• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

Quick BB fill units like Lira and Faron are more beneficial in the Arena where quickly activating your BB skill is important (Lira and Lilith have saved me against surprise Kiriki/Serin teams a couple of times now).

I'm just finding it strange in arena that the farther I go in it, the more each match is decided on the first round. The BB that gets used/doesn't get used, seems largely sitting on the sidelines unless referencing team wipe sans 1 2hp character who randomly decides to blow their load. Lots of times characters never get the chance to act if they are defending, never mind build BB or even require a BB being used on them. Even if the BB were disabled completely, it wouldn't make a difference in most of the matches I win or lose. Torpedo my vargas and Lava the first round? Ok, GG because I'm not coming back from that and you are going to kill my Vishnu and Cayena in the next round anyhow without using the BB you have charged up as a result of the first round kills...

Quick BB fill units like Lira and Faron are more beneficial in the Arena where quickly activating your BB skill is important (Lira and Lilith have saved me against surprise Kiriki/Serin teams a couple of times now).

Serin and Cayena fill up BB skill as fast as Lira and Falron.

Faster if you use lots of them because Lira and Falron don't have enough hits to generate lots of crystals.

Which is exactly my point.

My Omni Gizmo/Evil Sharded up high hit count units(based on Serin, Kikuri, and Felneus) routinely has 4 BBs ready to go on the 2nd turn. Frequently all 5.

The fact that Lira or Falron can do that too is irrelevant. Why would I spend a bunch of gems to get the same effect that I already have?

And there are a couple of 4x Lira parties in my Arena range. They are total jokes, because Lira generates so...few...crystals.

Draxal

This tier isn't great in five star form, but when it hits their six star with SBB they blow away Serin and Cayena in pve.

Apparently the new light unit they released in JP is Douglas meets Sefia.

blackflag

I tried Lira in Arena but quickly removed her. Her BB fills every single turn but it doesn't hit that hard. Unlike Serin who basically decimates any team on turn 2.

Kreed

Serin and Cayena fill up BB skill as fast as Lira and Falron.

Faster if you use lots of them because Lira and Falron don't have enough hits to generate lots of crystals.

Which is exactly my point.

My Omni Gizmo/Evil Sharded up high hit count units(based on Serin, Kikuri, and Felneus) routinely has 4 BBs ready to go on the 2nd turn. Frequently all 5.

The fact that Lira or Falron can do that too is irrelevant. Why would I spend a bunch of gems to get the same effect that I already have?

And there are a couple of 4x Lira parties in my Arena range. They are total jokes, because Lira generates so...few...crystals.

Serin and Cayena generate more crystals due to having higher combos, but their BB meters require 24 Crystals, whereas Lira only requires 16 and Lilith 14.

That said I'm not comparing a Felneus lead team of Serin/Cayenas to a team of 4 5-Star Liras. Like you said that's a joke. IMO units like Lira and Lilith are better paired up with high combo units like Serin to generate crystals so their BB gauges are more likely to fill up on the first turn in the arena.

However even if you still aren't sold on them as they are now, some of your complaints about these units are addressed by their 6 star forms (Lira's SBB combo goes up to 13, Faron's goes up to 12 and he gets 300% attack, and Lilith gets a SBB that instantly refills every time she uses it).

This tier isn't great in five star form, but when it hits their six star with SBB they blow away Serin and Cayena in pve.

Apparently the new light unit they released in JP is Douglas meets Sefia.

This is making the huge assumption that Serin and Cayena will not receive 6 star forms.

Serin and Cayena generate more crystals due to having higher combos, but their BB meters require 24 Crystals, whereas Lira only requires 16 and Lilith 14.
Serin does 13 hits towards 24 crystals, Lira does 6 hits towards 16. Serin is just flat better pretty much no matter how you look at it.

A 6 star form might make Lira more appealing, but Lira won't be all that great by that point with stat inflation anyway.

My point isn't that Lira is particularly bad, my point is that Lira's niche role in Japan was destroyed by Gumi's global units. And I still believe that. Lira still reduces the odds you'll get a Great Falcon Ziz or Sky Knight Falma, so she still makes the summon gate odds better at least.

