• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

JigsawX

My suggestions:
Aisha: Guardian and Breaker are both good, but I would fuse away the Anima personally. Too low REC
Elimo: Anima is definitely an order of magnitude better than Breaker, it's probably his best type. Fuse the breaker into the Anima to level up BB
Logan: Tough call here, I think either breaker or Anima is best, but it's hard to decide.

Agni: Fuse away
Lava: Fuse away
Lancia: 6/10
Vishra: 6/10
Lorand: Fuse away
Phoenix: Fuse away (Lancia is same element and better, no reason to have 2 fire healers)
Loch Ness: 7/10 until you get his 6* form and unlock his SBB, then 10/10
Mega: 7/10
Dean: 7/10
Eze: Probably the second worst type IMO, only one worse is Anima. Still, he's better than nothing.
Loch: 6/10
Amy: 8/10
Rashil: 10/10
Weiss: Fuse away
Falma: Fuse away
Emilia: Fuse away
Elulu: Fuse away
Alneu: 9/10, equal to Elimo IMO, but used in different situations
Edea: 7/10
Twins: 8/10, Lord > Breaker
Dilma: 6/10
Melchio: Fuse away
Will: Fuse away
Heidt: Fuse away
Bahamut: 7/10
Alice: 6/10
Lemia: 6/10
Duel-GX: 7/10

Aw I'm sad to hear that Breaker is the worst typing for Eze, Should I not pour my lighting exp into him then? I have quite a few kings saved up to boost him from 4-star (max) to probably (5 star max) if I get the lighting totem tomorrow

Phades

As a developer, this is a terrible message.

BoLXn1bIIAAwmAb.png:large

At least upon evolving it, the game doesn't close for an update for an added layer of giggles.

Aw I'm sad to hear that Breaker is the worst typing for Eze, Should I not pour my lighting exp into him then? I have quite a few kings saved up to boost him from 4-star (max) to probably (5 star max) if I get the lighting totem tomorrow

I would put them into your other lightning units first. Notably Rashil and Amy, those are two of the best units for the Karl fight. Eze is a great unit for Karl also, but I would only put him over Amy if he were Oracle, Lord, or Guardian. Eze's big weakness is his low REC (which is why Anima is his worst type) and Oracle is his best type (IMO). Breaker not only doesn't help his REC, but it also reduces his DEF, so you'll need more healing, which your low REC won't provide you.

After you level Amy and Rashil, maybe you'll have a better typing of Eze by then, and you'll need to get both of those up for the Karl fight anyway, so I would do them first.

Aisha's anima has more than enough rec, it's her best type. Logan's a weird one as rec does his effect his bb (its half of the damage of the bb + rec bonus); I think Lord might be the best for now, but Anima would probably better with the six star. It's worth keeping multiples of him though, as the more the merrier for GRA/Graham whatever he's called.

I double checked and you're right, I'm not sure what unit I was looking at when I said Aisha's REC is too low. Maybe I had her 4* page open.

Phades

Between FH rewards, "reinbursement", arena rank, and weekly dungeon completion I managed to scrape together 15 gems for 3 pulls.

I got an Elulu, Rashil, and a 2&mina. I was genuinly surprised that I actually pulled something I was hoping to get being Rashil. The 2&mina was a nice bonus. Elulu isn't as useful, but she lets me get rid of a zeln I had as she outclasses him in everything except number of hits. If I can actually capture the maiden this week, I'll finally have some sembelence of a lightning team that isn't a complete joke.

The hunt for Elimo continues though...

... did brave frontier fall and can't get up?

Eh? It is working fine for me. Did you get a network key authentication error or something?

Between FH rewards, "reinbursement", arena rank, and weekly dungeon completion I managed to scrape together 15 gems for 3 pulls.

I got an Elulu, Rashil, and a 2&mina. I was genuinly surprised that I actually pulled something I was hoping to get being Rashil. The 2&mina was a nice bonus. Elulu isn't as useful, but she lets me get rid of a zeln I had as she outclasses him in everything except number of hits. If I can actually capture the maiden this week, I'll finally have some sembelence of a lightning team that isn't a complete joke.

