• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

Any idea why the game is double loading for arena now?

Normal sequence was load opponent, choose to fight or not, then either load a new opponent or load the arena match. Now it seems to be load arena screen, load opponent, and then load again for no apparent reason before a selection is made.

Any idea why the game is double loading for arena now?

Normal sequence was load opponent, choose to fight or not, then either load a new opponent or load the arena match. Now it seems to be load arena screen, load opponent, and then load again for no apparent reason before a selection is made.
My guess is it's something to do with the Victory Points thing.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Goddammit. I wish I would have realized that the cost from God Phoenix to Phoenix Reborn wasn't a 10 point jump.

I'm 5 fucking levels from having enough points to have my team back.

Running:

Lv Name
100 Holy Flame Vargas
73 Drake Queen Aisha
80 Master Lorand
14 Phoenix Reborn
60 Great Thief Leon <---- because I can't fit in any other of my fire units.

Was running with a lvl 66 Dalimone.. but he's 12 points.. and after the 1st 4 guys on my team I only have 9 left (which Leon is)

My Holy team is getting there too...

Just having to farm Holy evolves as I got 3 guys waiting to evolve.. but right now:

Holy Light Altro
Holy Queen Luna (waiting to evolve)
Legionary Melchio (waiting to evolve)
Pistol God Heidt
Holy Knight Will (waiting to evolve)

Got 5 units for my Lightning and Water teams.. but they are weaker units..

Is Vanila worth evolving up to be better than someone else on my Holy team?

Draxal

Goddammit. I wish I would have realized that the cost from God Phoenix to Phoenix Reborn wasn't a 10 point jump.

I'm 5 fucking levels from having enough points to have my team back.

Running:

Lv Name
100 Holy Flame Vargas
73 Drake Queen Aisha
80 Master Lorand
14 Phoenix Reborn
60 Great Thief Leon <---- because I can't fit in any other of my fire units.

Was running with a lvl 66 Dalimone.. but he's 12 points.. and after the 1st 4 guys on my team I only have 9 left (which Leon is)

My Holy team is getting there too...

Just having to farm Holy evolves as I got 3 guys waiting to evolve.. but right now:

Holy Light Altro
Holy Queen Luna (waiting to evolve)
Legionary Melchio (waiting to evolve)
Pistol God Heidt
Holy Knight Will (waiting to evolve)

Got 5 units for my Lightning and Water teams.. but they are weaker units..

Is Vanila worth evolving up to be better than someone else on my Holy team?

I think Melchio is garbage until his six star form, his brave burst is pretty horrid, and Vanila's is stronger than that.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I think Melchio is garbage until his six star form, his brave burst is pretty horrid, and Vanila's is stronger than that.

His BB does in fact suck. I'll focus on getting Vanila up to snuff then... but I'm low on gold again.. they need to hand out jewel keys more often... shit's expensive evolving to 5* and 6*... and the weekend gold dungeons suck compared to the jewel parade.

I had spent a few gems the other day running a jewel because I was Zel strapped.. and now I'm back to just over 100k. Wish missions gave zel worth a shit.

What are good light units, aside from Atro and Sefia, right now? I've actually been sitting on all my light ghost units since I maxed Atro, and I have no idea what to do with them.

Draxal

What are good light units, aside from Atro and Sefia, right now? I've actually been sitting on all my light ghost units since I maxed Atro, and I have no idea what to do with them.

Duelmex is good but you need to unlock his sbb as it's an aoe and not a random attack aoe like his bb.

Aem would be the next best, but his stats distribution is not ideal, Will is the same in this manner.

I have none of those. =(

Well, I have Will, but he doesn't seem all that great, considering how I already dropped Lava off my team, and they are in the same set. Maybe I'll just wait until I pull something good?

Draxal

So apparently in the Japanese version they're pulling Zegar/Zephu/Lario/Weiss/Luna/Mifune from rare summons. ANd they're rebalancing the sbb's of a good amount of characters (the refill rate so I don't think they'll nerf Douglas but buff the others).

