• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

It just surprises me that there are this many folks found cheating in one form or another.

The existence of cheaters isn't my doubt, but the fact that they were able to catch that many. In other games for much longer sample period of time, folks get away with it and nothing ever seems to happen.

Kreed

It just surprises me that there are this many folks found cheating in one form or another.

The existence of cheaters isn't my doubt, but the fact that they were able to catch that many. In other games for much longer sample period of time, folks get away with it and nothing ever seems to happen.

They've also been going after people who abuse the Amazon app store coins trick (using multiple amazon accounts to get more coins/hundreds of gems). So far they've only been deleting the gems/units purchased with the gems though vs banning people.

So, what's this Victory Point thing that's coming up?

Now that FH is over, I'm going to spend the rest of my time leveling my BBs. With any luck, I can max Seria and Aisha and get SBB for Eze and Atro.

atlantos

Neo Member
I just sink 70 bucks on gems and got a bunch of heroes and need your help deciding which one to raise first. Before starting though, I got a couple of questions:

1. I know the FH is finished but how do you get involved? Do you have to be certain level to gain entry? I can not see the option anywhere in the menu to join the fun. Also, what's with this new Victory Point Tournament? How do you gain entry?

2. How do you decide on which version of the hero is the best? For example do you go with the version that screw towards particular stat or do you go for something more balanced? eg. for Eze, do you go with a breaker version or guardian version?

Now to the units:
Fire:
Beast Zegar (Anima) L20
Magma Knight Agni (Oracle) L32
Lancia (Breaker) L1
Lorand (Breaker) L1
Lorand (Oracle) L1
Drake Queen Aisha (Oracle) L61
War Demon Vishra (Anima) L1
Witch Liza (Oracle) L9
Thief Leon (Oracle) L14
Do I max level Aisha before leveling others? Is Zegar any good? Which version of Lorand is better?

Water:
Holy Ice Selena (Guardian) L44
Healer Merith (Anima) L16
Captain Mega (Anima) L1
Elimo (Anima) L1
Hail Bot Reeze (Lord) L1
Gun Lady Serin (Oracle) L49
Pirate Verica (Oracle) L28
Do I max level Selena first and trigger SSB or should I raise Elimo first? Is this a good version of Elimo? Gun Lady Serin or Hail Bot Reeze?

Plant:
Nature God Lance (Anima) L80
Time Lord Claris (Lord) L28
Wild Bandit Zaza (Guardian) L53
Titania (Guardian) L40 BBMax
Pixy King Leore (Anima) L1
Edea (Breaker) L1
Maiden Bayley (Anima) L40
Do I try to evolve Lance first? Is Maiden Bayley is the good version? What is her best version? Is Leore version any good?

Lightning:
Warrior Eze (Guardian) L1
Thunder God Eze (Breaker) L42
Commander Weiss (Guardian) L52
Advisor Weiss (Oracle) L1
High Dancer May (Oracle) L12 BBL8
Aero (Oracle) L30 BBMax
Sky Emperor Grafi (Oracle) L60
Great Falcon Ziz (Oracle) L27
Bolt Knight Amy (Guardian) L1
Is Breaker version of Eze any good? Should I abandon it and go back to Guardian version? Should I keep leveling Weiss?

Light:
Great Sage Mimir (Anima) L40 BBMax Main healer before spending 70 bucks...
Priestess Maria (Anima) L6
Angel Maria (Lord) L39
Pistol God Heidt (Lord) L41
Knight Will (Breaker) L1
Which version of Maria is better? Is there any point in leveling and evolving her?

Dark:
God Blade Mifune (Guardian) L60
Ryujin Mifune (Breaker) L42
Dark Arts Lily (Anima) L6
Hell King Hades (Anima) L1
Did I pick the wrong Mifune to evolve?

Thanks for helping in advance.

Ferga

Fire:
Keep: Lancia, Breaker Lorand, Aisha, VIshra

All of the units here are in the 'okay' tier since they have less than desired typings

Water:
Keep: Reeze, Mega, Elimo, Serin

You got god Reeze and a pretty nice typing for elimo. Mega should be getting his 6* soon so you can look up his stats to see if you want to use him in the future

Dark and Light:
None of those units are really worth keeping besides Knight Will.
People would argue the hell kind hades is worth keeping but his defense as a breaker makes him incredibly weak.

