• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

The gold reward gives twice as much as the Jewel gods, so I really don't understand why they have both.
More, actually. At 9 bars, it's 384k (I just got it the other night), whereas two Jewel Gods would only sell for 100k. Still I just consider the Jewel Gods a lesser prize, and the Angel Tear and Ares Flute and whatnot are dud prizes. It's definitely way better than PAD's 200 PAL points and 500 coins.

so for a general dungeon party, whats a good mix of healer vs aoe vs single bb?

thinking of getting a lico in my party so it will be 3 aoe 1 single hit 1 healer.

Phades

The gold reward gives twice as much as the Jewel gods, so I really don't understand why they have both.
Yeah, that is more or less my point. The god option doesn't scale right. I would have guessed it to be far more parrallel, or at least following a predictable curve like 1->2>3>4>5 (spirits)->king->2>3>4>God->2>3 for example (i think i went too many teirs though...). IIRC it did something like 1 through 3 spirits, then kings 1->2, then gods 1->2. I'd need to double check/confirm against something else though. I just recall looking at it and it not making much sense at that time.

A previous teir gave out angel idols (instead of the component tears). The idols got replaced by the fujin potions, which I have no beef with. Those mats are kind of a pain in the butt to get for the fujin potions in equal combinations. If a material component has to be an option, why not gold drops? I can't seem to get them anywhere except the level 4 friday dungeon... This also negates any possibility for getting them in the quantites needed to make stuff in the first place, which is annoying.

so for a general dungeon party, whats a good mix of healer vs aoe vs single bb?

thinking of getting a lico in my party so it will be 3 aoe 1 single hit 1 healer.

If I had the units for it and I were trying to build something specific and included a single target BB character, the single target BB character should bring a status effect that sticks to the boss of whatever i'm doing or produce a solid utility effect (sadly these are in short supply). Status effect characters aren't super rare, unless looking for curse or attack break.

The rare healers I don't think really detract from a party as a whole since they aren't squishy like many of the offensive characters and AOE certainly speeds up the trip through a dungeon.

Draxal

Yeah, that is more or less my point. The god option doesn't scale right. I would have guessed it to be far more parrallel, or at least following a predictable curve like 1->2>3>4>5 (spirits)->king->2>3>4>God->2>3 for example (i think i went too many teirs though...). IIRC it did something like 1 through 3 spirits, then kings 1->2, then gods 1->2. I'd need to double check/confirm against something else though. I just recall looking at it and it not making much sense at that time.

A previous teir gave out angel idols (instead of the component tears). The idols got replaced by the fujin potions, which I have no beef with. Those mats are kind of a pain in the butt to get for the fujin potions in equal combinations. If a material component has to be an option, why not gold drops? I can't seem to get them anywhere except the level 4 friday dungeon... This also negates any possibility for getting them in the quantites needed to make stuff in the first place, which is annoying.

Yeah, I was reiterating your point. I wish they gave out blood pelts and guardian eyes.

Phades

Yeah, I was reiterating your point. I wish they gave out blood pelts and guardian eyes.

Those would be nice. I was just trying to follow the "established" logic for the rewards with materials for consumable items. I find it a little disapointing that the stuff I use the most, is the same stuff I was using since I started doing morgan dungeons basically.

Draxal

Oracle Buff Numbers

Using a Max Unholy Magress

Type HP Rec
Lord 5941 960
Anima 6688 764
Oracle 5187 1170
Oracle (buff) 5649 1242

atlantos

Neo Member
Is there a trick to beat Lomass Forest? That Vamp and the other guy make too much damage for me to heal back every turn... Also, I am running out of grass to make potions and high potions... what's the trick to get these items in high volume...

Is there a trick to beat Lomass Forest? That Vamp and the other guy make too much damage for me to heal back every turn... Also, I am running out of grass to make potions and high potions... what's the trick to get these items in high volume...

Put them as your requested gift item. Also they come from the town, so levelling up your farm and river is a godo way to get them. Other than that, just be conservative in their use early on, especially with high potions.

The Vampire in Lomass Forest is a serious level check. Don't expect to beat it unless you have a full team of 4* units, with some 5*s thrown in as well.

atlantos

Neo Member
Put them as your requested gift item. Also they come from the town, so levelling up your farm and river is a godo way to get them. Other than that, just be conservative in their use early on, especially with high potions.

The Vampire in Lomass Forest is a serious level check. Don't expect to beat it unless you have a full team of 4* units, with some 5*s thrown in as well.

