• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

Can't access frontier hunter at all, just a window that says come back later. Not even the hostess screen. Oasis of the gods is still up for whatever reason. Makes no sense.

Combat animations are mostly back and I'm not crashing every time a 2nd or 3rd tier mimic spawns. Meh oh well, need to metal parade anyhow...

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Welp, fuck.

It's definitely fucked.

Last night I could auto-run Totem dungeons... this morning... getting owned by them.

Running a earth dungeon.. 2nd stage ran into a Dark totem.. no problem.. they take awhile to kill.. but I never even need to heal against them.

Today? Fucker spams his BB 2 or 3 times a round.. obviously my leader and friend skills aren't working.. so I'm only doing base damage for all my units.. instead of 150-200% which is normal...

Ran into a light totem two stages later.. ran out of heals and said fuck this... Leader skills mean alot.. losing them sucks.

StMeph

Longtime PAD player, been burned out for a while. A clone-ish I can totally do, though.

Just picked this up, and the Wiki is kind of bare. Is this like PAD, where I should keep restarting to get a good first roll from the rare machine?

Longtime PAD player, been burned out for a while. A clone-ish I can totally do, though.

Just picked this up, and the Wiki is kind of bare. Is this like PAD, where I should keep restarting to get a good first roll from the rare machine?

No unfortunately. Go with what you get the first time

80 energy getting BB fodder for my felneus and his bb only leveled once

I am so sad

Which dungeon are you running? The best one is Cave of Flames -> Wielder of the Fire. Not Start of Adventure, as is commonly recommended. I've currently used about 180-200 energy. At 3 energy per run, and an estimated average of 3 drops per run, that's about 180-200 BB fodder. And my Felneus is 9/10.

Draxal

Can't access frontier hunter at all, just a window that says come back later. Not even the hostess screen. Oasis of the gods is still up for whatever reason. Makes no sense.

Combat animations are mostly back and I'm not crashing every time a 2nd or 3rd tier mimic spawns. Meh oh well, need to metal parade anyhow...

Fh is delayed.

Draxal

Which dungeon are you running? The best one is Cave of Flames -> Wielder of the Fire. Not Start of Adventure, as is commonly recommended. I've currently used about 180-200 energy. At 3 energy per run, and an estimated average of 3 drops per run, that's about 180-200 BB fodder. And my Felneus is 9/10.

I think they're around the same. Nymph drop rate is way to high in wielder of fire.

Double pos ring cuz of mobile.

I think they're around the same. Nymph drop rate is way to high in wielder of fire.

Double pos ring cuz of mobile.

I've actually been keeping track. It's definitely higher on average in Cave of Flames. Yes Nymph drop rate is higher, but it's also more common to get 4 and 5 drops, which almost never happens in Start of Adventure. It's not uncommon to get 4 or 5 drops all BB fodder in CAve of Flames. I measured the average drops / run in Start of Adventure to be about 2 and in CAve of Flames to be about 3, over 100+ runs each. That's a 50% improvement.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

There's no one dominant unit to keep trying to pull. What was your first pull? There are definitely some shitty ones, but you can complete all content with the free units you earn anyway, most likely. I remember re-rolling on PAD for days, trying to get a green odin. Then I got him and barely used him :p

StMeph

There's no one dominant unit to keep trying to pull. What was your first pull? There are definitely some shitty ones, but you can complete all content with the free units you earn anyway, most likely. I remember re-rolling on PAD for days, trying to get a green odin. Then I got him and barely used him :p

Got blue starter Selena. So far I've used all of the dungeon-clearing and other stones toward pulling. 1st pull was 3* red Lancia, 2nd was 3* yellow Sky Knight Falma, and 3rd pull was 3* green Princess Lidith.

I'm not too keen on linking my Facebook, so I haven't picked up the 3* Zephu for iOS.

Phades

Of what you have, lidith is probably your weakest pull, but servicable. Lancia you will be able to milk for a long while, or until you get Elimno/god tree. On the upside, you didn't pull anything you couldn't (theoretically) capture through persistence later on (mifune, zephu, weiss, zegar, luna, lario).

Draxal

Got blue starter Selena. So far I've used all of the dungeon-clearing and other stones toward pulling. 1st pull was 3* red Lancia, 2nd was 3* yellow Sky Knight Falma, and 3rd pull was 3* green Princess Lidith.

I'm not too keen on linking my Facebook, so I haven't picked up the 3* Zephu for iOS.

I made a dummy facebook acount for the game. Lancia is really good. The other aren't great, but aren't the worst.

