• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

When the new units are released, do you know if they will have an event where they have increased pull rates from the rare summon machine? I'm thinking of saving all my stones until then, but if they just go into the rare summon machine with the same chance as anything else that will be frustrating.

They have an increased pull rate right now for the (3) newest units as well as increased the drop rate for Lico.

Just check their Facebook page daily.

https://www.facebook.com/BraveFrontierGlobal

RATES UP!
Summoners! The Gods of Gaia took a stand to make up for the recent server issues and have spoken - there will be an increased rate for our 3 new added units ~ Lotus Axe Michele, Ice Apostle Tiara and Centurion Melchio in Rare Summon Gate for a limited time only, until April 17, 23:59 PST!!

Grab this chance now as you will have GREATER chances of capturing these units! Remember to LIKE and SHARE this to your friends!

Kreed

Are any of the 6 new units any good? I'm thinking I'm about to throw some money at the gate lol. Kinda want the Light and Wood units because they look like something that come from Super Robot Wars.

These 2 looks awesome:
http://i.picpar.com/yrH.png[img]
[img]http://i.picpar.com/zrH.png[img][/QUOTE]

I pulled Melchio yesterday. I'm not sold on his BB/Leader abilities, but as a unit he's very strong/his combo is really nice.

hmmm is magress only gettable from honor summon?

man if one game figured out how to do trading in a PvZ style f2p game.... if only.

i have like 4 fucking wills!

Draxal

man if one game figured out how to do trading in a PvZ style f2p game.... if only.

They had a event two weekends ago which had the starters drop, they also very rarely drop in the oboro/alma dungeons at 2 and 3.

Lan_97

Decided to pull after seeing that rates were up. Another Amy (5*).

Also just went through a totem run where two dark totems showed up. Luckily was able to clear it with only one healing item left and no more seals/ores.

They had a event two weekends ago which had the starters drop, they also very rarely drop in the oboro/alma dungeons at 2 and 3.

yeah, missed those :S

so lico drops increased? just did lvl3 twice, nothing,

ahhhh humbug.

i kinda wish enemies were more predictable in this game. add some depth in using defend and what not.

Sometimes they just spam bb like no other sometimes they attack random dudes.

I've since done that wave twice more. (Zephu, Zegar, Weiss, Leore)

I think it takes a lot of luck with crits or a mostly earth party to kill Weiss before he buffs. I've come close when I had crit luck, but it would have taken more crit luck to finish the job.

I find I have a better shot to kill Zegar and Zephu in those first few rounds than I do to kill Weiss. This is better, but Leore is the AoE guy, the one who does the majority of the damage, and does that shield break thing to boot. I still lost.

Even if it's doable, and I think it is with enough luck, it has no business being a Wave 4. The three Wave 5s I've seen are a joke compared to this wave.
Personally, I don't have much of a problem with that group--probably because of my team setup. I can down Leore almost immediately, and after I work off Zegar, Weiss and Zephu aren't much of a threat.

The group that I just cannot handle, though, is the one with Gun God Douglas and the other gun characters. They fire so much that it's like I'm getting hit by Maxwell's ultimate every round, and if they focus on one or two characters, those characters will go down almost for sure. Will and Alice can sometimes wreck my face, too, if they decide to spam BBs every turn (sometimes they can even attack twice first, and then use BB, which is bullshit).

On the plus side, though, I was able to claim all the prizes in Mid, using my Aisha and a friend's Aem as leaders and just BB-killing everything.

EDIT: As for PAD, I hardly play it anymore. I still login everyday to get my login bonus, but sometimes I don't even run any dungeons. The game just feels stupid now, with all its content and power creep.

I logged into PAD for the first time in a few months last week and I was just lost. It was just data overload. Good on them for continually adding new content but jeez it was like someone vomited numbers and icons onto my screen. lol

I prefer BF's battle system anyway. I would like PAD's more if it was straight up Bejeweled style matching instead of sliding. I just got tired of rearranging jewels in that way after a while.

I pulled a Polar Angel Tiara earlier today. Pretty sweet, I can make a nice rainbow team now but it doesn't really leave room for any of my healers unless I swap Emilia out with May which doesn't seem like it would be a good idea. I'm hoping Tiara's gradual heal be enough, will have to experiment with it once I level her up.

Also, where do y'all farm for fate stones? I think there is a spot in Cordelica, but are there any other places?

Personally, I don't have much of a problem with that group--probably because of my team setup. I can down Leore almost immediately, and after I work off Zegar, Weiss and Zephu aren't much of a threat.

The group that I just cannot handle, though, is the one with Gun God Douglas and the other gun characters. They fire so much that it's like I'm getting hit by Maxwell's ultimate every round, and if they focus on one or two characters, those characters will go down almost for sure. Will and Alice can sometimes wreck my face, too, if they decide to spam BBs every turn (sometimes they can even attack twice first, and then use BB, which is bullshit).

