• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Ferga

I get a lot of zel from frontier hunter, daily prize and i usually get around 400-500k per jewel key from my energy

No gems

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
What level are you?

I can run 5 now without a gem.. but they aren't handing out those keys that often.

I hardly ever hit the Zel daily... wish I would.. as I'm always running low.

Lomax

ehhh 60 gems isn't really indicative if rates are high or low.

I spent about 200 gems and got a lebra in the first pull. Got a 2nd around 4th pull and like 3 golems between the 5th-15th pulls. It took me forever to get kushra but in the mean time I got like 5-6 golems and 3-4 lebras

Same with my friends except with kushra.

Yeah, and this is exactly why I'll never spend any real money on this game or the like (I did use some amazon coins I had for free but not many). I see all sorts of cool units I'd like to have, but the chances of pulling them from the machine are so slim it's just a waste. If they had options to spend more gems and get a specific unit, or at least a machine that had a more narrow range of units (say a machine for each element), it would be much more tempting. But as it is, I'll leave my gambling to drop rates and not to spent money.

Kreed

What level are you?

I can run 5 now without a gem.. but they aren't handing out those keys that often.

I usually run the Zel dungeon on the weekends if I'm broke, but if I'm close to leveling and need cash I use a Jewel Key (or if I have 5 jewel keys and they give out a 6th). I wait for my exp to be high enough so that I can use all my energy in jewel runs, level up, and then run it again (including the waiting on the level screen trick when I'm out of energy).

The Amazon coin trick (5 free apps + GTA: SA) from earlier in the thread was definitely helpful too. Now I have so much space I can save evo/leveling materials without having to fuse anything due to running out of space during the week when I'm broke.

oracrest

I am wondering how often your town resources replenish. Every few hours?

Also, are there any tricks to fusing to get the best results? Do same colors give more exp? And things like that?

I am wondering how often your town resources replenish. Every few hours?

Also, are there any tricks to fusing to get the best results? Do same colors give more exp? And things like that?

Town resources replenish when you level them or every 3 hours.

Same element does give more XP during fusing.

Same type of Brave Burst has chance of leveling BB (Attack, Buff, Heal being the 3 types).

blackflag

I don't think there's any way I can get Vanilla unless I'm super lucky. I have at most energy enough for 2 tries. Not gonna gem for it.

I've done it at least 20 times on level 3 and no drop

Hung Wei Lo

I don't think there's any way I can get Vanilla unless I'm super lucky. I have at most energy enough for 2 tries. Not gonna gem for it.

I've done it at least 20 times on level 3 and no drop

I feel your pain ...I sacrificed an level up/metal parade run to try to get her. I guess I wasn't meant to have any good/decent Light, Dark and Thunder units :(

blackflag

I feel your pain ...I sacrificed an level up/metal parade run to try to get her. I guess I wasn't meant to have any good/decent Light, Dark and Thunder units :(

yeah I really wanted to use my key today but I'll save it and do it tomorrow. Gotta try this as many times as I still can. I just want one

atlantos

Neo Member
Town resources replenish when you level them or every 3 hours.

Same element does give more XP during fusing.

Same type of Brave Burst has chance of leveling BB (Attack, Buff, Heal being the 3 types).

If you have the same unit, there's almost a 100% chance that you will level your BB when you fuse... but it has to be the same evolution level...

What level are you?

You probably know the trick already... each metal and jewel run give you 1000 experience point and they are open for 1 hr only ... If you have say 44 stamina, and you are just under 3000 points away from the next level up, then wait until all your stamina filled up... use the key then.. that will give you 3 run with 10 mins wait time... then you level up and give you another 3 more run.. That's how I gone from 10,000 zel to 900,000 zel in one jewel run... I have just over 60 stamina..

If you have the same unit, there's almost a 100% chance that you will level your BB when you fuse... but it has to be the same evolution level...

Actually it doesn't have to be the same evolution. It's possible that higher evolution levels increase the chance even more, but even different evolution levels offer a drastically higher chance than fusing a random mob. So, for example, you've got a 3* May, and you fuse a 1* May into her. The chances of this leading to a BB skillup are still extremely high. I levelled my May from 1-10 with probably a 90% skillup rate using only level 1 May fodder.

atlantos

Neo Member
Actually it doesn't have to be the same evolution. It's possible that higher evolution levels increase the chance even more, but even different evolution levels offer a drastically higher chance than fusing a random mob. So, for example, you've got a 3* May, and you fuse a 1* May into her. The chances of this leading to a BB skillup are still extremely high. I levelled my May from 1-10 with probably a 90% skillup rate using only level 1 May fodder.

yah.. the chances are pretty high even at different evolution level..but probably around 70-80 percent I thought... I wonder if the risks are worth it when you are fusing rares for BB..

blackflag

Yeah I've never had the same unit fail to skillup a BB. Thats how I got Felneus his last point to unlock SBB.

