• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

Most of the leader bonuses aren't defensive in nature really assisting or enhancing the healer in meaningful ways. So far, we got the starter leaders boosting +10 hp, which is decent and more recently leaders who boost defense+rec, or grah who boosts everything leading towards more synergy for those healers. The +atk doesn't mean much to a unit who will primarially guard during a fight that actually requires healing to occur.

Omg, Estia obliterated my team with Brutal Rampage or Venomous Scourge at 1/3 hp. Dark Seals didn't seem to help at all. She still has her angel idol buff. Not sure if I want to burn a gem here.

Draxal

It's nice to have an elemental healer for the leader bonus, if you're running a single element. if you're multi-element, then it doesn't matter.

LIke Phades said most bonuses are offensive in nature, and I'm more likely to keep my healer guarding as Elimo's rather annoying to spark anyway.

They're losing the bonus on seals which does hurt at times, but since they're guarding and Elimo provides a def/buff shield she should survive anyway, while the tree is just incredibly tanky in general.

tree and elimo are best healers hands downs.

Alice is a great sub healer because she does massive damage and her SBB can do a HoT.

Right now im running various teams but trying to 6 star kiku.

my 6 stars (no sbb so far) are tree, elimo, lava, selena, felneus, alice, douglas, sefia

blackflag

I have all the healers but the only ones I use are Elimo, Rashil(Karl), and Tree. Lancia has her place but I never bothered even though I got her to 6 star. I just got Phoenix the other day and I'm thinking about just fusing it away. It seems so worthless.

I just got my Oracle :( Alice to 6 star. Gonna see how good she is as sub healer.

Phades

Omg, Estia obliterated my team with Brutal Rampage or Venomous Scourge at 1/3 hp. Dark Seals didn't seem to help at all. She still has her angel idol buff. Not sure if I want to burn a gem here.

If at all possible, the "ideal" approach to that fight is to BB her down from ~50.01% to zero health in one round. Failing that is a roll of the dice really and you basically have to do it again when she revives (IE. you need fujin tonics).

It has been suggested that running dual grah with the 15+15% straight damage reduction offsets her damage output potential enough to make it a straight fight. Grah is "at risk" in terms of vulnerable damage (light vs dark), but the damage reduction in conjuction with the bonus hp from the leader skills make it a wash versus a non-dark unit without grah.

Note: I don't assume everyone (including myself) to have this option. This is just purely from a strategy point of view. Other characters, (tesla/elimo/Edea) all possess a similar, but universal, damage reduction buff on their BB/SBB, which can offset such problems for one turn. You still need amazing amounts of staying power past that to put her down a 2nd time without gemming.

Really? Estia never shows on those floors for me.
Onto Floor 181-190 now. Going with a dark and white team. At this point, I don't want to run into her and see how badly my team gets destroyed.
Yeah. It varies. I decided to clear the last floor and hardly ran into her. The last boss of the tower is problem enough without fighting her mid way.

After that, I backtracked to the lower floors.

Manbig

My whole thing with elemental healers is that I run seals for defense. It's the poor man's way around building some super specific crazy stacked team.

That's part of why I like the Tree. 6800 health and 1700 defense before Sphere means the Seal isn't all that needed, and the non-leadership skill status protection is amazing too.

I sometimes use Elimo as a second healer, but that Tree is always #1.

Phades

Those familiar with the JP character set(s), aside from tillith are there any other primary support/healers to be released in the future that actually rank favorably to the tree and elimo?

I don't recall exactly the hierarchy of things, but doesn't it go something like Elimo~Tree>>Tillith>Rashil>Lancia>>>Regen orientated premium units>>>>>>free units?

Draxal

Those familiar with the JP character set(s), aside from tillith are there any other primary support/healers to be released in the future that actually rank favorably to the tree and elimo?

I don't recall exactly the hierarchy of things, but doesn't it go something like Elimo~Tree>>Tillith>Rashil>Lancia>>>Regen orientated premium units>>>>>>free units?

Elimo/Tree/Rashil/Lancia kinda get nerfed in that some of the upcoming six stars have better forms of their buffs.

Melchio six star is really good and does the tree debuff remover ability. Tesla six star has a much stronger shield ability than Elimo. SGX buffs has much higher crit than Rashil and Michelle has much higher atk than Lancia. All four of these units are considered primo end game units.

There's a new light healer that s a bit more offensive orientated statwise but buffs rec instead iirc.

Phades

Yeah, I was aware of the buff cross over issue with a few of those. Tesla in particular could still be run in an alternating fashion with elimo though. Lancia's attack buff has been fairly redundant with the advent of Vargas's 6* form, never mind michele's being superior in general. The crit buff thing, well, that is its own animal and I'm not entirely certain the crit teams even run a healer given the focus of them. I mean, you got what, michelle, GX, the centaur, potentailly douglass, Loch, and a few others already competing for the remaining 4 slots available. I'm not entirely certain there is room for a healer there and simply frontloading more damage seems more productive/synergistic anyhow.

