• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Decided to give miracle a shot today. I had to gem against the boss at 90% HP, which was definitely not a good sign, but i beat him after that. So i assume he was beatable for me even from 100% but i just got unlucky. And i never even beat stage 4 of frontier end. Just don't bring any dark units.

Finally evolved my Lance to 6*!

Luckily i got the light totem i needed, byt it took 5 attempts at the water totem dungeon

I bring Dark units all the time to fight the Miracle totem. Just be sure to bring seals.

Same things happens to me all the time.

I believe that Brave Frontier sees you running a Dark team and knows you need a Dark Totem, so they decide to do the nice thing and have you run into Light Totems.

I must have at least 6-7 in my unit list with no use currently.

Ive actually been pretty lucky, i think it's all just typical rng. I got a water pot, light totem, and dark totem exactly when i needed them before getting an opposite color totem/pot.

depths20XX

Why is the AI so stupid in arena? Like sometimes they have brave burst and just don't use it when it would totally make sense to heal the whole team. They kind of just do random shit.

Do you always make sure to play people below your level or something? It felt like I was barely getting any XP that way so now I just take the risk and play people around or above my level.

Only play people way above you. The reward for winning is huge but you lose very few points for losing that way

My personal Cayena drop rate status for those interested.

Level 1:
0/2 w/ 1x Vargas caught

Level 2:
0/0 no runs yet

Level 3:
2/6 w/ 1x Anima & 1x Lord Cayena caught

yeah arena is annoying, that trick to get the points displayed doesn't work most of the time for me atm, and it isn't until you are well into a rank before you can start seeing opponents of the next rank.

yeah arena is annoying, that trick to get the points displayed doesn't work most of the time for me atm, and it isn't until you are well into a rank before you can start seeing opponents of the next rank.

You just have to do it many times, the location you have to hit is very specific. Just keep doing it and hitting refresh till it works.

That post about licos stats might be wrong now.

It is, they reverted her back to what she used to be.

Since mine is maxed out @lvl 80 my stats will remain as I posted them unless I send an e-mail to Gumi asking them to "fix" it.

They say that if people keep the "bugged" versions stats it MAY cause you to run into data issues in the future.

I will not be getting mine "fixed" and if I run into these issues I will report it then.

Draxal

It is, they reverted her back to what she used to be.

Since mine is maxed out @lvl 80 my stats will remain as I posted them unless I send an e-mail to Gumi asking them to "fix" it.

They say that if people keep the "bugged" versions stats it MAY cause you to run into data issues in the future.

I will not be getting mine "fixed" and if I run into these issues I will report it then.

Nah, if you check the thread there's an update. I leveled up a level 3 star 19 Anima Lico to 20 today and she gained 40 stats of defence after this fix.

Cayana's new stat line is posted by a Gumi Employee here.

http://appinvasion.com/threads/cayena-stat-buff.47834/

Old:5150 1510 1420 1510
New: 5150 1510 1514 1265

Nah, if you check the thread there's an update. I leveled up a level 3 star 19 Anima Lico to 20 today and she gained 40 stats of defence after this fix.

Her defense won't jump to 1310 @ lvl 80 for an Anima any longer though. Gumi says it will end up right around where their official pictures from their Facebook showed.

I read this on Appinvasion.
-----------------------

Hey everyone, as some of you guys have noticed, Cayena and Licos' stats happened to change today

This was unintentional and stats will be reverted to what was posted onto the Facebook BF page​

Note
Players that haven't reached max level for their unit will have their stats automatically adjusted.
Those who have reached max level will have to file a ticket so Gumi can resolve the issue and ensure that they can play normally. Failure to file a ticket in an attempt to keep a buffed version of Lico (*stares*) may cause data issues with your game in the future, so it's best to play it safe.

http://appinvasion.com/threads/disclaimer-cayena-lico-stat-changes.47862/

blackflag

What's the fastest way to level? I'm getting very annoyed. I have 3 more on my team that I can evolve to 5 star...I even have all of the mats but I don't have enough points to equip them. at level 45 I got no extra unit points.

It's really quite bullshit. I don't even remember P&D being this stingy with unit points.

What's the fastest way to level? I'm getting very annoyed. I have 3 more on my team that I can evolve to 5 star...I even have all of the mats but I don't have enough points to equip them. at level 45 I got no extra unit points.

It's really quite bullshit. I don't even remember P&D being this stingy with unit points.

st lamia place 4 pillars

10 energy for 2600 exp is i think the best bang for buck atm?

I originally posted that link, there's an update in the bottom of that thread, and there's a newer post by a Gumi employee since then with Cayana's new stats.

Cayena's stats are posted on the official Facebook page. Yesterday there was a glitch that lowered her DEF and REC. Today they fixed that and they both went back up to where they were originally.

Draxal

st lamia place 4 pillars

10 energy for 2600 exp is i think the best bang for buck atm?

Best bang for buck, but I learned the hard way that it's definitely NOT the best bang for your time. So choose what is most important to you. It took me an entire fucking weekend of playing nonstop (only used 1 gem to refill energy) running that thing to gain 10 levels so that I could get 4 metal runs on a bar of stamina.

In hindsight, I would much rather have chosen a higher energy dungeon with fewer waves of enemies and a worse exp / stamina ratio, so that I could have just gotten it over with.

