• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Lomax

Yeah, I think I'm finally done with this. Was already losing interest some, took a vacation over the weekend and broke my 4+ month long login streak, and now I've had three straight days of level 1 rewards, so that isn't tracking correctly. Go to attempt the final level of the prologue again with the team I beat it with previously (only has Xenon in it) and the game takes my energy, starts the battle, then says "Fails to meet unit constraints" and crashes. Nevermind that at no point does the game even say such a constraint exist, to actually take the energy and then do the check is insane. I had a lot of fun with it over the summer, but after a while it becomes an endless cycle of running metal parades for levels and farming evolution units, which makes all the rest seem pointless.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
None of which exists in the global game right now.

I was told Karl needed guardians, nope.
I was told Grah needed guardians, nope.
I was told FH needed guardians, nope.

I won't discount that it's possible that at some point it really does matter. But Global is not there yet.

I don't think anyone ever said you need guardians for Karl, Grah or FH, but I do agree with your overall sentiment. So far, I don't think unit type has mattered at all... ever...

With the new units, decided to try my luck and I really want Zephyr.

1st summon - Raydn (A) Not bad, still not what I wanted
Summon ticket - White Lebra (G) Uhhhhhhhhh.

Stupid rng.

I don't think anyone ever said you need guardians for Karl, Grah or FH, but I do agree with your overall sentiment. So far, I don't think unit type has mattered at all... ever...

I had friends and people on multiple discussion boards tell me that Karl, Grah, and FH were all but impossible without Guardians. Then I did all of them, mostly with Lord/Anima types. I admit I'm not a big fan of Breakers, but I'm definitely not a fan of Guardians either. Recovery is the only worthless stat IMO which is why I'm ok with Anima. My low recovery Douglas' still get healed for 6K by the tree.

Beat the Slime boss in Ignia Cavern. Had to burn a gem once I got it to 25% with a couple of poisons on it. Got a burst frog for my troubles.

Gonna do Xenon and Estia(dubbed Xestia) for another drop and a miracle bulb. Last attempt before Totems.

Phades

None of which exists in the global game right now.

I was told Karl needed guardians, nope.
I was told Grah needed guardians, nope.
I was told FH needed guardians, nope.

I won't discount that it's possible that at some point it really does matter. But Global is not there yet.

The only "bad" type is oracle really. My anima 5* Vishra out stats my oracle 6* lava with the exception of REC score, which never ends up mattering. Yeah, an argument could be made for a couple of units with really high HP/DEF and low REC, but then again the argument could be made for using a soul spear or other similar lifesteal spheres, the use of a real healer in the party, etc.

Yeah, I think I'm finally done with this. Was already losing interest some, took a vacation over the weekend and broke my 4+ month long login streak, and now I've had three straight days of level 1 rewards, so that isn't tracking correctly. Go to attempt the final level of the prologue again with the team I beat it with previously (only has Xenon in it) and the game takes my energy, starts the battle, then says "Fails to meet unit constraints" and crashes. Nevermind that at no point does the game even say such a constraint exist, to actually take the energy and then do the check is insane. I had a lot of fun with it over the summer, but after a while it becomes an endless cycle of running metal parades for levels and farming evolution units, which makes all the rest seem pointless.

It has never let me in without both estia and xenon. In fact, the button doesn't even pop up until I had both in the party. However, what you described happened to a different game I saw and I'm betting it is a carry over from a bug that let you in the dungeon in the first place and they just added a second check mechanism for whatever reason at the wrong step after starting.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
3 more new units were released.

Just a reminder that these units aren't required for beating any upcoming content. If you a solid team, save your gems.

Shouta

The login rewards need to move up faster than now.

I'd like some of these new units to fiddle with but I have so many right now that it's hard keeping all of them. I've got a team for each element now lol. I'm only leveling Water/Thunder though.

