• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

NH Apache

Banned
the healer doesn't have to dps (jmost suck at damage anyways). Just put an elimo or tree in there.

Yeah, I wish. I just keep pulling Mifunes for some reason.

Current squad:

HowZLkR.png
All are four stars. Gonna start prepping to get some totems.

Lan_97

A few more pulls:

Il&Mina
Elulu
Shida
Vishra
Rashil

Now I'm done. Mainly wanted the Rashil, but picking up Il&Mina and Vishra on the way isn't too bad either.

Aside from the Amazon coins (still no real money spent), I've been f2p the whole way. The 6* Starter event was a huge boon in filling out mono-element squads which made tackling totems and maidens much easier. And farming up Serin lv3 let me blow through FH end (with luck) even without a max level/*/bb party.

think im done with arena for now. everyone in dragoon is rolling with magress dark party. not fun.
If it's any consolation, that eventually evens out as you go further up, and the team configurations pretty much stay the same from here on out. For me, now, it doesn't matter what level my opponent is anymore--it could be 70 or 150, and the resultant team will more or less be exactly the same.

I don't think I can get the top scores in FH. Without Felneus, there's just no way to ensure that I have full BB every round, which is what it looks like is necessary for the best scores. I should probably craft some Tech Gizmo 2s and see if that will help.

If it's any consolation, that eventually evens out as you go further up, and the team configurations pretty much stay the same from here on out. For me, now, it doesn't matter what level my opponent is anymore--it could be 70 or 150, and the resultant team will more or less be exactly the same.

I don't think I can get the top scores in FH. Without Felneus, there's just no way to ensure that I have full BB every round, which is what it looks like is necessary for the best scores. I should probably craft some Tech Gizmo 2s and see if that will help.

Did you get the Divine Stone? Aside from bragging rights, I don't think the top scores really matter all that much.

Did you get the Divine Stone? Aside from bragging rights, I don't think the top scores really matter all that much.
I didn't. I can't get that, Hero Stone, or Limbo Stone. Oddly enough, I got everything else relatively easily, but I just don't see a way to clear that last point gap without another team.

I didn't. I can't get that, Hero Stone, or Limbo Stone. Oddly enough, I got everything else relatively easily, but I just don't see a way to clear that last point gap without another team.

FWIW, Hero Stone was hard for me even with the BB spam team (10+ attempts, and my winning attempt I got it by only 5k points), and I wasn't able to get Limbo Stone at all. I think Limbo Stone actually needs a non-BB spam team, and that perhaps the only way to get it is to focus on elemental weakness attacks. Not sure, because I can't get it.

Phades

I'm almost convinced you have to have the soothing pot spawn for a limbo stone to be possible and you would be milking that thing for hours for only crystal drops to add to your point total. Even if you used level 1 units of a high quality, you would still kill stuff off too quickly in all likelyhood. Going in the opposite direction for crap quality units, I don't think an all slime team would do better point wise.

FWIW, Hero Stone was hard for me even with the BB spam team (10+ attempts, and my winning attempt I got it by only 5k points), and I wasn't able to get Limbo Stone at all. I think Limbo Stone actually needs a non-BB spam team, and that perhaps the only way to get it is to focus on elemental weakness attacks. Not sure, because I can't get it.
I think Limbo Stone might be doable if you ace every round but the first in 1-turn, since that appears to be the biggest bonus available in Entrance. I'm not sure how you would do that. Probably have a Felneus SBB spam team with everyone using Tech Gizmo 2? That would be my best guess.

Actually, in order to blast round 1, you might need an Aem/Aisha team. Then just hope you get enough gems to fully restore your (S)BBs every round.

I think Limbo Stone might be doable if you ace every round but the first in 1-turn, since that appears to be the biggest bonus available in Entrance. I'm not sure how you would do that. Probably have a Felneus SBB spam team with everyone using Tech Gizmo 2? That would be my best guess.

Actually, in order to blast round 1, you might need an Aem/Aisha team. Then just hope you get enough gems to fully restore your (S)BBs every round.

You can ace the first round in 1 turn too, by using an Attack potion and just attacking. All of your units should 1-shot everything. I think you probably need a rainbow team so that you can fully exploit elemental weaknesses. But yea, idk. Not worth it though IMO, the Limbo Stone is craftable anyway.

