• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Well, an "unable to issue network key" error just kept me from getting a metal god, and now "unexpected error" is keeping me from logging in. GG, Gumi.

Did you recently play from another device? Use the method I posted above where you hold your finger down on the start screen to clear your user data.

Every Frontier Hunter they add more dumb waves which serve little purpose except to annoy, and it always seems to be wave 4 of end.

This time it's a solo 6* Vargas, who upon defeat does the classic pheonix thing of blasting the crap out of your team and coming back at half health, with a new attack.

If you have Earth units, good luck, because the come back and new attacks are both ridiculous. Did over 8K to my tree in a single round.

And because he's a solo target he's not even worth the points.

Every Frontier Hunter they add more dumb waves which serve little purpose except to annoy, and it always seems to be wave 4 of end.

This time it's a solo 6* Vargas, who upon defeat does the classic pheonix thing of blasting the crap out of your team and coming back at half health, with a new attack.

If you have Earth units, good luck, because the come back and new attacks are both ridiculous. Did over 8K to my tree in a single round.

And because he's a solo target he's not even worth the points.

Every wave 4 is a troll wave to a different type of party. There's an all water wave, an all thunder wave, the vargas wave. Each one will completely wreck units of the type weak against that element. It's mostly just a "game over, try again" level to introduce some luck.

how's fh 3 vs 2?

is middle and hard comparable to mid hard of 2?

Basically yeah, except as always they added new harder waves to End.

Like the Vargas/Selena/Lance/Eze wave got upgraded to the 6* forms, and the aforementioned Vargas wave.

Entrance is almost too easy, so it's hard to have enemies live long enough to rack up points.

Phades

Every wave 4 is a troll wave to a different type of party. There's an all water wave, an all thunder wave, the vargas wave. Each one will completely wreck units of the type weak against that element. It's mostly just a "game over, try again" level to introduce some luck.

Does this mean there is a seifa wave for the dark unit teams, that basically shut down outright folks who try to meta their system?

Just the two of them? Doesn't sound like that would be enough and more of a point feed if anything.

They hit pretty damned hard, and of course it's going to be much much worse if you're light element. I ahven't tried it with an all dark team, but their AoEs were taking my non dark team down to the 3 digits from full health consistently.

You can also never really tell how strong an opponent is just by how it looks. Weiss, Zegar, Zephu, and Leore don't appear all that powerful, but they sure showed us in FH2.

Showed us good.

Got 440k in Middle, so close to the Sacred Jewel. And that was with 5 attackers and a healer, which turned out to be completey unnecessary. So I think if I replace the tree in that run with another attacker, I might be able to get the Hero Stone.

Phades

You can also never really tell how strong an opponent is just by how it looks. Weiss, Zegar, Zephu, and Leore don't appear all that powerful, but they sure showed us in FH2.

Showed us good.

It wasn't just who they were, but how many times they attacked and the fact that leore had some uber version of the healing crown on undoing so much damage.

Personally, I'd like to run a group with Seifa in lead, Elimo, Serin, Lodin, Kikuri with a 2&mina support. No status effects to harm me, plenty of tank and energy recovery with the element swap if desired. Injury and curse effects to mitigate return damage, it should be able to brute force through most anything.

Credo

Did you recently play from another device? Use the method I posted above where you hold your finger down on the start screen to clear your user data.

I only play it on my android phone, so it's not a multi-device issue. I guess it sorted itself out because it's working again now.

Sparking with Animations off is practically impossible, and the stupid game now turns my animations off every couple of waves. So I've been going into the settings every freaking wave to make sure they are turned on. Ridiculous.

Why the hell would they make sparking affected by the animations to begin with?

Ferga

Sparking with Animations off is practically impossible, and the stupid game now turns my animations off every couple of waves. So I've been going into the settings every freaking wave to make sure they are turned on. Ridiculous.

Why the hell would they make sparking affected by the animations to begin with?

Mine are permanently off even when I turn them on in the settings. I probably should reinstall.

EditL Holy jesus. Just used 2 Felneus with level 10 SBB and destroyed FH end level.

5th stage was the 6* starters and I ate them alive with constant SBB spamming.

980k points. Wowzers.

My biggest problem is just surviving them. I got to the final wave, but even with all my guys at full health, I was getting taken down too quickly. I think the probelm was that I wasn't killing them fast enough, so I spent the afternoon levelling up my BBs. I got insanely lucky so far and got Serin from 1 -> 10 and Cayena from 1 -> 5, all on about 100 energy. I think if I can finish off this Cayena and get my other Serin to 10 as well, then i should steamroll End.

Another problem is my spheres. I only had 1 Sacred Jewel. But I managed to clear Middle with 550k so now I have a second Sacred Jewel, should help me stay alive a bit longer.

BTW, did you use a healer? I can't decide what's better. Felneus x2, Serin x2, Cayena x2 or Felneus x2, Serin x2, Cayena x1, Tree x1

Ferga

My squad was:

Felneus - medulla
Aisha - sacred
Kikuri - medulla
Twins -sacred
Loch - sacred

Friend Felneus - medulla

I had 2 defense elixirs and 2 flutes left so every turn I healed back all the damage. Took me 6 or 7 turns to kill them all so the flute's BC and HC buff was a massive help.

