• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Question: do you lose your bonuses from leader skills if your leader goes down? I don't think you do, so Seria could actually be a viable leader against Carl, since she gives a 20% defense boost. She'll probably go down, but that doesn't matter, since you just want the boost.

You don't. I believe the best leader combination for the main team is supposed to be Holy Thunder Eze + Il&Mina. For secondary / tertiary teams, you probably still want an Il&Mina in your group if possible, and a 50% damage booster for the other leader. Surviving Blue Execution shouldn't even necessarily be the goal, only reaching Blue Execution with your first team. This of course assumes that you have enough decent units to finish him off with yoru second and third teams, though. If you do manage to survive it though, it's mostly a bonus.

MicH

Got Earth Maiden Baylay on my first level 3 try. Guardian, which I suppose is okay. I'll try for at least a Breaker or an Anima.

I found her dungeon really easy - much easier than Serin

EDIT Her drop rate seems pretty high. I've inly done the level 3 dungeon twice and got her both times. Second one I got was a Breaker

Got Earth Maiden Baylay on my first level 3 try. Guardian, which I suppose is okay. I'll try for at least a Breaker or an Anima.

I found her dungeon really easy - much easier than Serin

EDIT Her drop rate seems pretty high. I've inly done the level 3 dungeon twice and got her both times. Second one I got was a Breaker

I'm going to claim you stole a drop from me, since I've done it 3 times for nothing so far.

kinda burned out of getting maidens tbh. take up too much of my inventory lol. An army of serins for metal rush squad, but thats about it for me unless there is gonna be a maiden with maiden squad boost as leader skill.

Noirulus

I think I'll grab one for my mono-earth squad, which is pretty thin. My only useful earth units are Edea, Leore, and Zelban. I've got a Tree and Dryad as well, but they're both healers and I've already got Elimo as my healer.

Lomax

Really frustrated with this new earth Battle Maiden setup. I feel like I'm at that level where group synergy should really help me, I'm not strong enough to just blast through everything but I'm not so weak I shouldn't even try. My mono-water group beat the three star fire Maiden level fairly easily, but my mono-fire group that is arguably stronger gets totally hosed by the water stuff before I even get to the Maiden. I'm sure that design is intended to make people bring mixed groups, but that seems like just a matter of brute force which is pretty poor design in my opinion. I know it's not a huge deal and I will hopefully get a drop on level 2, but I just felt like venting after wasting 70 action points today trying it.

Phades

Really frustrated with this new earth Battle Maiden setup. I feel like I'm at that level where group synergy should really help me, I'm not strong enough to just blast through everything but I'm not so weak I shouldn't even try. My mono-water group beat the three star fire Maiden level fairly easily, but my mono-fire group that is arguably stronger gets totally hosed by the water stuff before I even get to the Maiden. I'm sure that design is intended to make people bring mixed groups, but that seems like just a matter of brute force which is pretty poor design in my opinion. I know it's not a huge deal and I will hopefully get a drop on level 2, but I just felt like venting after wasting 70 action points today trying it.

It is funny because I don't recall having similar issues for the dark and fire versions at all.

Ferga

I've had two malnaplises since the start of the game in december. (somehow got 2 in my first 4 rare summons).

Bring on felneus. I'm ready.

Ferga

It's not just bb spam. It's SBB spam.

Get 2 water dragons with some other high hit count units and you're going to destroy everything. Spamming SBBs is a lot stronger than having a 50% leader.

It's not just bb spam. It's SBB spam.

Get 2 water dragons with some other high hit count units and you're going to destroy everything. Spamming SBBs is a lot stronger than having a 50% leader.

I already had 2 water dragons but i pulled once anyway and got Drakeborn Lodin. Not even complaining, as he will go great on my secondary Karl team.

Phades

hmmm but wouldn't 50% mono element be better for leader unless we are just talking about doing the exploit?

I'm guessing it is like Stya on steroids. She can basically chain her stuff endlessly and I'd imagine that unit can supply an entire team. I saw a video of that in action. It just seems freaking broken. I'm surprised they allow the unit to exist as is. 3x+ damage on every attack on every enemy is way better than +50% against a single enemy.