Credo

Just fought Karl for the first time. Not trying Karl again for a long, long time.

I had to use all my items to get him down to 2/3 HP of his second form, and after my first group got wiped out, my second group got him down to about 1/2 HP and he used his attack that wiped my entire group. I know my setup is far from ideal, but I don't see how you can win.

Just fought Karl for the first time. Not trying Karl again for a long, long time.

I had to use all my items to get him down to 2/3 HP of his second form, and after my first group got wiped out, my second group got him down to about 1/2 HP and he used his attack that wiped my entire group. I know my setup is far from ideal, but I don't see how you can win.

Were you guarding every 5 turns? Also, did he have his attack buff up when he used Blue Execution?

Credo

Were you guarding every 5 turns? Also, did he have his attack buff up when he used Blue Execution?

I didn't know about the guarding thing, but I'll keep it in mind if I try it again. And I don't know if he did or didn't have his buff up when he used Blue Execution, but my units were at about 75% or so HP and went down to zero instantly. I guess I should've read more about the fight before I tried it, but I'm not sure what site has the most comprehensive strategy details.

I didn't know about the guarding thing, but I'll keep it in mind if I try it again. And I don't know if he did or didn't have his buff up when he used Blue Execution, but my units were at about 75% or so HP and went down to zero instantly. I guess I should've read more about the fight before I tried it, but I'm not sure what site has the most comprehensive strategy details.

Every 5 turns he uses his BB (even in phase 1). I don't remember what it's called but it does a moderate amount of damage, guarding will definitely make a big difference in how much you have to heal. In phase 2 I think at 75% he gets an Attack up buff. It lasts a few turns, don't remember how much. Blue Execution (his phase 2 50% move) is hard enough to survive as is, but if he has his attack buff on, then there's no chance. The normal approach is to get him to just over 50%, then wait out his Attack Up buff (if it's still on), then have everyone except 1 person (hopefully a high defense high HP thunder unit, like maybe a max level Holy Thunder Eze) guard, and have that last person attack to bring him below 50%. You're basically sacrificing the non-guarding person, although if his HP is high enough it's possible to survive. You can use a thunder seal right before this too to further reduce damage.

I think the way I'd go if I had access to everything in the game would be a rainbow team with 2x Lugina leaders, a known spark pattern, all 6 equipped with Muramasa/Angelic Foil, 1 Attack potion/round, using Fujin potions as needed.

I think this could maximize Spark, Overkill, Attack, Elemental Weakness, and 1-turn kill bonuses.

Not many could do this, and it's even harder when nobody has Lugina as their leader at the moment, but triple damage from everybody is going to be some good overkill.

Draxal

I think the way I'd go if I had access to everything in the game would be a rainbow team with 2x Lugina leaders, a known spark pattern, all 6 equipped with Muramasa/Angelic Foil, 1 Attack potion/round, using Fujin potions as needed.

I think this could maximize Spark, Overkill, Attack, Elemental Weakness, and 1-turn kill bonuses.

Not many could do this, and it's even harder when nobody has Lugina as their leader at the moment, but triple damage from everybody is going to be some good overkill.

I don't think Luginas stack with Muramas (and I'm not even sure if they stack with each other as he gives a quantiable buff that might be overwritten).

I don't think Luginas stack with Muramas (and I'm not even sure if they stack with each other as he gives a quantiable buff that might be overwritten).

That's an interesting point. You could replace the Luginas with two of the Michelle/Zelban types instead.

I don't have a Lugina, does it really not stack with Muramasa? That would seem to make his leader skill way weaker than it first appears.

Phades

It would be nice if we got any information at all towards what stacks, the limits of them (if any) among other things as far as mechanics go.

It would be nice if we got any information at all towards what stacks, the limits of them (if any) among other things as far as mechanics go.

Most of it is easy to test, just requires someone to actually do it. If nobody else does, I should have Lugina at the end of FH4, maybe I'll do it.

Phades

Just more annoying, since we don't get a modified stat window inside the dungeon. HP tracking being the only really easy thing unfortunately.

Just more annoying, since we don't get a modified stat window inside the dungeon. HP tracking being the only really easy thing unfortunately.

Testing attack is still very easy. Go into Start of Adventure 4 times.