Thanks.. I got a team of 4* units... I suppose I should try to make some of them 5* as well... So I must beat Totems on Thursday Dungeon.. Any tips on how to beat Thursday Dungeon?

Also, I am using healing items sparingly but some of the harder dungeons are requiring me to use a lot of healing items to get through..

Kreed

I went mono light with 50% leads for that dungeon, targeting the Vampire first. Douglas was straight forward after that.

Thanks.. I got a team of 4* units... I suppose I should try to make some of them 5* as well... So I must beat Totems on Thursday Dungeon.. Any tips on how to beat Thursday Dungeon?

Also, I am using healing items sparingly but some of the harder dungeons are requiring me to use a lot of healing items to get through..

Your best bet for Thursday dungeon is just to bring the strongest team you can, with a good healer and a 5-6* friend leader (if you have any on your friends lists). Just make sure you don't bring ANY units that are weak against the element of the dungeon, and put as many that are strong against the dungeon element as you can.

Also remember that the totem is a guaranteed drop at the end, so if you do need to spend a gem to beat it, it won't go to waste. Don't gem unless you actually get to the boss and are doing well enough against him that you know you won't have to spend another one, though.

One possible wrench in your plans is that (randomly) light and dark totems can spawn in the dungeon. They're rare, but difficult.

atlantos

Neo Member
Your best bet for Thursday dungeon is just to bring the strongest team you can, with a good healer and a 5-6* friend leader (if you have any on your friends lists). Just make sure you don't bring ANY units that are weak against the element of the dungeon, and put as many that are strong against the dungeon element as you can.

Also remember that the totem is a guaranteed drop at the end, so if you do need to spend a gem to beat it, it won't go to waste. Don't gem unless you actually get to the boss and are doing well enough against him that you know you won't have to spend another one, though.

One possible wrench in your plans is that (randomly) light and dark totems can spawn in the dungeon. They're rare, but difficult.

What would you consider a good healer? I have a light healer girl maxed level and evolved.. Is that good enough? Going forward, should I be finding another healer?

What would you consider a good healer? I have a light healer girl maxed level and evolved.. Is that good enough? Going forward, should I be finding another healer?

Unfortunately all the "good" healers are premium healers (i.e. rare summon only), so if you're a free player, then it really comes down to luck whether you can get one of the better ones. If you can't, then I suggest trying to get an Anima version of each element free healer, although the unit type will really only start to matter as you do harder content.

The 3* healers are good enough to get you through most basic content, but more difficult content they will start to show their weaknesses. I wouldn't worry about it too much right now, as the 3* healers will take you a good ways.

For reference, the best healers in my opinion are Elimo > Logion > World Tree > Lancia. The second one of those (Logion) won't even be released until next week.

Eventually some existing units such as Alice and a few others get a Super Brave Burst that also heals, so that gives you more options if you're a free player, although it requires getting a unit to 6* max level, which is in and of itself quite a feat (although do-able) for a free player.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yes, you are going to want to find a better healer going forward (though you might be able to do it with light healer for tomorrow). Tree, Elimo, lancia, phoenix... or one of the new healers... they make life easier. I can set my healer up if you want to use him. I use Lancia or Tree usually as my healer. Wish we could trade units.

Have you cleared every map in Mistral already? If not, you should probably do that first. I'm making my way through Cordelica now, and the difficulty really picks up after Lomass Forest. At this point, even if you eke out a win against the Vampire, you won't make it too much further in the following maps without a stronger party.

atlantos

Neo Member
Have you cleared every map in Mistral already? If not, you should probably do that first. I'm making my way through Cordelica now, and the difficulty really picks up after Lomass Forest. At this point, even if you eke out a win against the Vampire, you won't make it too much further in the following maps without a stronger party.

Yes, I have completed the Mistral Map... Beat Maxwell just today.. For harder dungeons, I still need to use a lot of healing potions to get through... Should I go back to lower dungeons to level up ... especially my bb? What does leveling my bb do anyway? More damage?

MicH

Alright, week three of trying to get a dark totem. If i don't get it today I don't know what I'm going to do

Ferga

Alright, week three of trying to get a dark totem. If i don't get it today I don't know what I'm going to do

I'm on my third week too. After today, I would have done ~34 totem runs.

18 light totems and 0 dark totems. I tried miracle totem and got another light totem just then. I hate RNG so much.

MicH

I'm on my third week too. After today, I would have done ~34 totem runs.

18 light totems and 0 dark totems. I tried miracle totem and got another light totem just then. I hate RNG so much.
I said god damn. I'm only at 10 runs so far with two light totems and zero dark totems. It really is ridiculous

Kreed

How did you deal with 1000 damage done by Douglas per turn or every second turn?

