• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Credo

Spend all gems and uninstall Brave Frontier

Download Amazon App Store APK and install (You need to go into settings and allow for installation of unknown sources)

Install Amazon App Store version of Brave Frontier

Use your free Amazon Coins.

Thank you very much.

Also, thank you to cpp_is_king for replying to me like five times in the past.

On a side note, I think I'm done trying with FH. After doing the best I can possibly can repeatedly, I can't crack 15,000 in rank, so I'll just settle for the +2 rank reward. I hit burnout a couple of days ago anyway.

Thank you very much.

Also, thank you to cpp_is_king for replying to me like five times in the past.

On a side note, I think I'm done trying with FH. After doing the best I can possibly can repeatedly, I can't crack 15,000 in rank, so I'll just settle for the +2 rank reward. I hit burnout a couple of days ago anyway.

One more reply for you :) You actually don't need to spend all your gems before you uninstall. Your gems are stored server side, and you have a separate gem pool depending on what app store you install from. The server still remembers your gems for each appstore after uninstalling, so you can have gems on both versions of the app, then uninstall one and download the other and fire it up and you'll have the correct number of gems for that appstore.

Gems don't carrry over between appstores though, so if you want to spend gems you bought through Amazon, you need to have the Amazon version installed (but as mentioned, gems from your Google Play store will still be there the next time you re-install that version of the app).

Pbae

One more reply for you :) You actually don't need to spend all your gems before you uninstall. Your gems are stored server side, and you have a separate gem pool depending on what app store you install from. The server still remembers your gems for each appstore after uninstalling, so you can have gems on both versions of the app, then uninstall one and download the other and fire it up and you'll have the correct number of gems for that appstore.

Gems don't carrry over between appstores though, so if you want to spend gems you bought through Amazon, you need to have the Amazon version installed (but as mentioned, gems from your Google Play store will still be there the next time you re-install that version of the app).

Ohh cool cool.

Used my gems but got good pulls. But I won't inform anyone else with my misinformation.

You think it's worth keeping two Liliths?

Draxal

For some reason the levelling doesn't bother me. Especially now with auto battle, I can just gem MP the whole time and play a different game on my ipad while running. But if you're not spending gems on MP, then yea levelling up I imagine is horrible.

It's more the gold farming and unit managament along with it that bothers me. Too many ghosts, and the amount of gold needed to level when your unit reaches the 70-100 is just irritating to me.

Phades

Well we don't know how much others are gemming. FWIW the amount of points I rack up in a single run are always very close to each other, and at the end the amount of points that gets added to my total score has also always been very similar to on previous runs, even those runs very early on. So I'm not convinced it's weighted. Could just be that with FH getting closer to the end, the competition is picking up with people gemming more. Either to get a higher rank, or because they just want to keep trying to get the top tier rewards before time runs out.

Er, I think we are miscommunicating a bit here. I initially said that folks were probably gemming a lot initially due to the reinbursements and rewards this time around. I was trying to rationalize why I dropped in rank so rapidly the first couple of days (over the weekend). Since yesterday, I have reclaimed over 15k rank positions with now about ~9,500 of it occuring today in the span of 4 runs.

If the positions were based solely off of averages, then my rank would not change no matter how many times I would run it since I am not signifigantly improving my average each run (with two exceptions explained below). Furthermore I would be dropping in rank in any run that I did not score above my average in, which just isn't happening.

I have (later yesterday night) scored a medulla gem on the run immediately following earning a sacred jewel. I did nothing different. My units did not level up at all and I fought mostly the same units on each of the runs with only round 3&4 being different at all. It makes no sense, but whatever. If simply equipping 1 sphere on one unit is the difference of ~200k points (and a lot of rank positions for no reason), so be it. I have not since scored that high.

I am far more willing to bet that the very top end rank 1~3000 have such absurdly high scores totals (I'm gussing north of 50 million) that there will be little to no movement from here on out without signifigant gemming going on.

Er, I think we are miscommunicating a bit here. I initially said that folks were probably gemming a lot initially due to the reinbursements and rewards this time around. I was trying to rationalize why I dropped in rank so rapidly the first couple of days (over the weekend). Since yesterday, I have reclaimed over 15k rank positions with now about ~9,500 of it occuring today in the span of 4 runs.