Overall, you can made a pretty nice mixed team using your choice of Reeze (leader), Vishra, aisha, lorand, mega, serin, knight will, Elimo or Lancia

Kreed

1. I know the FH is finished but how do you get involved? Do you have to be certain level to gain entry? I can not see the option anywhere in the menu to join the fun. Also, what's with this new Victory Point Tournament? How do you gain entry?

You can enter Frontier Hunter any time during the days it's running at any level. Although obviously the stronger team you have, the better you will do overall.

The Victory Point Tournament is new and wasn't even done in the Japanese version, so little information is known about it. However you need to be at least lvl 15 to enter, and players of different levels will be divided in tiers:

Tier 1: Lv 15 - Lv 24
Tier 2: Lv 25 - Lv 34
Tier 3: Lv 35 - Lv 44
Tier 4: Lv 45 - Lv 54
Tier 5: Lv 55 - Lv 74
Tier 6: Lv 75 and above

Most are assuming Victory Points will be rewarded to people for completing quests, so this will probably be a tournament to reward people for spending gems on energy.

2. How do you decide on which version of the hero is the best? For example do you go with the version that screw towards particular stat or do you go for something more balanced? eg. for Eze, do you go with a breaker version or guardian version?

If you can, try to get a version of a unit that helps balance its stats. For example, Magress has horrible recovery, so you wouldn't want an Anima Magress making his recovery even worse, vs Oracle Magress. However you also have to think about the role the character is playing. For example, healers you always want guardians so that they can have more defense against attacks.

Now to the units:
Fire:
Beast Zegar (Anima) L20
Magma Knight Agni (Oracle) L32
Lancia (Breaker) L1
Lorand (Breaker) L1
Lorand (Oracle) L1
Drake Queen Aisha (Oracle) L61
War Demon Vishra (Anima) L1
Witch Liza (Oracle) L9
Thief Leon (Oracle) L14
Do I max level Aisha before leveling others? Is Zegar any good? Which version of Lorand is better?

Don't waste any time on Zegar, Thief Leon, or Liza, These are free units which will not have stats better than the premium units you rare summoned. Lorand has bad defense, but in this case I'd go for Breaker since it's not that much of a difference, and the extra attack is useful. Keep everyone else since you can make a good fire team around these units.

Water:
Holy Ice Selena (Guardian) L44
Healer Merith (Anima) L16
Captain Mega (Anima) L1
Elimo (Anima) L1
Hail Bot Reeze (Lord) L1
Gun Lady Serin (Oracle) L49
Pirate Verica (Oracle) L28
Do I max level Selena first and trigger SSB or should I raise Elimo first? Is this a good version of Elimo? Gun Lady Serin or Hail Bot Reeze?

Drop Merith since you have Elimo, and Vercia. Keep everyone else for a water team (Reeze being a good leader in general to avoid status ailments). Elimo is better as a guardian, but if you don't have more gems to spend don't worry about it.

Nature God Lance (Anima) L80
Time Lord Claris (Lord) L28
Wild Bandit Zaza (Guardian) L53
Titania (Guardian) L40 BBMax
Pixy King Leore (Anima) L1
Edea (Breaker) L1
Maiden Bayley (Anima) L40
Do I try to evolve Lance first? Is Maiden Bayley is the good version? What is her best version? Is Leore version any good?

Breaker Bayley is the best version since her attack is lower, but since the dungeon is over, keep the one you have. You can get rid of Zaza and Titania, but I would try to farm a Guardian Claris for a mono earth team to replace the Lord one. Leore is a decent leader for non mono colored teams, particularly once global gets his 6 star form. Otherwise he's a good unit for you to build a mono earth team with.

