEF boost.

HP went from 7,300 to 7,100 and DEF went from 1,159 to 1,542. With Medulla Gem of course.

Currently her stats are now (Anima type)

Lvl: 74
ATK: 2,259
DEF: 1,542
REC: 1,491

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Fed her a Metal God and she went from lvl 72 to 74 and I saw her DEF go from 940 to over 1,200!!

Sucks if you already maxed out your Lico though.

While the BB doesn't compare, here are her new stats when compared to Kikuri w/ no spheres.

Lico (Anima) LVL 74

HP: 5897
ATK: 1883
DEF: 1285
REC: 1243

Kikuri (Guardian) LVL 75

HP: 5162
ATK: 1419
DEF: 1599
REC: 1505

Kikuri (Breaker) LVL 77

HP: 5208
ATK: 1723
DEF: 1296
REC; 1517

Lico is real strong now. So glad she got a DEF buff. If only they could have changed her BB to AoE like Cayena has.

Honor Summon has increased rates for metal and jewel units. Do they ever do increased rates for the units like magress or is now as good a time as any to pull?

Honor Summon has increased rates for metal and jewel units. Do they ever do increased rates for the units like magress or is now as good a time as any to pull?

I've been playing since late January and I have never seen them up the summon rate for starter units in Honor Summons.

Draxal

Is there any other reason to wait then? Ive got 35 honor summon pulls saved. Like do they ever put totems, pots, or burst frogs in there?

I've heard that burst frogs will be way down the line, I've heard people have gotten Vargas from the current event (I've faced Magress about half the time on my Lico 3 Runs as well).

Credo

I've fought Lico over 30 times on levels 2 and 3 and still haven't gotten a drop. I guess it's just not meant to be. The dark team I've put together will be fine without her, but I hate to miss a unit :(

The 28 Lico runs was using all energy every single day on Lico runs for the entire time the event was running, up until I finally got the capture.

Not sure about Pots or Frogs, but I have gotten Totems from Honor summons before.

In the Japanese version maybe?

Only recently did they even add idols to the door. Totems have never been in there.

razterik

Wow, that's a big buff. Don't feel so bad about that Oracle Lico I finally picked up this morning from level 1. Between that and getting to 30k rank in Frontier Hunter, I feel like I'm making good progress after only a couple weeks.

Credo

Even with Lico's buff, I don't know if I'll be too disappointed if I don't get her. I have 2 Kikuris, one Idol and one ready to be upgraded to Idol when I get the totem, a Magress ready to be upgraded to top level when I get a totem, and an Alice ready to be upgraded to top level when I get a totem. And I just drew another Magress from honor summon yesterday. And I have a fully upgraded Elimo as healer until a dark healer comes along, so I'll be ok.

Even with Lico's buff, I don't know if I'll be too disappointed if I don't get her. I have 2 Kikuris, one Idol and one ready to be upgraded to Idol when I get the totem, a Magress ready to be upgraded to top level when I get a totem, and an Alice ready to be upgraded to top level when I get a totem. And I just drew another Magress from honor summon yesterday. And I have a fully upgraded Elimo as healer until a dark healer comes along, so I'll be ok.

I would love to replace Lico with another Kikuri, but need to wait for Dark rate up before I even make the attempt at the rare summon gate.

Until then though she will do.

Wish they buffed her BB skill though. Would have been nice to have it AoE like the new promo unit.

Top Bottom