Between tillith/elimo and melchio, I could see not needing a tree, but that could be a specific build too. The important part for those healers is the fact that they do massively burst heal in addition to other useful effects and aren't terribly squishy. I mean, not everyone can be like lunaris, golem, kaja, maxwell, etc...

Finally got Estia a few hours ago. I loathe that dungeon so much.
Some friendly Grahdens I met accepted my friend request. Now to clear Cordelica for the Slime boss.

Shouta

LIke Phades said most bonuses are offensive in nature, and I'm more likely to keep my healer guarding as Elimo's rather annoying to spark anyway.

They're losing the bonus on seals which does hurt at times, but since they're guarding and Elimo provides a def/buff shield she should survive anyway, while the tree is just incredibly tanky in general.

Most encounters, she'll be smacking stuff anyway so it helps. It's not too hard for her either as i usually start with her and then time the others to match-up.

Additionally, it helps depending on who your leader is. Elimo benefits from the increased Hp when I have Selena as my party leader, for example.

Phades

Dean's leader skill would provide more synergy (HP+REC) which would amplify the defense buff and enhance healing further (although water units in general have too much REC anyhow and that could go to waste), although his SBB creates cross over with elimo, but with the added bonus of status removal.

Although this just makes for a more compelling argument to bring Grah instead (if available).

So Gumi has announced that coming soon is a special Vortex Arena allowing only Fire units.

The cynical side of me can picture this event now. It runs for a week, uses Arena orbs, divided into brackets, top rankers get the unit, everyone else gets some random breakdown of burst frogs and metal gods.

After all, gotta keep them gem spenders spending.

I just can't help but feel this is just another Victory Points tournament with a different face.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So Gumi has announced that coming soon is a special Vortex Arena allowing only Fire units.

The cynical side of me can picture this event now. It runs for a week, uses Arena orbs, divided into brackets, top rankers get the unit, everyone else gets some random breakdown of burst frogs and metal gods.

I just can't help but feel this is just another Victory Points tournament with a different face.

Not sure I can even fill out a fire team.

Don't have a mono fire team either. Need 2 more units and not enough gems. Oh well.

Well, just realized I don't have the Don nuts required for the Poison Light spheres that are required for the Poison Shiv sphere. All I got is Edea. Hopefully that is enough to keep the poison aliment on that slime boss.

What do you know. Xenon and Estia Prologue is up on the Vortex now. lol, I couldn't start the mission until I have Xenon and Estia in my party. All right, adding them in.

Kreed

Beat all three lvls of the Prologue. I lead with Pixy Lord Leore and a Grahden's friend which felt like overkill for all three levels, but my Estia and Xenon were both lvl 1 so I didn't want to take any chances. Only got one Miracle Bulb though, and the new Xenon + Estia unit didn't drop. Not even sure if it's worth farming for the second Bulb/the new unit since I have no interest in any of them, but with how Global has been doing these events I guess it's better safe than sorry.

Lockon

I run all three Prologue levels last night. Got 1 bulb and got the new Xenon&Estia (Lord) unit on my first run of the level 3 dungeon. Didn't know it was a 5* so that pretty cool. Brave Burst skills kinda suck though since it do damage to all enemies and boost attack, but also decrease defense. Weird, but a cool unit I guess.

I run all three Prologue levels last night. Got 1 bulb and got the new Xenon&Estia (Lord) unit on my first run of the level 3 dungeon. Didn't know it was a 5* so that pretty cool. Brave Burst skills kinda suck though since it do damage to all enemies and boost attack, but also decrease defense. Weird, but a cool unit I guess.

The unit says the BB buffs defense, not decreases it.

Finished all 3 levels of the prologue too. Only got the miracle bulb. Will use it to evolve my Xenon to 5 stars. Didn't get the new Xenon and Estia unit unfortunately. Their leader skill isn't bad. It buffs attack, but doesn't buff their hp. Will have to run it again when I get the stamina.

Tried the slime boss, got murdered. My earth/water team wasn't cutting it. With poison shiv, Eda and Rakshasa Vishra. The slime boss only got poisoned once and my bb hardly filled. Gonna try on my main team later.

Lockon

The unit says the BB buffs defense, not decreases it.

You're right, I went and read it again. I guess I was really sleepy last night playing at around 2 am and read wrong lol.

Anyone played Prologue level 3, 2 more times...got 2 more Xenon & Estia units. So 3 for 3, but no bulb. Wonder if level 2 is better place to farm miracle bulb?

Marvelous

After reading about some of the "future" contents of BF, I'm not sure if I really want to continue the game, lol. Seems like you need very specific units to beat some of the later battles and knowing my luck, I'll never get those units from the RS.