I link my Facebook for multi-device support. You can go into your Facebook app settings afterwords and set all of BF's postings to private if you want. Also, didn't Facebook recently add the ability to log in for apps anonymously?

NervousXtian

You want to link for other reasons too... there's been times they've corrupted the game... Facebook makes sure your account doesn't get fucked.

Also, game is currently fucked up still.... no leader skills.. no BB animations.

TimeKillr

Is anybody able to get into FH?

I can go into the menu, pick a helper, but then at the step where I have to select my item bundle, nothing shows up.

Sigh... This game breaks so much every update it's not even funny.

I got in, completed all 3. The 4th wave of End had 2 thunder guys designed to crush Serin / Felneus teams. Worked pretty well on my Serin / Felneus team :(

In other news, it seems Felneus with SBB, Serin, Cayena, Cayena, Tree, Kikuri is not enough to guarantee a full BB gauge every time. Kind of sucks, since the strategy kind of depends on it. I ended up with about 400k upon completion of End 3, but Medulla Gem requires 650k this time :(

I guess the extra 250k will have to come from a luck run where I get Voracious Gods and/or not a team of 2 thunder guys in wave 4.

Don't worry too much about your pulls. Unlike PAD (in a good way), almost every rare pull in this game is at least serviceable; however, also unlike PAD (now in a bad way), when new units get released, they are almost always better than what was introduced prior. Kikuri is the current Dtron, but all indications are that she will be obsolete once Lunarith shows up.

EDIT: Looks like you have to beat Entrance to get Mid and then beat that for End. I wonder what Divine Gem does. 25% maybe?

Draxal

Don't worry too much about your pulls. Unlike PAD (in a good way), almost every rare pull in this game is at least serviceable; however, also unlike PAD (now in a bad way), when new units get released, they are almost always better than what was introduced prior. Kikuri is the current Dtron, but all indications are that she will be obsolete once Lunarith shows up.

Lunarith is good, but it seems like the best unit in the game is still Douglas in six star forms. 30 hits is just too good.

StMeph

I made a dummy facebook acount for the game. Lancia is really good. The other aren't great, but aren't the worst.

You want to link for other reasons too... there's been times they've corrupted the game... Facebook makes sure your account doesn't get fucked.

Also, game is currently fucked up still.... no leader skills.. no BB animations.

Yeah, I've created an empty FB account. The extra account security will be nice too.

That's good to know, in a way.

XPing creatures seems to be an expensive/slow affair. Is that just an uphill climb for new players lacking in gold and materials, that gets smoother later, or am I missing something to make the process more efficient?

Pull 4: Cyborg Lilith. Looks like the best lead for me right now since every team I can build is rainbow.

Phades

I ended up with about 400k upon completion of End 3, but Medulla Gem requires 650k this time :(

I guess the extra 250k will have to come from a luck run where I get Voracious Gods and/or not a team of 2 thunder guys in wave 4.

I guess that puts it out of the realm of even theoretical possibility for me now.

... Sigh

XPing creatures seems to be an expensive/slow affair. Is that just an uphill climb for new players lacking in gold and materials, that gets smoother later, or am I missing something to make the process more efficient?

Pull 4: Cyborg Lilith. Looks like the best lead for me right now since every team I can build is rainbow.
Pick up keys from the imperial capital (metal for exp, Jewel for cash) and the weekend dungeon is for cash in the vortex. It makes a huge difference.

I got in, completed all 3. The 4th wave of End had 2 thunder guys designed to crush Serin / Felneus teams. Worked pretty well on my Serin / Felneus team :(

In other news, it seems Felneus with SBB, Serin, Cayena, Cayena, Tree, Kikuri is not enough to guarantee a full BB gauge every time. Kind of sucks, since the strategy kind of depends on it. I ended up with about 400k upon completion of End 3, but Medulla Gem requires 650k this time :(

Because it's the 3rd wave instead of the second, the bonuses you receive post-wave and post-run are significantly more than they were last time.

I had a pretty bad run and still got the 650K for the Medulla Gem.

Divine Stone is a better version of the Hero stone (boosts all stats when BB guage is full).

StMeph

Is the Survey dungeon a stamina-free way to grind up stuff? Seems that way.

Also, is there a resource like PDX or something to look up specific leaders for friend lists?

Because it's the 3rd wave instead of the second, the bonuses you receive post-wave and post-run are significantly more than they were last time.

Divine Stone is a better version of the Hero stone (boosts all stats when BB guage is full).

