• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Sigh I was busy today and wasn't able to log in for my daily bonus... Looks like I'm about to be reset to day one. I doubt the servers will be up
By 1am PST...

Credo

I can't even play the game anymore. It was down forever yesterday, and this morning, I get in 3 arena fights and it drops out because of connection errors. And it's been doing that for 30 minutes. So I guess no BF for me for a while.

Looks to be back up for me. I was able to get my daily login bonus.

I also look forward to Squirty's Soul Stone. At least they let Burny off the hook this time.

Phades

Squirty gonna kick my butt if they do something like they did last time around. ><;

Burny is managable, but Squirty? ughn.

Kreed

Looks to be back up for me. I was able to get my daily login bonus.

I actually logged in and got my daily login bonus, but the game crashed after I clicked on the middle box (got two revives). Then when I restarted the game showed the daily login bonus again, and this time I tried to click on the box where the gem was revealed previously but I still got two revives (gem moved to the box I had clicked before).

I actually logged in and got my daily login bonus, but the game crashed after I clicked on the middle box (got two revives). Then when I restarted the game showed the daily login bonus again, and this time I tried to click on the box where the gem was revealed previously but I still got two revives (gem moved to the box I had clicked before).
Yeah, your daily login bonus seems to be predetermined at login. The box you pick doesn't matter.

Credo

My game just had a "go home, Brave Frontier, you're drunk" moment. I went into Arena to start a battle and the opponent's data was:

User Name
Lv. 79
Dragoon
Arena Record
W: 0 L: 0

=\

Draxal

My game just had a "go home, Brave Frontier, you're drunk" moment. I went into Arena to start a battle and the opponent's data was:

User Name
Lv. 79
Dragoon
Arena Record
W: 0 L: 0

=\

Nah, it's just a guy who hasn't played (arena) in a while.

atlantos

Neo Member
It is the game's subtle way of telling you that you account is already too strong. /s

This was basically me last week with pots though. :(

Just like in a Arena where you are ahead - triggered all your BB then non of your character use it to beat the opponent... so frustrating... Oh well, it is only a game... it doesnt' want you to become too strong too fast.

I can't even use the excuse that it knows the units I'm using this time. I'm using a Dark party, trying to get Water Idols. I got every type of idol except Water.

blackflag

I didn't get either compensation key... I got the first one and tried to use it and got error "insufficient dungeon keys" and then it disappeared and then I could never accept the other one from my box. Later game made me load some data and afterward, key was gone. That's some buggy shit right there.

MicH

I have 5 metal and 5 jewel keys already. I need to start using these :p So many of my monsters are maxed out and I need those precious materials first! With just four totems I can evolve four of them; God Phoenix (fire totem), Edea (earth totem), Garroter Shida (dark totem) and Magress (dark totem). Good luck getting a dark totem though :/

blackflag

I have 5 metal and 5 jewel keys already. I need to start using these :p So many of my monsters are maxed out and I need those precious materials first! With just four totems I can evolve four of them; God Phoenix (fire totem), Edea (earth totem), Garroter Shida (dark totem) and Magress (dark totem). Good luck getting a dark totem though :/

If you can do rainbow totem, chances are pretty high for a dark. That's how I get mine.

Draxal

The goddesses are going to be the next vortex limited dungeon.

They're a significant jump in difficulty over the maidens, and their drop rate is abyssmal.

Phades

Lol something beats a premium dark team? Has that happened before? lol

It is good that they are more interesting than brute force.

VP tournament up and running, and I guess it's just not for me.

I woke up at 7700th in my bracket, only top 1000 get rewards, and only top 3 gets rewards that I really care about (Metal Gods and Burst frogs are nice but can be replicated other ways).

So I go run a Totem mission and nope, no VP for those.

Yep, not going to bother.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not bothering either. Some folks in my group already over 6000 points. I did a miracle totem run, saw I got 0 VP for it, and knew this tournament was a huge waste of time. The prizes are totally not worth gemming for (not that I gem like that). Great concept (i.e., a tournament), stupid execution (e.g., gem spamfest, some quests don't give vp, etc).

Draxal

Not bothering either. Some folks in my group already over 6000 points. I did a miracle totem run, saw I got 0 VP for it, and knew this tournament was a huge waste of time. The prizes are totally not worth gemming for (not that I gem like that). Great concept (i.e., a tournament), stupid execution (e.g., gem spamfest, some quests don't give vp, etc).

That and gumi's qa is god awful and crashes the game nonstop.

