• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

blackflag

Awww yeah done the Lico dungeon like 100 times on level 2 and I finally got it 4 hours from ending. It's Anima so I guess I'll run it a couple more times to see if I can get a better version.

Ferga

Alright, I've done at least 30 runs of the totem dungeons and still no dark totem. Going to leave it on the totem dungeon screen so I can play one more.

I'll do a miracle run and see if I can get one. This is infuriating. I would pay a gem for a dark totem at this point

So have lico's stats been finalized yet? They alright?

Yes, it seems that at the moment they have stabilized. It is basically just a HP + ATK nerf and DEF & REC buff. Stats for Lord type have gone from:

HP: (Before) 5526 > (After) 5309
ATK: (Before) 1858 > (After) 1750
DEF: (Before) 989 > (After) 1130
REC: (Before) 1310 > (After) 1370

I think it looks better now than she was originally since she is no longer as squishy as she used to be.

w/ Sacred Jewel she is:

HP: 6354
ATK:2012
DEF: 1299
REC: 1575

Looks real good to me.

Rather new to this game but I'm digging it so far. Just cleared all the areas of the first map and haven't even explored what metal parade or any of the other vortex things are about. Leveling up seems like a really slow process, especially considering my good units go to level 40.

I've read to wait to summon until events are taking place. Is there an optimal time to do it?

Rather new to this game but I'm digging it so far. Just cleared all the areas of the first map and haven't even explored what metal parade or any of the other vortex things are about. Leveling up seems like a really slow process, especially considering my good units go to level 40.

I've read to wait to summon until events are taking place. Is there an optimal time to do it?

you pretty much should only level up through metal parade units. Once a day on the weekdays check imperial capital randall ->administration office, and you get a metal or jewel key per day which each opens the parade rooms for an hour.

best time to summon is when the News section mentions that there is increased rates for w/e the newest units are (which often are some of the better ones.)

So apparently by fusing an enemy into itself you get a guaranteed BB skillup. So like Lance into a Lance guarantees a BB skillup. The more you know...

Here's the unit that's coming to the limited time dungeon tomorrow.

A1TNPOu.jpg

He's a light-based unit, and will be capturable for 48 hours in Vortex. He drops as a 5* unit, and is supposedly a very rare capture.

Here's the unit that's coming to the limited time dungeon tomorrow.

A1TNPOu.jpg

He's a light-based unit, and will be capturable for 48 hours in Vortex. He drops as a 5* unit, and is supposedly a very rare capture.

Not shown in that picture is his BB skill.

9 Hit powerful AoE Light & Dark Damage.

He is also only hits 3-times on normal attack.

so im trying to figure out why this new unit is good... still not feeling it. I mean there isn't a healer for dark, but i dont think light has one either, so what kind of setup makes a yinyang party superior to monolight or dark?

Draxal

so im trying to figure out why this new unit is good... still not feeling it. I mean there isn't a healer for dark, but i dont think light has one either, so what kind of setup makes a yinyang party superior to monolight or dark?

He's not, light has a couple of healers but they aren't "premium" healers.

Kreed

Light has two healer units but they are "free" units that drop from normal stages, the best one being Mimir.

It's good if you want to run mono light/dark but don't have enough of 1 color to fill out the whole party.

Haven't had any success with lvl1 cayena, I'm like 0/15 :/ Anyone know if i can complete lvl2 with this squad:
3* Merith lvl 40
3* lico lvl 40
4* il & Mina lvl 56
4* kikuri lvl 35
4* alice lvl 60

The new unit has 2 dungeon levels.

10290633_328109340647546_4127144427019927603_n.png

The Keymaster has used the powers of a mysterious key to hypnotize the unwary souls of heroes into his dungeon! He has controlled Zeln, Alma, Stya and others - can you can break his evil power over them in the Level 1 dungeon? If you do, you may stand a chance to be amply rewarded with both their gratitude and their strength!

