• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

TimeKillr

Is it me or is there a *lot* less crystals dropping than before?

Battles seem much faster and smoother, too.

Also LOL at Auto-battle - it'll spam BBs like there's no tomorrow, so my 2-healer team is just dumb ;)

Lockon

Daily login is gone wtf! Gumi fix this shit stat! Also, I think I might have lost 35 energy getting in battle maiden level 3...game crash, too many playing, or in maintainence right now

Edit: yep lost 35 energy

Orgun

Is it me or is there a *lot* less crystals dropping than before?

Battles seem much faster and smoother, too.

Also LOL at Auto-battle - it'll spam BBs like there's no tomorrow, so my 2-healer team is just dumb ;)

I did not even notice that button! That will be great for Metal runs.

This video recording shit is the worst thing in the fucking game right now. It slows boss fights and arena down to like 5fps. And you can disable it in settings, but it doesn't remember so the next time you log in, its on again.

Woohoo oracle buff.

Looks like there is multi-summon from the honor gate now too

Multi-summon is crap. It's like, .1 seconds faster than clicking one at a time. I want a P&D style thing where it opens up a panel showing you 10 units at a time or something.

I mean, it has that panel, but it still makes you load and tap a door for each unit, and still individually view the units.

Draxal

Seriously, what is up with the lowered crystal drop rates? Even with the omni gizmo, I'm only getting 5-6 per round.

Graphics change, even though less drop visually, my bars are still filling up pretty fast. They needed to it with Felneus and Douglas bb spam.

Graphics change, even though less drop visually, my bars are still filling up pretty fast. They needed to it with Felneus and Douglas bb spam.

It's funny that they thought a bunch of crystals on the screen was too much of a performance problem, but this video recording garbage that lowers your game to between 2 and 5 frames per second was acceptable.

Phades

The characters that get the crystals seem to fill up relatively normal (although if the oracle fix is in, I'm not sure what "normal" is supposed to be anymore). The folks that don't get crystals though, don't seem to move at all. I was thinking the whole point of having more crystals was to have a more even distribution rate overal.

Draxal

It's funny that they thought a bunch of crystals on the screen was too much of a performance problem, but this video recording garbage that lowers your game to between 2 and 5 frames per second was acceptable.

Think they hotfixed it so was defaulted to off now.

Phades

Game is crashing (unexpected errors) a lot more than it used to as well when switching between teams and "areas" in the game (not in a dungeon).

Also using an S4. Try arena and Miracle Totem and let me know. Arena looks like it's going in slow motion for me.
It runs fine on my Nexus 5 (CM11), but for some reason battle effects are off, and I can't turn them back on.

Gumi really, really needs to get someone to do QA for this game. This is bullshit, and they are going to lose players if they keep this up.

It runs fine on my Nexus 5 (CM11), but for some reason battle effects are off, and I can't turn them back on.

Gumi really, really needs to get someone to do QA for this game. This is bullshit, and they are going to lose players if they keep this up.

As a software engineer, I'm imagining what their codebase must looks like, and it scares me. I can totally see how this would happen, and all the scenarios I run through in my head of how things like this would happen are pretty awful. I'm not even sure QA would fix the problems. QA could certainly find problems, but I suspect they are in code hell, where for every 1 bug fixed, they introduce 2 new ones. QA isn't going to help with that. Better software engineers will.

As a software engineer, I'm imagining what their codebase must looks like, and it scares me. I can totally see how this would happen, and all the scenarios I run through in my head of how things like this would happen are pretty awful. I'm not even sure QA would fix the problems. QA could certainly find problems, but I suspect they are in code hell, where for every 1 bug fixed, they introduce 2 new ones. QA isn't going to help with that. Better software engineers will.
Well, what QA could do is get the update first and report any issues, so they get a chance to address them before they get released into the wild.

Draxal

It does have probable Paralysis *and* weaken though, so it's definitely still useful. Weaken and Paralysis against Karl would be a godsend.

There's no way paralysis works against Karl. Weaken does work (reason why Amy is the best sub unit for now against him).

Phades

I imagine he wipes out injury automatically when he does blue execution though. Injury is an awesome debuff against boss type characters. I don't really care that much how much damage I do per round, since they don't heal (usually) and there is no time limit. What I do care about is how much damage they are doing to me each round though and injury impacts that signifigantly.

Just be glad they use Facebook api for logins, which i think means they don't store email or any of that jazz on their BE.

Well, no derp for you but for me. Weaken doesn't work either, only debuff he's not immune to is injury (which Amy has).
I've poisoned him before; it did 40000 per turn. It's possible they patched out his susceptibility to that, though. Even if they didn't, the proc rate must be really low, and I wouldn't be surprised if his second form is indeed immune.

Phades

Still grinding for fire spirit. Oh hey look, auto battle is on. I can still eat lunch and not really have to pay attention at all.

A feature I never thought I would like or need, turns out to be rather useful. Just need auto check boxes for captured units to be sold off and auto craft available items...

Oh goodie a new error window popped up this time.

"Unable to issue network key".

Fan freaking tastic.

blackflag

Says I have no leader or friend leader skill.....Also BB guage is filling up super slow even with 2 dual Holy Master Aem..... Whut did you do Gumi>?>>?????

Amon37

Battle sounds are fucked, BB graphics not showing even though I have the setting on lol Gumi should have pushed this update back further.

Looks like the new Frontier Hunter has 3 parts instead of 2.

Entrance, Middle, End.

I base this on the fact that there is an MVP reward listed for "Frontier - Entrance" if you look at the rewards screens.

Battle sounds are fucked, BB graphics not showing even though I have the setting on lol Gumi should have pushed this update back further.

LOL On the update before this one, my music was "remixed" and the instruments all sounded really bad. they sounded like really badly composed midi. And certain songs would stop after one loop. It was really bizarre.

yeah this game reminds me of the free 2 play korean mmos that get localized where each patch has half the shit mistranslated and so many rollbacks because of all the hacks.

yeah this game reminds me of the free 2 play korean mmos that get localized where each patch has half the shit mistranslated and so many rollbacks because of all the hacks.

The worst part is that it's so close to FH. I just had an issue where changing to my ipad (i usually use android) wouldn't work and give me a network error. I fixed it by a magical hack, and then my android version stopped working. Fucking A, the only other game I can think of with this many bugs is Kings Road

Oh, and it turns out Auto Battle on iOS devices is game-breakingly powerful because all units attack at exactly the same frame. But on Android? Nope. Couldn't even make this crap up.

Oh and by the way, they changed it to where you can no longer use friends that you've already used, but get no honor. Instead they just don't show up (this might only happen after you've used them twice). Real great when you've used all the friends on your list. Just have to stop playing. Would have been nice to know that RIGHT BEFORE FH STARTED.

MicH

Oracle is his best type he has horrific rec and plenty of HP to spare.
Well that's great news! Thanks :D So happy to finally get him! My dark team is slowly coming together;

Goth Idol Kikuri
Demon Blade Lico
Oboro
Shida
Magress

:D

I also just maxed out my 5 star Anima Atro

Draxal

Free gem due to fh delay. Can't believe they scheduled fh the day right after patch day with their wdll known incompetence at it.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Any one else have their game showing no Leader skills or Friend skills?

No clue if they are working or not, but they show blank. I don't think they are, as Holy Flame Vargas gives 10% to HP and it's not.

Went to manage squad.. shows "no leader skill" no matter who I pick.

Oh well.. I'll wait til they fix and get another free gem I guess.

Top Bottom