• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

When the maidens made their first appearance a few months ago I wasn't nearly strong enough to farm them effectively. Now I am and I can run Level 3 of each with minimal sweat, except Cayena! WTF?

Ran Lico a few times on Level 3 and got 1 of her.
Caught Serin on my first try, Level 3! Yes!
Ran Bayley a couple of times on Level 3, no get. Whatever.
Ran Cayena Level 3, practically got wiped by sub-bosses, Cayena finished the job and I barely got her to 3/4 health! WTF?

I run a rainbow squad with all 5* and 6* with a Logan leader and usually a Lilith II friend for a big damage boost. In all of the other maiden dungeons I can finish fine on Level 3. Whys is Cayena so much harder??

When the maidens made their first appearance a few months ago I wasn't nearly strong enough to farm them effectively. Now I am and I can run Level 3 of each with minimal sweat, except Cayena! WTF?

Ran Lico a few times on Level 3 and got 1 of her.
Caught Serin on my first try, Level 3! Yes!
Ran Bayley a couple of times on Level 3, no get. Whatever.
Ran Cayena Level 3, practically got wiped by sub-bosses, Cayena finished the job and I barely got her to 3/4 health! WTF?

I run a rainbow squad with all 5* and 6* with a Logan leader and usually a Lilith II friend for a big damage boost. In all of the other maiden dungeons I can finish fine on Level 3. Whys is Cayena so much harder??
You need a mono blue team with Felneus or Elimo helper.

I ran a rainbow team and died as well the first time. Cayena just BB every turn on top her normal attacks. Not cool.

Serin on the other hand is super easy, but still haven't caught her yet.
I got Bayley during the last hour of her dungeon. She's alright.
Its a shame they nerfed Lico pretty hard. She used to have 2k attack as breaker. :(

You need a mono blue team with Felneus or Elimo helper.

I ran a rainbow team and died as well the first time. Cayena just BB every turn on top her normal attacks. Not cool.

Serin on the other hand is super easy, but still haven't caught her yet.
I got Bayley during the last hour of her dungeon. She's alright.
Its a shame they nerfed Lico pretty hard. She used to have 2k attack as breaker. :(

Ah yeah I definitely don't have a worthy mono blue team at this point. Just seems weird that they made one maiden so much more difficult than the others.

And it especially sucks for me because I could really use a good fire unit right now. My only fire units are Vargas, Lorand, and Lancia, and of those I only ever use Lancia when I need a healer in my rainbow team. Lorand looks pretty strong once I get him up to 6* but Vargas doesn't do much for me even at 6*.

The way I did Cayena was with 2 healers, using stimulants to deal with Paralysis. The healer I was using were Elimos for the defense bonus(and the fact that they natively took less damage).

Cayena and Lico are the two obnoxious ones, and Lico's big attack is single target so at least your whole party doesn't fall over dead (or paralyzed).

Kreed

Ah yeah I definitely don't have a worthy mono blue team at this point. Just seems weird that they made one maiden so much more difficult than the others.

Probably because Cayena's grunts are push overs even for a mono water team. Whereas Serin can give mono thunder teams trouble with the Douglas grunts for example.

Phades

IIRC I did Cayena with Il and mina and just let her die to avoid all the status effect shenanigans. Serin was more or less the same deal, but with an earth team, since I had no real lightning units. Licorice was just brute force (and running through tons of cures), while the other three weren't memorable at all.

I have still yet to catch Serin. Next attempt ~10 minutes. ><;

Had a Mono-Thunder Team go through Serin dungeon (L2), and managed to capture another Serin (Guardian); Mostly thanks to my Healer May and another healer/BB Booster.

Tried L3, but was destroyed by increasing Earth types.

Phades

The earth types (gunner douglas squad and douglas type + 2 bandits) aren't too bad for mono thunder assuming you have rashil (elimo works here too) and your units are maxed 5* units or better. It just ends up being an annoying endurance battle.

My squad for this (since I really don't feel like dragging out a fight with serin at all) is

Loch 5*
Fennia 5*
Weiss 5*
Rashil 5*
Elulu 6*

BBLvs are all below 5, since I haven't had time to train them up properly at all. Do-able fights, just annoying.

Phades

Might as well go for it, it will probably be months before we can try again.

I managed to land a breaker serin as well, but i'd prefer an anima or guardian. Need to evolve my stuff to make more room first though.

Lan_97

Michelle/Lodin/Melchio 6* is out w/ increased rates. Made 3 pulls

Alice
Lava
Melchio 5* (B)

I already have a Lodin, not sure if it's worth trying to get Michelle when I have a Lebra. I was really hoping to get the units in the same order as JPN. I wanted to go all out with my free gems to get a Tesla first, then spend the rest on Michelle tier.