If the positions were based solely off of averages, then my rank would not change no matter how many times I would run it since I am not signifigantly improving my average each run (with two exceptions explained below). Furthermore I would be dropping in rank in any run that I did not score above my average in, which just isn't happening.

I have (later yesterday night) scored a medulla gem on the run immediately following earning a sacred jewel. I did nothing different. My units did not level up at all and I fought mostly the same units on each of the runs with only round 3&4 being different at all. It makes no sense, but whatever. If simply equipping 1 sphere on one unit is the difference of ~200k points (and a lot of rank positions for no reason), so be it. I have not since scored that high.

I am far more willing to bet that the very top end rank 1~3000 have such absurdly high scores totals (I'm gussing north of 50 million) that there will be little to no movement from here on out without signifigant gemming going on.

When I was talking about averages, what I meant is if you score higher on average then your total will be higher (average = total score / total runs). So I'm theorizing that nothing is weighted, you just get the score you get, it's added to your total, and then your total is compared against other people's totals. As one high rank data point, I'm rank 1885 right now, and my score is 4,929,634. I'm pretty sure this score is equal to the sum of all your runs divided by 10. I've run 59 times, so this would make my average 835,531. I'm not saying that the positions are based off of averages themselves, just that if you do score higher on average, then it takes much fewer runs to get a high score. The highest score on my friends list is 8,442,746, but I can't see what his global ranking is, only that score and the fact that's served 72 times (making his average 1,172,603)

I'm able to maintain this rank by running FH 6 times a day (3 in the morning, 3 before I go to bed), but that's all I'm doing right now. No gemming. But there's definitely movement. This morning I woke up and I was 2400. So I dropped by a fairly significant amount in just a few hours. But sub-500 yes there's going to be significant gemming.

About scoring, a very large proportion of your score comes from sparking. If you spark even just a little bit better, it can definitely mean 200k points if you have many groups of 4+ enemies. The guy Ushi who does all the Youtube videos posted a video where he scored close to 1.2 million with Felneus + 5x Serin. I run Felneus x2, Serin x2, Cayena x2, with Lv. 10 BB across the board, and the most I can get is 1m and that's if I'm really lucky. The only difference here is spark potential. 5 Serins will generate at least 20% more sparks than my setup, which definitely accounts for the score differential.

So in your case, the run where you got lucky, I'm inclined to believe all the stars lined up and you just sparked really well on every round. The fact that you jumped such a large number of ranks is because you scored probably 50% more than you usually score (and likely, what other people around your rank are scoring), combined with the fact that the score variance among users with similar ranks is much lower at those ranks, so an outlier in a single score will cause a larger movement.

Credo

Thanks again.

Edited: Found the answer to my own question, so I edited the question out .

Phades

So in your case, the run where you got lucky, I'm inclined to believe all the stars lined up and you just sparked really well on every round.
I can't spark a varience of +~300k. The characters just don't have that many hits in them. Most of them only hit 7 times (or less) outside of BB. How often I can BB does make a difference, but that is the difference between winning and losing anyhow so I consider it a fairly moot point since I'd only be comparing wins against each other as losses would drag the average down signifigantly (I still gained over 1,500 rank positions on my last loss, putting me nearly at 20k rank...).

The only things of note were (on the end run) was that round 1 was idols, which gave me more time to build BB and let me refill my BB bars when I overkilled the hell out of them with AOE BBs. 2nd round I 1 round killed the wild spirits, which refilled my BB again. 3rd round was melchio, so again I BB spammed back to back due to the angel kills and brough him down in 3 rounds. 4th was the mega/pirate wave (which I am weak against) and I didn't get hit with too many armor break status effects so I won. Last round was Lugina and he is not hard for me. 4th round was signifigantly harder, but since I had full items for it, I was able to power through it.

My timing for stuff doesn't change really, unless my group changes. That doesn't change for FH after I maxed out the team excluding lancia (who doesn't matter much with her "devastating" slow 3 hit combos... ><; ). The 1 round and 3 round kills matter, but not to the sever hundred thousand range, nor are they routine occurences for me on end. Mid just ends up being a spam fest anyhow and the question becomes more about how to start the engine and sustain it than anything else.

