• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

Skim through the thread for ideas. I'm sure you aren't far off from something that would work well in general.

Personally, I think of it in terms of a CCG. Which items/effects do I need? How do they impact turn to turn gameplay? Then I try to go from there.

I could theory craft a lot of different things too, but since I don't have the vast majority of better units, it is just too far out there to worry about. So really it comes down to gem collection and seeing if the machine spirit likes me on any given day.

Here's my FH experience:

Get destroyed in End, score about 350k
Farm BB fodder for Felneus, unlock his SBB
Do much better in End, up to 500k, but barely scraped by
Use 3 Metal Keys to max a second Cayena and a second Serin, and level up Felenus
Get 625k in End and get Medulla Gem (yay!)
Farm BB fodder for Cayena, get her from BB1 -> BB10 and Serin from BB1 -> BB5
Get 880k in ENd and get Divine Stone (yay!), but still can't break 580k in Middle
Equip the new gems and farm more BB fodder, getting second Serin to BB6 and second Cayena to BB8.
Get 1m in End and 625k in Middle and get Hero Stone (yay!)

Amazing how much difference BB levels makes.

My party is

Felneus [64/100] [Medulla Gem] SBB1
Serin [80/80] [Sacred Jewel] BB8
Serin [80/80] [Sacred Jewel] BB5
Cayena [80/80] [Burny's Soul Stone] BB10
Cayena [80/80] [Divine Stone] BB6

cpp king is too hardcore lol.

For some reason I've just been having insane luck levelling up BBs the past few days. i don't know if they increased the rate, but usually I run Cave of Flames -> Wielder of the Fire and put it on Auto battle while I'm doing something else, then do it again in a few minutes when it's finished. 20 runs of that is usually enough to get me anywhere from 4-7 BB levels it seems like.

Draxal

The felneus squad just tore up the weiss/leore/zegar wave, that felt good after the hurt they inflicted the last fh.

Got another Medulla, so I can pretty much coast from now on.

So sometimes after I activate Auto a Battle, battle sound effects shut off and then Display Battle Effects and Display Background Effects gets turned off. It is really starting to get on my nerves. Also, the video replay option turns itself back on every time I boot the game up. I have to remember to go into options and turn it off every time I start the game now. Are there any workarounds for these bugs?

So sometimes after I activate Auto a Battle, battle sound effects shut off and then Display Battle Effects and Display Background Effects gets turned off. It is really starting to get on my nerves. Also, the video replay option turns itself back on every time I boot the game up. I have to remember to go into options and turn it off every time I start the game now. Are there any workarounds for these bugs?

I emailed support about the latter, they said there's no workaround right now but they're working on a fix.

Ferga

Gumi has said on their facebook that effects are turned off when you turn on auto battle.

You have to manually turn them back on.

If they are permanently off no matter waht you do, reinstall

I am having less luck trying to get Bailey all week than the previous 3 Maidens, and now we're less than a day away.
I barely survived Lv2, so I've been concentrating on Lv1 the whole time.

The new Lugina wave (Wave 5 of End) is stupid.

He did Ground Rock 6 times in one round. That's over 10K damage to each and every enemy, AoE. And that was with a defense potion up, and all high defense units.

I'm not entirely convinced that an all fire party that could survive that, much less anyone else.

Ferga

Even with a maxed out team with 2 defense elixirs and a flute, I barely made it through Kikuri and Sefia in End round 5.

Endless curse and paralysis shuts down the SBB spam felneus party :c

If anyone has a Felneus leader please send me a friend request. I do not have the means to evolve my Leviathan yet and this game no longer lets me send invites after using a helper in a mission. They totally screwed up this patch.

Thanks.

If anyone has a Felneus leader please send me a friend request. I do not have the means to evolve my Leviathan yet and this game no longer lets me send invites after using a helper in a mission. They totally screwed up this patch.

Thanks.

Dumb question, but are you sure your friend list isn't full?

Dumb question, but are you sure your friend list isn't full?

My friend's list still has room.

What I mean when I say "Can't add friends after missions" is that when I used to do a battle in the Arena and/or during a mission it would afterwards ask if you would like to send the opponent/helper a friend request.

It no longer asks me that. It only asks me if I want to watch a replay.

I don't want to watch replays... -__-

What I mean when I say "Can't add friends after missions" is that when I used to do a battle in the Arena and/or during a mission it would afterwards ask if you would like to send the opponent/helper a friend request.

Try turning off video recording.

Edit : tried to add you and yyou're full

Lan_97

Got pretty lucky with the last two waves in FH End. Encountered a Vargas (using mono-water squad) and a team of rainbow leaders (bb-sparking and beatable for my team). I usually fall between 400-500k, but with this run I got over 900k.