Pulled an Anima Sodis and a lord Alyut today :D

Now I'm hoping for Gumi to FINALLY make a light and dark totem dungeon, so tired of playing the fire, water, and thunder dungeons in hopes of lucking out and getting a light or dark totem!

Draxal

Now I'm hoping for Gumi to FINALLY make a light and dark totem dungeon, so tired of playing the fire, water, and thunder dungeons in hopes of lucking out and getting a light or dark totem!

They run them as special events (they ran three weeks ago iirc).

Gumi doesn't do much that Alim didn't do first, and Alim's version (the JP version) has the dark and light totems as special events too.

At least they did when I last played, it's possible they are now permanent.

So my final haul for the Xestia/Xenon/Estia event is:
1 xenon
1 estia
3 Xestia
0 bulbs

Those damn bulbs just don't freaking drop. I guess I'll have to wait for it to return to get bulbs...

Phades

That is going to be a painful wait most likely. Hopefully it won't be longer than a month.

Leader skills aside, they are pretty interesting units.

So my final haul for the Xestia/Xenon/Estia event is:
1 xenon
1 estia
3 Xestia
0 bulbs

Those damn bulbs just don't freaking drop. I guess I'll have to wait for it to return to get bulbs...
You've been real unlucky. I managed to get 2 bulbs and 2 Xestia. Ended up fusing one since it was oracle.

Xestia replaced my Brave Hero Alma in the Arena.
I need some dark, light and water totems now.

Draxal

Good thing about the zephyr tier is that starting from now on all new premium units will have their six star forms available right away.

Phades

Wait, so they are unlocked straight away and we are waiting on older units to get their 6* unlocked? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

They run them as special events (they ran three weeks ago iirc).

Finally managed to get another miracle bulb!
Now the big problem is getting light and dark totems.

Oh and what do you know?
The special Light/Dark Totem Dungeons are back up (for 24 hours, of course)!

colinp

Banned
You guys want me to make any changes to the op? I have zero interest in the game now but if you throw something together for me or something I'll happily add/change it.

Phades

The temporary change to the daily rewards seems weird. 1 of every 3 days we get gems throughout August. It is nice to get gems, but it makes me wonder what is coming up that is going to be a large gem suck to offset it.

Anyone get any interesting pulls with the summon tickets?

The temporary change to the daily rewards seems weird. 1 of every 3 days we get gems throughout August. It is nice to get gems, but it makes me wonder what is coming up that is going to be a large gem suck to offset it.

Anyone get any interesting pulls with the summon tickets?

Dia's group is up next right? Maybe it's that. Me personally the free gems are a great(I buy gems) gesture but FFS raise the drop rates for pots/idols. I have units sitting for upwards to 3 weeks now that I can't evolve because Gumi... I've come to the decision I will not spend another dollar on Global Frontier.

Dreavus

Dia's group is up next right? Maybe it's that. Me personally the free gems are a great(I buy gems) gesture but FFS raise the drop rates for pots/idols. I have units sitting for upwards to 3 weeks now that I can't evolve because Gumi... I've come to the decision I will not spend another dollar on Global Frontier.

A lot of the newer units seem to be requiring x2 pots to evolve, too. It's annoying that we have 1 day out of the week to obtain both of these, and neither dungeon lets you choose the element like the totems do.

There's got to be a more reasonable way to get these material units out there.

draw4wild

I just started this game a few days ago. I actually wanted to start PAD back up but all of my friends were gone and it made it close to impossible to clear any content. Plus I forgot how long it took to clear sea god of heaven with a lucifer team. I'm loving the auto battle in this game since the team buliding was my favorite part of PAD.