Lightning:
Warrior Eze (Guardian) L1
Thunder God Eze (Breaker) L42
Commander Weiss (Guardian) L52
Advisor Weiss (Oracle) L1
High Dancer May (Oracle) L12 BBL8
Aero (Oracle) L30 BBMax
Sky Emperor Grafi (Oracle) L60
Great Falcon Ziz (Oracle) L27
Bolt Knight Amy (Guardian) L1
Is Breaker version of Eze any good? Should I abandon it and go back to Guardian version? Should I keep leveling Weiss?

Get rid of Grafl and Aero. Breaker Eze is better than the Guardian one. For mono Thunder purposes I would keep a Eze, May (farm Guardian), Ziz, Weiss and Amy. If you can, farm the thunder battle maiden dungeon so you can drop Weiss for Fennia (breaker).

Light:
Great Sage Mimir (Anima) L40 BBMax Main healer before spending 70 bucks...
Priestess Maria (Anima) L6
Angel Maria (Lord) L39
Pistol God Heidt (Lord) L41
Knight Will (Breaker) L1
Which version of Maria is better? Is there any point in leveling and evolving her?

Mimir is better than Maria, even with Maria's 4 star form (Mimir will be getting 4 star), so I'd drop Maria and get a Guardian Mimir when possible. You will need more light units before you could attempt to build a light team around these guys though.

Dark:
God Blade Mifune (Guardian) L60
Ryujin Mifune (Breaker) L42
Dark Arts Lily (Anima) L6
Hell King Hades (Anima) L1
Did I pick the wrong Mifune to evolve?

Not enough units to make a good dark team, but for now I would focus on Hades. Mifune has horrible defense so Guardian is fine, although you will want to dump him for better rare summon dark units once you get them.

Ignoring mono teams, as Ferga mentioned you can make a great rainbow/multi type team with Reeze as your lead to block status ailments, mixing in your rare summon united and premium healers depending on the opponent.

Credo

After spending all of yesterday's energy on farming units for Felneus's BB and then spending roughly 300,000 zel fusing them, I managed to make his BB rise 4 points. Those burst frogs are reeeeeally tempting right now.

MicH

Gah, I can't get an Anima Thunder Maiden. I've gotten two Oracle, a Lord and a Guardian. I guess I'll keep The Lord and fuse the others

Does type matter THAT much? Serious question. Like how much does it really matter. Will it keep me from completing things?

Depends on the unit. For something like Eze, he has really low REC, so a type like Anima which hurts his rec even more, he's almost unusable. For others, the right type is a nice to have, but not a huge deal. Tree, for example, is great no matter which type you get.

You can also make up the difference for not-ideal types with spheres. For example, Charge Stone is great for Eze, since it ups his REC, and I'm using Hero Stone on my Anima Eze to help boost his REC when his BB gauge is high. It doesn't make him better than if he were to have ideal typing, but it at least offsets his weakness and makes him usable*.

*I don't really use him much because I have better units, but he is still a valuable asset—especially since I plan to give Karl another go soon.

blackflag

Well, here's an experiment you can try. Take your Anima Eze into a dungeon, get him down to low HP, and see how many potions it takes to heal him :p

Haha I've never even used him.

Got my
Felneus to 85
Evil Blades Logan to 80
Bolt magus rashil to 62

But I ran out of metal keys.

Next gotta work on my Serin's and Reeze.

Chars with incredibly low rec such anima Eze/Magress/Lance/Will should be using soul spears.

But that's the thing, they're gimped as it is, so you have to gimp them even more by using a gimped sphere to make up for their weakness. You might as well just use a different unit that can equip a good sphere to make its strong points even stronger. For F2P this isn't always viable and you have to make do with what you have, but reading back through some posts I got the impression the poster had other units at his disposal and it was just a matter of building the best team. If that's the case, just use a different unit with a good sphere, and wait until you pull an Eze through honor summon or get one the next time the starter dungeons come around.

atlantos

Neo Member
You can enter Frontier Hunter any time during the days it's running at any level. Although obviously the stronger team you have, the better you will do overall.