Draxal

I really, really need to level up my Serins, it sounds like.

Six Star Douglas is a good amount better, but she's pretty much Douglas in 5 star form.

I think the Ideal Team in Japan Right now is

Leader:
Lebra (LS: Increased Spark damage/slight inc to gem from hits/SBB 10 Hit Aoe HP/DEF/ATT Buff)
Friend
Felneus (LS: Huge boost in BB gauge fill rate/SBB 8 Hit Aoe + inc gem from hits.
Subs:
2 Douglas (SBB Aoe 30 Hits + inc spark damage)
1 Zephyr (SBB15 aoe hit + all dark damage doee more damage + armor pen)
1 SGX (SBB 20 Aoe hit + Crit Buff + all units do dark damage).

Credo

I think I'm going to do some rare pulls like Shouta did. If I have the same luck as last time, I'll end up with almost all repeats.

I finally got Felneus to 100 earlier today. Now, the looooooong road to SBB begins. Besides Serin, who are some other great units to use for arena and FH?

Six Star Douglas is a good amount better, but she's pretty much Douglas in 5 star form.

I think the Ideal Team in Japan Right now is

Leader:
Lebra (LS: Increased Spark damage/slight inc to gem from hits/SBB 10 Hit Aoe HP/DEF/ATT Buff)
Friend
Felneus (LS: Huge boost in BB gauge fill rate/SBB 8 Hit Aoe + inc gem from hits.
Subs:
2 Douglas (SBB Aoe 30 Hits + inc spark damage)
1 Zephyr (SBB15 aoe hit + all dark damage doee more damage + armor pen)
1 SGX (SBB 20 Aoe hit + Crit Buff + all units do dark damage).
Problem is I don't have any of those, and unless I blow tons of gems (which means tons of money, realistically), I won't be getting them anytime soon.

I do plan on unloading all the gems I've been hoarding once something amazing, like Lunarith and the light one come out, though.

I think I'm going to do some rare pulls like Shouta did. If I have the same luck as last time, I'll end up with almost all repeats.

I finally got Felneus to 100 earlier today. Now, the looooooong road to SBB begins. Besides Serin, who are some other great units to use for arena and FH?

I'm not sure if BB skillup rates have improved recently, but I had the most insane luck ever recently. I got 5 units from level 1 to level 10 in probably less than 400 total energy. (3 of those 50 BB levels came from Burst Frogs). I've heard horror stories of people fusing 150-200 units just to get a single skillup before.

Before this FH started I had Felneus, 2 Serins, and 2 Cayenas all at BB Lv. 1, and now Felneus' SBB is unlocked, and both serins and Cayenas are maxed.

Bulzeeb

Went to google store and this isn't available in my region, any idea of how can I play it?

edit: it seems that amazon let me get the game

Draxal

I think Kik is still better than Serin as a sub, her hit count doesn't match, but lightning doesn't completely destroy her like it does Serin (she destroy light). And aoe curse is insanely good.

Credo

Pull results:

3-star anima Amy
4-star anima Bahamut (repeat)
4-star lord Douglas
3-star breaker Alneu (already have a 4-star tree who is also a breaker =\ )
4-star breaker Loch Ness (repeat)
3-star oracle Alneu (repeat)
5-star anima Alice (repeat)
4-star breaker Reeze
4-star breaker Tiara (2nd repeat)
3-star anima Kikuri (my 5th Kikuri)

Well, I had certainly hoped for better, but I'm glad I finally pulled Douglas. I'm not too sure how useful Reeze is. I guess the others are fusion bait unless someone here speaks up and advises otherwise. I know nothing at all about ideal unit types, so advice in that area is greatly appreciated.

I think Kik is still better than Serin as a sub, her hit count doesn't match, but lightning doesn't completely destroy her like it does Serin (she destroy light). And aoe curse is insanely good.

For arena I personally think 4x Serin and Felneus (even without SBB) is unstoppable right now. I don't even see how an all thunder team could beat it (not like you'd find an all thunder team at high arena level anyway).