Couple questions being halfway thru the second area (morgan I think) and still being completely overwhelmed

I pulled Undine, Lunaris, Homusubi, and Ramna in my first 4 pulls and I have the green starter so I have no idea what to focus on, just been trying to cobble together mono color teams that take advantage of weaknesses pulling the highest level helper I can. No idea if those are even good pulls, they made it next to impossible to reroll it seems and I wouldnt know who to reroll for anyway. Really different then spending 6 days rolling for Luci in PAD

Is the metal dungeon the only way to level up, it seems the feeder monsters give next to nothing and its expensive after level 10ish. Is there a trick to using the feeder monsters? PAD it was always as long as the xp was greater than the money used it was worth it, but here it seems the money is always more than the xp if its not a ghost

Is there any reason to even use the non RS monsters I get now. I tried doing a mono green team with green starter with the bandit and time mage but it seems I do better just using my RS's regardless to elements

No one seems to accept friend requests so its hard to get the double leader bonus, would love to pull a double lance or lunaris to really see the diference it makes

The Battle Maidens are back in the Vortex. Time for everyone to get a Serin army.
Just caught Lico. Now for the rest of them.

I just started this game a few days ago. I actually wanted to start PAD back up but all of my friends were gone and it made it close to impossible to clear any content. Plus I forgot how long it took to clear sea god of heaven with a lucifer team. I'm loving the auto battle in this game since the team buliding was my favorite part of PAD.

Couple questions being halfway thru the second area (morgan I think) and still being completely overwhelmed

I pulled Undine, Lunaris, Homusubi, and Ramna in my first 4 pulls and I have the green starter so I have no idea what to focus on, just been trying to cobble together mono color teams that take advantage of weaknesses pulling the highest level helper I can. No idea if those are even good pulls, they made it next to impossible to reroll it seems and I wouldnt know who to reroll for anyway. Really different then spending 6 days rolling for Luci in PAD

Is the metal dungeon the only way to level up, it seems the feeder monsters give next to nothing and its expensive after level 10ish. Is there a trick to using the feeder monsters? PAD it was always as long as the xp was greater than the money used it was worth it, but here it seems the money is always more than the xp if its not a ghost

Is there any reason to even use the non RS monsters I get now. I tried doing a mono green team with green starter with the bandit and time mage but it seems I do better just using my RS's regardless to elements

No one seems to accept friend requests so its hard to get the double leader bonus, would love to pull a double lance or lunaris to really see the diference it makes
The metal dungeon is the fastest way to level up. If your real lucky, an elemental crystal will appear and it gives 150k exp, 222k if its fused with the same element.

The honor summons aren't great unless you're trying to collect other starters. Atro and Magress can be summoned there, but its really low percentage. The crappy 1 star units that I gate out of the honor gate are used as BB fodder. There are some good units like the 2 star ones: Mifune and a few others.
Currently right now at the honor gate, there is a higher chance for metal ghost, kings and gods. Use the kings and gods to level. If you have one of each elemental ghost, they can be evolved to an elemental king of your choice.

Honestly, I would try to make a rainbow team from the units that you have until you have enough units to build a mono element team of your choice. I got an Ice Apostle Tiara that can help you out. Its my only rainbow leader atm.

Lunaris is top tier for mono-black in her 6 star form once it comes out for global. She has high stats all across the board in her 5 or 6 star form.

What is your player ID? I'll add you and maybe some other gaffers will add you too.

After this event, I'm gonna hopefully do Karl. Depends on how much zel I have to evolve my guys by then haha.

Is it better to focus on Level 1, or try and do the higher ones for these events?

I used my whole 76 energy on 3 L2 attempts for Bailey, and nothing.

Is it better to focus on Level 1, or try and do the higher ones for these events?

I did all levels at least for Lico and only level 3 dropped her. Also the free gem. I say save up for level 3.
That's what I'm doing now for Bayley. Will do her in another 3 hours.

Do the highest one you can do without using gems. The % chance to catch goes up by more than the energy difference (if that makes sense), and you get more player rank xp to boot.

Kreed

One of the differences between this game and PAD is that while some rare summons are better than others, you won't get absolute junk from rare summons like the PAD Rare Egg Machine. At the very least, the worst rare summon units can be used as mono team filler. And since gems are harder to get in this game than PAD's magic stones, you will want to hold onto your rare summons for a while.