Phades

So apparently in the Japanese version they're pulling Zegar/Zephu/Lario/Weiss/Luna/Mifune from rare summons. ANd they're rebalancing the sbb's of a good amount of characters (the refill rate so I don't think they'll nerf Douglas but buff the others).

That seems a bit overdue. Hopefully we won't have to wait long for that update.

I think I am switching my entire Arena party over to use Evil Shard/Holy Crown type spheres.

At my level the Arena is now "use a 2nd turn AoE brave burst or lose".

It was bad before, but the additions of Serin and Cayena just destroyed any other strategy in the Arena, and there weren't many before.

Both Muramasa and Medulla/Sacred are worthless, because neither will help you survive the BB storm.

Phades

I think I am switching my entire Arena party over to use Evil Shard/Holy Crown type spheres.

It was bad before, but the additions of Serin and Cayena just destroyed any other strategy in the Arena, and there weren't many before.

Both Muramasa and Medulla/Sacred are worthless, because neither will help you survive the BB storm.

The holy crown can be fickle. The demon ring (sphere level 32) would be an alternative as well. I think the omni gizmo still works, but I'm not entirely positive with that since I can't see how many crystals drop anymore.

I avoid Serin teams entirely (for fire reasons), but when I get a rainbow group that has only 1 of her, it isn't so bad. 2 or more is just a death sentance for me though since they seem to always target the already injured people.

Evil shard though, just seems like one of those items that goes on your healer (if you are using one) the moment you get it and never comes off until you get the higher level one.

You are what Seraphim or Archangel now in rank?

I pulled a Bolt Pike Amy this morning - is she better than my King Behemoth?

Amy is one of the best pulls for an offensive lightning characters. Not really in the sense of the leader skill, but more in her attribute growth and the fact she applies injury and weakness along with a fast charge up for the BB which is standard for all single target BB users. You may have setups more focused for AOE spam, but she is really good in her own right.

What about a bunch of Exyl Shields?

Phades

What about a bunch of Exyl Shields?

Aren't most characters biased more towards offense in general? So, any boost to offense would lend to a greater attribute increase and since you attack first anyhow in arena reducing the amount of assailants and thus damage and crystal generation, going strictly tanky doesn't make a whole lot of sense right?

Even in the event of a draw, it prioritizes damage dealt over HP remaining, so the offensive team would still win.

I think this just illustrates a design flaw as a whole.

Aren't most characters biased more towards offense in general? So, any boost to offense would lend to a greater attribute increase and since you attack first anyhow in arena reducing the amount of assailants and thus damage and crystal generation, going strictly tanky doesn't make a whole lot of sense right?

Even in the event of a draw, it prioritizes damage dealt over HP remaining, so the offensive team would still win.

I think this just illustrates a design flaw as a whole.

I agree, just trying to think of an unorthodox strategy that would allow you to survive a mass wave of AoE BBs. It might not work, but it's probably the best chance.

Phades

I don't think a 50% boost is enough to survive 2 maxed out BBs in the same round. Max BB is roughly x3 damage and characters die typically when attacked 3 times in the same round. Even halving the damage theoretically, if 2 BBs trip, then they are still dead and this doesn't include any ancilary damage from regular attacks of the other party members during and prior to the BB spam.

Strictly theory crafting, I think it would be possible to survive 2 BBs in the same round if your leader was lugina with his buff up and you had medulla equipped on a high HP and defense character while the opponent didn't have these things. 3 would still be out of the question though. Of course in order to actually win, (since you would not have the lugina buff in the round following the spam), your BB would have to go off and wipe out the entire enemy team.

Lomax

So I haven't gotten a single Paladin Stone from my mountain in four days now. It's making me paranoid that I somehow upgraded it too far or something.

Lockon

Anyone bother doing this Victory Points tournament? It just seem like a waste especially if you're in the highest tier because you get put in with a bunch of whales. Is top 1000 ranks possible without using gems?

It's the other way around; HP remaining declares the winner.

As for spheres, don't sleep on Tech Gizmo 2. I'm also at a point where whichever team uses BB first will win, and there is no stopping Serin teams or teams led by Felneus or Duelmex.

