• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

Both leaders is all I mean. Really comes down to what mobs you face.

Yeah, i know that is what you mean. I don't have Felenus, so I can only theoretically field one of them at a time. Best I've done this time around is around 830k (slime kings->thunder/light/dark trio->melchio->mega/pirate duo->lugina). If having 2 felenus means +300k points, then that just seems wrong.

Phades

Lugina still has the capability to just decide "Yep, yer dead" and totally hose your point total for a run.

I mean, if a 8300 health 1800ish defense unit under a defense potion can't survive his AoE barrage, who can? And since it's not tied to a round or event it's not like you can guard through it.

I suppose you could double Grah it, but that totally kills your point total anyway.

Instant conviction is horsecrap, but the regular AOE stuff (both versions) is fufu to fire units with the defense potion.

The only time I ever come close to losing anyone against lugina is when he uses instant conviction at 50% and he hits a unit that isn't guarding.
Mind you, this is a generic fire team as it gets, no fancy elimo or telsa damage reduction spam in a BB spam team...

Draxal

Lugina still has the capability to just decide "Yep, yer dead" and totally hose your point total for a run.

I mean, if a 8300 health 1800ish defense unit under a defense potion can't survive his AoE barrage, who can? And since it's not tied to a round or event it's not like you can guard through it.

I suppose you could double Grah it, but that totally kills your point total anyway.

Elimo damage shield or Tesla (Tesla seems to be required in the meta in JPN atm).

Elimo damage shield or Tesla (Tesla seems to be required in the meta in JPN atm).

Elimo or Tesla will not be up every turn, and he can do it any turn he feels like.

And if you think a fire unit can survive, I don't think you've been hit with the full of it. He can do 7 AoEs in one turn, each of which does >2500 damage. Even at -50% that's > 8000 damage to the entire team.

I've had my entire team die and still had to watch 3 more AoEs after I was dead.

And I'm the lucky guy who in 15 runs has had Lugina as my final wave 11 times. I should be ranked a whole lot above where I am. I'm starting to give up.

Phades

And if you think a fire unit can survive, I don't think you've been hit with the full of it. He can do 7 AoEs in one turn, each of which does >2500 damage. Even at -50% that's > 8000 damage to the entire team.
I've had 4 in the same round and my folks were at half or above with the potion up. With it down I was below half of my full health folks. If i had grah /w medulla assisting, well it wasn't even close to theatening the fire units even though grah takes it on the chin (just left him guarding at one point, since he was getting beat up too much). With grah I had units around 8~9k hp so I really wasn't sweating it at all. It was similar to when I had seria assists, just with more buffer.

I don't recall how much damage reduction guarding is supposed to be, but he has yet to penetrate my lancia and she barely has over 4600 hp since I haven't topped her out yet. By the way you are describing your fights, she'd be dead twice over and that just isn't happening.

I get him a lot too. Actually I only get him, or the chaos bringer really (twice). I've gotten vishra once and none others (status effects spam on this one are just silly...). I think you have 4~5 more rounds completed than I do in total this season though (need to use 3 orbs on my way home still...). He does get meaner (seems like he has more attacks more often) in the last ~20-30% health range, but I haven't deliberately tried to drag out the fight when he is that low and just blow him away with BB at that point (out of potions usually by then and not full health anymore to take a full round of beating).

Lockon

Did 14 pulls...

new units:
Luly 4*
Signas 5*
Rina 4* x 2
Golem 4*
Farlon 4*

I'm not going to buy anymore stones from this point on...hopefully.

blackflag

Did 14 pulls...

new units:
Luly 4*
Signas 5*
Rina 4* x 2
Golem 4*
Farlon 4*

I'm not going to buy anymore stones from this point on...hopefully.

I did several pulls ang got 6 Lulys...... I think I'm done buying stones. Didn't get any other new units.

J0dy77

Played this when it first release but felt the game play was limited. Are there any good guides out there for the higher level play? Trying to get a feel if it's worth my time along side PAD.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Played this when it first release but felt the game play was limited. Are there any good guides out there for the higher level play? Trying to get a feel if it's worth my time along side PAD.