The Victory Point Tournament is new and wasn't even done in the Japanese version, so little information is known about it. However you need to be at least lvl 15 to enter, and players of different levels will be divided in tiers:

Tier 1: Lv 15 - Lv 24
Tier 2: Lv 25 - Lv 34
Tier 3: Lv 35 - Lv 44
Tier 4: Lv 45 - Lv 54
Tier 5: Lv 55 - Lv 74
Tier 6: Lv 75 and above

Most are assuming Victory Points will be rewarded to people for completing quests, so this will probably be a tournament to reward people for spending gems on energy.

So which menu do you go through to get to the tournaments like FH and BP?

Also, are the starters any good to evolve to 6 star and max their BB and trigger their SSB?

I run lthe lightning maiden L3 like 6 or 7 times now... no drop.. is this dungeon particularly low drop?

So Reeze is god tier? I did not know that... what other heroes are highly regarded? I know tree is one of them...

Draxal

But that's the thing, they're gimped as it is, so you have to gimp them even more by using a gimped sphere to make up for their weakness. You might as well just use a different unit that can equip a good sphere to make its strong points even stronger. For F2P this isn't always viable and you have to make do with what you have, but reading back through some posts I got the impression the poster had other units at his disposal and it was just a matter of building the best team. If that's the case, just use a different unit with a good sphere, and wait until you pull an Eze through honor summon or get one the next time the starter dungeons come around.

Well, I'd rather use a soul spear than a muramasa. I mean sure a Medulla Gem is better, but it's not like they throw those at you.

Draxal

Also, are the starters any good to evolve to 6 star and max their BB and trigger their SSB?

I run lthe lightning maiden L3 like 6 or 7 times now... no drop.. is this dungeon particularly low drop?

So Reeze is god tier? I did not know that... what other heroes are highly regarded? I know tree is one of them...

RNG streaks. I"ve gotten about 6 out of 12-13 runs for the lightning maiden, but for the water maiden I went 0-16 then 2-27 than 7-40 ish.

Best units currently out right now.

Leviathan/Loch Ness/Malnaplis/Felneus (his six star form is a great leader even in Japan BF)
Douglas (his 5 star form sucks, but his upcoming six star form is the best sub unit in the game).
Serin (the water maiden's hit count is really good making her fifth star the best sub unit in the game right now, but it's doubtful that she'll ever get a six star and Six Star Douglas blows her away).
Kikuri (was the queen of brave frontier for the last couple of months, but the meta's turning away from her now with Serin's release and Douglas's six star, but she'll still good).
Sefia (not as good as Kikuri especially in pve, but she'll murder Kikuri in arena and get murdered by her as well).
The Premium healers (Elimo/Tree/Lancia/Rashill, with Phoenix and Tiara slightly beneath them).

SGX will get a six star that's really good, but he's not optimal now and his six star is along time away unlike Douglas.

FH is done through the Imperial City Randall from the Main Screen and its the top most option (next to the run to get keys).

Soul Spear is by no means a gimp sphere. I have one on my Breaker Rickel, and it really helps alleviate her sudden death syndrome.

So I'm still learning and having fun but I really need friends that will actually send gifts and stuff, so if anyone playing on here wants a new friend my code is... 0839663355

Also, I have that free Metal God [I think] to give away so I guess first to quote this and give me their code can have it.

chrono01

Pulled twice hoping to get a decent healer. First one, I received a Lancia. \(^_^)/

...Then I saw that she was a Breaker... (~_~)

Seriously, it's difficult enough to get that Unit you've been after, having the luck to get it with the type you want is even more painful. :/

Oh well, a Breaker Lancia is better than no Lancia at all.

Kreed

The starters currently are the only units in Global to have the 50% attack + 10% HP for mono units with their 6 star forms. The other mono leads will be getting additional boosts once they get their 6 star forms in Global (Mega, Lorand), but it's for different stats and you may not want to wait that long.

I got lucky with the Lightning Maiden, but in general the drop rates can suck even at lvl 3. Lico was easily the worst.

Reeze is valuable for her leader skill. Status effects make some dungeons much harder than they are without the threat of them, so being immune to them in addition to not having to carry items to counter them is helpful, but it's case by case. A dungeon where there are no status effects or the status effects really aren't a hindrance to your team, then she is less useful as a lead.