Phades

As for spheres, don't sleep on Tech Gizmo 2. I'm also at a point where whichever team uses BB first will win, and there is no stopping Serin teams or teams led by Felneus or Duelmex.

Is it better than the omni gizmo? I'd need 2 spring stones to try and craft it still.

I don't even bother trying to fight teams with Felneus, Duelmex, or water lead shown. I also tend to avoid Michelle, since that will almost always include Serin and Kikuri. Oddly, I'm more comfortable going after Seifa, Atro, Margress, and Ezo team leads in general. Earth leads seem to be a unicorn spotting event.

I am at Cherubium rank. And I can no longer tell which groups have Serins or Cayenas because they are there behind any leader. Even ones that don't make sense.

I've tried Lugina, that doesn't help.

I admit I have not tried Exyl Shield. That might be worth a go if I didn't have to accumulate such a horde of really hard to find ingredients just to build one, much less 5.

Omni Gizmo is an interesting idea.

Last I checked Dragon Ring barely ever worked, so I don't think that'd be worth it.

When I'm doing questing/FH, I put Evil Shard on healers. But in the arena it works wonders on pretty much anybody.

It's just so insane. You can at least (usually) survive two rounds of Kikuri/Sefia. But two rounds of Serin and unless I am crazy lucky I lose.

*EDIT* The saddest part of all this is I'm still fairly frequently losing, when my turn 2 consists of FOUR guys not using a potential brave burst.

Phades

I am at Cherubium rank. And I can no longer tell which groups have Serins or Cayenas because they are there behind any leader. Even ones that don't make sense.

I admit I have not tried Exyl Shield. That might be worth a go if I didn't have to accumulate such a horde of really hard to find ingredients just to build one, much less 5.

Last I checked Dragon Ring barely ever worked, so I don't think that'd be worth it.

When I'm doing questing/FH, I put Evil Shard on healers. But in the arena it works wonders on pretty much anybody.

It's just so insane. You can at least (usually) survive two rounds of Kikuri/Sefia. But two rounds of Serin and unless I am crazy lucky I lose.

Is it because lugina's buff wears off on round 2? I would have figured that would make your team pretty solid initially.

From what you are saying though, it just sounds like a race and none of the attribute buff items matter in the slightest. So, stuff like omni gizmo/tech gizmo, evil shard, and other similar items are all that matter.

It just sounds weird going from trying to put down 1-2 enemies initially in order to gain crystals and survive to not caring what happens in the first round and that the 2nd round being the all important crush the enemy with BB round entirely.

To the bolded though... That just makes it sound like they are just trolling. Surely folks that high have enough resources to put together teams that actually make sense even in the arena setting...

Is it better than the omni gizmo? I'd need 2 spring stones to try and craft it still.

I don't even bother trying to fight teams with Felneus, Duelmex, or water lead shown. I also tend to avoid Michelle, since that will almost always include Serin and Kikuri. Oddly, I'm more comfortable going after Seifa, Atro, Margress, and Ezo team leads in general. Earth leads seem to be a unicorn spotting event.
I have no idea if it's better than Omni Gizmo, but I feel it might be ("2" implies better? Damn you, original Final Fantasy!).

I did see some guy easily crush a million points on that last FH with a Vargas team say that he did it by loading up his full team with Tech Gizmo 2, though, so that might be worth something.

Phades

Well crap then. I don't even remember where I got the spring stone I have right now. Ignoring the other items needed, I'd have to get er 8 more to make 3 of them. I would just go with the omni and crown on the last 2 units like I have been so far.

Lol, I'm not at the right point to be grinding that out specifically. Trying to get my non-fire stuff out of the laughably bad stage still. ><;

So I haven't gotten a single Paladin Stone from my mountain in four days now. It's making me paranoid that I somehow upgraded it too far or something.

Mine hasn't been giving them to me either. But I found a nice farming spot for them in Cordelica. It's the first couple of stages in the Tower of Light. I got 5 fate stones and 5 paladin stones after one run in The Shining Tower stage.

*EDIT* The saddest part of all this is I'm still fairly frequently losing, when my turn 2 consists of FOUR guys not using a potential brave burst.

