• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Every M, T, Th, and Fr, pick up a Metal Key from the Administration building in Imperial Capital. Use that to unlock the Metal Parade dungeon in the Vortex. Use the drops you get from that dungeon to feed your units to level them.

doh, i have been leveling using the nuts i get from the quest dungeons.

I just started playing this today because I felt an itch for some stamina-wait-and-play awesomeness and saw how big the thread was here.

Pretty awesome so far.

Edit: Got a World Tree Altro from 5 gems, seems legit.

I have plenty of friend slots. I'm really looking for some 50% fire leaders but I'll add anyone from here.

I'm mostly using 5 star Vargas max level (6 star next week), 5 star Aem (47), and 5 star bolt goddess(78) as leaders.

Cool, I've been looking for some Fire leaders as well. I usually keep 5 star Vargas up as well. But next week, I may be able to switch to 5 star Cayena. I also have 5 star Emilia and Selena that are swapped in depending on what I'm doing. Sent you a request, I'm VicViper in-game.

atlantos

Neo Member
One thing about Brave Frontier, they are really stingy with the gems... but unlike PAD, I feel like free heroes are good enough to take you to the end game. I am still on early days.. so I may change my tune later..

edit: and the rare pull isn't as bad as PAD as well.

One thing about Brave Frontier, they are really stingy with the gems... but unlike PAD, I feel like free heroes are good enough to take you to the end game. I am still on early days.. so I may change my tune later..

edit: and the rare pull isn't as bad as PAD as well.

Yeah, at first the lack of free gems was off-putting. But as I started to earn and level up the free units from the events, I started owning the harder dungeons. A lot of them are very powerful. I still want a Captain Mega and Zeus Bow Loch. Just because I love their animations. I hope I can get them eventually. One of the reasons I quit PAD was because I could never pull an Artemis. =(

blackflag

Cool, I've been looking for some Fire leaders as well. I usually keep 5 star Vargas up as well. But next week, I may be able to switch to 5 star Cayena. I also have 5 star Emilia and Selena that are swapped in depending on what I'm doing. Sent you a request, I'm VicViper in-game.

Got it, thanks. I'll be evolving Vargas to 6 star this week. I just need 2 totems.

atlantos

Neo Member
Yeah, at first the lack of free gems was off-putting. But as I started to earn and level up the free units from the events, I started owning the harder dungeons. A lot of them are very powerful. I still want a Captain Mega and Zeus Bow Loch. Just because I love their animations. I hope I can get them eventually. One of the reasons I quit PAD was because I could never pull an Artemis. =(

And Arthemis isn't even the best PAD characters... The thing about PAD is that it is starting to rely too much on burst team with one hit kills... And that's very off putting... you will be on the last level and you suddenly lost because you couldn't get the board that you need..

Anyway enough with PAD discussion... I am enjoying BF so far.. simplistic but good... one thing though.. I keep loosing the progress of a match because I had to go do something else and leave the match hanging.. when I come back to it 2 hrs later, I lost my stamina and match.. annoying.

And Arthemis isn't even the best PAD characters... The thing about PAD is that it is starting to rely too much on burst team with one hit kills... And that's very off putting... you will be on the last level and you suddenly lost because you couldn't get the board that you need..

Anyway enough with PAD discussion... I am enjoying BF so far.. simplistic but good... one thing though.. I keep loosing the progress of a match because I had to go do something else and leave the match hanging.. when I come back to it 2 hrs later, I lost my stamina and match.. annoying.

Sad part is... I just wanted Artemis because she of waifu reasons. ;_;

But yes, the resume function in BF is weird and finicky. I've had the game crash and was able to load the game back up it resumed the dungeon right where it crashed. Other times, you are just thrown back into the main menu. Really annoying.

Sad part is... I just wanted Artemis because she of waifu reasons. ;_;

But yes, the resume function in BF is weird and finicky. I've had the game crash and was able to load the game back up it resumed the dungeon right where it crashed. Other times, you are just thrown back into the main menu. Really annoying.

If you spend a gem in the dungeon you are guaranteed to resume. Otherwise a crash is guaranteed to kick you back to main menu.

Otoh, if you simply push the home button on your phone to suspend the app, it is supposed to resume, but it doesn't always work. A few times it's restarted from main menu.