Time 1: Lugina + no sphere
Time 2: Lugina + Muramasa

Time 3: Lugina + no sphere + Lugina helper
Time 4: Lugina + muramasa + Lugina helper

Test each attack against a Mossy. If everything stacks you should have 1 < 2 = 3 < 4

http://appinvasion.com/threads/iguana-sp-lugina.48317/page-2

From what I remember, is people were using Lugina in arenas with Medulla gems so he's still very good in arena.

I'm one of those who after testing do not believe in the Medulla gem over Muramasa in Arena, so this makes me far less enthused about getting Lugina in this FH. At least I know that for me he's not worth leveling. Will save me the metal gods/etc.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea.

Phades

Testing attack is still very easy. Go into Start of Adventure 4 times.

Time 1: Lugina + no sphere
Time 2: Lugina + Muramasa

Time 3: Lugina + no sphere + Lugina helper
Time 4: Lugina + muramasa + Lugina helper

Test each attack against a Mossy. If everything stacks you should have 1 < 2 = 3 < 4

I get the method isn't complex. It is the attaining lugina and finding a friend who isn't maxed out on capacity who also has lugina then going through the trouble of running it like that being an annoying process.

Even in doing this, it doesn't tell us if Item buff + orb buff + skill buff works without going through a similar process. At least for things like direct ATK or defense it is easier to see the change, unlike +rate BC/HC generation/+crit rate/variable increase to spark damage.

Draxal

The amazon exploit was creating multiple amazon ids and downloading all the free apps that gave coins and feeding into one bf account.

Lan_97

Gumi gets paid for any coins spent on their app, so unless 1. they are working directly with Amazon or 2. Amazon is systematically revoking coins and general coin purchases from duplicate accounts, it's ridiculous that Gumi is even taking action against Amazon coin 'abusers.'

Phades

That is a pretty straight forward fight. No status effects or anything. Just have your team maxed out and ready to evolve, bring ore/stones as appropriate, cure potions, divine light, ressurect. Nothing special about it really aside from just raw damage.

JigsawX

Is there a reason everyone mentions Felneus? I have a Bahamut that can go to Duelmex (I'm assuming it's out in U.S.). I'm seeing the BB skill is different, I'm guessing that's the key point?

Is there a reason everyone mentions Felneus? I have a Bahamut that can go to Duelmex (I'm assuming it's out in U.S.). I'm seeing the BB skill is different, I'm guessing that's the key point?

It's not the BB so much as the SBB of Felneus that makes him so powerful (specifically the part about increasing the drop rate of BC)

satori

It's not the BB so much as the SBB of Felneus that makes him so powerful (specifically the part about increasing the drop rate of BC)

Yeah the SBB is fantastic. Just a few days ago I was struggling to get past stage 3 of End. I was running a team of around level 50s though so that played a huge part in my shortcomings. Fast forward a few Metal Parade runs and getting my Felneus with a SBB of lvl 6 and leveling my team as follows:

lvl 78 kikuri
lvl 72 Sefia
lvl 61 Felneus
lvl 69 Sefin
lvl 61 Sefin

I was able to hit 1 million points. Thankfully I ran into Vargas at stage 4 and the starters at stage 5.

I am now hunting for dark pots, and I get nothing but earth pots....

atlantos

Neo Member
That is a pretty straight forward fight. No status effects or anything. Just have your team maxed out and ready to evolve, bring ore/stones as appropriate, cure potions, divine light, ressurect. Nothing special about it really aside from just raw damage.

Is it better to have single colour team or rainbow team? What kind of ore/stones would you recommand? I have max level 4 stars and 5 stars heroes... I can't evolve 4* because of totems and pots.. so frustrating.

Is it better to have single colour team or rainbow team? What kind of ore/stones would you recommand? I have max level 4 stars and 5 stars heroes... I can't evolve 4* because of totems and pots.. so frustrating.

Probably single color since a single ore/seal wi benefit everyone. Although you can do it with a rainbow team if strong enough.

If you're willing to use a gem, miracle totem is a great time, since it's a guaranteed drop

JigsawX

Thanks so much!

I have 3 Aishas, 1 Breaker, 1 Anima, 1 Guardian,
The Guardian is already a 4-star and halfway, should I keep focusing on her or level the other ones?