The hunt for Elimo continues though...

Eh? It is working fine for me. Did you get a network key authentication error or something?

Fun fact: It's actually IL&Mina, not Roman Numeral 2&Mina. It's just that the lowercase L looks exactly like the uppercase I. It's possible you already know this, but I was genuinely shocked to learn this 2 weeks ago.

Phades

Fun fact: It's actually IL&Mina, not Roman Numeral 2&Mina. It's just that the lowercase L looks exactly like the uppercase I. It's possible you already know this, but I was genuinely shocked to learn this 2 weeks ago.

You know, I don't think I paid close enough attention to catch that at all. ><;

Hopefully the twins' data bits weren't offended by my reference.

Im really starting to lose my patience with the bugginess of the app :-/

The impatience is probably made worse by the fact that i just picked up Hearthstone. Its nice to spend 100% of my time actually playing the game, as opposed to dealing with crashes and network errors a few times an hour.

i can't redeem my gifts because of invalid something. game really is garbage infrastructure wise

Invalid gift usually means you are trying to take something you have no room for.

Like trying to take a Jewel Key when you already have 5, trying to take Honor when it would put your over 10K, trying to take an item or unit when you are already capped on items or units.

I now find myself in that spot of eyeballing the amount of time left vs. my rank in FH and trying to decide if I need to run again or not to maintain my current FH rank bonus.

I don't know what I'd change, but after a while running it gets so boring.

I must say I really kind of long for the original FH. Yes, getting points blew on that version, but this whole "run it dozens of times when you already have all prizes" is annoying, and at least the original version always had the same waves.

I now find myself in that spot of eyeballing the amount of time left vs. my rank in FH and trying to decide if I need to run again or not to maintain my current FH rank bonus.

I must say I really kind of long for the original FH. Yes, getting points blew on that version, but this whole "run it dozens of times when you already have all prizes" is annoying, and at least the original version always had the same waves.

Yea same here. I'm back down to rank 1700 right now, but last night it went up 600 overnight. I suspect that this will accelerate as it gets closer to end and people start gemming. I'd like to stay in top 3000, but at the same time I'm not sure I care enough anymore to deal with the crashes and forgetting to turn off video recording (again) making my run take 30 minutes instead of 10 minutes.

Draxal

I think I'm going to go for 1 or 2 for this fh. Not going to let it burn me out of the game.

When is FH ending? I haven't run it as much this time, so I'll be content to be in the top 20k.

In less than 12 hours if I remember correctly. Sometime tonight.

Edit: Sigh, not till tomorrow night actually.

I wish the rankings worked. You can't see any of the rankings except your friend ranking. There's all these other tabs that are supposed to show global rankings and MVP rankings, but as usual, nothing fucking works.

Phades

Yea same here. I'm back down to rank 1700 right now, but last night it went up 600 overnight. I suspect that this will accelerate as it gets closer to end and people start gemming. I'd like to stay in top 3000, but at the same time I'm not sure I care enough anymore to deal with the crashes and forgetting to turn off video recording (again) making my run take 30 minutes instead of 10 minutes.

I think folks gemed a lot initially this time around due to the "reinbursement" gems and the increased amount of gems that could be acquired this time around. The last 2 FH offerings I was under 10k rank wise. This time around, I'm having a hard time staying under 30k rank, yet I'm doing better in the dungons than I was before. I'm starting to get down to the low 20k range, but I don't think sub 10k is viable at all. When the event first started out this time around, I was around 2000-3000 in rank and I only managed to run it 4 times clearing end once and no high end prizes for mid or end. 2 days later, I was in the 30k range wondering WTF just happened, since I was going in there as fast as the orbs would allow.

I think folks gemed a lot initially this time around due to the "reinbursement" gems and the increased amount of gems that could be acquired this time around. The last 2 FH offerings I was under 10k rank wise. This time around, I'm having a hard time staying under 30k rank, yet I'm doing better in the dungons than I was before. I'm starting to get down to the low 20k range, but I don't think sub 10k is viable at all. When the event first started out this time around, I was around 2000-3000 in rank and I only managed to run it 4 times clearing end once and no high end prizes for mid or end. 2 days later, I was in the 30k range wondering WTF just happened, since I was going in there as fast as the orbs would allow.