On the plus side, though, I was able to claim all the prizes in Mid, using my Aisha and a friend's Aem as leaders and just BB-killing everything.

EDIT: As for PAD, I hardly play it anymore. I still login everyday to get my login bonus, but sometimes I don't even run any dungeons. The game just feels stupid now, with all its content and power creep.

Gah stupid guns. It's like their turn feels like they go on forever D:

MicH

Yeah, I stopped playing PAD a year ago so it is possible for me to get back into it blast time I checked there was a Batman promotion or something and it just seemed odd to me

Oh, question: does leveling up restore your Frontier Hunter orbs? I just started my metal run and didn't think about that, but it might be a good reference for next time.

Not sure how accurate it is, but if it is the rate is probably SUPER low.

The Half-Blood Princess

Notes for level 3:

Chance to encounter upgraded basic units such as Pegasus and Magician Lily.
On the 5th room, spawns encounter Hell King Hades and 4x Memetes. Focus on Hell King Hades first as he deals more damages than Memetes. Their attacks cause Curse, bring Holy Water.
Chance to encounter Black Magress on the 6th room, he casts Void Pillar every 3 turns. Capturable.
Last room, Demon Blade Lico heals herself based on half of her damage. She can causes Weakness, bring Tonic. Weak and paralyze can be cast on her.
Demon Blade Lico can cast her BB, Death Strike. (Death Strike is more powerful than Dark Impact, be careful)

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Events

Credo

I can't decide if my 5th member should be Magress or Alice. I have them both in their 2nd forms right now. Going by this tier list, it should definitely be Magress, but I thought I had heard that Alice's new form was going to be able to heal. I have 5 metal gods right now, and I'd like to put them all toward whichever one I decide on.

I can't decide if my 5th member should be Magress or Alice. I have them both in their 2nd forms right now. Going by this tier list, it should definitely be Magress, but I thought I had heard that Alice's new form was going to be able to heal. I have 5 metal gods right now, and I'd like to put them all toward whichever one I decide on.

Yes, she can heal if you level her BB to 10 and reach Super BB.

For the time being though I would work on Magress and get him to 6*. He is a starter type, so he levels up MUCH faster.

Draxal

Magress, Alice is 2 months away at the earliest.

I just looked at the ranking for Frontier Hunter, the person in the lead for "Overall Ranking" has 35,875,147 points with 2 times served. Is everyone just cheating? Do they ban the cheaters?

Not sure how accurate it is, but if it is the rate is probably SUPER low.

The Half-Blood Princess

Notes for level 3:

Chance to encounter upgraded basic units such as Pegasus and Magician Lily.
On the 5th room, spawns encounter Hell King Hades and 4x Memetes. Focus on Hell King Hades first as he deals more damages than Memetes. Their attacks cause Curse, bring Holy Water.
Chance to encounter Black Magress on the 6th room, he casts Void Pillar every 3 turns. Capturable.
Last room, Demon Blade Lico heals herself based on half of her damage. She can causes Weakness, bring Tonic. Weak and paralyze can be cast on her.
Demon Blade Lico can cast her BB, Death Strike. (Death Strike is more powerful than Dark Impact, be careful)

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Events

Yeah never captured maggres.

If only lvl 3 didn't cost so damn much.

Draxal

I just looked at the ranking for Frontier Hunter, the person in the lead for "Overall Ranking" has 35,875,147 points with 2 times served. Is everyone just cheating? Do they ban the cheaters?

Its why the ranking takes so long, because thats when they ban the cheaters. However, it seems they get some legit players as well.

Oh, also, I totally lied earlier. I was thinking of another grouping that include Weiss, which I could beat easily. I finally encountered the one being discussed earlier for the first time and lost. Sorry.

Its why the ranking takes so long, because thats when they ban the cheaters. However, it seems they get some legit players as well.

Those players are banned and removed when it comes time to tally up the scores.

Which means I am currently better than my 479 ranking shows. :)

Just finished a Frontier End with 729,000 points.

Oh, also, I totally lied earlier. I was thinking of another grouping that include Weiss, which I could beat easily. I finally encountered the one being discussed earlier for the first time and lost. Sorry.

Yeah, Weiss's buff is usually pretty weenie, it's just this particular group.

I was annoyed enough I took my arena set up in (All Angelic Foils and Muramasas).

Which allowed me to kill Weiss before the buff.

Which is great and all, but I lose so many points elsewhere compared to the Medulla/Sacred Jewel set up that I'd probably be better off just losing the wave.

Is it advisable to save gems for certain events or just spend them whenever you can. I'll have 5 tonight....

Depends.