For blue I have 2 Elimos, one is breaker and is halfway to 60, I rolled an Anima one last night, I should probably be focusing on that I'm guessing.

For Dark I have 3 logan types, Breaker / Lord / Anima, which one should I use?

Those are for types
My current leader is a 5-star Zelban. I plan to transition over to Logan for my rainbow team this coming thursday once I get the totems

List of Fire Units
Agni (Lord), Lava (Breaker), Lancia (Oracle), Vishra (Guardian) Professor Lorand (Oracle), Phoenix (Lord)

List of Blue Units
Loch Ness (Guardian), War Captain Mega (Lord), Dean (Anima)

List of Lighting Units (Prob be the first mono I max for Karl)
Thunder King Eze(Breaker), Shock Bow Loch (Guardian), Bolt Knight Amy (Oracle), Shock Mage Rashil (Breaker) Weiss (Guardian / Oracle) Falma (Oracle), Emilia (Breaker) Tinkerer Elulu (Oracle)

List of Earth Units
Great Tree Alneu (Oracle), Edea (Anima), Twins (Breaker / Lord, Pugilist Dilma (Lord)

List of Light
Legionary Melchio (Lord) Holy Knight Will (Oracle, Cowboy Heidt (Breaker), Bahamut (Oracle)

List of Dark Units
Alice (Lord) Lemia (Lord 58), Duel-GX (Breaker)

Phades

Thanks so much!

The Guardian is already a 4-star and halfway, should I keep focusing on her or level the other ones?
Aisha is an offensive unit, so having her being a Guardian seems somewhat counter productive. Aisha has a lot of REC score, so going anima for more HP is probably going to be optimal.

For blue I have 2 Elimos, one is breaker and is halfway to 60, I rolled an Anima one last night, I should probably be focusing on that I'm guessing.
Yep, pretty much. Guardian or Anima tend to be better for healers, since you want them to survive and in really hard fights, you are just going to guard with them anyhow.

Either Breaker or Anima probably. With breaker he still has a respectable defense score of 1353. If his BB is based off a percentage of total damage inflicted, then his REC score isn't as important and total HP or total damage potential (natural ATK of over 1900? damn...). You could probably have a team of just this guy and wreck stuff. Hit count isn't high, so crystal generation and sparks won't be like kikuri, but this guy just seems rediculous. Put like dilma in lead, 3 logans, and a good healer (might not even need it) and just steamroll.

It seems like you have a lot of good pulls.

I really still have no real idea what I'm doing but I've unlocked the third area (world map) and just working my way through. I'm sure I'm missing things like optimal ways to fuse my characters but I seem to still be able to progress just bumbling around.

Phades

I really still have no real idea what I'm doing but I've unlocked the third area (world map) and just working my way through. I'm sure I'm missing things like optimal ways to fuse my characters but I seem to still be able to progress just bumbling around.

I think it is hard to do something "wrong". You just have to work with what you have.

Generally speaking, same elements yield more exp on fusion. Same BB type give a chance to leveling it up. So matching element and BB type is optimal, but for a lot of units it just isn't going to happen. As long as you aren't getting stuck and burning a bunch of gems trying to clear the quests, you are doing fine.

JigsawX

Aisha is an offensive unit, so having her being a Guardian seems somewhat counter productive. Aisha has a lot of REC score, so going anima for more HP is probably going to be optimal.

Yep, pretty much. Guardian or Anima tend to be better for healers, since you want them to survive and in really hard fights, you are just going to guard with them anyhow.

Either Breaker or Anima probably. With breaker he still has a respectable defense score of 1353. If his BB is based off a percentage of total damage inflicted, then his REC score isn't as important and total HP or total damage potential (natural ATK of over 1900? damn...). You could probably have a team of just this guy and wreck stuff. Hit count isn't high, so crystal generation and sparks won't be like kikuri, but this guy just seems rediculous. Put like dilma in lead, 3 logans, and a good healer (might not even need it) and just steamroll.

It seems like you have a lot of good pulls.

Thanks for the advice! Any suggestion on which units to pool my experience toward? Particularly Earth / Light units?

Generally speaking, same elements yield more exp on fusion. Same BB type give a chance to leveling it up. So matching element and BB type is optimal, but for a lot of units it just isn't going to happen. As long as you aren't getting stuck and burning a bunch of gems trying to clear the quests, you are doing fine.