The game doesn't seem to want to give me light totems, so right now I have a team of 4 star light units excluding free healer Mimir who is 3 star. I also brought in Ares Flutes as well as Seals and Ores to lower damage/raise my units attack, in addition to healing items.

Pbae

Hey guys so as of today I have a bunch of units and wanted to know which ones you think I should sell or merge. I haven't increased my unit inventory space yet so I'm still at 50 spots but it hasn't been a real issue until now. I just haven't really gotten rid of any characters that are rare/semi rare and since I want to play this game with no IAP it's difficult to spend gems on things like increased storage since Gumi is so reluctant to hand out gems. Any tips would be appreciative :D

4* Fire King Vargas/Breaker/Max Lvl
4* Ice Ruler Sergio/Breaker Max Lvl
3* Vine Pike Lance/ Anima Max Lvl
4* Hawkeye Lario/Breaker Max Lvl
5* Mother Earth Edea/Lord Max Lvl
5*Thunder God Eze/Guardian Max Lvl
5* Thunder God Eze/ Guardian 27/80
3* Advisor Weiss/Guardian Max Lvl
5* God Atro/Oracle Max Lvl
4* Holy Queen Luna/Anima Max Lvl
4* Black Magress/Anima Max Lvl
4* God Blade Mifune/Breaker Max Lvl
5* Scythe God Alice/Guardian Max Lvl
2* Fencer Vargas/Anima Max Lvl
2* Beast Zegar/Anima 7/30
3* Rage Beast Zegar/Lord 23/40
3* Dragon Graven/Guardian 1/60
2* Stya/Anima 1/30
2* Boxer Nemia/Anima 12/30
5* Keymaster Gilnea/Lord 49/80
4* Hot Rocket Cayena/Breaker 10/60
4* Dark Blade Lico/Breaker 1/60
2* Iron Magress/Oracle 1/30
2* Luna/Guardian 1/30

Also, Miracle totem was a terrible mistake...I was destroyed...

Lan_97

Got a miracle totem today and picked up a dark totem along the way. Now I just need to max out my thunder/dark teams for Karl.

Does miracle totem ever cast Chaos Trilogy multiple time in one turn? I think the worst I got was 1 Chaos Trilogy and 2 Invasion (dark aoe).

Pbae

Got a miracle totem today and picked up a dark totem along the way. Now I just need to max out my thunder/dark teams for Karl.

Does miracle totem ever cast Chaos Trilogy multiple time in one turn? I think the worst I got was 1 Chaos Trilogy and 2 Invasion (dark aoe).

Right off the bat he cast two Chaos Trilogy and another AOE elemental attack. That pretty much sealed my fate.

Draxal

Hey guys so as of today I have a bunch of units and wanted to know which ones you think I should sell or merge. I haven't increased my unit inventory space yet so I'm still at 50 spots but it hasn't been a real issue until now. I just haven't really gotten rid of any characters that are rare/semi rare and since I want to play this game with no IAP it's difficult to spend gems on things like increased storage since Gumi is so reluctant to hand out gems. Any tips would be appreciative :D

4* Fire King Vargas/Breaker/Max Lvl
4* Ice Ruler Sergio/Breaker Max Lvl
3* Vine Pike Lance/ Anima Max Lvl
4* Hawkeye Lario/Breaker Max Lvl
5* Mother Earth Edea/Lord Max Lvl
5*Thunder God Eze/Guardian Max Lvl
5* Thunder God Eze/ Guardian 27/80
3* Advisor Weiss/Guardian Max Lvl
5* God Atro/Oracle Max Lvl
4* Holy Queen Luna/Anima Max Lvl
4* Black Magress/Anima Max Lvl
4* God Blade Mifune/Breaker Max Lvl
5* Scythe God Alice/Guardian Max Lvl
2* Fencer Vargas/Anima Max Lvl
2* Beast Zegar/Anima 7/30
3* Rage Beast Zegar/Lord 23/40
3* Dragon Graven/Guardian 1/60
2* Stya/Anima 1/30
2* Boxer Nemia/Anima 12/30
5* Keymaster Gilnea/Lord 49/80
4* Hot Rocket Cayena/Breaker 10/60
4* Dark Blade Lico/Breaker 1/60
2* Iron Magress/Oracle 1/30
2* Luna/Guardian 1/30

Also, Miracle totem was a terrible mistake...I was destroyed...