If you spend a gem in the dungeon you are guaranteed to resume. Otherwise a crash is guaranteed to kick you back to main menu.

Otoh, if you simply push the home button on your phone to suspend the app, it is supposed to resume, but it doesn't always work. A few times it's restarted from main menu.

That's weird, because the times it resumed, I hadn't used a gem.

MicH

Ack. I've now done 10 level 3 runs of the Earth Maiden and only gotten two drops - on my first two tries even. So discouraging

that feeling when you have 5 super/great fusion on a maxed character trying to lvl bb (and failing) yet can't get any while trying to lvl actual dudes.

What's the best type for Bayley? I'm guessing Anima or Breaker? I got a Guardian and Breaker so far.

Anima easily. Bayley's defense isn't high enough where it is worth sacrificing DEF for more ATK.

You could get away with a Breaker though if you give her a Medulla, that way she gets DEF over 1300, increasing her survivability.

Any ideas towards why the oracle/6* patch got pushed back to thursday?

From what I heard it was because they can't get their shit together, and recently peoples' game data has been getting corrupted due to the buggy patcher, so they decided to take some extra time to make sure the patch actually worked this time.

On one hand I'm excited for the new 6* evolutions, on the other hand it's just going to make it even more difficult for me to use my strongest units against Karl due to cost issues. Even at level 90, I can't fit all of my strongest units into 3 teams against Karl.

Draxal

Anima duel Gx 6 star is going to be very very very good.

20 hit sbb + dark attribute + crit up.

up to my 8th Bayley right now. For me peronsally, her drop rate has been very high, it's just umm 3 breakers, 2 oracles, 1 lord, 1 guardian. WTB animas.

Anima duel Gx 6 star is going to be very very very good.

20 hit sbb + dark attribute + crit up.

up to my 8th Bayley right now. For me peronsally, her drop rate has been very high, it's just umm 3 breakers, 2 oracles, 1 lord, 1 guardian. WTB animas.

Ouch. I had similar luck with Serin and finally just said screw it and went with everything except the types I wanted. But with Bayley (arguably the worst of the maidens so far), I got my first drop on my second run, which was also an Anima! So I dodged a bullet there and am not going to try for more than 1 Bayley. I hope the Thunder maiden, which hopefully gets released this Wednesday or Thursday, is as OP as Water and Fire, because it will make Karl a total pushover.

Draxal

Ouch. I had similar luck with Serin and finally just said screw it and went with everything except the types I wanted. But with Bayley (arguably the worst of the maidens so far), I got my first drop on my second run, which was also an Anima! So I dodged a bullet there and am not going to try for more than 1 Bayley. I hope the Thunder maiden, which hopefully gets released this Wednesday or Thursday, is as OP as Water and Fire, because it will make Karl a total pushover.

Think it's going to be Bayley stats and probably released a little later, since Bayley herself was delayed.

The reason the other two were so damn good were because of their hit counts due to the weapon types, and I think the thunder one is not going to have that many as hits (she'll probably have the same as Bayley).

Thunder Hero being something like this.

http://puzzletrooper.wikia.com/wiki/Mel_"Spooky"_Saffron

On one hand I'm excited for the new 6* evolutions, on the other hand it's just going to make it even more difficult for me to use my strongest units against Karl due to cost issues. Even at level 90, I can't fit all of my strongest units into 3 teams against Karl.
Forget three teams. Two is good; the second would be just in case Blue Execution kills you.

And yeah, I had no idea how good Serin is. I have 4 of them, I think, but I can supplement that last spot with Selena or Rickel. Probably Selena.

EDIT: Nope, I actually have 5! I just don't really get blue EXP units, so they're low level.

im at the point where, serin party leader? yeah im not gonna fight you.

duel gx 6 is gonna be good? Still not sure where to slot it in my dark party of alice, kikuri, kikuri, lico.

how is the robot stat wise normally?

Draxal

im at the point where, serin party leader? yeah im not gonna fight you.

duel gx 6 is gonna be good? Still not sure where to slot it in my dark party of alice, kikuri, kikuri, lico.

how is the robot stat wise normally?

He's good in the aoe bb spam team , since his aoe has 20 hits and gives the dark element (which is the big key, aoe bb spam team wasn't as strong against fire).