5* Serin (L, Sacred Jewel)
5* Serin (A, Sacred Jewel)
4* Serin (G, Burny's)
3* Serin (G, Goddess Seal)
5* Elimo (O, Flesh Armor)

5* Malnaplis friend

That group of Rainbow leaders is so easy. I can't imagine the team that can get to wave 5 of end and not tear that group up easily.

Right. Not asking is what it does if your list is full, which is why I asked.

I too get the "This person has reached the maximum number of friends." when I try to add your number.

If you really aren't full, I'd remove someone and see if it fixes itself or something.

That group of Rainbow leaders is so easy. I can't imagine the team that can get to wave 5 of end and not tear that group up easily.

There's actually 2 rainbow leader groups. One is Michele and friends, the other is 6* starters. The former is easier, the last one you can definitely lose to, especially if you've used all your elixirs and flutes. Still easier than the other waves though.

I wish mvp ranking list worked. I just got 1,060,000 on end but i have no idea how that stacks up, or what #1 is.

There's actually 2 rainbow leader groups. One is Michele and friends, the other is 6* starters. The former is easier, the last one you can definitely lose to, especially if you've used all your elixirs and flutes. Still easier than the other waves though.

I wish mvp ranking list worked. I just got 1,060,000 on end but i have no idea how that stacks up, or what #1 is.

I don't see how 6* starters are "Rainbow Leaders" by any meaning of the word.

Kreed

Pulled twice and pulled two Logans in a row. Really wanted Rashil and I'd rather have gotten something else instead of a second Logan but two Logans aren't bad.

blackflag

I made a few pulls and got these
Anima hail bot reeze
Guardian shock mage rashil
Breaker dark swords Logan
Guardian Lorand
Breaker war demon vishra(my 3rd)
Anima Lich
Breaker Cyborg Lilith
2 Edea in a row.......

so i used that 22 free amazon coin thing the other day. That + the amazon app promotion that gives you 50% coins back for purchases and ended up paying 45 bucks for 215 gems.

used 115 gems and I got

2 twins
1 leviathan
2 lorand
2 vishra
4 shock mage rashill (really?)
1 reeze
1 dean
2 dilma
2 rickel
1 lidth
1 pixy
1 zelbane
2 falma
1 heidt
2 alice
1 lemia
1 duel gx
1 luna
1 sergio

Wished I got a michele, lava and sefia =(.

For those that want to know about the amazon trick, here it is. As of today it worked (5/18)

http://www.bravefrontierforum.net/threads/amazon-coins-earn-50-refund-on-purchase-of-gem-packs.1572/

Ferga

Are those summons worth pulling? I don't play incredibly often, so I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to this.

Depends on what kind of team you have.

The water unit is strong and the thunder unit is an awesome healer for thunder teams

Dark one is nice for boss battles like miracle totem

Stimpack

Depends on what kind of team you have.

The water unit is strong and the thunder unit is an awesome healer for thunder teams

Dark one is nice for boss battles like miracle totem

Well, I have no idea what kind of team I have. I haven't really taken the time to strategize. I'd rather just save my gems for one of those "get this NOW" kind of events. This isn't one of those, is it?

Ferga

Well, I have no idea what kind of team I have. I haven't really taken the time to strategize. I'd rather just save my gems for one of those "get this NOW" kind of events. This isn't one of those, is it?

The next batch of units coming out are very popular in the japanese version.

The dark and light unit are very desirable to have.

Lan_97

Pulled a Lilith and Logan with some saved up free gems. I have a bunch on the Amazon version of the game, not sure if I should pull until I get Rashil or just hang on to them.

Credo

Through a massive amount of luck and incredibly stupid A.I. decision-making in the 5th round, I finally beat The End on FH last night. And I still only managed to get 550,000. I don't know how you people get 800,000+ scores but bravo.

Draxal

The next batch of units coming out are very popular in the japanese version.

The dark and light unit are very desirable to have.

Yeah, the light unit is supposed to be tied with best leader for Felneus (you would both at the same time as leader with a friend).

I'm wondering if they're going to boost the drop rate for Douglas's tier when they get six stars (just like Felneus tier).

Through a massive amount of luck and incredibly stupid A.I. decision-making in the 5th round, I finally beat The End on FH last night. And I still only managed to get 550,000. I don't know how you people get 800,000+ scores but bravo.

Spark spam due to bbs every turn. It's also very dependent on the teams you face (the more guys in a wave the better).

Does this work if you install the app today? The first line in that link says, "PROMOTION ENDED MAY 4 (But its still available for some lucky few players who installed the game before May 4)," so I wonder if it's even worth trying.

Amazon promotion was still working as of yesterday. Its worth using Amazon due to the deals they run some of the time (55 free gems for downloading 9 camera apps and GTA San Andreas for free).