If you are early in the game and in need of some stronger units I would wait until they have an event like increased Dark units from Rare Summons gate.

If you are content with your team then I would save some for when you do Metal runs, that way (1) metal key can get you a ton of runs.

What does your team look like right now?

Depends.

If you are early in the game and in need of some stronger units I would wait until they have an event like increased Dark units from Rare Summons gate.

If you are content with your team then I would save some for when you do Metal runs, that way (1) metal key can get you a ton of runs.

What does your team look like right now?

If you're going to burn gems restoring energy for Metal Key runs, I would suggest waiting until you have at least 60 energy, so you can get the most out of your runs. I have 51 energy right now, and am waiting for a few more levels before I spend about 5 gems on Metal runs. The difference is significant. At 3 runs per energy bar, 5 gems will get you a total of 18 runs. At 4 runs per energy bar, 5 gems will get you a total of 24 runs. So you got 6 extra runs out of it, or to think of it another way, you saved 2 gems.

Speaking of spending gems, how many item slots and monster box slots do most people roll with?

If you're going to burn gems restoring energy for Metal Key runs, I would suggest waiting until you have at least 60 energy, so you can get the most out of your runs. I have 51 energy right now, and am waiting for a few more levels before I spend about 5 gems on Metal runs. The difference is significant. At runs per energy bar, 5 gems will get you a total of 18 runs. At 4 runs per energy bar, 5 gems will get you a total of 24 runs. So you got 6 extra runs out of it, or to think of it another way, you saved 2 gems.

Speaking of spending gems, how many item slots and monster box slots do most people roll with?

Of course! Not only that, but you would want to make sure at least one of those runs nets you a level up so your gain an extra (4) runs.

As for items slots, I still have (100) which I think is the default. My unit slot is currently (70) and I keep running out of space, although it is manageable.

By the way, also worth mentioning is that if you don't mind waiting, when you run out of energy just hit the banner for the metal parade and let it sit there at the selection screen until you restore enough energy. It's an easy way to steal an extra run.

is there any strategy on when to guard?

i pretty much just leave my healer on guard on bosses/tough mobs, but thats about it.

Many bosses have predictable patterns, so you'll always guard every 3rd turn (or whatever). The wiki generally tells you when this is the case. Otherwise i guard with my healer, or with my regular units if they're in danger and healer bb isn't up.

For Frontier Hunter, if a Glutton/Voracious God shows up, how should I plan accordingly to make sure I get the most points? Is it similar to the other stages where you get them low and BB spam them to oblivion?

Ferga

For Frontier Hunter, if a Glutton/Voracious God shows up, how should I plan accordingly to make sure I get the most points? Is it similar to the other stages where you get them low and BB spam them to oblivion?

Only attack them with their weaknesses (light/dark). Do not spark or bb until you get them both as low as possible.

You can easily get 100k+ points from elemental weaknesses if you run into 2 in one round.

Phades

Sure, but isn't that the point? Better team, better rewards. I have two 5* and the rest maxed 4* and i can clear the middle tier with 300k. Of course i wouldn't expect to be able to take end tier yet, but why should i be? Im getting upgrades from farming middle, and hopefully my HR will raise a bit and I'll get more rewards from that.

As is common in these games, you either take it slow and steady, or be prepared to shell out a ton of cash.

Part of the problem with mid is that you most likely won't max your score out on it. Even if you get 6 enemies on the first round which aren't slimes and you have awesome BB generation to wipe them all out with BB spam at the same time within the first 3 rounds, then continue to hit 6 unit teams (i don't even know if they do 3rd round idols anymore) until the 4th round and get the optimal spawn (not sure what it would be for this round since this is mostly duos or single totems so far), then hit another 6 enemy group on the last wave. There is a minimum requirement as far as unit quality is concerned, but it isn't anything too ridiculous as far as what is feasible.

End is harder, but it is also more gimmicky. Stuff arbitrarily hits far above its weight for the sprite, or has gotcha moments occasionally like the 4th round weiss/leore group (lol they bent me over good once i killed one of the units as they all went beast mode at that point basically mandating you wipe them all out via BB at the same time). From what the others have mentioned the 5th round end stuff is even more silly.

I'm not entirely sure how the metals are supposed to be worthwhile in this either. Sure they drop a lot of points compared to other stuff, but the end round assessment gets crippled due to the laughable damage count at the end removing any real benefit. Jewels are way better.

Phades

I've since done that wave twice more. (Zephu, Zegar, Weiss, Leore)

I think it takes a lot of luck with crits or a mostly earth party to kill Weiss before he buffs. I've come close when I had crit luck, but it would have taken more crit luck to finish the job.

I find I have a better shot to kill Zegar and Zephu in those first few rounds than I do to kill Weiss. This is better, but Leore is the AoE guy, the one who does the majority of the damage, and does that shield break thing to boot. I still lost.