Edit: and finally got Vanilla....figures it would be the last day. It's a breaker which pretty much sucks but I'm not gonna complain. I wont fill up enough energy to try again so I literally got it the last chance I could.

atlantos

Neo Member
Yeah I've never had the same unit fail to skillup a BB. Thats how I got Felneus his last point to unlock SBB.

Edit: and finally got Vanilla....figures it would be the last day. It's a breaker which pretty much sucks but I'm not gonna complain. I wont fill up enough energy to try again so I literally got it the last chance I could.

I thought breaker was her best version

I have but only with non-rare units. Of course I've only done it with rare units a couple times, where as I've done a bunch with the non-Rare healers (Merith and Claris mostly).

Ferga

Anima Lancia - You don't want attack on a healer anyway

Guardian Aisha is fine

Guardian Fennia would be the better choice

Goddess Vortex event beginning tonight and it seems each Goddess is available for 2-days only, with each 2nd day overlapping with the next Goddess' 1st day.

They are as follows:

myb1uba.png

Goddess of Fire
Leader Skill: 50% boost in ATK power to Fire and Light units.
Brave Burst: Multiple target, 10-hit combo that has a chance of inflicting weakness.

Goddess of Snow
Leader Skill: 50% boost in ATK power to Water and Dark units.
Brave Burst: Multiple enemy, 9-hit combo that has a chance of inflicting poison.

Goddess of Flowers
Leader Skill: 50% boost in ATK power to Earth and Dark units.
Brave Burst: Multiple enemy, 9-hit combo that has a chance of inflicting curse.

Goddess of Thunder
Leader Skill: 50% boost in ATK power to Thunder and Light units.
Brave Burst: Multiple enemy, 9-hit combo that has a chance of inflicting injury.

Goddess of Light
Leader Skill: 30% boost in ATK power to Light, Fire, and Thunder units.
Brave Burst: Multiple enemy, 10-hit combo.

Goddess of Darkness
Leader Skill: 30% boost in ATK power to Dark, Water and Thunder units.
Brave Burst: Multiple enemy, 12-hit combo.

Draxal

Fire's supposedly the best one. There is only types 3 and 4 of these dungeons and the drop rates are pretty bad (like the kyemaster a while back).

Phades

Goddess Vortex event beginning tonight and it seems each Goddess is available for 2-days only, with each 2nd day overlapping with the next Goddess' 1st day.

They are as follows:

myb1uba.png

Goddess of Fire
Leader Skill: 50% boost in ATK power to Fire and Light units.
Brave Burst: Multiple target, 10-hit combo that has a chance of inflicting weakness.

Goddess of Snow
Leader Skill: 50% boost in ATK power to Water and Dark units.
Brave Burst: Multiple enemy, 9-hit combo that has a chance of inflicting poison.

Goddess of Flowers
Leader Skill: 50% boost in ATK power to Earth and Dark units.
Brave Burst: Multiple enemy, 9-hit combo that has a chance of inflicting curse.

Goddess of Thunder
Leader Skill: 50% boost in ATK power to Thunder and Light units.
Brave Burst: Multiple enemy, 9-hit combo that has a chance of inflicting injury.

Goddess of Light
Leader Skill: 30% boost in ATK power to Light, Fire, and Thunder units.
Brave Burst: Multiple enemy, 10-hit combo.

Goddess of Darkness

Is there any particular reason that the Goddess of light is really bad compared to the Goddess of Darkness (or the rest of them for that matter)? The rest seem more or less inline with each other.

Phades

Fire's supposedly the best one. There is only types 3 and 4 of these dungeons and the drop rates are pretty bad (like the kyemaster a while back).

So, I guess we are supposed to feel lucky that we manage to get one at all it seems. I'll need to remember to leave my energy pretty high today to get as many runs as possible for the first one at least. =/

Goddess of Darkness

This looks copied from AppInvasion, but shouldn't this be Dark, Water, and Earth?

Would make no sense for Thunder to be on both light and dark and Earth to be on neither.

Kreed

Why is the fire one the best, if I may ask?

I'm going to assume because of the combos having more hits for the fire and dark ones, and maybe Fire having weakness status effect. Otherwise stat wise/and minor leader skill changes they are all the same.