The problem with this is your Oracle magress is the best for PVE but your Anima Magress is really good for Arena but horrible in PVE. I'm dump your guardian Luna and Zegar right now. And I'm farm up as many Cayena's as possible while she's still on as she is really really good for a free unit, as you have a pretty good core for a Fire team with your Anima Vargas.

Gumi is treating this game kinda wierdly right now, they're very stingy on giving gems, but they have amazing units as capturables right now with pretty decent drop rates (RNG is still Rng now).

new maiden dungeon is out...

_20140426_220408-jpg.17202

duck waifu

and second key i wasted because i used them and gotten emergency meeting at work within minutes :/

5 totem runs, 3 light totems :lol: i do actually need a dark totem, but i have so much other stuff that it won't be the end of the world if i don't get it thhis week. I can try 1 more run later then it'll have to wait until next week.

Lan_97

Right off the bat he cast two Chaos Trilogy and another AOE elemental attack. That pretty much sealed my fate.

That's rough. I'll probably hold off on a another miracle run until after I evolve to 6* Eze. Looks like I will being doing one thunder totem run and then vortex farming.

Draxal

New water one is named Serin.

She inflicts injury (not near as bad as curse or paralysis). Don't bring mono thunder as one of her waves has six douglases supposedly.

Base Stats at 3* level 1

Hp 2120
Atk 708
Def 875
Rec 952

Aoe bb for 12 hits.

Go for breaker or anima (like usual). I have a feeling she will be much better then Dean.

Pbae

The problem with this is your Oracle magress is the best for PVE but your Anima Magress is really good for Arena but horrible in PVE. I'm dump your guardian Luna and Zegar right now. And I'm farm up as many Cayena's as possible while she's still on as she is really really good for a free unit, as you have a pretty good core for a Fire team with your Anima Vargas.

Gumi is treating this game kinda wierdly right now, they're very stingy on giving gems, but they have amazing units as capturables right now with pretty decent drop rates (RNG is still Rng now).

Yeah, I'm thinking about scrapping Luna, one of my Zegars (thinking Lord over Anima), Troll Dragon Graven, and my Guardian Eze.

She inflicts injury (not near as bad as curse or paralysis). Don't bring mono thunder as one of her waves has six douglases supposedly.

Base Stats at 3* level 1

Hp 2120
Atk 708
Def 875
Rec 952

Aoe bb for 12 hits.

Go for breaker or anima (like usual). I have a feeling she will be much better then Dean.
there a gem for lvl3?

Phades

Man, that's sone crazy bad luck, i feel for you guys. I've done like 10-15 and gotten 1 or 2 of each. Hope it picks up soon.

I've noticed the RNG has been biasing towards light lately on the tuesday and thursday dungeons. When I was doing totems and pots, 3 of the 5 waves were light units (actual captures were less though). I've only gotten 1 dark totem through all the totem runs I've done so far and I've gotten 5 light totems (used 2 for fusion fodder....).

Did another gem pull just now and got Vishra (anima). Looks like that will be my replacement for Lava (oracle). If i don't pull mifune, I seem to just about only pull fire units. I can't explain why...

Kreed

I would get gems and increase your space to be honest (I'm at 70 right now with no IAP). Otherwise, I would drop the easy to farm units (Mifune, Nemia, etc...) since you can always farm them again. Obviously units like Lico or Keymaster I'd avoid getting rid of since we don't know when those dungeons will show up again for you to get those units back and I'd also avoid getting rid of the "starter" unit sets (Vargas, Eze, etc...) since they have 6 star forms.

Phades

Sounds like it would be useful to bring along that Red axe michele chick then for a thunder team. Element swap to fire with attack boost and burn them down before they can hurt you too much.

Or probably better would be to bing the lightning element swap guy with a dark element team and just have him guard through the douglas fight...

Sounds like it would be useful to bring along that Red axe michele chick then for a thunder team. Element swap to fire with attack boost and burn them down before they can hurt you too much.

Or probably better would be to bing the lightning element swap guy with a dark element team and just have him guard through the douglas fight...

I think just an entire team of neutral-element guys would work fine. So light, dark, water, earth. Just no fire or thunder.

Draxal

Beat her level 3 easily with my mono dark. Her hit count in her normal attack has to be around 10 to 12. Probably will be the best water unit until six star Levi. (And you only want one six star Levi).

Beat her level 3 easily with my mono dark. Her hit count in her normal attack has to be around 10 to 12. Probably will be the best water unit until six star Levi. (And you only want one six star Levi).

How does her difficulty compare against Cayena and Lico?

Top Bottom