• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

I think his sprite looks pretty awesome. And while his 5* form is lacking, he could always get a 6* form which turns him into a beast. That's the main reason why I grab the limited characters.

He almost has Scythe God Alice stats.

If he had a 6* form I am sure he would be quite viable.

Draxal

Alright, it is new team time since I am getting a bit bored of always running the same Mono Dark team.

Here are my units. Was thinking of going with 6* Leviathan and building a BB team but not quite sure.

Throw out some suggestions and i'll see what they can do.

Dark Units:

5* Kikuri (Guardian)
5* Kikuri (Breaker)
5* Lico (Anima w/Buffed stats from before the "fix")
5* Death God Lodaga (Guardian)
6* Unholy Magress (Breaker)
3* Maiden Lico (Breaker)
3* Maiden Lico (Anima)
3* Ninja Oboro (Anima)

Light Units:

5* Keymaster Gilnea (Breaker)
3* Adventurer Alma (Lord)
3* Wyvern (Guardian)
3* Wyvern (Orace)

Thunder Units:

5* Thunder God Eze (Lord)
4* Thunder King Eze (Lord)
3* Thunder Eze (Breaker)
5* Goddess Emilia (Oracle)
4* Princess Emelia (Oracle)

Water Units:

5* Commander Mega (Anima)
3* Captain Mega (Guardian)
3* Leviathan (Lord)

Earth Units:

3* Gunner Douglas (Anima)
5* God Tree Eltri (Anima)

Fire Units:

5* Fire God Vargas (Lord)
5* Drake Queen Aisha (Anima)
3* Maiden Cayena (Anima)
3* Maiden Cayena (Anima)
3* Maiden Cayena (Lord)
4* Swordswoman Seria (Lord)
3* Lava (Breaker)

Vargas/Aisha/Cayena/Cayena/Caynea. (Bench a Cayena for a healer if needed).

Phades

From what they make this out to be, if you don't already have kick ass dudes, you won't even be able to come close to getting this guy lol

and for some reason they flipped lvl 3 and lvl2 dungeons on cayene's dungeon. sneaky bastards.

That guy was all hype. Licorice was harder (well that could be said about most high atk units with armor break BB spam like the weiss/leore fight...). He was roughly equivilant to a miracle totem. Captured him once on my wife's tablet. Nada on my phone. I liked how the dungeon was setup so you could catch other stuff that was released previously, in addition to idols and metals depending on spawns. It made the trip interesting even if I didn't grab the guy at the end.

Pretty much you need a friend with Gra to get Gra.
Isn't that like dividing by zero?

hmmmm mono dark party is currently:

5* breaker alice
4* breaker alice
5* breaker kikuri
5* guardian kikuri
5* lord elimo

That 4* alice is always dead or near dead lol... think ill replace her with one of my anima licos...not sure what else is needed to round this party up.

Vargas/Aisha/Cayena/Cayena/Caynea. (Bench a Cayena for a healer if needed).

I was thinking that, but wouldn't a 4th Cayena be much better than Aisha due to her BB causing paralysis and being much greater for BB/Heart crystal drops due to having 12-hits? Aisha is only 5-hits and her BB attack inflicts no status effects, as well as hitting 2 less times (Cayena BB hits 12-times, Aisha BB hits 10-times).

Outside of being a rainbow leader I believe Cayena is actually the much better support unit.

Draxal

I was thinking that, but wouldn't a 4th Cayena be much better than Aisha due to her BB causing paralysis and being much greater for BB/Heart crystal drops due to having 12-hits? Aisha is only 5-hits and her BB attack inflicts no status effects, as well as hitting 2 less times (Cayena BB hits 12-times, Aisha BB hits 10-times).

Outside of being a rainbow leader I believe Cayena is actually the much better support unit.

Pretty much every boss is immune to paralysis and Aisha has much better stats and a six star incoming.

MicH

I'm currently rocking a team consisting of:

(L) 4* Goth Kikuri (Oracle)
5* God Phoenix (Oracle)
4* Dark Blade Lico (Guardian)
5* Thunder God Eze (Guardian)
5* Genius Elimo (Lord)

It's been working out well so far. Kikuri leader isn't really that good as I only have two dark types in thsi team (and I don't really have other dark types, except an untrained Oboro). I d have a lot of light types though, so I might make a light team soon. They're not really leveled up though (3* Anima Atro, 3* Anima Wyvern, 2* Oracle Alma and 5* Breaker Aem)

EDIT I do have a lot of decent fire types, too, I guess. A 3* Lord Cayena, 4* Lord Lorand, 3* Oracle Lorand, 2* Breaker Zegar, 3* Anima Vargas, 2* Lord Vargas and the Phoenix currently in my team

Pretty much every boss is immune to paralysis and Aisha has much better stats and a six star incoming.

6* Aisha just released in Japan didn't it? If so then it is a long way from us on Global.