Draxal

This looks copied from AppInvasion, but shouldn't this be Dark, Water, and Earth?

Would make no sense for Thunder to be on both light and dark and Earth to be on neither.

It is, and the list as its errors. As for the fire one being better, it might because the dungeon is harder and I misinterpreted it. All the goddesses are supposedly filler units, because of lack six star forms. I really can't say for sure if the fire one is better if at all.

Ferga

Fire is probably the best because its BB also has the light element to it and the fire goddess doesn't have a weakness to dark.

Many people run mono dark so I guess it could work well in arena.

I'm just glad the dungeons give you gems. Would be nice to get them but like Gilnea, I won't really care if I get them.

Lomax

So the Vortex banner for the new event didn't get translated... and I've just realized their listing for the server time is wrong. It's honestly a little disturbing how amateurish this game is run.

So the Vortex banner for the new event didn't get translated... and I've just realized their listing for the server time is wrong. It's honestly a little disturbing how amateurish this game is run.

You must be new around here :) But yea, it's pretty ridiculous. Like it's been probably 2-3 weeks, and I STILL can't disable the video recording feature. Every time the app starts back up, it's on again, and slows my game down to a fucking crawl. Nothing is more aggravating than going into like a Miracle Totem run and realizing I forgot to turn off video recording again.

Lomax

Being able to not quite beat the level 4 goddess is almost worse than getting thrashed, because now I'm tempted to keep trying. I wonder if the level 3 drop rate is high enough to even be worth farming. I wish these were week long events like the Maidens instead of just a week for the entire thing.

You must be new around here :) But yea, it's pretty ridiculous. Like it's been probably 2-3 weeks, and I STILL can't disable the video recording feature. Every time the app starts back up, it's on again, and slows my game down to a fucking crawl. Nothing is more aggravating than going into like a Miracle Totem run and realizing I forgot to turn off video recording again.

Yeah, I ended up doing a full uninstall/reinstall on my tablet a couple days ago that seems to have cured most of the weird issues I have had since the last major update. Bugs I somewhat understand, but some of the issues really reek of laziness.

Ferga

Totally underestimated Freya. She started to two shot my Felneus in one turn when she started to get her buffs at low health.

Lost 30 energy. Be prepared guys.

chrono01

First run on Lv. 3 and I got a Freya [Lord, but still].

Yeah, I think I've used up all of my luck for the month of June. :/

Stimpack

I broke down and decided to make 2 pulls tonight, because all of my units are kind of crap and it makes the game rather difficult.

I got a Breaker Leviathan and an Oracle Cyborg Lilith. Are those worth a damn?

I broke down and decided to make 2 pulls tonight, because all of my units are kind of crap and it makes the game rather difficult.

I got a Breaker Leviathan and an Oracle Cyborg Lilith. Are those worth a damn?

Leviathan's 6 star form is one of the best and most broken leaders in the game.

Can anyone help me out with this? So I have a main account on my iPad that is connected to my facebook account and a second account on my phone that i never use. If I connect my phone to my facebook will it erase the account on my phone and replace it with the iPad one, or will it replace the iPad one with the phone one?

Can anyone help me out with this? So I have a main account on my iPad that is connected to my facebook account and a second account on my phone that i never use. If I connect my phone to my facebook will it erase the account on my phone and replace it with the iPad one, or will it replace the iPad one with the phone one?

It will cover up the phone account with the facebook account.

Cover up, not erase, as if you ever delete, reinstall, and don't connect to facebook it will go back to the account you have now.

Lusankya

Hi, I am currently getting a connection error all the time I try to start this. I am in Japan and got it via the German app store, could this be a problem?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Totally underestimated Freya. She started to two shot my Felneus in one turn when she started to get her buffs at low health.

Lost 30 energy. Be prepared guys.

Yeah, if you don't clear her debuffs, she is brutal.

Kreed

I was expecting the Goddess dungeons to work like the Maidens with a bunch of units that were off element to prevent you from running the mono team the Maiden is weak against. Thankfully that wasn't the case so I can farm lvl 4 with a mono blue team and some seals. Really wish I could have evolved my Reeze in time for this but the game is being a pain with water idols and light totems (it's always one element).

Phades

I'm 0/2 on lv4 and 0/1 on lv3 on my phone. The tablet captured an oracle version of her on the 2nd try for level 4. Seems like good account experience for 30 energy. Collectively 0/6 on burst frogs though. The metal god is a decent consolation prize. I could easily spend 60 energy and not see a single god in the metal parade.

Top Bottom