Like PAD however, newer units released in Brave Frontier and units with newer 6 star evolutions are more helpful in clearing end game content than older units without these evolutions. So your Undine is the least useful out of your 4 rare summons, so focus on leveling/evolving the other three first.

Other than Mimic chests for lower levels, ghosts are the main way to level. Make sure you're using the Metal Keys for the metal dungeon (you get keys from the Imperial Capital) and try to use metal Keys when you're close to/about to level. This way you can get in more metal dungeon runs after you level up. You can also leave the game up at the metal dungeon entrance screen and wait for your energy to refill so you can run it again.

As far as the Honor Summoned units, you want to keep units 1-24 as all of them have 6 star forms and are good mono team leads. Units 25-42 are ok mono team filler, but you will eventually want to dump them for better rare summoned units with stronger stats/skills. Units 57-64 and 107-108 are healers. Until you pull a healer from the Rare Summon machine, you will want to keep these healers for mono colored teams/team healers.

You can also get free units from the special/non weekly Vortex dungeons that range from very good to team filler (including units 1-42). Unfortunately you probably do not have a team capable of beating the Battle Maidens, who are great free units and mono leads (Serin and Cayena being better than a lot of rare summon units right now).

Pbae

Pulled for Aylut a bunch of times with my saved up amazon gems and didn't get him =[
got a bunch of other units but its depressing to pull for a unit that has a supposedly higher pull rate and get everything but. Oh well...

Pulled for Aylut a bunch of times with my saved up amazon gems and didn't get him =[
got a bunch of other units but its depressing to pull for a unit that has a supposedly higher pull rate and get everything but. Oh well...
Ironically enough I summoned almost knowing I wouldn't get any of the 3 new units. Not surprised I pulled a White Lebra again, but with a better type, Anima.

2nd run on Bayley and no dice. A lot of my friend's are using fire leaders. I'm guessing I'm not the only one having trouble getting her to drop.

Yes! I managed to capture Bayley (Breaker; Level 3; 2nd attempt)! Thanks for the advice, guys.
And now my maiden set is complete!

You guys want me to make any changes to the op? I have zero interest in the game now but if you throw something together for me or something I'll happily add/change it.
No. I think this is perfect.

Yes! I managed to capture Bayley (Breaker; Level 3; 2nd attempt)! Thanks for the advice, guys.
And now my maiden set is complete!
Did 3rd attempt and Bayley still hasn't dropped for me. Beginning to hate her event.
Gonna have to do her later since Cayena is coming out in 3 hours. Hope she drops for me on the 1st attempt lol.

Did 3rd attempt and Bayley still hasn't dropped for me. Beginning to hate her event.
Gonna have to do her later since Cayena is coming out in 3 hours. Hope she drops for me on the 1st attempt lol.

I know how that is.
The first time the event occurred, I varied between L1 and L2 of Bayley, but nothing. All of the other maidens were a little easier.

Dreavus

So I ended up getting the Earth and Dark Maidens without much trouble. For Earth I could just defend her AoE on lvl 3. For dark I got lucky and captured on lvl 2.

The Fire one just destroyed me however(lvl3), and there doesn't seem to be a pattern to her bursts. Is there one that I'm missing?

It doesn't help that my only decent water unit outside of friend summons is a Zephu, who's stats are surprisingly terrible for a supposed 5 star.

So I beat Fennia. She didn't drop so I used a gem to restore my stamina. Got to Cayena and died. She burst an aoe BB on top of her normal attacks every turn??? Are you serious. I forced closed to save the revive lites and the consumables I used.

So I wasted a gem and have 33 stamina left. Just did a few metal parade for daily tasks.
Cayena is tough! Would a 2 healer party be better? Don't want to burn gems restoring my stamina if I'm gonna die again to Cayena. My Tiara wasn't enough. Should have brought Raydn, Reeze and Signas. I'm gonna need an Elimo helper too.