Until then I believe Cayena will remain the better support unit. Once 6* Aisha drops though I will already be prepared since mine is currently lvl 74.

Drake Queen Aisha
Anima 5,892* 1,554 1,488 1,377*
5-hit regular attack & 10-hit Fire BB attack

War Rocket Cayena
Anima 5,731* 1,510 1,514 1,109*
12-hit regular attack & 12-hit Fire BB attack w/ paralysis

I find it incredible how arguably the best current Fire unit (If not for 6* Vargas w/ 10% HP bonus) is a F2P unit.

Phades

I find it incredible how arguably the best current Fire unit (If not for 6* Vargas w/ 10% HP bonus) is a F2P unit.

Carrot/Stick.

There has to be something dangling around to keep the F2P folks' collective attention since this game is basically only farming the game at the moment with sprinkles of arena the broken and the monthly frontier hunter with the dark leaning bias.

Licorice is/was up there too, but not quite where the new fire unit is. I'm somewhat anticipating that the rest of this wave of characters to be similarly useful. Last wave of "freebies" were too paper thin and need a higher evolution form to keep pace with newer content.

(Edit: this ignores selectively useful things, like Stya in general for BB and Oboro for AoE curse)

So, after a bunch of runs (I started blowing gems on it last night, too. No IAP, but I used a good 4 gems), I was unable to capture a Keymaster. They really do need to either tune the drop rate or down the stamina draw (or up the time) on this thing, or it's going to feel a lot like the new, bullshit PAD dungeons that are making people like me quit that game.

I did get a Guardian Cayena, though. I guess I should also go for Anima.

Draxal

So, after a bunch of runs (I started blowing gems on it last night, too. No IAP, but I used a good 4 gems), I was unable to capture a Keymaster. They really do need to either tune the drop rate or down the stamina draw (or up the time) on this thing, or it's going to feel a lot like the new, bullshit PAD dungeons that are making people like me quit that game.

I did get a Guardian Cayena, though. I guess I should also go for Anima.

Cayena and her tier drops rates are much much much higher than Keymaster and she's a much much better unit. Last three runs of I her actually went Anima/Lord/Anima after going 0-8 on Level 3.

They gotten a good amount of hate for Keymaster's drop rates(they're facebook on him is really pretty btrual), so I think they're going to readjust their strategy.

Game really should have unit limits per squad, otherwise there really is no reason not to have 4 or 5 of the 'best' unit, or have squad buffs or something.

Phades

Game really should have unit limits per squad, otherwise there really is no reason not to have 4 or 5 of the 'best' unit, or have squad buffs or something.

That would contradict their desire to draw cash out of folks to get copies of stuff like Kikuri, since there are no limits, it is random and rare, and only to be trumped by something else down the road (typically) by using similar methods.

As a game design as a whole, it would be more interesting with a system like you are suggesting.

That would contradict their desire to draw cash out of folks to get copies of stuff like Kikuri, since there are no limits, it is random and rare, and only to be trumped by something else down the road (typically) by using similar methods.

As a game design as a whole, it would be more interesting with a system like you are suggesting.

or pairing units, ie: some that complement each other so well that you can get massive spark combo if they overlap properly.

As we converge on JP, I think we will see less of this. When there's 100 units in the summoning pool, versus 500 units in the summoning pool, it's much more viable to get multiple of the same unit.

I think the real problem is more in the encounter design. There should be things in the individual encounters that encourage unit diversity.

Draxal

or pairing units, ie: some that complement each other so well that you can get massive spark combo if they overlap properly.

I kinda would like something like this.

Six Heroes formation.

If your units include Vargas/Selena/Lance/Eze/Atro and or Magrress you get a +50 atk/10 hp/def/rec.

gazele

Banned
Okay, so I admit to being a newb but I'm at the gigantor that costs 8 energy, is that supposed to be hard? Cause everything else is super easy and then I can't beat this last boss, does this happen to everyone starting out?

Cayena and her tier drops rates are much much much higher than Keymaster and she's a much much better unit. Last three runs of I her actually went Anima/Lord/Anima after going 0-8 on Level 3.

They gotten a good amount of hate for Keymaster's drop rates(they're facebook on him is really pretty btrual), so I think they're going to readjust their strategy.
I'm actually like 1/20 or something on Cayena. Been having some bad luck on the RNG recently, but this is probably to balance the relatively good luck I had with the REM early on.

Phades

I kinda would like something like this.

Six Heroes formation.

If your units include Vargas/Selena/Lance/Eze/Atro and or Magrress you get a +50 atk/10 hp/def/rec.

I think the unit pairings or combos are gimmicky, but given the mechanics in play for how spark timing, crystal generation, and other factors at work it could be an argument for an overall tuning/overhaul of the game in general.