What I figured, thanks ... I got lucky on my pulls, my first one was World Tree Alto and yesterday I pulled War Demon Vishra.

Draxal

Thanks so much!

Those are for types
My current leader is a 5-star Zelban. I plan to transition over to Logan for my rainbow team this coming thursday once I get the totems

List of Fire Units
Agni (Lord), Lava (Breaker), Lancia (Oracle), Vishra (Guardian) Professor Lorand (Oracle), Phoenix (Lord)

List of Blue Units

Thunder King Eze(Breaker), Shock Bow Loch (Guardian), Bolt Knight Amy (Oracle), Shock Mage Rashil (Breaker) Weiss (Guardian / Oracle) Falma (Oracle), Emilia (Breaker) Tinkerer Elulu (Oracle)

List of Earth Units
Great Tree Alneu (Oracle), Edea (Anima), Twins (Breaker / Lord, Pugilist Dilma (Lord)

List of Light
Legionary Melchio (Lord) Holy Knight Will (Oracle, Cowboy Heidt (Breaker), Bahamut (Oracle)

List of Dark Units

Elimo (Anima) is the best healer in the game, Loch Ness is the best Unit Leader right now (his six star is great). Duel-GX becomes very very good with his six star but it's a while away. I'd level up the twins (either one), and I don't like your light units that much, but Oracle Bahamut is the one I'd level up first.

Thanks so much!

Those are for types

List of Fire Units

List of Blue Units

List of Earth Units

List of Light

List of Dark Units

My suggestions:
Aisha: Guardian and Breaker are both good, but I would fuse away the Anima personally. Too low REC
Elimo: Anima is definitely an order of magnitude better than Breaker, it's probably his best type. Fuse the breaker into the Anima to level up BB
Logan: Tough call here, I think either breaker or Anima is best, but it's hard to decide.

Agni: Fuse away
Lava: Fuse away
Lancia: 6/10
Vishra: 6/10
Lorand: Fuse away
Phoenix: Fuse away (Lancia is same element and better, no reason to have 2 fire healers)
Loch Ness: 7/10 until you get his 6* form and unlock his SBB, then 10/10
Mega: 7/10
Dean: 7/10
Eze: Probably the second worst type IMO, only one worse is Anima. Still, he's better than nothing.
Loch: 6/10
Amy: 8/10
Rashil: 10/10
Weiss: Fuse away
Falma: Fuse away
Emilia: Fuse away
Elulu: Fuse away
Alneu: 9/10, equal to Elimo IMO, but used in different situations
Edea: 7/10
Twins: 8/10, Lord > Breaker
Dilma: 6/10
Melchio: Fuse away
Will: Fuse away
Heidt: Fuse away
Bahamut: 7/10
Alice: 6/10
Lemia: 6/10
Duel-GX: 7/10

JigsawX

Elimo (Anima) is the best healer in the game, Loch Ness is the best Unit Leader right now (his six star is great). Duel-GX becomes very very good with his six star but it's a while away. I'd level up the twins (either one), and I don't like your light units that much, but Oracle Bahamut is the one I'd level up first.

I just rolled a little more and got Aem, Is he better to invest the light exp into?

I just rolled a little more and got Aem, Is he better to invest the light exp into?

The best light units right now are Atro, Sefia, and maybe Lilith to a lesser extent. Anything else is not worth it IMO, especially considering the good light units that are coming in future patches. Aem is better than Will, but neither is particualrly good. I actually have both, but they're sitting at level 1 because I don't want to waste any exp on them until they get their 6* forms, so instead I've been fusing my light exp into different-colored monsters.

Draxal

My suggestions:
Aisha: Guardian and Breaker are both good, but I would fuse away the Anima personally. Too low REC
Elimo: Anima is definitely an order of magnitude better than Breaker, it's probably his best type. Fuse the breaker into the Anima to level up BB
Logan: Tough call here, I think either breaker or Anima is best, but it's hard to decide.

Aisha's anima has more than enough rec, it's her best type. Logan's a weird one as rec does his effect his bb (its half of the damage of the bb + rec bonus); I think Lord might be the best for now, but Anima would probably better with the six star. It's worth keeping multiples of him though, as the more the merrier for GRA/Graham whatever he's called.

Top Bottom