Foiling the Keymaster's plans has its own rewards - if you defeat him in the Level 2 dungeon, you have a higher chance of gaining his power as he acknowledges that you are the superior Summoner! No Summoner is left behind in our latest dungeon release, so see you at the Vortex on April 26 - 27 PST!

**Update**

We strongly advise everyone to prepare for this battle - from in-game to device preparations which includes checking your connection, restarting your device and closing all background applications before starting the dungeon.

Notice: Due to the intended difficulty level of the Event, please be informed that the Keymaster is unavailable for compensation.
Photo: #BraveFrontier

What a weird thing to say. Due to the difficulty level, they cannot compensate anyone? So please make sure you have a good connection? What does that even mean?

I'm pretty sure 100% of my connection issues are their servers being shit >.<"

It's good if you want to run mono light/dark but don't have enough of 1 color to fill out the whole party.

From what they make this out to be, if you don't already have kick ass dudes, you won't even be able to come close to getting this guy lol

and for some reason they flipped lvl 3 and lvl2 dungeons on cayene's dungeon. sneaky bastards.

I'm pretty sure 100% of my connection issues are their servers being shit >.<"

From what they make this out to be, if you don't already have kick ass dudes, you won't even be able to come close to getting this guy lol

and for some reason they flipped lvl 3 and lvl2 dungeons on cayene's dungeon. sneaky bastards.

It sounds like the level 1 dungeon will be very easy, because it says "No Summoner will be left behind in this event". It will probably just have ridiculously low capture rate.

In other news, I just got a Guardian Cayena :( Not the best type out there, but not the worst either, I guess.

It sounds like the level 1 dungeon will be very easy, because it says "No Summoner will be left behind in this event". It will probably just have ridiculously low capture rate.

In other news, I just got a Guardian Cayena :( Not the best type out there, but not the worst either, I guess.

I'm still calling bs that anyone got a lico on lvl1 lol

Draxal

so when did anima become the go-to class type?

Wasn't breaker the hot shit for the longest while?

Anima was always the hottest, guardian is the one that's becoming increasingly more valuable. (Before the best defence was a good offence, with Gra and his leader skill def became more viable).

As an aside, anybody playing the Japanese version? I got the new black thunder dude yesterday, he's kinda fun.

Anima was always the hottest, guardian is the one that's becoming increasingly more valuable. (Before the best defence was a good offence, with Gra and his leader skill def became more viable).

As an aside, anybody playing the Japanese version? I got the new black thunder dude yesterday, he's kinda fun.

so why anima over guardian? Is it due to how the damage formula works?

MicH

Just hard Cayenne (love the name lol) drop on level 2. Probably did around 6 runs through that, so I got her far easier than Lico. She's Lord, though, which is pretty decent I suppose

You will once this comes to Frontier Hunter. It is Hunter LVL 16 reward. I could have her in (2) more Frontier Hunter events if I continue to finish rank 3,000 or less. At worth it will take (3) Frontier Hunters.

Scratch that, she's Hunter Rank 21... :(

wiki

Her abilities are:

Leader skill : Increase BB every turn and immune to negative effects.
BB skill : Great heal and increase BB.

You will once this comes to Frontier Hunter. It is Hunter LVL 16 reward. I could have her in (2) more Frontier Hunter events if I continue to finish rank 3,000 or less. At worth it will take (3) Frontier Hunters.

Scratch that, she's Hunter Rank 21... :(

wiki

Her abilities are:

Leader skill : Increase BB every turn and immune to negative effects.
BB skill : Great heal and increase BB.

not bad... although i think id still rather have elimo's def buff.

and now that i think about it, i pretty much have my healer guarding the whole time in tough scenarios anyways so buff from leader skill doesn't really mean much.

What a weird thing to say. Due to the difficulty level, they cannot compensate anyone? So please make sure you have a good connection? What does that even mean?

If you unfortunately run into connection issues during this event they will not compensate you with a Keymaster.