I think it's just the average scores people are getting. My rank has been between 1000 and 3000 the entire time, and only used 2 gems very early on, and even then only because I was close to getting the high rewards and wanted to finish them off. But my lowest runs are like 700k, and that's pretty rare, with 800-900k being the most common, and 1m being the other end of rarity. So if you're usually getting 300-500k then that definitely explains it.

Shouta

Do you need to do anything crazy to actually use the coins?

Nope. Just have to install the Amazon version of Brave Frontier to get the option to do so, it seems. I just hope they don't do something to my Amazon account. Don't mind my BF one getting hit. =P

Crazy part is they give you HALF of the purchase back in coins again. So I started with like 2250 points giving me 24ish coins it kept giving me enough back to make more purchases until I was near zero.

Thanks!

Also, it looks like my friends requests shot up by a lot today. Is it any of you guys? I'll clear space for GAFfers, but everyone else just gets to wait.

Phades

I think it's just the average scores people are getting. My rank has been between 1000 and 3000 the entire time, and only used 2 gems very early on, and even then only because I was close to getting the high rewards and wanted to finish them off. But my lowest runs are like 700k, and that's pretty rare, with 800-900k being the most common, and 1m being the other end of rarity. So if you're usually getting 300-500k then that definitely explains it.

The total accumulated score has to be weighted though, since the more I run it, the better my rank gets (I dropped about 8k rank today and didn't do anything special). If it was averaged scores only, it wouldn't explain why I'm getting higher scores now, but nearly doing 3x worse than I was before.

Shouta

Oh damn, for some reason the game didn't save my Gems from when I purchased them on the Amazon version of the app. It must be because I didn't do somethign that communicated with the server. Trying the Amazon version again to see if they're still there.

If I don't get them, oh well. It was free anyway. =P

Pbae

Nope. Just have to install the Amazon version of Brave Frontier to get the option to do so, it seems. I just hope they don't do something to my Amazon account. Don't mind my BF one getting hit. =P

Crazy part is they give you HALF of the purchase back in coins again. So I started with like 2250 points giving me 24ish coins it kept giving me enough back to make more purchases until I was near zero.

really? they give you half back? do you know if your current gems get transferred over do I need to spend them now before downloading the amazon version?

Shouta

really? they give you half back? do you know if your current gems get transferred over do I need to spend them now before downloading the amazon version?

Checking to see if it shows up in my Amazon version because it didn't show in my GP version when I switched back.

OK, Gems were in my Amazon version but not my GP version. So I guess I have to spend before swapping back?

Draxal

Checking to see if it shows up in my Amazon version because it didn't show in my GP version when I switched back.

OK, Gems were in my Amazon version but not my GP version. So I guess I have to spend before swapping back?

They're different gems for different versions. I just keep the amazon one installed now.

Pbae

Used the saved up gems I had and got two Cyborg Liliths, a Rickel, and Polar Tiara something.

I hope those are good!

Can't wait to use this Amazon Space Coins!!!

Shouta

So of the 10 pulls I did.

I got:

Anime Captain Mega (3-star)
Guardian Elimo (3-star)
Anima Royal Elimo (4-star)
Breaker Hail Bot Reeze (4-Star)
Guardian Hail Bot Reeze (4-Star)
Lord Bolt Pike Amy (3-Star)
Guardian Shock Mage Rashil (4-Star)
Breaker Shock Mage Rashil (4-Star)
Breaker Vampire (3-Star)
Guardian Shida (3-Star)

Already have a Anima 5-Star Elimo so I can probably just use the two I have for BB levels.

As I have a Lightning and Water team, I'll probably use my Breaker Reeze and Rashil as well. Amy will improve my Lightning team too. Captain Mega might be able to replace my Sergio as Reeze was going to replace my Stya

Draxal

So of the 10 pulls I did.