Draxal answered the other questions.

blackflag

Breaker Elimo...is that terrible?
Also got a lord and breaker lancia

And another leviathon. Is it worth having 2 Felneus or should I feed him when his bb level gets stuck at like 9?

Is Loch good? I didn't get that one.

Credo

I'm not sure if BB skillup rates have improved recently, but I had the most insane luck ever recently. I got 5 units from level 1 to level 10 in probably less than 400 total energy. (3 of those 50 BB levels came from Burst Frogs). I've heard horror stories of people fusing 150-200 units just to get a single skillup before.

This was yesterday for me. All of yesterday's energy was spent farming units for Felneus's BB and he didn't gain a single point. He's been stuck on level 8 for over a day, and if the same thing happens again today I'm Burst Froggin it.

Draxal

Only the status effect is random. It still hits all targets, still has 16 hits. Sounds like one of the strongest to me.

Nah, it's like Douglas's BB and the Bahamut line BB.

5 Star Douglas

Brave Burst: Genocidal Grit (Offense)
15 combo Earth elemental random power attack on all enemies

5 Star Vanila.

Brave Burst: Ground Zero (Offense)
16 combo powerful Light elemental random attack on all enemies with probable random status effect

Nah, it's like Douglas's BB and the Bahamut line BB.

5 Star Douglas

Brave Burst: Genocidal Grit (Offense)
15 combo Earth elemental random power attack on all enemies

5 Star Vanila.

Brave Burst: Ground Zero (Offense)
16 combo powerful Light elemental random attack on all enemies with probable random status effect

Am i missing something? That's not weak at all. Lico is weak because its single target. Bayley and the thunder ones are weak because of low hit count. Conversely, cayena and serin are strong because multi target and high hit count. Vanila is multi target high hit count. What part is weak?

Draxal

Am i missing something? That's not weak at all. Lico is weak because its single target. Bayley and the thunder ones are weak because of low hit count. Conversely, cayena and serin are strong because multi target and high hit count. Vanila is multi target high hit count. What part is weak?

Let's say there's 5 mobs, one with low hp (let's say its something that hits relatively hard like a pot).

Bayley's Aoe hits each mob six times resulting in 30 hits overall, mob dies.
Lico's single target hits the threat mob nine times, it dies.
Vanila's random aoe only hits that mob three times out of the 16 over all hits, it doesn't die.

The high hit count is actually useful in single target fights, because that's when you can predict that every hit actually hits the mob you want to hit.

Its why the Bahamut and Douglas chain were considered weak until Douglas's SBB (which hits every mob 30 times).

The way the description is written, it sounds like she hits all enemies 16 times. However, fighting her in her dungeon, I think Draxal is right about it being 16 hits randomly distributed between all targets.

It's cute how her hair gets progressively longer as she evolves, though. If nothing else, she's at least the best looking Battle Maiden.

Kreed

Breaker Elimo...is that terrible?
Also got a lord and breaker lancia

And another leviathon. Is it worth having 2 Felneus or should I feed him when his bb level gets stuck at like 9?

Is Loch good? I didn't get that one.

Breaker Healers are less desirable because you want as high defense as possible against attacks since they will mostly be defending/you don't want them to die. But if you don't have the gems to roll for more, keep them because they are still great healers. You can get rid of Breaker Lancia and keep the Lord one.

I don't see the need for two Leviathans unless you're short on mono water units. You will only need one Felneus for his leader skill if you're trying to do the infinite BB trick.

Loch is good if you need a mono lightning leader/a good lightning sub, but not worth worry about.

Let's say there's 5 mobs, one with low hp (let's say its something that hits relatively hard like a pot).

Bayley's Aoe hits each mob six times resulting in 30 hits overall, mob dies.
Lico's single target hits the threat mob nine times, it dies.
Vanila's random aoe only hits that mob three times out of the 16 over all hits, it doesn't die.

The high hit count is actually useful in single target fights, because that's when you can predict that every hit actually hits the mob you want to hit.