Phades

I'm pretty certain Michelle's SBB atk buff is +150% and nothing matches it. The blanket buff is nice though. It just depends on what you are trying to do.

Phades

Given the team comps and goals, there is a bit of crossover there really.

Then again, all teams want large hit counts which feed into sparking, therefore wanting spark boost bonuses which tie into many units that get commonly referenced.

Unless of course referencing tesla tanking, but that is its own animal.

Phades

Inferno vortex was delayed (thus we got a gem for it). From what I read, it was setup exactly like regular Arena orbs and all in case anyone was wondering. Supposadly it will be started tomorrow, but who knows given the issues they have sometimes.

Was only able to do one match last night in the Inferno Arena. The game kept giving me a connection error or it crashed. At least we got a gem.
SMP is back again for today.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Was only able to do one match last night in the Inferno Arena. The game kept giving me a connection error or it crashed. At least we got a gem.
SMP is back again for today.

Are you able to see your opponent's score/rating?

Which is just annoying. Who has time to play every hour like this? And you have to if you want to get the high rewards.

Actually you really don't.

The guy who tries to pull away will only get 10 points for a win, 200 points down for a loss.

The guy who only plays sporadically will average 100 points for a win, 100 for a loss, even if he/she can't see the point total of the opposition.

Gemming this does practically nothing if you are "winning", but allows quick comebacks. It's quite a bizarre set up really.

Are you able to see your opponent's score/rating?

This is a really good question. I'd like more information on this too since it makes a huge difference in how it is played.
I tried to see their score, but the servers were too unstable. I would repeatedly press to the right of the refresh button and then refresh. It would crash right after. Right before they took it down, the highest leaderboards only had 280 points lol. You do see their wins and their level though.

Phades

The guy who tries to pull away will only get 10 points for a win, 200 points down for a loss.

The guy who only plays sporadically will average 100 points for a win, 100 for a loss, even if he/she can't see the point total of the opposition.

Gemming this does practically nothing if you are "winning", but allows quick comebacks. It's quite a bizarre set up really.

This will make the 320000 point total for the new unit even harder to reach since the folks first out the gate to try and get there will have a much harder climb to reach that point total, while the folks behind them will get dragged forward by them rapidly.

commish

Hmmmm

I think that would only be true for those at the very very highest levels. If previous PvE tournaments have told me anything, there will always be ppl who gem the fuck out of these events and cruise ahead of everyone else. I just want the unit... which is 32,000 points, which is 160 wins at 200 points a win. 160 wins in so short a period is going to be rough.

Phades

Hmmmm

I think that would only be true for those at the very very highest levels. If previous PvE tournaments have told me anything, there will always be ppl who gem the fuck out of these events and cruise ahead of everyone else. I just want the unit... which is 32,000 points, which is 160 wins at 200 points a win. 160 wins in so short a period is going to be rough.

Just remember, you lose occsionally and you have to sleep. I was reading elsewhere folks were estimating that under ideal conditions, people will still drop 30-50 gems just to reach that point total.

Arena losses happen, no matter who you are and no matter how lucky you are.

I'm not sure gemming like mad to get ahead even makes sense. 1 loss per 20 runs = neutral if you are trying to gem from the lead, and that's entirely possible.

I can see it taking 30-50 gems, but unless you are crazy you don't want to be ahead of the pack, you always want to be riding someone else's wave. There's a reason why even Coraza doesn't gem his way far ahead on the real Arena. Same principle applies here.

commish

Just remember, you lose occsionally and you have to sleep. I was reading elsewhere folks were estimating that under ideal conditions, people will still drop 30-50 gems just to reach that point total.

Welp that counts me out. I have 3 gems to my name. I will enjoy my free burst frogs though :)

Kreed

I can't see anyone spending 30-50 gems for that unit unless they just want to collect everything. It's "barely" better than 6 Star Vargas BB/Leader skill wise, and even if you get it there's no guarantee that you will get the Fire Bulb needed to evolve it if more than 1000 people reach the 32000 goal.

Phades

I have my doubts that 1000 people will reach that total given the mechanics involved.

Edit: This is relevant to the event. I can't read it right now, but supposadly the point values were changed.

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boards/18506-inferno-showdown-additional-details

buy53Lr.jpg

Kreed

I have my doubts that 1000 people will reach that total given the mechanics involved.

Edit: This is relevant to the event. I can't read it right now, but supposadly the point values were changed.

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boards/18506-inferno-showdown-additional-details

http://i.imgur.com/buy53Lr.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Good to see they are listening to complaints/making adjustments. They still need to do something about the Fire Bulb only going to the top 1000, especially now that they have cut the new unit's point requirements in half.

commish

Good to see they are listening to complaints/making adjustments. They still need to do something about the Fire Bulb only going to the top 1000, especially now that they have cut the new unit's point requirements in half.

