• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That was the buff that he got. This Execution thing is new and totally wrecks you. FWIU you need to save your BB's until he's just over 50%, then at 50% use Thunder Seal / Ore and unleash everything you've got, in hopes that you get him down to about 25%. Then pray that you can burn him down to 0 with your remaining whatever team.

Should you start with your strongest team (the lightning team(?))?

Phades

I take it status effects don't stick on Karl after the first phase is over with.

I'm surprised that with units like bolt knight amy around that she can't take the hits he gives out (unless earth attacks). I'm also surprised that folks can actually take out a chunk of her HP in one round in the 20-30% range.

Lol, it just keeps sounding more and more like it isn't even worth trying for me until I get some good rare lightning pulls... Karl would just laugh at my fire team most likely.

I take it status effects don't stick on Karl after the first phase is over with.

I'm surprised that with units like bolt knight amy around that she can't take the hits he gives out (unless earth attacks). I'm also surprised that folks can actually take out a chunk of her HP in one round in the 20-30% range.

Lol, it just keeps sounding more and more like it isn't even worth trying for me until I get some good rare lightning pulls... Karl would just laugh at my fire team most likely.

Yea I'm waiting until they have Thunder rates up and/or until they do an increased rates for the next tier of rare summons to be released (the one with the lightning healer). Luckily he's here forever, so it's not like there's a rush to get him.

Phades

But you have to have beaten him in order to challenge grah right?

Given the elemental bias, grah sounds more possible by comparison for me. lol.

Yea, but Grah will be here forever too presumably. From what I've read of Grah, you need a team of full 6*s to even stand a chance. Which means your account level needs to be around 95 to support the cost, and then you need a bunch of medullas and stuff on top of that.

Yeah, I think good lightning units are necessary. To be completely truthful, when I say he "wiped" my entire squad, he really wiped everyone but my Lv.100 Anima Holy Thunder Eze, who took a ton of damage but didn't die (he went down the next turn, though). Among those who got iced was a Lv. 80 Guardian Goth Idol Kikuri with Medulla Gem at max HP. Without the half damage modifier from lightning, that move will just decimate your team, although I think he only does it once.

I wouldn't even bother with fire units.

Karl has another trick, where he can imbue his own attacks with lightning or earth elements. I don't think he can do fire, though.

Phades

Yea, but Grah will be here forever too presumably. From what I've read of Grah, you need a team of full 6*s to even stand a chance. Which means your account level needs to be around 95 to support the cost, and then you need a bunch of medullas and stuff on top of that.

Account level is easy. The medulla gems requirement just sounds like a hack though. Yeah folks have earned 3 of them by now and are basically going to be "free" since they already earned them previously when it would have been "harder" to do. Other things like tillith seem like it would help, but I'm not sure (again, those with previous success will get there sooner).

Yeah, I think good lightning units are necessary. To be completely truthful, when I say he "wiped" my entire squad, he really wiped everyone but my Lv.100 Anima Holy Thunder Eze, who took a ton of damage but didn't die (he went down the next turn, though). Among those who got iced was a Lv. 80 Guardian Goth Idol Kikuri with Medulla Gem at max HP. Without the half damage modifier from lightning, that move will just decimate your team, although I think he only does it once.

I wouldn't even bother with fire units.
Yep, that's what I was guessing. Aside from Arena and waiting for the tuesday/thursday events, I'm about out of things to do really. Sure I could spam metal parades and force my units to max, but I really don't see much of a point in that until the next frontier hunter rolls around. The 6* heroes and their leader skills really changed things for me.

Yea, but Grah will be here forever too presumably. Karl has another trick, where he can imbue his own attacks with lightning or earth elements. I don't think he can do fire, though.
I don't think earth units get beefy enough if Kikuri can't take the hit. Sure you could def buff with the new earth unit and try to ride out the damage, but I'm not really seeing it.

Maybe it is just a gamble with the "ignores defense" skills/items to just punch straight through him in the end. If so, it seems kinda lame.

The fact that fire is just no bueno for this makes Seria a non-option as well is sad. The extra defense she gives could have made a difference, but her being fire just seems like a liability.