SMH@Maxwell
SMH@RC3

Kreed

I think I found a glitch in the Prologue. When I get to the team selection screen, if the first team displayed is a non Xenon and Estia team, I'm still given the option to Begin the Quest and can enter the Prologue. But if I switch teams, the Begin Quest button displays the Unit Requirement button until I pick the proper Xenon and Estia team.

I think I found a glitch in the Prologue. When I get to the team selection screen, if the first team displayed is a non Xenon and Estia team, I'm still given the option to Begin the Quest and can enter the Prologue. But if I switch teams, the Begin Quest button displays the Unit Requirement button until I pick the proper Xenon and Estia team.
Should have entered with a non Xenon and Estia team.

Anyway, finally captured Xenon and Estia on the fourth attempt. Got a breaker. Will try for an Anima type later.

Phades

Wait, this thing is going to be competitive? Well that kind of kills my enthusiasm for it. I would have prefered the prologue to go on for the rest of the week instead... My energy am cry lately, due to the dailys. I haven't been able to build up a good pool for the more expensive stuff lately like I should be. ><;

Tried the slime boss, got murdered. My earth/water team wasn't cutting it. With poison shiv, Eda and Rakshasa Vishra. The slime boss only got poisoned once and my bb hardly filled. Gonna try on my main team later.

Bring fujin tonics so you can BB when you want/need to. The slime has an attack that drains your BB bar, never mind the curse effect. The shiv is very unreliable. Venom kives are also unreliable. Edea and rickel are solid choices since there isn't a good fire unit that produces the posion effect.

Phades

Ah i get you.

If it isn't competitive, it shouldn't be that difficult considering the bulk of the fire roster isn't top teir at all, which would make non-premium units more viable filler. The design will probably take into account seals and ores though, so I'd guess some sort of endurance match with status effects if they want to make it hard.

It would be a pretty dick move if they made it overly bursty damage wise and competitive though causing it to be more of a RNG fight than anything.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's arena why wouldn't it be competitive.

Well, by competitive, I think he means in order to receive a certain prize, you have to be higher than other players, compared to the Prologue, for example, where everyone can get the new unit. Though I haven't.. after at least 8 runs...

Phades

Speaking of the prologue, where did it go? It should have ~15 hours left on it like the other 2 dungeons.

I needed 1 more miracle bulb...

Phades

I hope that is the case. Whoever is in charge of event planning and implementation has a very poor way of organizing and optimizing these things.

I got invited to beta test the new "chat-line" support feature. Whee or something.

I wonder how they picked their candidates, nobody else I know was selected.

Phades

From what I've read, the selections started yesterday. They probably did some random selection of older accounts to be their testers.

I officially want to know how Alim/Gumi implemented a desire sensor in to their idol/pot run.

I've been gemming for the last couple hours for idols.

All I want is Fire Idols. I have acquired 4 Fire Idols. I have 10+ of every other idol.

Really? REALLY? I know it's an old complaint but yeesh.

*EDIT* I needed 7 Fire Idols. Final Tally:

7 Fire
23 Thunder(WTF?)
16 Earth
12 Water
15 Dark
17 Light

Just another reason why I will never buy gems again...if the gems I spent weren't the free gems I'd feel even more annoyed than I do now.

Phades

I've been wanting thunder myself since my fire units aren't/can't getting any better (also not getting them). IIRC I need 7 idols... Bleh.

Considering the rate up event for units in anticipation for the arena tournament (or whatever its called), I would have guessed that they would have also bumped the rates up for the evolution materials as well in order to promote topped out teams facing off against each other. I mean, there is no other reason to spring a super metal parade out of no where like this on a tuesday of all damn things.

Noirulus

New units out today! Zephyr, Ophelia, and Raydn.

I've heard great things about Zephyr, so I bit the bullet and pulled 5 times.

1. Edea (A) - Duplicate :/
2. Dilma (O) - Terrible typing for him apparently...
3. Raydn (B) - Yay!
4. Zephyr (G) - BAD TYPING BUT WOOOT
5. Zephyr (G) - OMG AGAIN?! Bad typing once again but AWW YISS

Very happy with the pulls! I've got a great dark team now =)

Ferga

Guardian is not a bad type.

It's pretty much the best type for all high stat units when you get to late game when everything can just kill your units in a turn

Now, Breaker is a bad type

Guardian is not a bad type.

It's pretty much the best type for all high stat units when you get to late game when everything can just kill your units in a turn

Now, Breaker is a bad type

None of which exists in the global game right now.

I was told Karl needed guardians, nope.
I was told Grah needed guardians, nope.
I was told FH needed guardians, nope.

I won't discount that it's possible that at some point it really does matter. But Global is not there yet.

Top Bottom