• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Ferga

Haha. Man I got cayena in 3/4 of my level 3 runs.

Serin hasn't dropped once out of my 15 runs. This is ridiculous.

And miracle totem got buffed to japan level a couple of weeks ago. Using a dark team is pretty punishing since it can spam weakness aoes and its normal attacks hurt you more too.

I prefer to use my rainbow team to deal with miracle totems now. I have to use 3 ores to get through one with my mono dark.

Congregation of Souls appears to have been nerfed.

Level 3 used to give 2000 Karma per chest. Now it gives 900.

Which means that it's no longer worth running even slightly. I've been running it because it's Karma/Energy was comparable to running high end quests but it was much faster.

Now it's Karma/Energy is terrible.

I don't understand the nerf, at all. What's the point of running a special Karma Event when it doesn't give much Karma? It certainly doesn't give anything else.

Draxal

Congregation of Souls appears to have been nerfed.

Level 3 used to give 2000 Karma per chest. Now it gives 900.

Which means that it's no longer worth running even slightly. I've been running it because it's Karma/Energy was comparable to running high end quests but it was much faster.

Now it's Karma/Energy is terrible.

I don't understand the nerf, at all. What's the point of running a special Karma Event when it doesn't give much Karma? It certainly doesn't give anything else.

They were going to buff it according to the q and a. They're sometimes very bad at doing what they're supposed to do.

It was already pretty bad to begin with. You can get 20k karma in the battle maiden dungeons.

In other news, i just did 38 honor summons and got 7 elemental gods. Was hoping for a Magress or Eze though :(

Any word when the farmable dungeons for starters will be back?

Phades

It was already pretty bad to begin with. You can get 20k karma in the battle maiden dungeons.

In other news, i just did 38 honor summons and got 7 elemental gods. Was hoping for a Magress or Eze though :(

I did 20 pulls an no starters either. I got 4 sparky pulls, 6 light metal units, a fire nymph, a thunder idol, 3 water metal units, earth god, water nymph, 3 sagahain (sp?).

They were going to buff it according to the q and a. They're sometimes very bad at doing what they're supposed to do.

I'm not entirely sure what is so hard about adding 2 zeros to the end of the prior total amount...

MicH

I also did 20 honor summons. Four gods, no starters. I did get two idols and some nymphs which I really needed! I need that Magress :(

Phades

Since I need a thunder nymph for an evolution to free up space, i've done 10 runs in the wetlands which nets 30 chances for one to appear. Of those 30 chances, they showed up about 12 times, with zero captures. Something is broken with the RNG. It has never been this bad before.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Since I need a thunder nymph for an evolution to free up space, i've done 10 runs in the wetlands which nets 30 chances for one to appear. Of those 30 chances, they showed up about 12 times, with zero captures. Something is broken with the RNG. It has never been this bad before.

I've done about 20 runs of the new maiden quest and have 0 captures. 0 for 20! All level 3.

Haha. Man I got cayena in 3/4 of my level 3 runs.

Serin hasn't dropped once out of my 15 runs. This is ridiculous.

And miracle totem got buffed to japan level a couple of weeks ago. Using a dark team is pretty punishing since it can spam weakness aoes and its normal attacks hurt you more too.

I prefer to use my rainbow team to deal with miracle totems now. I have to use 3 ores to get through one with my mono dark.
Yeah, I noticed the buff Miracle Totem got. He actually hit me with 3 AOEs in a single round, which brought everyone into the red zone.

As for the Battle Maidens, I've been having similar luck as you. My first Lico dropped in my first run, and then it took some 30 more for a second. Cayena dropped twice in a row at the end of about 15 runs. And Serin seems to be dropping every 5 runs or so. No Anima, though.

serin is a super easy way to get a good metal parade squad.

Yea I'm rolling with 4 Serin's now and it's ridiculous. A wave of ghost ghost King die instantly, and I can almost kill ghost ghost ghost king instantly as well. Really speeds up the runs for those like me who gem during MP runs for the entire hour.

Yea I'm rolling with 4 Serin's now and it's ridiculous. A wave of ghost ghost King die instantly, and I can almost kill ghost ghost ghost king instantly as well. Really speeds up the runs for those like me who gem during MP runs for the entire hour.

something therapeutic seeing an army of brides gunning down slimes.

MicH

It only took me three tries on Serin level three and she dropped. Anima too! Really happy about that. I've been pretty lucky with my types for those three. Only got one of each, but they were Guardian (Lico), Lord (Cayena) and of course Anima (Serin)

Also, how/when will I be se to beat the Miracle Totem? I haven't tried yet, but I want one to evolve my maxed out Eze

It only took me three tries on Serin level three and she dropped. Anima too! Really happy about that. I've been pretty lucky with my types for those three. Only got one of each, but they were Guardian (Lico), Lord (Cayena) and of course Anima (Serin)

Also, how/when will I be se to beat the Miracle Totem? I haven't tried yet, but I want one to evolve my maxed out Eze

whats your current party?

miracle isn't that hard, but you gotta really make sure your guys health is topped off because he can randomly decide to spam like 2-3 aoe attacks a turn.