Lan_97

No VP from maiden vortex. Since my luck with the light maiden has been awful (no drops on lv3 yet), I probably won't bother with this tournament and continue to run maiden lv3.

On the brighter side, I finally evolved my 5th Serin to 5*. 3/5 maxed. No gems used.

Draxal

No VP from maiden vortex. Since my luck with the light maiden has been awful (no drops on lv3 yet), I probably won't bother with this tournament and continue to run maiden lv3.

On the brighter side, I finally evolved my 5th Serin to 5*. 3/5 maxed. No gems used.

Yeah, I was kinda pissed at that. Since I actually haven't cleared a good amount of the dungeons (I always use my energy doing vortex dungeons). I'm just clearing out Cordelica with auto battle, and the dungeons give enough gems to refill my energy to make it a net gain.

I just want the Divine stone out of this, as I was too lazy to get it out of fh.

Phades

I'm guessing that the victory points only come from Arena and regular quests. It would have been nice to actually explain how that works exactly.

I'm similarly around 7000 in rank with folks having nearly 10k points at the top. If they are going to split people up like this, they might possibly consider time zones as a factor as well. I don't see how it would be reasonable to assume people being awake 24 hours a day for something like this.

Kreed

I'm guessing that the victory points only come from Arena and regular quests. It would have been nice to actually explain how that works exactly.

I'm similarly around 7000 in rank with folks having nearly 10k points at the top. If they are going to split people up like this, they might possibly consider time zones as a factor as well. I don't see how it would be reasonable to assume people being awake 24 hours a day for something like this.

Plus you're going to have to compete against players using gems to refill stamina. It's nice to see Global doing these exclusives, but I think I prefer exclusive Vortex dungeons over a contest of who has the most energy, time and money/gems to spend.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah, this VP thing is all kinds of stupid.

I'm not gonna spend 100's of real money to get a couple spheres and burst frogs. My bracket has guys over 7500.. and yeah.. I ran a miracle totem run as I needed one.. and no VP.

I'm level 73.. so 50 energy eats up all but 19 points. I'm not wasting energy on stupid crap on a totem day to try to compete against whales.

And it's funny as they were spouting off about getting people to level 15 to compete.. like you'd have ANY chance to compete at level 15... the cost to gem to the top would pretty much triple.

BTW, Arena battles give shit for VP... one gave me 54.. one 26 and the last 52.

At least FH gave rewards just for playing.

3 out of what 10k people get something worth a shit.. and even then they will spend 100's of dollars probably get those rankings.

I wonder if they have dummy accounts where they just give the accounts high scores even though there's no people behind them, just to make other people want to compete more. That would be so evil and hilarious.

Phades

I wonder if they have dummy accounts where they just give the accounts high scores even though there's no people behind them, just to make other people want to compete more. That would be so evil and hilarious.

Seed about 50-100 dummies across each of the brackets and then "ban" them after the event. Seems legit.

I desperately need to hunt for light totems today. So my stamina is precious. I was hoping I could knock out two birds with one stone and earn a little VP. It's so lame how there is no credit for totem dungeons in this tournament. Will definitely pass. It's a money sink.

Phades

I just think it is funny how overpowered some of those items sound. Effectively give a medulla gem the drain spear effect and think everything is ok? Give a demon rifle the drain spear effect?

I mean clearly they got folks hooked on the idea already and are making bank off of it, but that doesn't seem healthy for the game as a whole in terms of content and balance.

satori

The person in my group is at 18k victory points. And 2 people under him or her is at 15k. Yeah screw that lol. There is no way I can/want to compete against that. I might shoot for top 1k, but top 10? Yeah thanks but no thanks.

Draxal

I just think it is funny how overpowered some of those items sound. Effectively give a medulla gem the drain spear effect and think everything is ok? Give a demon rifle the drain spear effect?

I mean clearly they got folks hooked on the idea already and are making bank off of it, but that doesn't seem healthy for the game as a whole in terms of content and balance.

There's a new sphere frog upcoming in Japan. Use it on a unit, and it can now equip two spheres.

The q and a with Alim (gumi is their sub that does the global release) in Japan was pretty funny, pretty much complaining about the global maiden units (they want Serin).

Phades

Wait, they what? That's comedy in the instance of serin envy. The sphere frog thing though, that's just dumb and just raises even more questions about stacking.

That kind of power creep wouldn't do anything good for the game given the setup.

But then again, they could just hand them out like this event to the highest bidders... ><;

Top Bottom