I don't have really any strong dark units though, so that kind of kills me. I'm going with

(L) Lv. 45 Anima Felneus with SBB1 (Beast Blade)
Lv. 65 Breaker Alpha Tree Altrieu (Flesh Armor)
Lv. 80/80 Breaker War Rocket Cayena (Muramasa)
Lv. 56/60 Guardian Hot Rocket Cayena (Burny's Soul Stone)
Lv. 66/80 Breaker Gun Goddess Serin (Sacred Jewel)

For my friend leader I'm choosing someone dark in case of Voracious God. Any suggestions how to improve this? Obviously I need to evolve and level the 4* Cayena, and level the Serin to 80 and the Felneus some more, but I'm not sure what else I can do. I've fought the Grafl + Falma wave 4 twice and gotten destroyed. Fought the Holy Flame Vargas wave 4 once and got him to 0 but he then recovered 50% of his HP :(

Other max level units I have are:

5* Lord Seria
6* Anima Atro
5* Breaker Aisha
6* Anima Lance with SBB1
5* Oracle Lico

Saying Kikuri is "obsolete" because post-Lunarith she's only top 5 instead of #1 in the game is a truly over-reactive statement.
Okay, fair enough. But, at the very least, all-Lunarith teams will be supplanting all-Kikuri teams in Arena.

Any tricks for Entrance? I barely cleared 230k.

Phades

Any tricks for Entrance? I barely cleared 230k.
I'd like to know too. The survival bonus is a massive push, but no post evaluation spark bonus upon completion of the dungeon (not wave) in addition to damage type bonuses (weak element etc), really drags it down. It almost makes me wonder if having a low level team makes more sense to use, in order to drag out the later rounds for spark/damage bonuses.

My entrance run score was about the same as yours.

Kreed

EDIT: Looks like you have to beat Entrance to get Mid and then beat that for End. I wonder what Divine Gem does. 25% maybe?

Let's be clear though that being "better" that what was used prior doesn't mean the same thing like in PAD. In PAD you have to deal with harder and harder content due to Gungho/the developers wanting to keep things challenging for these new units, to the point where you need those new units to clear it while the other older units have no chance of doing so. In Brave Frontier all Rare units are at least capable of clearing content if assembled on a good team, outside of bosses that exploit their weaknesses being harder to clear than when they don't.

TLDR; There is no content being introduced that only Lunarith can clear vs Kikuri.

Phades

Also, for the frontier hunter entrance reward metal key. The limit for storage is 5 keys. The reward from frontier hunter does not break the limit when the reward is given, so if you already had 5 keys (like i did) it goes completely to waste. It makes me wish the rewards went into your gift box for pick up later to avoid such conflicts...

I had 5, used one, picked up one from admin office, then did frontier hunter... Feels like such a waste/oversight.

Draxal

Let's be clear though that being "better" that what was used prior doesn't mean the same thing like in PAD. In PAD you have to deal with harder and harder content due to Gungho/the developers wanting to keep things challenging for these new units, to the point where you need those new units to clear it while the other older units have no chance of doing so. In Brave Frontier all Rare units are at least capable of clearing content if assembled on a good team, outside of bosses that exploit their weaknesses being harder to clear than when they don't.

TLDR; There is no content being introduced that only Lunarith can clear vs Kikuri.

Legend of Vargas/Lance/Eze dungeon is a gem fest, if you don't have a real optimal team.

and god damn Lugina kicked my ass in end 5..

Phades

Anyone know the fix to the leader skill bug?

I want this fixed.. and it's annoying.

If it is a client issue (I hope it isn't given the greater implications), then a reinstall would fix it. If it is something else, you would be waiting on a server fix/patch.

The leader skills work like they should for me, so I'm not sure where that leaves you exactly.

NervousXtian

If it is a client issue (I hope it isn't given the greater implications), then a reinstall would fix it. If it is something else, you would be waiting on a server fix/patch.

The leader skills work like they should for me, so I'm not sure where that leaves you exactly.

they don't seem to actually be applying though.. at least not in the totem run I did.. as I was clearly doing less damage than I had previously.

they don't seem to actually be applying though.. at least not in the totem run I did.. as I was clearly doing less damage than I had previously.

This was posted to their FB page earlier.

HWBOX2k.png

It's kind of a shot in the dark, but doesn't hurt to try.