I've been using a similar team (replace 2 of the Serin with Cayena) for a few days, and you are guaranteed to have 2-3 BBs ready at the end of the first round, and Serin likes to use her BB when it's up, so I've never seen a case where nobody used BB at the end of the first round. Most teams are already dead after the first BB, but say you get the worst possible scenario of an all thunder team, and only get 1 BB off the second round. At this point every single one of your BB gauges is full now, and since your opponent is running all thunder he doesn't have any super high hit count units, so he probably doesn't have any BB gauges up yet. So you might lose 1 or 2 units, but but you'll get at least 2-3 BBs off the next round. I'm pretty sure this would kill anyone, thunder or not.

For PvE stuff Serin is more luck based like you said due to the possibility of encountering lightning, where Kik is always goign to be strong.

Phades

The only way you are going to lose that, is if the opponent gets any amount of grouping on the character that charged the BB in the first round and takes them out. Since kills net a bonus to crystal generation and they start at half, it is possible for even thunder units to get charged up that way on the first round with a kill.

In an all weak element scenario, it isn't unreasonable to assume 2 units lost per round on the weak side when facing off against a +50% atk team /w murasama. I mean after all, a breaker ezo would be over 2k offense before his +50% bonus and murasama. Serin is just under 1400 defense (excluding guardian). So a theoretical 4k offense meets a ~1600 defense (medulla gem?) then you throw in the elemental bias bonus, stuff is gonna die rather quickly.

I'm not even water and eze wrecks my people sometimes. Amy by comparison is far more reasonable at 1500 atk and loch at 1525. I've hit earth teams where i've burned down a Holy Lance (lord is 1600 def before anything else) in a single turn with only Vargas (base atk 1660) and Lava (base atk 1378) or Vargas and Vishra (1716 base atk) hitting it and murasama isn't tricked out on every character (I only have one...).

In all likelhood though, the odds of hitting a team like that is small and there is no reason to engage one even if you do see a Eze showing anyhow, so it is kind of pointless.

Also, why are Light Totems annoying to get. >=|
Until the light and dark totem runs get added, they are random. I've personally never "needed" a totem by a specific date or time frame, so it hasn't ever been a problem for me. By contrast, I needed large quantites of earth and fire totems and just ended up picking up a light totem and a couple dark totems along the way.

Idols are just as annoying though.

I should of added a caveat of pve only. I really lost interest in Arena.

Ahh, yea I'm getting there. I really wanted the Holy Crown, and now that I'm there I don't see much motivation to continue. The amount of points required to get to the higher ranks is just completely outrageous.

Ahh, yea I'm getting there. I really wanted the Holy Crown, and now that I'm there I don't see much motivation to continue. The amount of points required to get to the higher ranks is just completely outrageous.
I have it, and it's not that good. King's Crown is generally better for your healer, if not outright Refined Gem.

Also, for Arena, you should use Hero Stone and Divine Stone instead of Muramasa. Since your BB gauge starts at half, those start the round activated, and their effect lasts until you use BB (in which case the round is basically over anyway).

I also don't think SBB is available in Arena. I fight tons of Magress leaders, and it makes no sense that none of them have SBB. Some of them even say they have SBB in their friend request message, but their bars top out at BB.

I have it, and it's not that good. King's Crown is generally better for your healer, if not outright Refined Gem.

Also, for Arena, you should use Hero Stone and Divine Stone instead of Muramasa. Since your BB gauge starts at half, those start the round activated, and their effect lasts until you use BB (in which case the round is basically over anyway).

I also don't think SBB is available in Arena. I fight tons of Magress leaders, and it makes no sense that none of them have SBB. Some of them even say they have SBB in their friend request message, but their bars top out at BB.

Divine Stone is actually only activated with a full bar. It's Hero Stone that's half. Also, Hero Stone was only shown to be about a 16% gain, and it doesn't affect your HP either, so personally I think Muramasas is still better. Although I'm undecided between Muramasa and Sacred/Medulla

Phades

In arena, probably the only time medulla (or the better gem which the name escapes me) would be better is when you are facing off against your weak element if you are not light/dark. Since light/dark get bonus damage instead of damage reduction, the murasama is probably better there as well due to the number of rounds involved required for a kill, which in turn mandate surviving that number of rounds.