For everyone wondering in regards to Karl and his 50% BB attack, just make sure that you get him close to 50% (BUT NOT BELOW) and wait until his Tidal Offensive buff wears off, then guard with all of your units except for (1). Then when you get him below 50% and he unleashes his big attack it won't hit as hard and you should end up only losing that (1) unit.

He can be defeated with (1) team if you do it right.

Items to bring would be:

Cure, Divine Light, Seal, Stimulant, Fujin Potion.

Fujin potion is for your healer. It can be a real life saver when you don't have time to wait for BB crystals to fill the gauge.

Seal is based on whatever type you are using.

Phades

For everyone wondering in regards to Karl and his 50% BB attack, just make sure that you get him close to 50% (BUT NOT BELOW) and wait until his Tidal Offensive buff wears off, then guard with all of your units except for (1). Then when you get him below 50% and he unleashes his big attack it won't hit as hard and you should end up only losing that (1) unit.

He can be defeated with (1) team if you do it right.

Items to bring would be:

Cure, Divine Light, Seal, Stimulant, Fujin Potion.

Fujin potion is for your healer. It can be a real life saver when you don't have time to wait for BB crystals to fill the gauge.

Seal is based on whatever type you are using.

Lol, he paralyzes? Damn that alone makes a lot of fights that much harder. Knowing my luck, even if I had the right units, he would manage to get all 6 paralyzed and I'd just watch him rip me apart for 2-3 turns in a row.
It has happened to me before too many times already

Lol, he paralyzes? Damn that alone makes a lot of fights that much harder. Knowing my luck, even if I had the right units, he would manage to get all 6 paralyzed and I'd just watch him rip me apart for 2-3 turns in a row.
It has happened to me before too many times already

Couldn't you bring an Il&Mina leader? Would also open up a slot for a different item, such as an Ore or a revive.

Draxal

Couldn't you bring an Il&Mina leader? Would also open up a slot for a different item, such as an Ore or a revive.

It's recommended to bring II and Mina (or the Lightning unit who has the same skill down the line).

He also does two other debuffs, (none as devestating as paralyze).

Yeah, I use MMBoss's Ill & Mina as a friend leader. I forgot about paralyze, but yes, he has a very high proc rate on it.

And yeah, I think guarding can make a huge difference when it comes to whatever Execution, but I had no idea he would do that, so I ate it. I might give it another shot, knowing it's coming now. Eze will likely be my sacrificial lamb, since he's the only one who can take the hit and possibly survive.

MicH

Yeah Lico is broken at the moment. Game crashes when I want to level her up.

Also, what are the pots for? Are they evo material?

chrono01

I'm kind of getting bored with this game. I mean, I still log in/play daily, but the rate at which you gain Magic Gems is ridiculous. You'd think they would have events similar to P&D where you get some for logging in, but even with their Log-In/Reward system [at Day 9], I've only gotten ONE Magic Gem since it began. I usually get Potions or Honor Points. Yay.

I could make do with my current team, but when I see so many fun Units being released, and no Magic Gems to try for them, it's just frustrating. I refuse to IAP [more than I already have, anyway] for this.

Maybe in a year or so things will be different [apparently, P&D didn't give out many Magic Stones near the beginning of its release], so there's always hope.

I'm kind of getting bored with this game. I mean, I still log in/play daily, but the rate at which you gain Magic Gems is ridiculous. You'd think they would have events similar to P&D where you get some for logging in, but even with their Log-In/Reward system [at Day 9], I've only gotten ONE Magic Gem since it began. I usually get Potions or Honor Points. Yay.

I could make do with my current team, but when I see so many fun Units being released, and no Magic Gems to try for them, it's just frustrating. I refuse to IAP [more than I already have, anyway] for this.

Maybe in a year or so things will be different [apparently, P&D didn't give out many Magic Stones near the beginning of its release], so there's always hope.
Have you been playing quests? There are tons of gems up for grabs there.

chrono01

Have you been playing quests? There are tons of gems up for grabs there.
Yeah, I've been doing them [have 7 Magic Gems total, and will likely get several more once I'm done], but considering they're finite, and the game isn't handing out free/event ones too often, it still worries me. :(

MicH

I agree, they're really stingy with the gems. I wish they would give them out for completing event dungeons like PAD too

I honestly wouldn't worry. For me, PAD actually got way worse when it started handing off too many magic stones and throwing up too many events. Eventually, it hit a point where everyone had all the best monsters and they had to compensate by making new, better monsters (and those monsters eventually got so good that they had to introduce bullshit, luck-reliant dungeons to stop them), and the gap between super whales and regular players widened to the point where the game is just no longer fun.