MicH

whats your current party?

miracle isn't that hard, but you gotta really make sure your guys health is topped off because he can randomly decide to spam like 2-3 aoe attacks a turn.
Here's what I use currently. I use a very mixed team elementwise because I don't have five of the same element.

[L] 5* Goth Idol Kikuri (O), lvl 51
5* Genius Elimo (L), lvl 64
4* Dark Blade Lico (G), max lvl
5* God Phoenix (O), lvl 55
5* Thunder God Eze (G), max lvl

I usually pair them up with a 5* Kikuri or a 6* Magress

Here's what I also have at my disposal, which I have leveled a bit:

5* Nature God Lance (G), lvl 68)
4* Earth Knight Edea (A), lvl 1
5* God Atro (A), lvl 1
5* Holy Master Aem (B), level 53

Any suggestions? :p

Why do so many people not send the gift I've requested? Fucking pisses me off. I've been going through removing everyone that sends me the wrong gift, it just sucks that some of them have good leaders so I have to suffer through constantly receiving shit that I'm not requesting.

/firstworldproblems

TimeKillr

Heh, I did 53 honor pulls this morning. A bunch of elemental ghosts, 7 gods, a bunch of small units. No starters at all.

I guess the event is probably fucking up the rates (though I didn't mind that much, since I used those 7 gods for my newly evolved Holy Master Aem).

Does anybody else mostly run Light? I mean, I'm F2P, so I didn't spend a dime, and most of the units I got from the gacha were Light.

My team usually consists of a leader Sefia, Aem, Melchio, then either 2 Mimirs or a Mimir and a Heidt. My only real problem is I have very few +50% light damage friends, so it kinda sucks for that, but hey. It's still very powerful, and the Melchio is useful is removing status effects (but it doesn't remove a lot, including Stun, so that kinda sucks).

How do we know who has a SBB? I'm wondering if my fully evolved Sefia or Aem or even Melchio have SBBs; Melchio is a total pain to level, though (I've fused SO much stuff that had buffs and I'm only BB lvl 3) and I'm working on my Sefia...

I also noticed that Sefia and Aem both have another evolution in JP - I can't wait for those to come over here.

Heh, I did 53 honor pulls this morning. A bunch of elemental ghosts, 7 gods, a bunch of small units. No starters at all.

I guess the event is probably fucking up the rates (though I didn't mind that much, since I used those 7 gods for my newly evolved Holy Master Aem).

Does anybody else mostly run Light? I mean, I'm F2P, so I didn't spend a dime, and most of the units I got from the gacha were Light.

My team usually consists of a leader Sefia, Aem, Melchio, then either 2 Mimirs or a Mimir and a Heidt. My only real problem is I have very few +50% light damage friends, so it kinda sucks for that, but hey. It's still very powerful, and the Melchio is useful is removing status effects (but it doesn't remove a lot, including Stun, so that kinda sucks).

How do we know who has a SBB? I'm wondering if my fully evolved Sefia or Aem or even Melchio have SBBs; Melchio is a total pain to level, though (I've fused SO much stuff that had buffs and I'm only BB lvl 3) and I'm working on my Sefia...

I also noticed that Sefia and Aem both have another evolution in JP - I can't wait for those to come over here.

6 stars all have sbb's.

Draxal

Most people run dark because everybody else is using dark and because Kikuri is insanely good.

No point in leveling Melchios Bb as it gains nothing from being leveled.

edit. Damn autocorrect.

TimeKillr

Most people run dark because everybody else is using dark and because Kikuri is insanely good.

No point in leveling Melchis Bob as it gains nothing from being leveled.

Yeah I was wondering about that - if there's zero gains, the only reason to level it is to hope he goes to 6 stars and he'd start at 5 instead of 1. Same for Sefia and Aem, really...

Draxal

Yeah I was wondering about that - if there's zero gains, the only reason to level it is to hope he goes to 6 stars and he'd start at 5 instead of 1. Same for Sefia and Aem, really...

There's a significant damage increase from increasing leveling bb's of Sefia and Aem.

Phades

Is there any strategy for lvling bb? Can't for the life of me get my kikuri over lvl 4.

Does fusing more than 1 dude increase the odds?

Not sure, but you can get multiple increases off of the same fusion that way. I've seen jumps commonly from 1->3, 2->4, and 3->5. I haven't seen any multiples above 5 though.

Pbae

Damn, I got an Oracle Serin after my very first run and fused it away since I wanted another typing.

I have yet to get another one to drop after around 10 runs =[

Draxal

Is there any strategy for lvling bb? Can't for the life of me get my kikuri over lvl 4.