I guess to get the obvious question out of the way, do you not have 4 total serins / cayenas?

Amy is one of the best pulls for an offensive lightning characters. Not really in the sense of the leader skill, but more in her attribute growth and the fact she applies injury and weakness along with a fast charge up for the BB which is standard for all single target BB users. You may have setups more focused for AOE spam, but she is really good in her own right.

Thanks, starting to evolve and fuse her away! Running a Lilith as my leader going for a rainbow team or something.

Still new but still loving it. I really need a Water Idol for my Selena, she's stuck behind it!

I guess to get the obvious question out of the way, do you not have 4 total serins / cayenas?

I do not.

When they first started showing up it didn't seem to be a big deal. But that was before seeing groups of 4-5 of them with all level 10 BBs.

Now it's too late.

Even so I do regularly get 3+ chances at a BB in the 2nd turn. Now I'm just whining the old whine that my units sometimes don't use them.

Since I switched over I've been winning more.

All of this is Arena specific. The new maidens aren't light years ahead of other units outside of the Arena, only inside.

Part of me is actually amused that Dark and Light units have been outstripped in the Arena, part of me is annoyed that I didn't cap Arena before it happened.

Draxal

Units not using bb automatically is the stupidest thing in Arena, when they do so using autoplay.

edit. I'm in the 1000 range of the vp tournament and I'm earning gems by doing so just because I've skipped so much of the normal quests before. Autoplay is carrying me as I do other stuff.

I do not.

When they first started showing up it didn't seem to be a big deal. But that was before seeing groups of 4-5 of them with all level 10 BBs.

Now it's too late.

Even so I do regularly get 3+ chances at a BB in the 2nd turn. Now I'm just whining the old whine that my units sometimes don't use them.

Since I switched over I've been winning more.

All of this is Arena specific. The new maidens aren't light years ahead of other units outside of the Arena, only inside.

Part of me is actually amused that Dark and Light units have been outstripped in the Arena, part of me is annoyed that I didn't cap Arena before it happened.

FWIW, even if you had capped arena, there are now about 10-15 new ranks, so good luck capping it again :)

Phades

In the instance of the new top end ranks, it isn't so much about how many of them there are as what the point spread of each is.

Right now, it takes about a week to do the 10k climb for me. Those higher teirs would be almost triple that per teir. Not impossible, but if they keep adding more there would be no way to reach the end without serious amounts of gemming or an entire overhaul of the system.

In the instance of the new top end ranks, it isn't so much about how many of them there are as what the point spread of each is.

Right now, it takes about a week to do the 10k climb for me. Those higher teirs would be almost triple that per teir. Not impossible, but if they keep adding more there would be no way to reach the end without serious amounts of gemming or an entire overhaul of the system.
Is it even higher? I think 10k per rank is the cap.

Phades

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Arena

I'm guessing this is accurate. It shows the higher ranks at 27k.

On another note, I've been reading about crit teams lately and I'm starting to think that is probably the only way to prevent getting tapped out via BB since regular hits aren't enough clearly. Then again, you slave yourself to the RNG, so I dunno...

lordcyno

Looks like 3 new units are out.

The Rare Summon Gate has once again released surging mystical energies of Thunder, Earth and Light elements! Be prepared as the 3 new units - the defiant Elsel, the monumental Great Golem & legendary Lubradine comes into the scene and barges in Grand Gaia!

Now's your chance to intensify your squad with these mythical newcomers! Head to the Rare Summon Gate and may the gods be in your favor!

The new Summon characters will have higher rates than the other summon characters! Release their power from the Rare Summon Gate. Summon them NOW!

i used about 200 gems lol. 6 golems 3 lebra and 1 kushra (the one I wanted that took forever)

tho i did get 1 aisha, 1 amy, 2 michele, 1 (g) elimo (and i just evolved my breaker elimo...), 1 tree, 2 agni, 1 (g) logan, 3 edea (2 of them being 4*), 3 dilmas, 1 shida, 1 valk, and then some

Draxal

Got my Lebra (B) (excited about this one because his six star is the best leader in the Japanese game atm) and an Elsiel (G) also managed to pull an anima lancia (BAI BAI breaker lancia).