Quite a few characters only hit a small amount of times, which cripple crystal generation. Others hit so sporadically or their hit window is tiny (two characters stack damage so close together it looks like douglas, Kikuri, or stya is hitting it solo with vertical damage reports present without sparks appearing) that sparking reliably is not feasible. This would be in contrast to simply an attribute creep or looking only to secondary effects out of leader or BB skills.

ive like 80 gems atm, what is the next must have dark unit? The new one thats rainbow team leader seems pretty good, but not a gamechanger really. I guess after that is the old dude with the katana... is 6* alice any good?

Draxal

ive like 80 gems atm, what is the next must have dark unit? The new one thats rainbow team leader seems pretty good, but not a gamechanger really. I guess after that is the old dude with the katana... is 6* alice any good?

Gra is gotten from doing the summoner lab after you beat Karl. He's the second test and he's a couple months out.

The following dark units will be released in this order with cost in parenthesis. Logion (15)/Lira (16)/Lunalith(16)/Zephyr(16).

Logion is probably the same as Lico, while Lira is about the same as Kik. Lunalith is definitely better than all of the above while I haven't seen Zephyr's stats. I'll assume he'll be around the same as Lunalith. Six Star Alice is dark's only healer with her SBB so useful in that regard.

http://www.appinvasion.com/threads/future-patches-and-units-spoilers.16027/

Pics there.

depths20XX

Where can I get idols besides that Tuesday totem dungeon? I feel like there's really nothing for me to do in the game right now because I can't evolve my units.

Also, what's up with the daily login reward thing? I login daily yet it only ever goes up to 1 or two rarity. It's like it just resets every day.

Where can I get idols besides that Tuesday totem dungeon? I feel like there's really nothing for me to do in the game right now because I can't evolve my units.

Also, what's up with the daily login reward thing? I login daily yet it only ever goes up to 1 or two rarity. It's like it just resets every day.

you can always do story dungeons for the free gem, and level up so you can have more squad points.

could someone take a screen of the arena page and draw a dot where i tap to show arena points?

I can't take a screen at the moment, but I have the most success to the right of your rank (e.g. Commander), in the millimeter or so between the far right side of the phone and the little vertical line that it draws. Make sure you tap 3 times. Usually takes me 2 or 3 tries to get it.

Draxal

8roi8.png

Please have aoe bb instead of random bb.

Idols do drop in St. Lamia, it's just really really rare. On the bright side, it's also easier than the Idol dungeon because the idol is frequently harder than anything else in the mission.

The most common reasons why the daily login thing resets is because you forget to log out for a day, or your normal log in is right around the reset time and once in a while you miss the 24 hour window.

Phades

Not if you need multiple spirits of multiple elements.

If you are looking for a specific spirit then yes, you can probably get it with less energy in Morgan.

4 runs in morgan and no earth spirits. QQ

No guarentee of an earth pop for me in the tuesday dungeon either, but at least I know walking into it that something is going to show up. Need the stupid earth spirit to evolve and free up unit inventory...

4 runs in morgan and no earth spirits. QQ

No guarentee of an earth pop for me in the tuesday dungeon either, but at least I know walking into it that something is going to show up. Need the stupid earth spirit to evolve and free up unit inventory...

Yea the risk/reward is too high for me to attempt anything other than nymphs outside of Tuesday dungeon. With vortex dungeon, even if i don't get what i need, at least i get something else I'll need later.

Phades

I'm at a bit north of 50 energy invested hunting for a earth spirit so far (needed dark and fire too anyhow, but earth is priority) and nada. I got a fire spirit though when i ran through the lv2 though, so it is not a complete loss. Lots of light mobs showing up in the dungeon for me though and I have no idea why.

So, 20 for the dungeon and 33 for morgan with zero appearances of earth spirits.

It took another 21 energy to get a single earth spirit. Sigh. At least I can try to farm idols and pots again now. ><;

satori

I just started this game, it is really really addicting...I must be blind but in the OP mention something about a google spread sheet? I can't see it. My ID is 1076257411

This game is going to be very dangerous for my wallet isn't it?

Draxal

I just started this game, it is really really addicting...I must be blind but in the OP mention something about a google spread sheet? I can't see it. My ID is 1076257411

This game is going to be very dangerous for my wallet isn't it?

You have to quote to see it. If you are going to use IAP make sure to do with Amazon, as they offer by far the best bang for the buck.

So, I gave Karl another shot--still too hard. I was actually doing great until I got him to around 50% HP on the second phase. At that point, he used a new move called something Execution and wiped my entire first squad. Then my second and third squads couldn't do anything.

So, I gave Karl another shot--still too hard. I was actually doing great until I got him to around 50% HP on the second phase. At that point, he used a new move called something Execution and wiped my entire first squad. Then my second and third squads couldn't do anything.

That was the buff that he got. This Execution thing is new and totally wrecks you. FWIU you need to save your BB's until he's just over 50%, then at 50% use Thunder Seal / Ore and unleash everything you've got, in hopes that you get him down to about 25%. Then pray that you can burn him down to 0 with your remaining whatever team.

Top Bottom