I much prefer the relaxed pace of BF for the time being.

Draxal

I agree, they're really stingy with the gems. I wish they would give them out for completing event dungeons like PAD too

They do on their max level (except for Lico). The Japanese versions gives out a lot more gems but no daily login bonus like global.

Kreed

I honestly wouldn't worry. For me, PAD actually got way worse when it started handing off too many magic stones and throwing up too many events. Eventually, it hit a point where everyone had all the best monsters and they had to compensate by making new, better monsters (and those monsters eventually got so good that they had to introduce bullshit, luck-reliant dungeons to stop them), and the gap between super whales and regular players widened to the point where the game is just no longer fun.

I much prefer the relaxed pace of BF for the time being.

It would be pretty hard for Brave Frontier to follow this type of scenario simply because of the gameplay and the abilities of the units. Sure there are units with better stats/abilities than others and some units are more suited for certain dungeons than others, but because they aren't as varied as PAD, it would be hard for Brave Frontier to focus a dungeon on one set of abilities/leader skills vs others without making it impossible to complete for the majority of their units.

Regardless this game hasn't reached the amount of monsters/units necessary to start handing out a bunch of gems for free like PAD does. If they were handing out Gems similar to PAD with the current global set of units we would obtain most of the units available in no time. Especially since, unlike PAD, you don't get "trolled" using Rare Summons. In PAD you can easily spend 50+ Stones and only get useless monsters that can't help you complete the game for all the gems you used. Whereas in Brave you are guaranteed to get something you can use, even if it's a duplicate.

man... keep on getting oracle cayenes...

and it seems like update fixed licos. Glad these games allow emergency updates without having to go through google/apple cert.

Lan_97

Pulled a Dilma(L) and Elimo(O). Dilma seems pretty useful. I was hoping to pull Lilith for a rainbow team, but I guess Dilma can fill that role for now. Not sure what to do with a second Elimo.

Phades

Yeah, I've been doing them [have 7 Magic Gems total, and will likely get several more once I'm done], but considering they're finite, and the game isn't handing out free/event ones too often, it still worries me. :(

Only "freebie" gems they dole out is with frontier hunter and the weekly dungeons. I think I've pulled 3 gems on the daily total.

Phades

Pulled a Dilma(L) and Elimo(O). Dilma seems pretty useful. I was hoping to pull Lilith for a rainbow team, but I guess Dilma can fill that role for now. Not sure what to do with a second Elimo.

Jer terk mar Elimo!

I got, mifune #3 from the pull. ><;

TimeKillr

I'm wondering something...

What does increasing the BB level for Healers do? Does it restore more HP?

I ask because I have 2 healers in my common team (makes it I don't die often!) - a max level Mimir and a max level May (both fully evolved).

The Mimir is also at max BB while the May is at BB lvl 1. They both seem to heal for the same amount, so what's the different? Am I just blind that I don't see it?

Only "freebie" gems they dole out is with frontier hunter and the weekly dungeons. I think I've pulled 3 gems on the daily total.
I've pulled 2 from dailies (although I'm happy that most of the daily bonuses are quite good). My gems actually go a long way, though, since I don't pull the REM often, at all.

Draxal

All "new pulls" from now on will be 4* and higher, and they have increased rates whenever that new unit is up.

I knew next week is when Im going to be pulling a bit.

New= as in new units, you still can get the crap mifunes/tbirds as well.

so if i want to burn gems for metal parade, whats the best approach? I assume forming a party of high hitters is ideal (aka cayene army).

And have exactly enough juice to run parade the maximum amoutn of times in which the last time = level up... then keep running it and use gem, running, gem, until near time out, then sneak in a last run by hanging out in that room.

sounds right?

All "new pulls" from now on will be 4* and higher, and they have increased rates whenever that new unit is up.

I knew next week is when Im going to be pulling a bit.

New= as in new units, you still can get the crap mifunes/tbirds as well.

