• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

so hows this game been?

kinda quit after being annoyed that BB spam is pretty much the only efficient build and also you can spend $100+ without getting new units even during increased rate (i feel like their rng needs to be a bit more lenient).

also, it would require a hell lot of grinding for me to get enough space to level up all my guys to 6 star... :(

Did they streamline/address any of my issues?

Draxal

so hows this game been?

kinda quit after being annoyed that BB spam is pretty much the only efficient build and also you can spend $100+ without getting new units even during increased rate (i feel like their rng needs to be a bit more lenient).

also, it would require a hell lot of grinding for me to get enough space to level up all my guys to 6 star... :(

Did they streamline/address any of my issues?

I quit for a while due to the same reason (leveling and bb leveling is annnoying), but I was logging in just so my daily bonus wouldn't reset.

BB spam is not the only efficient build, it's really strong but mono color is still a very strong build.

They had a super metal parade last week and they have introduced crystal gods which make leveling slightly less a pain, but bb grinding makes me want to stab my eyes.

They constantly introduce new units that are always better and better, so when you pull the pool of bad units shrinks, and that's not including the usual new pulls get a bonus up.

Phades

My daily quest thing seems pretty rough today energy wise. Evolve 3 units and quest in Amdhal/Encervis.

In order to evolve stuff I already got, I need totems and miracle totems, then farm level 2 mimics (minimum energy investment >187). Alternatively, farm idols (RNG ahoy!) and bring stuff up in level from 1 to 40~60. Not sure I can do all that in 1 day. On the plus side, i already have the zel to do it, but still... That one seems a touch silly being combined with another that requires 5 runs of quests in the 12~14 energy range.

Shouta

Ugh. Had to reformat phone during a downgrade and Lost my data. Hopefully support can do something. Thankfully, I had my ID number

My daily quest thing seems pretty rough today energy wise. Evolve 3 units and quest in Amdhal/Encervis.

In order to evolve stuff I already got, I need totems and miracle totems, then farm level 2 mimics (minimum energy investment >187). Alternatively, farm idols (RNG ahoy!) and bring stuff up in level from 1 to 40~60. Not sure I can do all that in 1 day. On the plus side, i already have the zel to do it, but still... That one seems a touch silly being combined with another that requires 5 runs of quests in the 12~14 energy range.

I have a whole bunch of starters who are sitting at level 1, and I have stupid amounts of Spirits sitting around.

It takes very little XP to get a starter from level 1 to 12, and not much Zel to evolve, so that's my plan for now.

Evolve 3 units is way out of line with the other possible daily tasks though, and generally out of line with people's normal playstyle. Well, out of line unless Gumi thought people would enjoy evolving 3 slimes to King Slimes every time this stupid task came up.

Phades

I have a whole bunch of starters who are sitting at level 1, and I have stupid amounts of Spirits sitting around.

It takes very little XP to get a starter from level 1 to 12, and not much Zel to evolve, so that's my plan for now.

Evolve 3 units is way out of line with the other possible daily tasks though, and generally out of line with people's normal playstyle. Well, out of line unless Gumi thought people would enjoy evolving 3 slimes to King Slimes every time this stupid task came up.

I was actually suggesting to someone else to use yesterday's quota of 20 fusions to use slimes with each other to save zell rather than forcing the issue with low level captures + their current characters bankrupting them.

I may end up doing that for my 3rd evolution, since a single elemental nymph isn't hard to farm for and leveling up from 1-12 on captures I get from the required 5 runs of the higher level dungeons might be able to accomodate for that.

Draxal

Evolving metal mimics is the new annoying gold sink/metal sync. Unfortunately the amazon version doesn't have dailies in game yet.

Kreed

Has anyone attempted Ignia Cavern? That Slime boss (grass) is ridiculous.

1- It has a move that drains the BB gauge of characters
2- Does Status Effects (poison, shield break, etc...)
3- At 50% health he gets a damage reduction shield that drops your damage into the single digits, even with a "ignore defense" leader.
4- After a certain number of turns he does a move that does multiple 1000 hits and will basically kill you.

From what I've read online the only way to beat him is either using poison once he puts the shield or a lead like Zebra to kill him before he puts the shield up.

Phades

Has anyone attempted Ignia Cavern? That Slime boss (grass) is ridiculous.

1- It has a move that drains the BB gauge of characters
2- Does Status Effects (poison, shield break, etc...)
3- At 50% health he gets a damage reduction shield that drops your damage into the single digits, even with a "ignore defense" leader.
4- After a certain number of turns he does a move that does multiple 1000 hits and will basically kill you.

From what I've read online the only way to beat him is either using poison once he puts the shield or a lead like Zebra to kill him before he puts the shield up.
From what I've read about elsewhere, it sounds like you have the fight described accurately.

I don't know if there is a secondary gimmick ot the fight or not. There are spheres that return damage when the character is hit (% chance IIRC) and could be a solution when combined with angel idols (prevents death from a single attack). What I have read though, is that the spheres that apply posion are not a reliable or even advisable method of delivering the status effect to the target at all.

Faster they're catching up.

I see, so you are thinking sometime next week this will happen then roughly? I just recall the dragon mimics existing, but not being required for anything for a while and that just left me confused.

blackflag

Caught Grahdens today. Currently he is lvl 77 BBlvl2 w/ Medulla Gem. I have a few spots open, so add me if you need him to help you get Grahdens yourself. Be sure to have "GAF" in your comment.