Forget three teams. Two is good; the second would be just in case Blue Execution kills you.

My second team died with Karl at like 5%.

I would have been unbelievably pissed if I took your advice of only having two groups.

If both groups are Thunder based and high quality I could see doing it with 1-2 groups, but I picture more people being like me, where the second and 3rd groups are filled with significantly weaker units than the first party.

Phades

My second team died with Karl at like 5%.

I would have been unbelievably pissed if I took your advice of only having two groups.

If both groups are Thunder based and high quality I could see doing it with 1-2 groups, but I picture more people being like me, where the second and 3rd groups are filled with significantly weaker units than the first party.

Would there be any signifigant reason to not bring a 3rd group of anything "just in case"?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around unit cost being the reason. I'm no where near the cap for my level and I've never been near the cap playing through the game and you get what x3 the cap to build the teams?

TimeKillr

5 idol runs, no water idols. Evolving this Serin team is going to be fun.

I need a single Light pot.

I ran it 4 times since I got up.

Every single one of those runs, I got a Water pot. (and absolutely NOTHING else dropped!)

At least the xp is good..? It's not the good farming levels good, but hey.

I need a single Light pot.

I ran it 4 times since I got up.

Every single one of those runs, I got a Water pot. (and absolutely NOTHING else dropped!)

At least the xp is good..? It's not the good farming levels good, but hey.

Don't feel bad, last week I used 4 *gems* trying to get a Light Pot, and I have 3 runs per gem. Gave up without getting it.

This week, I'm not going to bother with the Light Pot. FH is just around the corner, so more important fish to fry. But I do need to get a Serin up. Need 4 water idols for that. Got 2 of them after close to 10 runs. :(

Lomax

Silly me, I figured the drop rate for idols in the weekly special would be higher than normal. It's sad that these companies think they have to be abusive to their audience in order to make money. Is it just a cultural difference? Clearly these games are incredibly massive and profitable, but I just find it hard to believe they see even a fraction of the success in the U.S. with these setups. Spending all my energy and getting nothing doesn't make me want to spend money, it makes me want to never play again.

Would there be any signifigant reason to not bring a 3rd group of anything "just in case"?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around unit cost being the reason. I'm no where near the cap for my level and I've never been near the cap playing through the game and you get what x3 the cap to build the teams?

You get 2x cost for 3 parties. This didn't hinder me at all, but I'm rank 103 or something so have an absurdly high cost limit anyway.

Don't feel bad, last week I used 4 *gems* trying to get a Light Pot, and I have 3 runs per gem. Gave up without getting it.

This week, I'm not going to bother with the Light Pot. FH is just around the corner, so more important fish to fry. But I do need to get a Serin up. Need 4 water idols for that. Got 2 of them after close to 10 runs. :(

Yet again I wish we could trade.

I need 2 Water Pots and 2 Fire pots (for Karl and Seria) and I get nothing but light pots.

TimeKillr

Yeah that's what I figured. I just want to evolve my Heidt so he's the last addition to my Light group (if I take out one of my Mimirs).

Basically it goes like this:

Max level Blade Queen Sefia
Max level Holy Master Aem
Max level Centurion Melchio
2 max level fully evolved Mimirs, one with max BB and one with lvl 5 BB.

That team alone is *very* difficult to kill when I'm doing dungeons - 2 heals + all white + all that extra damage is godly. I guess it's similar to all Dark teams, but seeing as all I have are 2 Alices, I can't quite build a Dark team yet.

If I want less healing but more damage, I sub a Mimir for my Heidt, but without his 5 star evo, he's pretty shitty (3300 HP? really...? ) He's Oracle though, so he's kind of the worst possible, but hey. At least at 5 stars he gain another 1k hp, ~300 atk, 200 def and ~370 rec. He then becomes usable :)

You get 2x cost for 3 parties. This didn't hinder me at all, but I'm rank 103 or something so have an absurdly high cost limit anyway.

Well I'm level 90, but I've got all 5 and 6* units. First world problem, I know, but 3 groups of all 5* units is 15x5x3 = 225 cost, which since it's doubled, would require a base cost of 113. You need to be very high level to have this kind of cost, and of course that doesn't even have any 6*s in it. Only 5*

Top Bottom