The only maidens that I have are Lico. That's it. Its kinda sad. So much attempts and they don't drop.

Kreed

So I wasted a gem and have 33 stamina left. Just did a few metal parade for daily tasks.
Cayena is tough! Would a 2 healer party be better? Don't want to burn gems restoring my stamina if I'm gonna die again to Cayena. My Tiara wasn't enough. Should have brought Raydn, Reeze and Signas. I'm gonna need an Elimo helper too.

I would definitely bring in a healer other than Tiara that can heal you in one burst. If you don't have any other (non Earth) healers, try bringing in a Merith.

You could also try making a Grahden's friend for the extra boost in stats.

I would definitely bring in a healer other than Tiara that can heal you in one burst. If you don't have any other (non Earth) healers, try bringing in a Merith.

You could also try making a Grahden's friend for the extra boost in stats.
Brought Felneus and beat Cayena, no drop though. Saving stamina for Serin and Vanila.

Well, trying to collect all the battle maidens during this event didn't go so well.

draw4wild

Just got myself past Abaddon and made my way to St Lamia, I kinda have stalled tho since I havent played on a Tuesday yet and need idols to evolve units and have only gotten 1 metal key so far. couple more questions....

How often are metal/jewel keys? I know it shows you when they'll reset but is it every 3 days or something?

Does leveling up bursts make them hit/heal harder, or fill up faster, or both?

Are there things like godfests from PAD in this game? I'm sitting on 10 stones from clearing story dungeons but idk if I'm supposed to wait for certain times to roll or since everything is technically useful I can roll whenever?

I'm enjoying the game so far, its kinda weird going into dungeons blind. In PAD, I knew every attack I'd see in boss dungeons and was able to mathematically know I'd win before even entering the dungeon.

Kreed

How often are metal/jewel keys? I know it shows you when they'll reset but is it every 3 days or something?

Pretty much, but the wait for Jewel Keys is usually a bit longer, so try to save those and get money on the weekends.

Does leveling up bursts make them hit/heal harder, or fill up faster, or both?

Both, depending on the Brave Burst. Also once you get a 6 star character, they will get access to a Super Brave Burst that can only be accessed by leveling your regular Brave Burst to level 10. However don't spend a ton of effort leveling up brave bursts on units that aren't fully evolved. Every time you evolve a unit, the Brave Burst level drops by 5.

Are there things like godfests from PAD in this game? I'm sitting on 10 stones from clearing story dungeons but idk if I'm supposed to wait for certain times to roll or since everything is technically useful I can roll whenever?

There are events where certain units will appear more than others. For example, when a new set of units are released or a unit gets a new 6 star evolution, their rate is increased for a period of time. And there are events for player voted units and unit types (Fire unit rate increases, etc...). But unless you're hunting for a certain type of unit, it doesn't matter when you rare summon.

Pbae

Both, depending on the Brave Burst. Also once you get a 6 star character, they will get access to a Super Brave Burst that can only be accessed by leveling your regular Brave Burst to level 10. However don't spend a ton of effort leveling up brave bursts on units that aren't fully evolved. Every time you evolve a unit, the Brave Burst level drops by 5.

I think it's by half and it rounds down for uneven numbers.

Metal Keys are given out on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Jewel Keys are given out on Wednesdays.

Brave Bursts divide in half round down when you evolve.

The only Brave Bursts which come quicker with leveling are the ones with a static effect (Take 1/2 damage next turn). Everything else is just more healing/bigger damage/better buff.

While there is nothing like a Godfest, newer units are almost universally better than older units. If you wait until new units are announced and they have a correspondingly better chance to drop, that's probably the best time to summon. Alternatively you can wait for something like "healer day", although these events are quite rare.

Lan_97

Farmed up 4 Cayenas to go with Aisha. I forgot what a pain in the ass evolving maidens are in terms of idol requirements.

Top Bottom