Credo

so i used that 22 free amazon coin thing the other day. That + the amazon app promotion that gives you 50% coins back for purchases and ended up paying 45 bucks for 215 gems.

used 115 gems and I got

2 twins
1 leviathan
2 lorand
2 vishra
4 shock mage rashill (really?)
1 reeze
1 dean
2 dilma
2 rickel
1 lidth
1 pixy
1 zelbane
2 falma
1 heidt
2 alice
1 lemia
1 duel gx
1 luna
1 sergio

Wished I got a michele, lava and sefia =(.

For those that want to know about the amazon trick, here it is. As of today it worked (5/18)

http://www.bravefrontierforum.net/threads/amazon-coins-earn-50-refund-on-purchase-of-gem-packs.1572/

Does this work if you install the app today? The first line in that link says, "PROMOTION ENDED MAY 4 (But its still available for some lucky few players who installed the game before May 4)," so I wonder if it's even worth trying.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Sparks and multikills. I get everyone down to a bit of health then aoe them all into submission. Repeat until you are dead. Also depends on the mobs you get. Against certain enemies, there's no way you can get 800k.

Be warned about the Amazon app.

Gumi posted to facebook that due to abuse Amazon gems and units purchased with them were fair game for being removed.

Nobody knows exactly what that means. Was there a loophole that allowed someone thousands of gems free? Or are they just referring to those who got lots of gems free but legit?

Gumi posted to facebook that due to abuse Amazon gems and units purchased with them were fair game for being removed.

Nobody knows exactly what that means. Was there a loophole that allowed someone thousands of gems free? Or are they just referring to those who got lots of gems free but legit?

If they remove gems and units obtained via legit summoning with legit amazon gems i and many others will quit this game in a heartbeat. Talk about arrogance. They are the ones who specifically made a version of their game for the Amazon appstore.

Edit: i checked Facebook and don't see this post anywhere. Was it deleted?

Edit 2: there is a promotion where downloading GTA from Amazon store gets you 2000 free coins, a net profit. Yesterday it was posted elsewhere that you can then delete GTA and reinstall it ad infinitum for endless gems. This is the only thing i can think of. But this was fixed on Amazon's side, and it's almost certainly impossible for Gumi to tell who abused this and who didn't. Only thing i can think of.

Phades

Amazing how much difference BB levels makes.

My party is

Felneus [64/100] [Medulla Gem] SBB1
Serin [80/80] [Sacred Jewel] BB8
Serin [80/80] [Sacred Jewel] BB5
Cayena [80/80] [Burny's Soul Stone] BB10
Cayena [80/80] [Divine Stone] BB6

Problem is, you have an engine powering that forward. Without that engine and high hit/output characters, it would fall apart. The unit quality in question is the most important part of the equation, level, type, and BB level are very secondary to that. If you were to swap out the serins for mega and cayena for lava, you would have very different results and point totals. You would still probably clear levels, but it would be very different score wise since you are cutting the hits in half and spacing them out instead of compressing them together.

This situation is going to remain true in frontier hunter until they change the scoring methodology for sparks, BB kills, and multi-kills. The damage assessment on top of that, in addition to the overkill scoring is like rewarding someone for getting those 3 rewards already, never mind the additional point bonus for crystal generation which is higher on higher hit count characters.

The new Lugina wave (Wave 5 of End) is stupid.

He did Ground Rock 6 times in one round. That's over 10K damage to each and every enemy, AoE. And that was with a defense potion up, and all high defense units.

I'm not entirely convinced that an all fire party that could survive that, much less anyone else.

On a defense buff party, his regular ground rock aoe only does around1k. Anima vargas 6* /w 6* support vargas and no orb buffs put his hp at above 7,200hp. His super dos a lot more, but less than 3k and his half health attack is flat out cheating. My fire units could pretty much sleep through his "normal" attacks AOE or not. His bigger AOE needed a good heal afterwards though. If the defense buff was down, he hurt a lot more too. I didn't get hit with a 6x regular AOE round, but that would be roughly equal to him doing 2 of his big AOE hits. Worst round I had was a big AOE hit followed by a small aoe and 3 normal attacks. His normal hits were doing about 40-60 damage per report against my fire units with a defense buff up.

Anytime the game does what you described, it is just deciding randomly that you should lose for whatever reason. I had similar happen to me on mid when stya did her aoe twice, along with nemia, and then attacked 4 more times on the same person destroying my chance for the survival bonus for the end of dungeon assessment, no items used bonus for that round and something else that I'm forgetting that prevented me from getting the sacred jewel reward from my one and only chance at getting a score that high to date.