Best bang for buck, but I learned the hard way that it's definitely NOT the best bang for your time. So choose what is most important to you. It took me an entire fucking weekend of playing nonstop (only used 1 gem to refill energy) running that thing to gain 10 levels so that I could get 4 metal runs on a bar of stamina.

In hindsight, I would much rather have chosen a higher energy dungeon with fewer waves of enemies and a worse exp / stamina ratio, so that I could have just gotten it over with.

it isn't really a hard dungeon though, you can watch tv or something else while doing that.

Draxal

They need to update the Facebook page then because her DEF is 94 points higher while her REC is a whopping 245 points lower.

Someone maxed out their Anima type today and stats matched the FB photos.

Very odd.

Yeah it's very odd right now, if they reverted Lico's stats, I wouldn't have gained 50 def points on a level up on a 3 star Lico after the reversion. Either they canceled the reversion, or have changed her stats again.

Yeah it's very odd right now, if they reverted Lico's stats, I wouldn't have gained 50 def points on a level up on a 3 star Lico after the reversion. Either they canceled the reversion, or have changed her stats again.

Hopefully she gets to keep some form of a DEF buff. Considering she only has a single target BB the DEF would be welcome.

Cayena has a badass BB and her stats are much more well rounded, plus she hits 12-times as compared to Lico's 5-times on a regular attack.

Lico's stats as a Lord is now.

5309 1750 1130 1370

10270576_325303047594842_4402729294869348652_n.jpg

HP: -217
ATK: -108
DEF: +141
REC: +60

Should have left it alone. I like my Anima stats more. :-(

IMG_3006.png

MicH

Ack. Kikuri must wait yet another week to be evolved. I've done 8 runs, gotten two light totems and zero dark totems. This sucks

Draxal

Ack. Kikuri must wait yet another week to be evolved. I've done 8 runs, gotten two light totems ABD zero dark totems. This sucks

Yeah, its the number one complain in the game, and they said in the q and a that they'll bring the new vortexes over.

Draxal

That sounds glorious! The way it's set up now really isn't cutting it at all :(

Yeah its not. In japan, they were supposedly only limited time only, so I hope when they bring it over here it isn't the same. I know Kikuri and Sefia both require two of the totems to hit 6 so if they're limited time only I'm going to bank a ton of them.

so what are yall's usual item load out excluding the items for certain debuffs bosses have?

You just have to do it many times, the location you have to hit is very specific. Just keep doing it and hitting refresh till it works.

care to take a screenshot of arena and draw a dot in paint of where i should be pressing :D

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Why is the AI so stupid in arena? Like sometimes they have brave burst and just don't use it when it would totally make sense to heal the whole team. They kind of just do random shit.

Shit is maddening. Healer has heal burst. Doesn't use it. Then dies. Then I lose. Then I rage.

hmmm always found Revive to be a waste because you can only hold 1. rather have 5 dark seal for my dark team.
And are's flute has done me good for some bosses.

True you can only hold 1, but I figure if I need more than 1, I might just need to get stronger. And with Ares' Flute you never know who to use it on. I run a rainbow team, so seals haven't been very useful for me yet, and nothing kills the mood more than having to quit an entire dungeon just because ONE person died. Having that one revive has almost always allowed me to finish a dungeon where I would have otherwise been screwed.

True you can only hold 1, but I figure if I need more than 1, I might just need to get stronger. And with Ares' Flute you never know who to use it on. I run a rainbow team, so seals haven't been very useful for me yet, and nothing kills the mood more than having to quit an entire dungeon just because ONE person died. Having that one revive has almost always allowed me to finish a dungeon where I would have otherwise been screwed.

are's flute is party i believe.

It is and it's the only reason I beat FH end (and why Malnaplis's sixth star leader skill/sbb is OP).

Ahh the more you know.

Speaking of FH End, I started thinking that perhaps the optimal setup for FH involves a II&Mina leader. It seems like 80% of the difficulty from stage 4 comes from the ridiculous amount of status ailments that everyone inflicts. Every single attacking round it seems like 4/5 of your guys get inflicted with Defense Down, paralysis, or weakness, and it makes it impossible.

Draxal

Ahh the more you know.

Speaking of FH End, I started thinking that perhaps the optimal setup for FH involves a II&Mina leader. It seems like 80% of the difficulty from stage 4 comes from the ridiculous amount of status ailments that everyone inflicts. Every single attacking round it seems like 4/5 of your guys get inflicted with Defense Down, paralysis, or weakness, and it makes it impossible.

Honestly, I thought Six Kikuri or 2 Magress/4 Kikuri team was the best way to do it, last FH rewarded overkill and multiple kills and Six Kiks is the best way to guarantee that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
so besides frontier hunter, is there any pros of a rainbow team? Now i want to make one or a fire team for cayena... hmmm

Fun, really. I like being able to use different characters instead of running my mono dark team against... uh... nearly everything.

lmao just realized that you can have 5 cayenes in a party, big brain fart on my part.

well i did get a vargas from honor summon a while back, so 4 cayenes 1 vargas is probably a kick ass party.

about time i used the dude thats on the app icon. he better not suck.

Ferga

This is getting ridiculous. 26+ runs of the totem dungeon in the last 3 weeks and 0 dark totems.

I only have enough energy for two more this week. I am never getting 6* Magress.

Top Bottom