I'm not aware of any guides, but I don't think you need one

Kreed

The English version of Brave Frontier doesn't have any guide sites on the level of the pad wikia/puzzledragonx, but the official wikia and the appinvasion forums are good for info about the game:

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Brave_Frontier_Wiki
http://appinvasion.com/forums/Brave-Frontier/

The Unholy Tower event is back until the 26th of this month, which means another chance to get Xenon and Estia before the teased "Prologue" event (both units are required to access this).
10559842_355731824551964_3618556926297297133_n.png

Kreed

Do I have a gimped Version or why do i dont know most of the things i see and read in this thread? :/

Sometimes the Amazon version is behind the Google Play and IOS versions with updates, but right now all the versions should be up to date.

The events up right now in the vortex are the two previous tower events, which will give people a chance to participate in the new event when it comes (it's not up yet).

Lan_97

Sometimes you may need to update or quit out of the app to see new content.

On a related note, yesterday's patch finally made the game playable again. The lag from the past week has been awful.

Phades

The Unholy Tower event is back until the 26 of this month, which means another chance to get Xenon and Estia before the teased "Prologue" event (both units are required to access this).
That is going to make for a really busy ~2 weeks. The dailies plus trying to do normal evolution material/zell farming and the tower seems like a lot. Then you have frontier hunter as well, but at least that doesn't consume energy, just player time.

Sometimes you may need to update or quit out of the app to see new content.

On a related note, yesterday's patch finally made the game playable again. The lag from the past week has been awful.

I still randomly crash at first login for the news feed, daily item selection, and daily quest pop up sections and auto battle randomly. They have a ways to go still.

I got my 3rd 6* Douglas up to SBB today.

I'm disappointed that neither Serin/4 Douglas(one as lead)/1 Felneus lead nor Serin/3 Douglas/2 Felneus lead quite guarantees full brave burst against a single target(using two Omni Gizmos on 2 of the Douglasi). It's darn close in both cases, and can make it, but the crystals have to fall right. Oh well.

Phades

Tech gizmo 2 for the rest, or would that just be overkill?

Also, has anyone recently tried to do grah? I've been reading he got stealth buffed today...

After months and dozens (if not hundreds of tries) I managed to capture a Zebra.

Anyone try out a crit team? I was thinking of giving Zebra + Duel-GX II + attack buffer (probably Lancia) + two high damage team members.

Anything else I need to know? Worth using Havoc Axes or should I stick with Medulla gems or the like?

blackflag

The JPN version is so much more generous it's ridiculous. 15 free stones in like 4 days, 6 burst frogs in my mail box, and 1,000,000 monies.

blackflag

After months and dozens (if not hundreds of tries) I managed to capture a Zebra.

Anyone try out a crit team? I was thinking of giving Zebra + Duel-GX II + attack buffer (probably Lancia) + two high damage team members.

Anything else I need to know? Worth using Havoc Axes or should I stick with Medulla gems or the like?

Where he drop? I haven't tried for him yet

Draxal

When are he good times to roll for mobs? Any clear cut favorites?

Um, Douglas/Felneus were the best but they're six star bonus rolls are gone now.

Of the upcoming ones, the white lion and centaur tier as the both of those are really good when they get a bonus roll.

Then the Michelle's tier six stars forms are very very good, with their SBBs being excellent.

The Unholy Tower event is back until the 26th of this month, which means another chance to get Xenon and Estia before the teased "Prologue" event (both units are required to access this).
My team wasn't strong enough last month, but this time, it was so bittersweet.
Just caught Xenon as Anima type on the first try. Now for Estia.

Shouta

Wow that sucks, did they say why?

What's the issue? They can't find your account? I would think they would be able to track you since I believe you said you did the Amazon coins promotion a while back.

Well, I've been in talks with them and I linked my FB account to it but I tried logging in now after they send they recovered it but no dice. Their whole log in system is really bad.

I'm waiting on another email to see where to go from here but it's looking like my junk is gonna be stuck on the servers. Good thing I only ever spent 15 dollars or so on the game and I had all that free Amazon space bucks. =P

Edit: Hurray! they fixed it!

broz0rs

Started playing a month ago and I love it! My current goal is to get 80 energy so I can run the Super Metal event twice with full energy when it happens again. I run a mono red and green team. Love my red team because I have Lava and Farlon.

Lomax

As if they annoying push notifications that you can't turn off aren't bad enough, they aren't even accurate, telling me I'm 2 days away from a gem when it will take longer than that even maxing out the daily points.

Just reached floor 171-180 and Estia has only appeared twice besides the mandatory appearance on the 5th floor. This is getting a little ridiculous. Burn all my stamina and she rarely appears.

blackflag

Just reached floor 171-180 and Estia has only appeared twice besides the mandatory appearance on the 5th floor. This is getting a little ridiculous. Burn all my stamina and she rarely appears.