Problem is, you have an engine powering that forward. Without that engine and high hit/output characters, it would fall apart. The unit quality in question is the most important part of the equation, level, type, and BB level are very secondary to that. If you were to swap out the serins for mega and cayena for lava, you would have very different results and point totals. You would still probably clear levels, but it would be very different score wise since you are cutting the hits in half and spacing them out instead of compressing them together.

This situation is going to remain true in frontier hunter until they change the scoring methodology for sparks, BB kills, and multi-kills. The damage assessment on top of that, in addition to the overkill scoring is like rewarding someone for getting those 3 rewards already, never mind the additional point bonus for crystal generation which is higher on higher hit count characters.

I saw a couple of reports of people getting 900k+ with no high hit count units. It requires lucky rolls on the waves though, just as it does with the BB spam group.

Fwiw, i don't consider any of the FH3 bb spam groups to be f2p groups. Having a f2p group that could beat lv. 3 of those battle maiden dungeons is highly unlikely, and getting 2-4 drops of each one on lv. 1 or 2 without massive gemming of energy is even more unlikely. But even if so, maxing 4 of these units in a short time period without gemming MP is basically impossible. So despite what everyone says, this is very much a p2p team, so it's not surprising that it would dominate.

Draxal

It probably had to do with the San Andreas exploit.

I think i figured out why ive near lost all interest in this game. Where infinite BB spam is really the ideal party, shit is kinda bummerific.

Did they ever nerf that in jp?

If they remove gems and units obtained via legit summoning with legit amazon gems i and many others will quit this game in a heartbeat. Talk about arrogance. They are the ones who specifically made a version of their game for the Amazon appstore.

Edit: i checked Facebook and don't see this post anywhere. Was it deleted?

Edit 2: there is a promotion where downloading GTA from Amazon store gets you 2000 free coins, a net profit. Yesterday it was posted elsewhere that you can then delete GTA and reinstall it ad infinitum for endless gems. This is the only thing i can think of. But this was fixed on Amazon's side, and it's almost certainly impossible for Gumi to tell who abused this and who didn't. Only thing i can think of.

It wasn't one of their official posts, it was in response to people asking why they had a bunch of gems removed. If you could delete and re-download, I could totally see Amazon and Gumi working together to take the gems back. Like I said, I don't know what Gumi considers abuse.

http://i.imgur.com/GzrrJFe.png

NH Apache

Banned
6* Alice. Who knows when that will come over.

Ugh

I am still not sure if i wan to rock all the same element with 50 bonus attack or use varied elements in my group with the 25 percent bonus attack (with 5 or more elements) that I have from my Polar Angel Tiara (No. 348)

I figure that a dark team could throw a lot of damage. But I need a healer.

Ugh

I am still not sure if i wan to rock all the same element with 50 bonus attack or use varied elements in my group with the 25 percent bonus attack (with 5 or more elements) that I have from my Polar Angel Tiara (No. 348)

the healer doesn't have to dps (jmost suck at damage anyways). Just put an elimo or tree in there.

Draxal

Ugh

Just run any of the premium healers in mono dark. They should be guarding anyway.

Phades

I saw a couple of reports of people getting 900k+ with no high hit count units. It requires lucky rolls on the waves though, just as it does with the BB spam group.

Fwiw, i don't consider any of the FH3 bb spam groups to be f2p groups. Having a f2p group that could beat lv. 3 of those battle maiden dungeons is highly unlikely, and getting 2-4 drops of each one on lv. 1 or 2 without massive gemming of energy is even more unlikely. But even if so, maxing 4 of these units in a short time period without gemming MP is basically impossible. So despite what everyone says, this is very much a p2p team, so it's not surprising that it would dominate.

I can beat any non-water lv3 and I'm F2P. Some of them do require a 2&mina support though. Water lv3s require a little bit of luck and an alternate team. Even with the fire team, I can clear the level 2s without too much difficulty. I mean hell, I got 14 gems in the space of 2 days from this round of FH, which is nearly 3 pulls. If I don't get crap pulls next time around, I could very well be up there for the next FH.

It is a combination of things, but having the hit counts occur close together is almost as important as having a higher hit count and increasing the probability of the sparks occuring. Unless there is a high level version of the soothing pot (which actively heals its self randomly each round and does fufu return damage), I don't believe those claims. I've done the chaos god/gluttony god combos, the earth shrub which is basically either of those and spams status effects and fufu damage, the melchio wave and a couple of other things that just scream free points, but nothing to the order of magnitudes that folks reference where they are scoring ~200k+ in a single wave.

I can very much understand being able to pull off 120~150k on end/60~80k on mid, a wave through good BB coverage with sparks and having an engine to drive that throughout the entire dungeon. Higher than that just seems like a fantasy and suggesting that sub 7 hit characters could do it as well seems laughable.

Top Bottom