Game ID: 89589649

Thanks for the help. Got mine. I have like 3 slots if anyone needs help he'll be my leader when I'm not actively playing.

If I'm full let me know I can probably drop a few.

My main squad at the moment.
X495lxf.png
Out of jewel keys and I need zel to evolve Alma to her last form. Same with Kushra.

Completed all of FH and got every prize except limbo stone on entrance. This really is Douglas Frontier.

I even managed to get the Limbo Stone.

Be Warned that Karl and Seria is one of the 5th waves on End, and Karl has his Blue Execution attack(at 25% health it seemed). It's weaker than the trial Karl version but it still killed a 7200 health Douglas in one hit.

Draxal

I even managed to get the Limbo Stone.

Be Warned that Karl and Seria is one of the 5th waves on End, and Karl has his Blue Execution attack(at 25% health it seemed). It's weaker than the trial Karl version but it still killed a 7200 health Douglas in one hit.

Are you using an Elimo or Tree as a healer right now? Trying to think which is more valuable (def/shield or the immunity to paralyze/curse).

Lan_97

Yea I ran into this. Didn't realize it happened until I looked at my phone only to see 2 units left standing. I think I still managed to pull off 1.14 mil on that run.

The team I'm currently running with is
Grah Lead
Douglas 3x
Serin
Grah/Felneus friend

Marauders set. Use fujin potions immediately on Douglas, this will net 200+k points from the first wave and instantly build bb momentum.

Are you using an Elimo or Tree as a healer right now? Trying to think which is more valuable (def/shield or the immunity to paralyze/curse).

I am using a Tree. The fire and forget immunity to statuses makes the tree the single best healer in the game IMO. Total status immunity without having to waste a leader skill? Yes please.

Phades

I'm glad they decided to do FH. I really could use the burst frogs to get more units into the SBB range.

Since I have neither douglas or serin, getting rank 3 seems impossible though unfortunately. I'm hoping the status effect waves aren't too silly this go around, since I still don't have a tree or melchio either. Karl will probably be the dead end fight for me too. I seriously doubt I can beat him with a fire team (thunder team is coming along, but it isn't ready yet). ><;

blackflag

I only have 1 dougy but I got over a million. Unfortunately it's not going to be enough for top 10,000 so I'll keep trying.

Felneus
Dougy
Serin
Serin
Elimo

Kreed

Finally managed to beat Karl using a friend's 6 star Loch with my mono lightning team and dumping the status immunity leader approach (should have done this a long time ago). How much harder would you guys say Grah is than Karl.

Draxal

Finally managed to beat Karl using a friend's 6 star Loch with my mono lightning team and dumping the status immunity leader approach (should have done this a long time ago). How much harder would you guys say Grah is than Karl.

I had more trouble with Grah, than Karl, but some find it easier. I probably choose the wrong team for Grah though (I chose my mono dark team as I wanted Logan's self healing bb).

lordcyno

Didn't have any problems getting all the rewards using 2 Kikuri, 2 Alice, Serin.

Not sure if I want to continue grinding it everyday because it's always gotten tedious by the end.

So the new Lunaris batch is out. I think I'll refrain from this bunch cause I have most of them on my JP account and I don't want my accounts to overlap in characters. If you're itching to pull though Rina and Lully are awesome units.

You know, after all the months of trying to capture rare/limited units, and sometimes failing, I'm glad we can get a break aside from doing frontier hunter.

I haven't cleared the first world/region in forever.
And after getting pots and totems, some of my best teams are long overdue for an evolve.

What's the easiest way to get a high score on FH? Is it the amount of sparks or least amount of turns to kill them? Almost got 400k on the 2nd area. Well, on my first summon, got Dark Charm Lunaris, Anima type. Just what I wanted :)
Now just to level her up and whenever we get the 6 star form over here.

The two main strategies are overkill or sparks.

For overkill you want as high of ATK characters as you can get, and probably want Crit spheres/leader abilities.

For sparks you want as high hit count characters as you can get, and want your ATK as low as possible. Spheres generally related to Brave Burst bonuses.

In both cases survival is key so the spheres and leadership abilities can be trumped by defensive spheres if needed.

The rest of it is luck. You'll never get good point totals out of a Mandragora -> Vargas -> Lugina set of enemies.

Kreed

Probably won't be able to get my account back so I'm just giving up on the game. Oh well.

What's the issue? They can't find your account? I would think they would be able to track you since I believe you said you did the Amazon coins promotion a while back.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Completed all of FH and got every prize except limbo stone on entrance. This really is Douglas Frontier.

You don't need Douglas to do well in FH, though. I'm not using him and had no problem reaching 1m. If you have Felneus leaders and high hit units, that's all you need.

Phades

You don't need Douglas to do well in FH, though. I'm not using him and had no problem reaching 1m. If you have Felneus leaders and high hit units, that's all you need.

I can't hit numbers that high with 1 felenus. I dunno if 2 would make a difference or not.

Lugina still has the capability to just decide "Yep, yer dead" and totally hose your point total for a run.

I mean, if a 8300 health 1800ish defense unit under a defense potion can't survive his AoE barrage, who can? And since it's not tied to a round or event it's not like you can guard through it.

I suppose you could double Grah it, but that totally kills your point total anyway.

Top Bottom