Even if it's doable, and I think it is with enough luck, it has no business being a Wave 4. The three Wave 5s I've seen are a joke compared to this wave.

I've hit this a few times as well. I've put down leore and weiss early, but then the rest of that team just goes nuts on me and I start losing people absurdly fast afterwards. The fake version of this happens on wave 3 iirc and is fufu by comparison. I have to have pre-charged BB and then fujin potion if i want to put more than one unit down on this group, but I still get wasted afterwards. It reminds me of stya/nemia on round 4 last time for mid. Nothing was even remotely as difficult as that pairing. Stya would just not go down for me, i'd just run out of juice every time.

Also, is the havok axe bugged or something? It doesn't seem to output as much as the omni gizmo...

Lockon

Pulled 5 rare summons yesterday and got a new water unit, but it's an oracle. I guess it's better than nothing.

Also, finally beat Frontier Hunter End but didn't get enough points to get all the rewards because didn't get a decent mob. That Seria at end was weak, but I did sealed her skill almost every turns lol.

Can't decide whether or not to pull. On the one hand I have absolute shit in terms of a water team. On the other hand, I really would like to get some Dark so I can build a mono dark team. Althgouh I have to say, an Elimo would be nice so that I can stop gimping my team with the 3* healers.

Edit: Well I did pull, and I didn't get an Elimo but I did get a Tree. I guess that's better than no healer. I also got a Lord Twin Gem Rickel, not sure if he's good or not.

Draxal

Can't decide whether or not to pull. On the one hand I have absolute shit in terms of a water team. On the other hand, I really would like to get some Dark so I can build a mono dark team. Althgouh I have to say, an Elimo would be nice so that I can stop gimping my team with the 3* healers.

Edit: Well I did pull, and I didn't get an Elimo but I did get a Tree. I guess that's better than no healer. I also got a Lord Twin Gem Rickel, not sure if he's good or not.

Tree's right behind Elimo as a healer. He's a super tank and he gets rid of debuffs. Rickel's all right, no aoe bb and stats are unbalanced (she's just like Lico in that regard), but is actually really good for metal runs due to the amount of hits she has.

Tree's right behind Elimo as a healer. He's a super tank and he gets rid of debuffs. Rickel's all right, no aoe bb and stats are unbalanced (she's just like Lico in that regard), but is actually really good for metal runs due to the amount of hits she has.

How are the new units? I also got a few of them as well. Michele, Tiara, and Melchio. They seem decent, but how does their BB work? What if you use all BB's in the same move, does everyone attack with every element or something? And what would be the best / worst types for each of these unit?

Part of the problem with mid is that you most likely won't max your score out on it. Even if you get 6 enemies on the first round which aren't slimes and you have awesome BB generation to wipe them all out with BB spam at the same time within the first 3 rounds, then continue to hit 6 unit teams (i don't even know if they do 3rd round idols anymore) until the 4th round and get the optimal spawn (not sure what it would be for this round since this is mostly duos or single totems so far), then hit another 6 enemy group on the last wave. There is a minimum requirement as far as unit quality is concerned, but it isn't anything too ridiculous as far as what is feasible.

End is harder, but it is also more gimmicky. Stuff arbitrarily hits far above its weight for the sprite, or has gotcha moments occasionally like the 4th round weiss/leore group (lol they bent me over good once i killed one of the units as they all went beast mode at that point basically mandating you wipe them all out via BB at the same time). From what the others have mentioned the 5th round end stuff is even more silly.

I'm not entirely sure how the metals are supposed to be worthwhile in this either. Sure they drop a lot of points compared to other stuff, but the end round assessment gets crippled due to the laughable damage count at the end removing any real benefit. Jewels are way better.
For Mid, what I ended up doing was pairing Aisha and Aem for leaders and just guarding to build meter. This way, even if you get the slimes for the opening match, you can pull off a big BB spam and get lots of points.

For End, I just got 491k. So close. I ended up losing the last round that time (Aisha's group); if I had won that, I would have been well over 500k. >=(

Unsure of what to do here.

I am trying to decide whether to keep Aisha in my group or add Lico. Both are Anima type and will likely be sporting a Medulla gem.

Aisha stats:

Lvl 71

HP: 6762
ATT: 1810
DEF: 1728
REC: 1616

Lico stats:

Lvl 70

HP: 6916
ATT: 2155
DEF: 1148
REC: 1352

Issue is that she is dark, so with Magress buffs she will be:

HP: 7493
ATT: 2962
DEF: 1148
REC: 1352

Bring a 2nd Magress or Kikuri and her ATT jumps to almost 4k, but with a 2nd Unholy Maggress she will have over 8k HP. So is that more than making up for her squishiness on defense?

Top Bottom