If I was playing the JP version at this point, summons in an attempt to get Lira would be worthwhile. With the Global version they aren't IMO.

Draxal

This is making the huge assumption that Serin and Cayena will not receive 6 star forms.

The Oboro/Alma tier hasn't received them yet in Japan, nor did the goddesses or the Square collab fremium units. Lira's Six star form is coming out sometime soon. It really doesn't look like the "free" units are getting six star forms anytime soon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The Oboro/Alma tier hasn't received them yet in Japan, nor did the goddesses or the Square collab fremium units. Lira's Six star form is coming out sometime soon. It really doesn't look like the "free" units are getting six star forms anytime soon.

I would be pretty surprised if Serin and company get six star forms. They are already some of the best units in the game. If they upgrade them, then why would people pay money, ever?

Phades

I would be pretty surprised if Serin and company get six star forms. They are already some of the best units in the game. If they upgrade them, then why would people pay money, ever?

They release something that hard/soft counters high hit count characters.

I don't think I can do the sibyl sisters thing.
Even my best team is too weak to beat the fire one (lv 3) without having to use one gem to finish the job.

I'll just go ahead and keep doing the metal parades to strengthen my units. I was able to get some pots yesterday and I'll need those along with tomorrow's totems to evolve.

Dreavus

I don't think I can do the sibyl sisters thing.
Even my best team is too weak to beat the fire one (lv 3) without having to use one gem to finish the job.

I'll just go ahead and keep doing the metal parades to strengthen my units. I was able to get some pots yesterday and I'll need those along with tomorrow's totems to evolve.

I think I'm in a similar spot. I've never attempted totems, but I'm sitting on multiple lvl 60 4-stars who are going to need them very soon!

Lomax

The Super Metal Parade doesn't seem worth it honestly. Almost three times the cost, and I just don't feel like I'm getting Gods at three times the rate. Yeah it's nice not having to mess with the ghosts, but those 7-8 ghosts are basically free in terms of energy expenditure. Though I guess you can chew through runs by spending gems much faster in an hour, so that's going to be a benefit to big spenders.

Dreavus

The Super Metal Parade doesn't seem worth it honestly. Almost three times the cost, and I just don't feel like I'm getting Gods at three times the rate. Yeah it's nice not having to mess with the ghosts, but those 7-8 ghosts are basically free in terms of energy expenditure. Though I guess you can chew through runs by spending gems much faster in an hour, so that's going to be a benefit to big spenders.

I was under 1000 XP away for a level up so I went for it twice. Got pretty lucky with a few crystals.

Doing it at least once gets you a gem for "completion" too.

In my 5 runs I got 3 Crystals, 13 Gods, and only 9 Kings.

There's no way I'd get that much from 13 ( and 1/3rd ) normal metal parades.

Credo

I think Brave Frontier is starting to lose its hold on me. I'm done with the new quests, can't even get Karl below 25% despite spending 1.5 million leveling up lightning types, and I'm burned out from spending hours doing repeated god runs.

Does anyone have any recommendations for another mobile game to play? My friend recommended Chaos Drive, but the UI was so hard to get past that I deleted it.

Lomax

In three runs I got 2 Gods and all the rest Kings. Seems like we're on opposite ends of the spectrum. Really seems like each run should have at least a guaranteed God or Crystal as the final fight.

There's a spacial "Light and Dark" Totem event going on now until the end of the day!
Each of the two dungeons respectively earn you a Light or Dark Totem at the end of the levels.
Warning: You'll also run into a random totem midboss. You'll likely run into some trouble here, but it also means you can capture it.

I think Brave Frontier is starting to lose its hold on me. I'm done with the new quests, can't even get Karl below 25% despite spending 1.5 million leveling up lightning types, and I'm burned out from spending hours doing repeated god runs.

Does anyone have any recommendations for another mobile game to play? My friend recommended Chaos Drive, but the UI was so hard to get past that I deleted it.

love live. puzzle dragon system but rhythm game that is just skill based and not money based.

also idols.