Whoever is lucky enough to get this unit during the next (2) days will be the only people able to get this unit. Unless they one day decide to throw it into the Rare Summoning gate.

if only his stats weren't so meh. i feel like he would hurt overall dps of a party no matter what units you got, mainly because there isn't any limit on units per squad atm.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Picked up my 4th of the new fire unit.
Anima - Lord - Breaker - Oracle

I will continue to farm until I can replace that oracle with A, L, or B.

Gonna take some effort to level them up.

They said the same compensation thing about Miracle Totem and Dragon Mimic (and I guess Karl, since he was in that post, too), though. Of those, only Karl is actually hard.

I think people are just dumb and entitled on Facebook and ask for big compensation for every little thing (just like the PAD Facebook community). I always see them post pics of the stupidest teams, like a full team with only 6-star starters, too.

They said the same compensation thing about Miracle Totem and Dragon Mimic (and I guess Karl, since he was in that post, too), though. Of those, only Karl is actually hard.

I think people are just dumb and entitled on Facebook and ask for big compensation for every little thing (just like the PAD Facebook community). I always see them post pics of the stupidest teams, like a full team with only 6-star starters, too.

same thing in arena, i've seen teams with tons of badass units of different elements... but why is Dean your leader?

The only times i've had close battles are against the oddly rare mono team.

and now that i think about it, i pretty much have my healer guarding the whole time in tough scenarios anyways so buff from leader skill doesn't really mean much.

She is top healer for me. She is going to charge her BB so quick.

Think of her on your team with Grah as your leader. :)

OT3AYTUl.jpg

Leader Skill: 20% boost to max HP/Attack/Defense/Recovery, and reduces Light and Dark damage received by 15%.
Brave Burst: 13 combo powerful Dark and Light elemental attack to all enemies and buffs all allies with Dark and Light damage for two turns.

Think about it this way: II&Mina are one of the best leaders in the game currently. She's strictly better than II&Mina in every possible situation, unless you are going into a Thunder dungeon. But even then, she's still probably better.

I've ran level 1 five times now, and not even a Vargas yet.

Many stories of people getting Vargas and/or Cayene on lvl 1, so keep going as long as the event continues.

You not only give yourself a chance for either unit, which are good, but you will also be leveling up.

You should snag one eventually.

I have also updated that list. It is now:

Level 1: 0/2, caught Vargas (Oracle)
Level 2: 0/0, Never ran it.
Level 3: 4/9, 4x Cayene caught (2x Anima, 1x Lord and 1X Oracle)

Also, if you don't get her it's ultimately alright because there will also be a Water-type promo unit and you might be strong enough to topple level 2 by that point.

Many stories of people getting Vargas and/or Cayene on lvl 1, so keep going as long as the event continues.

You not only give yourself a chance for either unit, which are good, but you will also be leveling up.

You should snag one eventually.

That's the big positive I guess. I'm slowly but surely gaining levels.

That's the big positive I guess. I'm slowly but surely gaining levels.

You could try and give Keymaster a shot this weekend, but if you can barely do level 1 or not at all I would go back to focusing on getting Cayene right away.

Considering his drop is an automatic 5* I would wager you are still a bit unready for it, but who knows, level 1 might be super easy with an almost non-existant drop rate.

She is top healer for me. She is going to charge her BB so quick.

Think of her on your team with Grah as your leader. :)

OT3AYTUl.jpg

Leader Skill: 20% boost to max HP/Attack/Defense/Recovery, and reduces Light and Dark damage received by 15%.
Brave Burst: 13 combo powerful Dark and Light elemental attack to all enemies and buffs all allies with Dark and Light damage for two turns.

then whats the point of keymaster lol.

And something tells me this guy is gonna be a pain in your butt to get.

then whats the point of keymaster lol.

And something tells me this guy is gonna be a pain in your butt to get.

He is (if I am not mistaken) the next challenge at the Laboratory after Karl.

As for Keymaster, he is really nothing more that a collector's item to me. If I end up not getting him I'll be fine.

Top Bottom