For now, at least. But, unlike with PAD, in this game, better units are unequivocally better because their stats are simply higher. There is no such thing as, say, using Horus over Kirin because his ability is easier to proc. And if you look at the stats of the new units in the Japanese version, they are straight up better than the best stuff we have now (6-star Lunarith's base stats at max level are about as good as 6-star Kikuri's with Sacred Jewel equipped).

Given a few more generations of units, if this type of growth keeps up, today's units will eventually be displaced if content is balanced against the new stuff.

TimeKillr

What's nice about Brave Frontier is that unlike PAD, the XP dungeons are up to you - there's no schedule to keep track of.

When you go into the Vortex Gate, there's 2 dungeons - Metal Parade and Gold Parade. You need keys to go into them (you get those keys on a daily basis generally) and using a key opens up the dungeon for one hour.

When it's open, there's only one floor for 15 stamina that always gives exactly 1000 XP. The Metal Parade dungeon is stupidly easy and you absolutely *cannot* die in it, so it's worth running over and over once you hit 15 stamina - you should be able to get a few levels through that and get quite a few of the XP characters to level up your stuff.

Phades

Given a few more generations of units, if this type of growth keeps up, today's units will eventually be displaced if content is balanced against the new stuff.
This seems more visible in the frontier hunter, opposed to the regular quest content so far. I don't know what the future holds though. :(

I didn't mention the 650k being easier to make it sound easy, I just wanted to point out in spite of the higher number it isn't really harder than last time.

When it comes to Entrance, I got nothing on how to get the higher rewards. I broke 200k, which was enough for the last reward I really want, so I doubt I'll try again. I don't need another Muramasa or 10% to all (Limbo Stone).

*EDIT* And yah, Frontier Hunter already requires better units. I hope more content doesn't follow that route, because while I've spent money in the past I'm kind of over doing so and really don't want to again.

Phades

Lol I have no clue how to get even 450k on mid, never mind higher on entrance or end with the units I have. I could use limbo, sacred, or medulla for a lot of my units. ><;

Yeah. I'm not really sure how I can hit 800k with the current set of units.

I'm also noticing that I can't spark nearly as well without attack effects. I guess I use visual cues.

Phades

Yeah. I'm not really sure how I can hit 800k with the current set of units.

I'm also noticing that I can't spark nearly as well without attack effects. I guess I use visual cues.

I'm sure most use Audio and Visual cues since we have no textile feedback and even fewer would use meta tracking methods like counting or singing/listening to a song to keep a specific rhythm for timing on the units that actually need it.

I also feel like an idiot for not doing the totem dungeon when it was extended. Looking at my units, I could have evolved my siren if I bothered to get a water totem. My light team "should" be able to clear it without too much difficulty since it could do lv3 serin.

MicH

Ugh. Used my free gems from today to pull. Another Shida. He was my last pull too and my third duplicate up there with my two Elimos and Lorands

I used a metal key and got about 30 MP runs in, used it to level up my FH squad. My squad now is:

Lv. Anima 60 Felneus SBB1 [Sacred Jewel]
Lv. 80 Breaker Cayena [Beast Blade]
Lv. 62 Guardian Cayena [Beast Blade]
Lv. 79 Breaker Alpha Tree [Flesh Armor]
Lv. 80 Breaker Serin [Burny's Soul Stone]

Went with a second Felneus leader. Got 540k on End, made it to the last wave but wiped around 20%. So now, I have two options:

1) Get Felneus to 80-90
2) Get a Lv. 1 4* Guardian Serin up to 5*, hopefully take her up to max level, and replace the Breaker Cayena with the Guardian Serin.

Thoughts?

Credo

Well, an "unable to issue network key" error just kept me from getting a metal god, and now "unexpected error" is keeping me from logging in. GG, Gumi.

Kreed

For now, at least. But, unlike with PAD, in this game, better units are unequivocally better because their stats are simply higher. There is no such thing as, say, using Horus over Kirin because his ability is easier to proc. And if you look at the stats of the new units in the Japanese version, they are straight up better than the best stuff we have now (6-star Lunarith's base stats at max level are about as good as 6-star Kikuri's with Sacred Jewel equipped).

That's if the old units don't get balanced to match the new units. So far I've seen two of the following situations:

1) New 5-6 star evolutions added to older units.
2) Stat changes to existing units to either nerf or buff the characters.

Now obviously neither of these are perfect, as they can only do the first one once per character, and if they keep buffing old characters in addition to introducing new powerful ones, then the older content will either have to be changed or will just become a breeze.

Of course they can always introduce 7+ star units but at some point these sprites will just become huge color blobs.

Top Bottom