Everything I've heard about this makes it sound like a nightmare. I got incredibly lucky and got an Anima Estia my first time encountering her the first time I got to, I think it was, floor 141-150.

Everything I've heard about this makes it sound like a nightmare. I got incredibly lucky and got an Anima Estia my first time encountering her the first time I got to, I think it was, floor 141-150.
You're lucky! I just want to capture her and move onto doing the Slime boss in Cordelica. The Unholy Tower is a huge waste of stamina with meager rewards.

Will do some farming on idols and pots when its the daily and then back to the lame tower. Depending on how I do, might just farm her on 151-160. I shudder to try her on 191-200.

You're lucky! I just want to capture her and move onto doing the Slime boss in Cordelica. The Unholy Tower is a huge waste of stamina with meager rewards.

Will do some farming on idols and pots when its the daily and then back to the lame tower. Depending on how I do, might just farm her on 151-160. I shudder to try her on 191-200.

191-200 is a nightmare, my team gets 1-shotted quite frequently and I am stacked.

Kreed

Nothing is impossible... except finishing this w/o gemming. :)

I opted to beat the floor without seeing her at all (quit until she didn't appear). You waste a lot of stamina depending on how unlucky you are, but it's better than throwing a gem at it.

Lomax

So, I just blew 8 gems on the final floor of the tower. Started it off, and Estia appears on level 3. Get her down to 20% or so and she takes me from 100% health to dead, quite the shock. I figure blowing one gem is worth it so I go ahead and rez. Of course I wasn't expecting her to heal 50% when I "killed" her, but I still managed to get her down with most of my team alive and items in tact. Low and behold, she drops so of course I'm excited and figure spending that gem was worth it.

Two levels later, she appears again. I groan but since she dropped I figure I'll go on. Of course this time my luck isn't as good and my items start to run out so it takes me 2 gems to finally finish her off.

Two more levels, and there she is again. Dear god. Of course at this point I've got 3 gems spent and the drop so I'm too invested to give up (yeah, gambler's trap right there). Push through, spending 3 more gems this time. And she drops again. Get through rounds 8 and 9 but of course she's the final boss (I assume that's always the case). My items are long gone and my luck is bad so it takes me 3 more gems to finish her off. Only had one left at that point and was worried I'd run out of gems before finishing it, if that had happened I probably would have deleted and never come back.

Getting that one gem reward at the end was pretty funny considering all I spent. Oh and the two drops? A lord and a guardian of course. But at least I have her and never have to go back to that tower.

I decided to conserve my energy while in the tower (one of the 20 energy ones), and I FINALLY managed to get Estia (Lord).
Really? Estia never shows on those floors for me.
Onto Floor 181-190 now. Going with a dark and white team. At this point, I don't want to run into her and see how badly my team gets destroyed.

Phades

Running dual grah and having non-light/dark vulnerable units is a solid approach to the towers. Crit teams on estia can pop her in one round as well.

Manbig

Are there any fire and dark elemental units with healing BBs that can evolve to something respectable for late game stuff? I'm running mono elemental teams for all elements, but I have had zero luck finding healers for both fire and dark.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Are there any fire and dark elemental units with healing BBs that can evolve to something respectable for late game stuff? I'm running mono elemental teams for all elements, but I have had zero luck finding healers for both fire and dark.

Phoenix and Lancia for fire. Alice can heal at 6* with her SBB for dark.

Manbig

Phoenix and Lancia for fire. Alice can heal at 6* with her SBB for dark.

Thanks. Trying to get those will probably be the last bit of money that this game gets out of me. I've managed to do fairly well with only spending around $7 in this game, and that's without using the Amazon coins (I used those on Kingdom Conquest 2 like a damn fool). I'll just keep an eye on the summon bonuses until I see them.

Phades

Might be waiting for a favorites vote then, or a generic dark or fire bonus chance.

Lancia and prior batches were already featured a while ago. Hopefully the RNG favors you and you get what you need sooner rather than later.

That said, Elimo outclasses Lancia in terms of support capability (Read keeping people alive) and boasts a support skill that only 3 units in the game have on demand (straight damage reduction). This would be in addition to the general defense buff Elimo produces.

Shouta

It's nice to have an elemental healer for the leader bonus, if you're running a single element. if you're multi-element, then it doesn't matter.

Top Bottom