Does fusing more than 1 dude increase the odds?

Just dumb luck and rng, it just gets progessively harder so save your burst frogs for 9-10 bb and 9-10 sbb. I fused about 40 guys for 9-10 without any luck on my Magress and just said screw it and used a burst frog instead.

Just dumb luck and rng, it just gets progessively harder so save your burst frogs for 9-10 bb and 9-10 sbb. I fused about 40 guys for 9-10 without any luck on my Magress and just said screw it and used a burst frog instead.

Its hard to imagine getting any of my sbb past level 1, because as soon as i unlock an sbb i would rather switch to another unit and unlock their sbb than to keep going on the first guy

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Japan recently had a burst frog dungeon.

Do want, badly.

For someone not wanting to plunk down a ton of cash on this.. leveling BB is beyond annoying. It's bad enough that the Zel to evolve is so costly.. but trying to level BB on a max level (yeah, I know.. but I couldn't wait) is just time consuming, expensive, and frustrating.

BTW, even if I did plunk down cash.. it'd still be all those things.. since Gems don't bypass the Zel boundary.. and like hell if I'm wasting Gems to marathon JP's.

Do want, badly.

For someone not wanting to plunk down a ton of cash on this.. leveling BB is beyond annoying. It's bad enough that the Zel to evolve is so costly.. but trying to level BB on a max level (yeah, I know.. but I couldn't wait) is just time consuming, expensive, and frustrating.

BTW, even if I did plunk down cash.. it'd still be all those things.. since Gems don't bypass the Zel boundary.. and like hell if I'm wasting Gems to marathon JP's.

Are you sure you're trying at max level, and not say max lv - 1? Because fusion cost at max level is fairly cheap.

Phades

Just hit General! But that's not even halfway up the ranks, apparently.

I guess that means that Seria isn't really all that powerful.

Looking at her character bio, I take that as more of that she stopped trying to advance or improve due to mental blocks or whatever.

"Her abilities are highly praised by even the higher ups in the Summoner's Hall, though her progress is said to have been halted by the incident she was involved in long ago. It's said that her power would increase exponentially if she could get over it."

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_God_Seria

Although in her unevolved state, it referenced her as a warlord... Meh, fluff is fluffy and full of holes. ^_^;

Looking at her character bio, I take that as more of that she stopped trying to advance or improve due to mental blocks or whatever.

"Her abilities are highly praised by even the higher ups in the Summoner's Hall, though her progress is said to have been halted by the incident she was involved in long ago. It's said that her power would increase exponentially if she could get over it."

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_God_Seria

Although in her unevolved state, it referenced her as a warlord... Meh, fluff is fluffy and full of holes. ^_^;

I'd imagine her progress was halted by how goddamn tedious the arena gets at higher levels. Like I really want a Wicked Blade, but 365,000 points? Jesus fuck that's alot. And gemming isn't a viable option (for me, at least) since at best you get 600 points / gem.

Phades

I'd imagine her progress was halted by how goddamn tedious the arena gets at higher levels. Like I really want a Wicked Blade, but 365,000 points? Jesus fuck that's alot. And gemming isn't a viable option (for me, at least) since at best you get 600 points / gem.

I don't really see the point in gemming just the arena. If you are gonna gem something, gem the energy so you can level up and refresh that in the process. There always is something to farm for right?

Here's my idol statistics for today.

2 Water
2 Fire
6 Earth
5 Thunder
4 Light
4 Dark

This was after about 13 runs.

The two fires were the last 2 I got (coincidentally on the same run).

Edit: I needed 1 last water idol, and was getting pretty burnt out on idol runs. I did 1 honor summon pull and got it. LOL

satori

Here's my idol statistics for today.

2 Water
2 Fire
6 Earth
5 Thunder
4 Light
4 Dark

This was after about 13 runs.

The two fires were the last 2 I got (coincidentally on the same run).

Edit: I needed 1 last water idol, and was getting pretty burnt out on idol runs. I did 1 honor summon pull and got it. LOL

LOL holy shit that happened to me. I needed a water idol too and pulled one in my one free summon :p

Draxal

So I think I went for one out of twenty six. Then seven out of fifteen Serins on level three.

Got two animas a breaker and two lords and I'm finally done with that vortex.

Got my first Serin from 16 runs on level 3. Oracle.

Welp.
I got Guardian, Oracle, Oracle, Breaker, Anima. There are non-drops between each of those entries, and my drop rate was something in like 1 in 5 runs (but the first three came quickly, while the last two followed a long string of nothings).

There's a bizarre glitchy thunder dungeon going on right now. Apparently Eze drops in it, and after you clear both levels you get a unique sphere.

MicH

Ughhh the worst is, when doing Metal Parade, when you finally find a God.. and it's accompanied by a ghost... and the ghost drops. My god :(

Top Bottom