I got:

Anime Captain Mega (3-star)
Guardian Elimo (3-star)
Anima Royal Elimo (4-star)
Breaker Hail Bot Reeze (4-Star)
Guardian Hail Bot Reeze (4-Star)
Lord Bolt Pike Amy (3-Star)
Guardian Shock Mage Rashil (4-Star)
Breaker Shock Mage Rashil (4-Star)
Breaker Vampire (3-Star)
Guardian Shida (3-Star)

Already have a Anima 5-Star Elimo so I can probably just use the two I have for BB levels.

As I have a Lightning and Water team, I'll probably use my Breaker Reeze and Rashil as well. Amy will improve my Lightning team too. Captain Mega might be able to replace my Sergio as Reeze was going to replace my Stya

Think Guardian Reese is going to be better than Breaker Reeze, she's on the glass cannon side. It's still funny how Serin completely destroys all premium water units (except for Felneus).

Phades

Think Guardian Reese is going to be better than Breaker Reeze, she's on the glass cannon side. It's still funny how Serin completely destroys all premium water units (except for Felneus).

They aren't going to do another rotation for the maidens are they?

Draxal

They aren't going to do another rotation for the maidens are they?

If they do its going be 4-6 months away. It will either be Goddesses or the Units from the Square collab (they said it's a possibity doubtful but still possible) then the Stya group again. There's also the legend of the starter dungeons that they can rotate through as well.

The total accumulated score has to be weighted though, since the more I run it, the better my rank gets (I dropped about 8k rank today and didn't do anything special). If it was averaged scores only, it wouldn't explain why I'm getting higher scores now, but nearly doing 3x worse than I was before.

Well we don't know how much others are gemming. FWIW the amount of points I rack up in a single run are always very close to each other, and at the end the amount of points that gets added to my total score has also always been very similar to on previous runs, even those runs very early on. So I'm not convinced it's weighted. Could just be that with FH getting closer to the end, the competition is picking up with people gemming more. Either to get a higher rank, or because they just want to keep trying to get the top tier rewards before time runs out.

Shouta

I've got a Serin already and she is staying lol. I've got a 6 star water starter and 5 star elimo leaving with two spots to use at the moment with breaker Sergio and an anima stay there.

Pbae

Damn, I feel so dumb =[

Bought with Amazon Coins I got for free and thought the earned credit was refunded instantly. I was wrong and didn't optimize my gem payout.

Wait a bit before purchasing more gems with coins.

Draxal

hmmm havne't bothered playing this much now that love live is in eng lol. Just pretty much logging in for daily rewards :/

I'm not playing as much as well (I playved school idol enjoy but this is going to be my primary PAD clone game).

1. leveling is a complete chore right now with six stars (starters don't count because they're super easy to level) without crystal gods and super metal parades.
2. FH is increidbly annoying this time around.
3. And I'm just avoiding burnout after the Serin farming.

I'm not playing as much as well (I playved school idol enjoy but this is going to be my primary PAD clone game).

1. leveling is a complete chore right now with six stars (starters don't count because they're super easy to level) without crystal gods and super metal parades.

For some reason the levelling doesn't bother me. Especially now with auto battle, I can just gem MP the whole time and play a different game on my ipad while running. But if you're not spending gems on MP, then yea levelling up I imagine is horrible.

I think that's the worst one this go-round. I still very much enjoy the game, but I feel burnt out on FH already. I would be okay with a longer break before the next FH season.

Credo

So what's the deal with this Amazon app trick? I need to spend all my gems in the Google Play version that I'm using now, delete that version, install the Amazon version, and then start downloading the free apps?

Pbae

So what's the deal with this Amazon app trick? I need to spend all my gems in the Google Play version that I'm using now, delete that version, install the Amazon version, and then start downloading the free apps?

Spend all gems and uninstall Brave Frontier

Download Amazon App Store APK and install (You need to go into settings and allow for installation of unknown sources)

Install Amazon App Store version of Brave Frontier

Use your free Amazon Coins.

Top Bottom