I used about 60 gems and got a Breaker Lebra and a Lord Kushra. Not really gonna try for other types, I think that's enough for me. I got some other pretty good units too. An Elimo, a Lancia, and a Douglas. All new units for me, so I'm especially happy at the Elimo.

Lan_97

3 pulls. After blowing a bunch of gems trying to get Lancia during the last event, I am pleased with these pulls.

Lancia 4* (A)
Il & Mina 5* (G)
Lebra 4* (A)

Draxal

3 pulls. After blowing a bunch of gems trying to get Lancia during the last event, I am pleased with these pulls.

Lancia 4* (A)
Il & Mina 5* (G)
Lebra 4* (A)

Yeah, those are some pretty great pulls. Lebra isn't great now, but once he gets his sbb, things change.

I used about 60 gems and got a Breaker Lebra and a Lord Kushra. Not really gonna try for other types, I think that's enough for me. I got some other pretty good units too. An Elimo, a Lancia, and a Douglas. All new units for me, so I'm especially happy at the Elimo.

Douglas is the big one, game really should be renamed Douglas Frontier.

Yeah, those are some pretty great pulls. Lebra isn't great now, but once he gets his sbb, things change.

Douglas is the big one, game really should be renamed Douglas Frontier.

Well Douglas is better than Serin, but Serin already breaks everything anyway and I have 4 of them, so it's like broken vs. really broken. No big dealio really.

atlantos

Neo Member
Well Douglas is better than Serin, but Serin already breaks everything anyway and I have 4 of them, so it's like broken vs. really broken. No big dealio really.

Sorry..what's Douglas so highly regarded? I looked at his stats.. They weren't that good.. is 20 hit bb the major advantage

Kreed

Sorry..what's Douglas so highly regarded? I looked at his stats.. They weren't that good.. is 20 hit bb the major advantage

Douglas' 6 star form is what's highly regarded. At 6 Star Douglas gains a Super BB move that hits all targets for 30 hits vs random targets for 20-22. Performing this move while teaming Douglas up with the right units, in particular two 6 star Leviathan leads, allows for you to perform the infinite BB trick (every round you generate enough crystals to refill your BB gauge of your entire party so you can continuously perform your BB moves).

Didn't want to spend any gems today (Had 53 left) for the new units but I hear Lebra is just so damn good when he gets 6*, so I caved in.

Attempt #1.) Gold door breaks and turns red. I got excited. Ended up with a 4* Lodin... but Oracle type. YUCK!!!!

Attempt #2.) Gold door opens and I was still hopeful. Ended up being a 3* Logan, Anima type. Not bad. Would have of course prefered Dual GX.

Attempt #3.) Gold door breaks and turns red. I got excited. Out pops a 4* Lebra!!! Anima type too! WOOHOO!!!

blackflag

Yeah Gumi is fucking bullshit. The text said rates up, I used 60 gems...obviously rates weren't up. Now they removed the text. They should refund but they probably won't.

Edit: I think Apple will. I've opened a ticked with Gumi and if they don't refund I'm getting it from Apple.

Yeah Gumi is fucking bullshit. The text said rates up, I used 60 gems...obviously rates weren't up. Now they removed the text. They should refund but they probably won't.

Edit: I think Apple will. I've opened a ticked with Gumi and if they don't refund I'm getting it from Apple.

ehhh 60 gems isn't really indicative if rates are high or low.

I spent about 200 gems and got a lebra in the first pull. Got a 2nd around 4th pull and like 3 golems between the 5th-15th pulls. It took me forever to get kushra but in the mean time I got like 5-6 golems and 3-4 lebras

Same with my friends except with kushra.

blackflag

ehhh 60 gems isn't really indicative if rates are high or low.

I spent about 200 gems and got a lebra in the first pull. Got a 2nd around 4th pull and like 3 golems between the 5th-15th pulls. It took me forever to get kushra but in the mean time I got like 5-6 golems and 3-4 lebras

Same with my friends except with kushra.

Looking elsewhere I'm seeing the same complaints AND they removed the text that says rates are up.

Top Bottom