My squad was:

Felneus - medulla
Aisha - sacred
Kikuri - medulla
Twins -sacred
Loch - sacred

Friend Felneus - medulla

I had 2 defense elixirs and 2 flutes left so every turn I healed back all the damage. Took me 6 or 7 turns to kill them all so the flute's BC and HC buff was a massive help.

Ahh yea, that reminds me. When I made it to them I was out of flutes and defense potions. Probably goes back to what i was saying about survivability. Hopefully this Sacred Jewel and a few more levels will fix it.

Mine are permanently off even when I turn them on in the settings. I probably should reinstall.

EditL Holy jesus. Just used 2 Felneus with level 10 SBB and destroyed FH end level.

5th stage was the 6* starters and I ate them alive with constant SBB spamming.

980k points. Wowzers.
Reinstalling will fix that problem. I just reinstalled because I had the same issue, and now it's fine.

HOWEVER, now the game runs like trash, and I'm getting tons of slowdown.

Ferga

Ran into holy flame vargas in end

I killed it with all my units low then it bloody respawned with half life with an attack buff and killed my team

I had all my items too. Irked. Just irked.

It appears they finally fixed the FH crashing/continuing bug.

It crashed on me and when I came back I actually continued correctly and got the proper reward at the end of the run.

Kreed

Got really lucky with my first run against the Thunder battle maiden at lvl 3 and got the drop. Went with an all grass team with a Gemini Il & Mina friend lead and despite the fire mobs it wasn't difficult since most rely on status effects (the two mid bosses were thunder element with fire grunt helpers which made things easier).

Lan_97

This is the first time I have a decent team for FH. Was able to get Sacred Jewel from mid but my highest so far for End is just over 500k.

Also, it looks like the 50% Amazon coin refund was still working, so I able to turn the free 2200 coins into about 57 gems.

What's the boost from Hero Stone? Is it worth trying to get? I got 570k but i think im going to have to level my bbs to do any better.
It's pretty good, actually. I got one from Arena, and it helps out my Anima Eze's REC quite a bit when it's up, so I'm assuming the boost in other stats is good, too.

Is there a list of spheres actually worth using? I know the ones that give % boost to all stats are good, what else?

I heard one of the crowns are good?

Phades

Couldn't finish End but still managed to score enough for Medulla Gem! Awww yeah!

I do want to get all the prizes still, though.

Lol I'm envious of you guys. I cleared end twice and it didn't seem as hard as last time (although I didn't hit a weiss wave). I hit lugina once and he wasn't anything special. The special attack he does at half life basically one shots anything though i think (>7200 hp) and pretty much guarantees not survival bonus at the end which is lame... I hit a melchio + angels wave too on round 4 and I massively over estimated how strong they would be. I ended up wiping out all the angels on the first round by accident. Free points for a dark team.

I got the thief glove at least. =/

Phades

Is there a list of spheres actually worth using? I know the ones that give % boost to all stats are good, what else?

I heard one of the crowns are good?

soul spear = get hp when attacking
holy crown = get BB gauge increase when hit
evil shard= Get bb gauge increase every turn
Magic ore = evil shard but better
divine spear= % chance to ignore target defense

Can't think of anything else really.

blackflag

soul spear = get hp when attacking
holy crown = get BB gauge increase when hit
evil shard= Get bb gauge increase every turn
Magic ore = evil shard but better
divine spear= % chance to ignore target defense

Can't think of anything else really.

Not Muramasa? I just crafted one

Phades

Not Muramasa? I just crafted one

It isn't bad, especially in the arena where you can decide the fight in the first turn potentially. For harder content elsewhere, things that give both offense and defense tend to be better since the fights tends to go longer and the return damage is much higher.

Just in raw math terms. A 15% item surpasses a 50% for 2 turn item on turn 7, while a 20% item matches it on turn 5. That is looking at only the offense side of the equation. Items like medulla gem get both hp and defense at 20% which will allow you to go past a couple return attacks by comparison. Then you have to consider timing for BB and if the effect would still be up.

In observing other items with a similar effect, you would be wanting an angelic foil (craft-able) and masamune 75% to atk and defense for the first 2 turns.

blackflag

Ok cool thanks for the info, I haven't been able do get any of those better spheres yet.

I died to the last guy in FH and don't think I can really make a better team right now but I can do most content.

Phades

I would try to not sweat it, although I know how annoying that feels.

The frontier hunter is a different animal from the rest of the game really and it is heavily biased towards folks who have done well in it previously. Those folks did well because they got certain combinations of pulls that are just better.

Fortunately, you don't have to clear the dungeons in order to earn prizes, unlike the regular quest dungeons. The gems, nearly 1 million zel, various assortment of burst frogs, etc make it something you can't just ignore even if you can't get the top prizes.

blackflag

Yeah, I actually didn't even know what frontier hunter was last time and skipped it. I have a ton of good units but I need to work out a better cohesive team.

And yeah I just got the million zel, 2 burst frogs and some other stuff. My holy flame Vargas bb is stuck at 9 so I might use 1 on him.

Top Bottom