There's a spacial "Light and Dark" Totem event going on now until the end of the day!
Each of the two dungeons respectively earn you a Light or Dark Totem at the end of the levels.
Warning: There's also a chance of running into a random totem midboss. You'll likely run into some trouble here, but it also means you can capture it.

Finally got light totems for my light crew. Did 4 runs probably get 2 more in and call it a good day. Sefia, Sodis and Melchio finally getting their upgrade... so happy.

Kreed

Finally got light totems for my light crew. Did 4 runs probably get 2 more in and call it a good day. Sefia, Sodis and Melchio finally getting their upgrade... so happy.

I made sure to do enough runs to cover all my light/dark monsters and any potential 6 star forms. I wish they'd just add the dungeons to the regular Totem rotation though.

Phades

Yep. The super parade is far more worth it in every way. The exp to energy is better, the amount of time spent inside the dungeon is less (higher energy cost = fewer runs), so you are less likely to run out of time. The odds of getting crystals and gods are way higher and you get no trash units.

I did 7 runs myself, got 6 crystals (3 in the same run), 12 gods (nearly averaging 2 per run), and the rest were kings. What I have noticed though, is that the normal parade runs have been total crap since then sadly. I don't think i've had quite this many 4/1 spirit/other or 5/0 runs before. I got more done in a couple hours of super parades than I have in the last week roughly of normal ones.

Draxal

I've been trying this out for a couple of hours on the recommendation of a friend and had three questions. Note that these are not statements about how the game is built up or whether it's a flaw/unacceptable or whatever, I just want to know whether my premature assessment is incorrect. I'm incredibly new, so I possess very limited information about the game, which is why I ask for enlightenment.

- Is gem acquisition through in-game modes (excluding rare events) extremely difficult and/or limited unless you make use of IAP? If not, what would these methods be?
- If yes, does this mean that a player with bad luck could use their initial collection of rare gems and draw low quality units (or units with poor typing) and be put at a severe disadvantage from that point on? I've been consistently coming across people saying things along the lines of "Damn it, I had bad luck. Had to factory reset my phone in order to try again because gems are so incredibly limited".
- Does the game in general greatly push the player towards making IAP in order to make proper use of its events or elements and in order to keep up or is it still relatively balanced between the paying and non-paying customers?

Gem acquisition is rare. Typings really don't matter too much, and since they constantly introduce new units all the time that are more powerful than the older bunch it's getting harder and harder to draw a garbage unit since you are likelier to draw a new unit. And yes, the game's an IAP trap that's getting more and more shameless imho.

Shouta

Game gives gems often enough that the initial set + the ones you get periodically should give you a pretty decent spread of units. Most are getting higher end evolutions too so older ones aren't sitting in storage for too long.

On that note, I just pushed Mega to 6 stars a little while ago. That puts me at 6 star Selena, 6 Star Mega (leader), 5 Star Serin, 5 Star Elimo, and 5 Star Sergio because my other, multi-hit burst 5 stars cost too much, for a single party at the moment.

Working on mono colors for other teams as well and raising the strongest for a rainbow team to boot.

Draxal

Got unlazy and finally beat Karl on first attempt. Dark got him into 2/3 way into super saiyan and my thunder team did the rest.

Looks like Grahdens will be coming out tomorrow and he's going to be pretty tough.

Lan_97

Finally worked up to Demon rank in Arena for the medulla gem. A 5x Serin team pretty much took me from 20k to 205k. I avoided mono thunder leads early on and eventually had to start avoiding bb spam leads (mainly fel, duelmex, serin) too.

commish

First attempt at Grah...uh... at 40% he becomes wtf hard. Not sure what to do. Time to change up the team!

Phades

Folks have already beat grah using BB spam teams essentially. copypasta of a guide i saw elsewhere....

http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/2a8qch/official_grah_achievement_mega_thread/

Active entire battle

•Angel Idol buff.

•Single-target dark elemental attack that inflicts injury and weakness.

•AoE fire elemental attack.