So if the hero stone is ~16%, the giant stone is what, 10%?

Divine Stone is actually only activated with a full bar. It's Hero Stone that's half. Also, Hero Stone was only shown to be about a 16% gain, and it doesn't affect your HP either, so personally I think Muramasas is still better. Although I'm undecided between Muramasa and Sacred/Medulla

People constantly say that Sacred/Medulla is better than Muramasa, and yet my experience tells me different. My experience is that Muramasa kills in one less hit than Sacred/Medulla. And the number of times I've lost to an enemy with < 100 hit points who brave bursts when using Medulla is so infuriating.

Incidentally my Kikuri party frequently beats Felneus/Serin on offense because Serin's brave bursts don't do that much damage. I've lived through two of them to win a match before.

In arena, probably the only time medulla (or the better gem which the name escapes me) would be better is when you are facing off against your weak element if you are not light/dark. Since light/dark get bonus damage instead of damage reduction, the murasama is probably better there as well due to the number of rounds involved required for a kill, which in turn mandate surviving that number of rounds.

So if the hero stone is ~16%, the giant stone is what, 10%?

Would the Giant Stone show up on your character screen, since the condition is met when you're not actually in combat? I know Wicked Blade will show up even when you're not in combat for the same reason.

Incidentally my Kikuri party frequently beats Felneus/Serin on offense because Serin's brave bursts don't do that much damage. I've lived through two of them to win a match before.
I actually wish there was a balancing feature where the defender gets a buff, like maybe a 6th unit to account for the fact that they are at such a severe disadvantage.

Draxal

Arena wouldn't work that well since if you lose on offense you lose ranking. You want the attackers to win the majority of the time.

Arena wouldn't work that well since if you lose on offense you lose ranking. You want the attackers to win the majority of the time.

Well, that was actually kind of my point. It's kind of broken by design because of how easy it is to win. An arena lader (in any game) should at least attempt to accurately be ordered roughly according to the strength of the respective players' teams. But I guess they're just trying to maximize their dollars. But that's partly why it's so boring at higher levels, it's basically just a "press this button to wait 30 seconds".

atlantos

Neo Member
Spend all gems and uninstall Brave Frontier

Download Amazon App Store APK and install (You need to go into settings and allow for installation of unknown sources)

Install Amazon App Store version of Brave Frontier

Use your free Amazon Coins.

This Amazon App thing, is it limited to US? I am in Australia, I downloaded Amazon App store and set to US store.. I downloaded the 5 app but I get no notification about getting coins like everyone else. Am I missing something?

This Amazon App thing, is it limited to US? I am in Australia, I downloaded Amazon App store and set to US store.. I downloaded the 5 app but I get no notification about getting coins like everyone else. Am I missing something?

If you go to Amazon Coins->Claim a Coins Gift it will show any coins you may have on the right side above "Enter a claims code". You can at least double check if you got them or not.

Phades

Would the Giant Stone show up on your character screen, since the condition is met when you're not actually in combat? I know Wicked Blade will show up even when you're not in combat for the same reason.
I don't recall if i saw a change or not when equipped. I'll have to check later.

Edit- Nope, it doesn't show up. :(

I actually wish there was a balancing feature where the defender gets a buff, like maybe a 6th unit to account for the fact that they are at such a severe disadvantage.

I think it would have been more interesting to do it like an endurance match. You drop your team in and they go for as long as they can (tracking people downed like in a regular dungeon). Give rank rewards based upon the number of teams defeated. There are plenty of times where I coast through a fight and my team is full up and ready to go still and there are other times where I get stopped cold so, if for nothing else, to create more variety in outcomes I think that would be more interesting.

Been trying to get Medulla from Frontier End and kept getting 450-500k. Very frustrating since my team was whooping Frontier Hunter last time.

So I ended up leveling up my two Serins and went back in with a Feneus friend. Team was:

3* MAX Serin (Anima)
4* MAX Serin (Breaker)
6* lvl61 Altri (Anima)
5* MAX Kikuri (Breaker)
5* MAX Kikuri (Guardian)

Ended up with the following score. :)

IMG_2843.png

Game is downloading an update. Let's pray that it fixes the video recording bug that's driving me up a fucking wall.