Phades

how do yall even think about sbb, ive burned hundreds of dudes on my kikuri and shes still at lvl 5 >.>

My vargas SBB is at level 8. It got stuck at 4 and 6 for a while, but I basically fed him exclusively for the better part of 40 levels until it moved again. I could burst frog the last 2 levels, but I'm being stingy. The rest of my units hover between BB level 5~8 with a couple exceptions.

how do yall even think about sbb, ive burned hundreds of dudes on my kikuri and shes still at lvl 5 >.>

I've had bad streaks too. But overall it's not really that bad. 5->6 and 7->8 are the hardest in my experience. If you want to focus just on skilling up a person, go to Cave of Flames -> Wielder of the fire and spam it. You get tons of BB fodder. Other than that, just feed her every attack unit you get. If you want to conserve Zel, don't try to skill up a BB unless you're either below level 20, or at max level. Everything in between is too expensive. I managed to unlock SBB for my lance, and get Sefia to 10, and a few others to 7. Granted, I do gem energy sometimes when doing vortex dungeons, so that certainly helps, but most of it is just persistence and using Burst Frogs when the going gets tough.

MicH

I can't for the life of be get a single BB level up. It has never happened to me.

How do you activate SBBs in battle btw?

blackflag

I've had bad streaks too. But overall it's not really that bad. 5->6 and 7->8 are the hardest in my experience. If you want to focus just on skilling up a person, go to Cave of Flames -> Wielder of the fire and spam it. You get tons of BB fodder. Other than that, just feed her every attack unit you get. If you want to conserve Zel, don't try to skill up a BB unless you're either below level 20, or at max level. Everything in between is too expensive. I managed to unlock SBB for my lance, and get Sefia to 10, and a few others to 7. Granted, I do gem energy sometimes when doing vortex dungeons, so that certainly helps, but most of it is just persistence and using Burst Frogs when the going gets tough.

Wait...fusing at max level is cheaper than when you are at like level 60 or something?

MicH

hold down and swipe right
Thanks a bunch, I couldn't figure it out :D

Also, what do you guys think? I have just saved up 5 gems (non-IAP player here). I want to pull right now with the increased rates, however I already have a Phoenix and a Wyvern, and I don't really need Altro since I already have two Elimo and a Phoenix. Should I pull now or wait for the new units?

Draxal

Yup. Water dragon is going to be the top unit for months.

Yeah, although he's not so much OP, its that he lets the OP unit be OP (Douglas). Lebra the white Lion dude supposedly has eclipsed him as a leader, but apparently you want one of both leading (with the friend unit).

My Magress is at SBB 4, it just took um along long time to get to bb 9, then i had to use a burst frog then.

MicH

Decided to pull. I got none of the promoted units, but I did get a 3* Breaker Shida, which I suppose is pretty decent! I don't have a lot of dark units (just Kikuri, Lico and Oboro) so he is certainly useful!

Credo

Today was the first time I've pulled in months. I now have 4 Kikuris o__O

By the way, what was the trick with Malnaplis? I also pulled a Loch Ness, so I'm going to build him up soon.

I tried Karl since i needed 4k exp to level up and had 85 energy. Got destroyed. Didn't even see blue execution. I did pull some thunder units recently though so ill try again in a few weeks

Draxal

So patch with the oracle buff is coming monday, with the beast six star evos. If you want to view the updated stats look at the bf guide (except for the three global units).

damisa

I downloaded this on ios but no icon showed up on my phone. When I click open in the app store nothing happens. Has this happened to anyone before?

blackflag

I have plenty of friend slots. I'm really looking for some 50% fire leaders but I'll add anyone from here.

I'm mostly using 5 star Vargas max level (6 star next week), 5 star Aem (47), and 5 star bolt goddess(78) as leaders.

Ferga

Alright, 30~ runs on serin this week. Dropped 3 times. 2 oracles and 1 guardian.

Screw it, just going to sell em all.

blackflag

I ended up with lord, oracle, breaker. Maybe try a couple more times it's just an annoying fight because I don't have a good team against water. I have to use double Aem leaders and it's slow.

Cause I got units way better than an oracle/guardian serin

Well someone has killed Karl with a single team of 4 Serins and 2 trees, so it's hard to imagine how much better units you can possibly have. :p Serin is really pretty broken, no matter what type you get.

Phades

I think their news updates lie or something. The increased rate on pulls today probably isn't in effect. I pulled captain mega twice. Yeah, he will help me out ultimately, but FFS I wanted one of the featured units I didn't already have (tree especially).

At least it wasn't another mifune...

Knew I shouldn't pull. Pulled 4 times and got all duplicates.

Think it's useful to have 2 Vishra? Or 2 Dean's?

Dean is good. Having 2 of his shouldn't hurt anything for your water team. Vishra is like Lava, but with better stat focus and his hits are easier to spark plus the aoe curse effect. I'm sure there are arguably better fire units out there.

Top Bottom