•AoE water elemental attack.

•AoE earth elemental attack.

•AoE thunder elemental attack.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100% HP

•Guard on the first turn. DO NOT try using a fujin and Damage Reduction buff, it will not work.

•Powerful AoE dark elemental attack:

•100% of your unit's total HP if you don't guard.

•55% of your unit's total HP if you guard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

< 100% HP

•On the 5th turn:

•Debuffs your units by lowering their attack (wears off at < 75% HP).

•Light attribute buff (wears off at < 75% HP).

•3 turn heal over time buff.

< 75% HP

•Guard on 5 units while the 6th unit lowers Grah below 75% HP.

•100% of your unit's total HP if you don't guard.

•55% of your unit's total HP if you guard.

•When to guard:* http://i.imgur.com/7nGlJ91.png

< 40% HP

•Attack buff (wears off at < 20% HP).

•Single-target dark elemental attack that inflicts paralysis.

•Single-target thunder elemental attack that inflicts paralysis.

•Single-target earth elemental attack that inflicts weakness.

•Guard on 5 units while the 6th unit lowers Grah below 40% HP.

•Moderate AoE dark elemental attack.

•6,660 damage if you don't guard.

•3,330 damage if you guard

When to guard: http://i.imgur.com/TIMZ3Tf.png

< 20% HP

< 15% HP

•Attack and defense buff (wears off at < 5% HP).

•Light attribute buff (wears off at < 5% HP).

< 5% HP

•Defense buff.

0% HP

•If your current squad is your only squad or last squad remaining then heal at least one unit to 5,001+ HP and guard, while all remaining units lowers Grah to 0% HP.

•9,999 damage if you don't guard.

•5,000 damage if you guard.

•Grah is now immobilized, so finish him off.

commish

Okay, have my Grah, beat him with one team, 0 deaths the entire fight. Team was: Tree, Felneus x 2, Kik, Tesla, Douglas. I'm gonna max him now, add me if you need him. Put GAF in your message or I won't add :)

They added daily quests with gem rewards in the game now. Fun times!

I wonder if the tasks are universal or random to the person?

5 Quests in an area I have no use to do quests in is kinda annoying as a daily task.

Oh well, I figure I'll just accumulate BP as the tasks line up with what I'm already doing. If it takes me 30 days per summon instead of 21 meh.

blackflag

Okay, have my Grah, beat him with one team, 0 deaths the entire fight. Team was: Tree, Felneus x 2, Kik, Tesla, Douglas. I'm gonna max him now, add me if you need him. Put GAF in your message or I won't add :)

What's your friend code?

I've almost beaten him several times. I think Grah will make it much easier

Caught Grahdens today. Currently he is lvl 77 BBlvl2 w/ Medulla Gem. I have a few spots open, so add me if you need him to help you get Grahdens yourself. Be sure to have "GAF" in your comment.

Game ID: 89589649

I went to attack Grah, hit challenge, there goes 50 energy, Unexpected Error has occurred.

Freaking A. There HAS to be a way they can detect crap like this to give energy back.

Lomax

I went to attack Grah, hit challenge, there goes 50 energy, Unexpected Error has occurred.

Freaking A. There HAS to be a way they can detect crap like this to give energy back.

It's why they always give a gem to compensate. What would really suck would be if you got a rare drop right before the crash, no way to get that back.

Noirulus

I have a rare summon pull ready but would it be unwise to summon right now?

And man, it seems like some of you guys have a lot of 6* units. How? It's a total pain in the ass farming evo materials.

Lan_97

Just barely got Grah. I messed up some of the timing and needlessly lost units early on. The last two units of my second squad managed to get him to 1hp before the rag tag third squad delivered the final blow.

commish

I have a rare summon pull ready but would it be unwise to summon right now?

And man, it seems like some of you guys have a lot of 6* units. How? It's a total pain in the ass farming evo materials.

Playing for months and months helps :)

I think new units are going to be released shortly. That said, they won't necessarily be better than what is out now, so, depending on what you have, I might just pull now.

Top Bottom