Its why the Bahamut and Douglas chain were considered weak until Douglas's SBB (which hits every mob 30 times).

Is that actually how it works? The wording sounds like it hits every mob 16x, where each enemy hit might end up with a random status effect

blackflag

Breaker Healers are less desirable because you want as high defense as possible against attacks since they will mostly be defending/you don't want them to die. But if you don't have the gems to roll for more, keep them because they are still great healers. You can get rid of Breaker Lancia and keep the Lord one.

I don't see the need for two Leviathans unless you're short on mono water units. You will only need one Felneus for his leader skill if you're trying to do the infinite BB trick.

Loch is good if you need a mono lightning leader/a good lightning sub, but not worth worry about.

Thanks man, I have a few gems I might try for a different Elimo.

Edit: got Anima

Hung Wei Lo

oh god this new maiden...so far:

Lvl 3 - 0/4
Lvl 2 - 0/2
Lvl 1 - 0/2

Went 1/30 for the Fennia - and my one (L) was from lvl 1 *sigh*

Can't wait to get every element except fire on Tuesday...no evo's for me 3 weeks straight..at least there's Hello Hero to keep my sanity (for now)

edit - oops, forgot to put my question - should I even bother with her, or be happy with my serins/cayennas? no "gotta catch 'em all" syndrome here

Decided to give Karl another go, and i beat him with 1 team. Here was my setup:

(*) Holy Thunder Eze[L] [100/100] BB Charge Stone
Bolt Goddess Amy(G) [77/80] BB1 Medulla Gem
Zeus Bow Loch(O) [80/80] BB5 Sacred Jewel
Bolt Magus Rashil(A) [80/80] BB1 Sacred Jewel
Royal Dancer May(A) [40/40] BB10 Holy Crown
(Helper) Holy Thunder Eze [100/100] SBB5 ?

Item set:
Cure, High Cure, Fujin, Thunder Ore, Thunder Seal

May almost died on the second round of the fight, so i would recommend a Flesh Armor were i to do it again.

TimeKillr

So well I figured I should get the Light Maiden, even though her BB is weak and stuff, since she'll be rounding out my Light farming team for St. Lamia... It sucks a bit that her BB is weak but hey.

Essentially, that team will be
Pistol God Heidt
Light Maiden (currently 5-star Vargas)
Holy Champion Aem
Blade Queen Sefia (max BB too!)
Centurion Melchio

It absolutely annihilates the stage, so it's pretty simple. I used to run a healer in there but it's not necessary anymore.

I got the Anima Light Maiden too, so I'm happy about that. We'll see how weak she ends up being, and see if she replacers Heidt in 1-healer teams (usually I run 2 max BB fully evolved Mimirs + Aem + Sefia + Melchio, since Melchio's BB is stupidly useful and I can spam it every 3 turns making me fully immune to status ailments).

oracrest

This game is fun. Like others said, Valkyrie profile lite. Is like to add some gaffers. I will find out my friend info and do the google doc update when I'm not on my phone.

Draxal

New Units in the Japanese Version.

http://appinvasion.com/threads/new-rare-units.80314/

These are pretty strong (same cost as the Lunaris and Zephyr tiers). They're apparently like the Michelle tier (but are stronger due to power creep).

Big thing about these guys though is that they add the element that they're weak to their party in their bb.

.ie The fire witch bb adds the lightning element to her teams attacks.

Kreed

New Units in the Japanese Version.

http://appinvasion.com/threads/new-rare-units.80314/

These are pretty strong (same cost as the Lunaris and Zephyr tiers). They're apparently like the Michelle tier (but are stronger due to power creep).

Big thing about these guys though is that they add the element that they're weak to their party in their bb.

.ie The fire witch bb adds the lightning element to her teams attacks.

So there's no point to Melchio and Friends after we get this set?

Stimpack

I guess these new units are the ones that I was told about. When will we be getting them, does anyone know? The server seems to be down now, so maybe it's updating it as I type this.

MicH

Just pulled another Eze from honor summon. It's oracle, but I already have a near-maxed 6-star Guardian one. Is it worth leveling this guy up too?

Top Bottom