Edit: Nope. Guess it's back to other games until it gets fixed.

Credo

I guess I'm about to start the long process of farming units for leveling up Felneus's BB. Is there a "best" place to farm those units, and if not, where do any of you recommend?

Draxal

I guess I'm about to start the long process of farming units for leveling up Felneus's BB. Is there a "best" place to farm those units, and if not, where do any of you recommend?

Cave of Fire 2nd map, or the very first map in the game. I alternate the two depending on my nymph luck (I got 2 nymphs out of 3 drops one time i was ...ing).

Been trying to get Medulla from Frontier End and kept getting 450-500k. Very frustrating since my team was whooping Frontier Hunter last time.

So I ended up leveling up my two Serins and went back in with a Feneus friend. Team was:

3* MAX Serin (Anima)
4* MAX Serin (Breaker)
6* lvl61 Altri (Anima)
5* MAX Kikuri (Breaker)
5* MAX Kikuri (Guardian)

Ended up with the following score. :)

IMG_2843.png
Congrats!

Who did you set as your leader, and what did you do? I think I can scrape together a very similar team.

Game is downloading an update. Let's pray that it fixes the video recording bug that's driving me up a fucking wall.

Edit: Nope. Guess it's back to other games until it gets fixed.
Did you uninstall and reinstall? That's the only thing that fixed anything for me.

blackflag

Just evolved Felneus, evil blades Logan, bolt magus rashil, and have all the mats to evolve my 3 serins and reeze once they are leveled up

Phades

Damn 35 inventory spaces just for material hoarding. Lol, I feel like I am living in a tiny apartment inside my game by comparison.

I'm sure you will blow through your leveling up sessions with the quickness too. ><;

Draxal

Damn 35 inventory spaces just for material hoarding. Lol, I feel like I am living in a tiny apartment inside my game by comparison.

I'm sure you will blow through your leveling up sessions with the quickness too. ><;

Leveling a non starter to 100 is such a chore. FH is over. Only went up two ranks but was worth it for my sanity.

Leveling a non starter to 100 is such a chore. FH is over. Only went up two ranks but was worth it for my sanity.

Oh wow, I thought it wasn't over until tonight. I was going to get a last set of runs in, but it looks like I still made it under 3k anyway.

In other news, even after uninstalling and re-installing, the video recording issue is still present.

Phades

I know, 80 is bad enough. The zel cost, never mind the number of kings required to do it is pretty steep. But, if they are buying gems and refilling energy during parades, then it would go a lot faster. It is hard for me to imagine needing ignore defense skills/items along with serin/douglas teams to power through the metal fights because they would run out of time instead of energy.

I have 2 characters on their way to 80 for the 6 star evolution myself. I have already moved phoenix to 6 stars, but I have so many other units read/near ready that I have to do first to clear inventory space.

Pbae

Damn, totally forgot about Frontier Survey and I'm ranked 50470 =[

How many people do you think will get knocked out for cheating?

blackflag

Yes, I normally wouldn't do it but since the 3x tiv on games at target I have 450 dollars in target credit. My daughter works there so she gonna get me like 50 dollar iTunes card with the gift cards and her employee discount.

Pbae

Last two times they kicked out about a thousand or so at a minimum.

YYYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!

Hopefully I can be bumped up and grab a Seria.

Also do you guys think I should evolve my 4* Magress or my Lico? On one hand Lico has great stats but Magress is one step away from that 10% HP boost.

Anyone remember how many people got banned in last season FH and how many spots you gained from it? I wasn't paying attention (Damn work...) and forgot to use my final two orbs and ended up losing some spots and ended up 10,926. I was aiming for only the Top 10000 so I could get +3HR and snatch Lugina.

I hope at least 1000 people get banned. :/

Pbae

Anyone remember how many people got banned in last season FH and how many spots you gained from it? I wasn't paying attention (Damn work...) and forgot to use my final two orbs and ended up losing some spots and ended up 10,926. I was aiming for only the Top 10000 so I could get +3HR and snatch Lugina.

I hope at least 1000 people get banned. :/

You and me both brotha

Top Bottom