Yea, but even among next week's units, I think even still only the Lightning healer is good, right? I'll probably pull until I get one lightning healer and then stop (unless it's the worst possible type, in which case I might pull until I get something that isn't the absolute worst type). I'd rather continue to save for when they do an increased elemental rate for dark (in hopes of a Kikuri) or Lightning (for building up a Karl squad)

Draxal

Yea, but even among next week's units, I think even still only the Lightning healer is good, right? I'll probably pull until I get one lightning healer and then stop (unless it's the worst possible type, in which case I might pull until I get something that isn't the absolute worst type). I'd rather continue to save for when they do an increased elemental rate for dark (in hopes of a Kikuri) or Lightning (for building up a Karl squad)

I actually like the Dark and Water units as well. Dark is a better lico (there's a vid of him soloing a miracle totem since his bb hits hard and drains life) and the Water unit has the II mina leader skill.

They don't have six star yets, which is a concern (the upcoming units after them already have their 6 star forms).

so if i want to burn gems for metal parade, whats the best approach? I assume forming a party of high hitters is ideal (aka cayene army).

And have exactly enough juice to run parade the maximum amoutn of times in which the last time = level up... then keep running it and use gem, running, gem, until near time out, then sneak in a last run by hanging out in that room.

sounds right?

You also want to have alot of unit space and bring a leader that ignores enemy defence (Melchio and Duel Gx).

I actually like the Dark and Water units as well. Dark is a better lico (there's a vid of him soloing a miracle totem since his bb hits hard and drains life) and the Water unit has the II mina leader skill.

They don't have six star yets, which is a concern (the upcoming units after them already have their 6 star forms).

Ahh shit, that's right, I guess I need to get all 3 of them then.

sounds right?

You don't need to start right when your energy is enough to level you. You just want to level at some point during your MP spam. You also want to get enough unit boxes so that you don't have to spend time fusing in the middle of your MP run. Personally, for me, that means I need about 120 free boxes before I start spamming MP. Which if you do the math, also suggests that I can get about 24 runs in in an hour, so as long as your exp to next level is below 20k, you should be able to make the most out of your free energy bar.

I don't recommend doing it unless you have at least 60 energy (4 runs / stamina bar) or you'll use way too many gems.

Draxal

Ahh shit, that's right, I guess I need to get all 3 of them then.

yeah, they're better than the last tier for sure. If you really want to save gems and go bang for the buck I'd wait till they release Lunar(l)is(th)'s tier and do an increased drop rate when those guys come out (which is still 3-4 months away).

I actually was just about to ask where to dump all my lightning EXP monsters, but now that that new healer should be coming, I guess I'll wait and see if I get him. Is he better than Eltri?

i think my problem with this game atm is every new units look ok to good, but not THAT much better than my current stuff to make me want to use my gems lol. ill probably wait until that recent jp dark gal is out before burning gems again.

now that 'real' games are coming out again, can't waste too much money on f2p stuff :X

Draxal

I actually was just about to ask where to dump all my lightning EXP monsters, but now that that new healer should be coming, I guess I'll wait and see if I get him. Is he better than Eltri?

Better stats at 5 star, leader skill is same as Aisha/Aem, and his heal is a crit buff. Depends if you like the debuff removal or crit buff better.

Phades

I've pulled 2 from dailies (although I'm happy that most of the daily bonuses are quite good). My gems actually go a long way, though, since I don't pull the REM often, at all.

Needs less angel tears though (should be a reward 3-4 teirs back imho). The monetary reward vs the 2 jewel god is a tad redundant and a bit out of whack. I am not sure if they really looked at what it is or if they just had some logic scaling and called it good.

I plunk away at the pulls in the off chance I grab elimo or something else useful (read: not fire units).

Draxal

Wish a Cayenes would drop. I keep doing tier 3 and it keeps costing me at least 1 gem. Done it like 6 times now and nothing.

Don't bother doing three if it costs a gem, just do 2.

Needs less angel tears though (should be a reward 3-4 teirs back imho). The monetary reward vs the 2 jewel god is a tad redundant and a bit out of whack. I am not sure if they really looked at what it is or if they just had some logic scaling and called it good.

I plunk away at the pulls in the off chance I grab elimo or something else useful (read: not fire units).

The gold reward gives twice as much as the Jewel gods, so I really don't understand why they have both.

Top Bottom