They've already said they will release a method of getting the bulb from a dungeon.

Lockon

This arena event is fire team only right? I need some help which units to use.

The ones I'm using for sure are Vargas 6*, Lancia 6*, and Cayena 5*

The other good units I have are:

Aisha 5*
Seria 4*
Freya 4*
Homusubi 4*
Farlon 4*
Ramna 4*

What do you guys think? I probably could get 1 or 2 more to 5* right now too since I have a bunch of Gods and 2 Fire Crystals stocked up.

Edit: Is Lava still good? I have 2 of them at 3*

It's still not out in Europe, right?
I found one app named "Brave Frontier RPG" but it's iPhone only, suspicious....

It's out in EU but they are so far behind it's not even funny. They barely got Mega 5*, Loran 4*, Elimo 4*.... Play it while waiting for energy to refill on the JP/Global but don't expect it to catch up to global anytime soon they are at least a year behind in content compared to global, I don't even know where to begin on how far they are behind JP.

Kouriozan

It's out in EU but they are so far behind it's not even funny. They barely got Mega 5*, Loran 4*, Elimo 4*.... Play it while waiting for energy to refill on the JP/Global but don't expect it to catch up to global anytime soon they are at least a year behind in content compared to global, I don't even know where to begin on how far they are behind JP.
I see :s
Yeah it's better to just play the US version then.

Lockon

holy cow...at the fire vortex arena top spots lol Whales with their 6* Lavas and 6* Vargases, and 100-200+ matches.

I probably get my Lava to 6* since it seems her BB and SBB do a lot of hits and her SBB have ignore defense for 2 turns wtf!!! I never bothered with Lava before since I got all my attackers in Dark units. Only have 6* Vargas, and 2 fire Healers: 6* Lancia and 5* Phoenix.

SBBs don't really do anything in the Arena, although 6* Lava is probably the best leader for a Fire party regardless. Maybe Kagatsuchi for degenerative stuff.

My party is just trouncing, even with no 6* units, although I'm using newer units (Cayena, Kagatsuchi, Falron x2, Seria) It is actually pretty refreshing not having to deal with nearly guaranteed turn 2 BB parties, and the fact that there is no weakness since Water units are completely out.

I won't get the good rank-# rewards, but meh. I should be able to get the milestone rewards no problem.

Well, I my mono fire team isn't great. I was using Fire Idol and Fire Spirit before getting Head Thief Leon and Witch Liza. Got Sacred Flame Lava, Professor Lorand and God Arm Galant. Galant sucks so bad for BC. If only Cayena dropped for me. :( Not expecting to get very high, but I want a few gems from the milestone rewards.
Everyone is freaking high with their mono fire team.

Draxal

SBBs don't really do anything in the Arena, although 6* Lava is probably the best leader for a Fire party regardless. Maybe Kagatsuchi for degenerative stuff.

My party is just trouncing, even with no 6* units, although I'm using newer units (Cayena, Kagatsuchi, Falron x2, Seria) It is actually pretty refreshing not having to deal with nearly guaranteed turn 2 BB parties, and the fact that there is no weakness since Water units are completely out.

I won't get the good rank-# rewards, but meh. I should be able to get the milestone rewards no problem.

Farlon/Cayenas are really good for this due to Farlon's short bb fill up rate, and Cayena's bb generating rate.

My initial hunch about gems being wasted on this event up until the end seems to basically be true.

I've caught up to the leaders due to the fact that you can always challenge guys way ahead of you in points. Even once you get to Worshipped you can just look at the leaderboards and only challenge those people.

And from a "daily points" standpoint, you'd get much better bang out of gemming metal parades pot and idol missions than gemming the event.

So umm, grats to those guys for wasting $ to get there first I suppose. They should have saved those gems till the end, which is the only time it will potentially matter.

Kinda stinks that you have to be top 1000 to evolve the guy though. I won't be up playing that late at night on a work-night so I'll probably fall out at the last minute.

My initial hunch about gems being wasted on this event up until the end seems to basically be true.

I've caught up to the leaders due to the fact that you can always challenge guys way ahead of you in points. Even once you get to Worshipped you can just look at the leaderboards and only challenge those people.

And from a "daily points" standpoint, you'd get much better bang out of gemming metal parades pot and idol missions than gemming the event.

So umm, grats to those guys for wasting $ to get there first I suppose. They should have saved those gems till the end, which is the only time it will potentially matter.

Kinda stinks that you have to be top 1000 to evolve the guy though. I won't be up playing that late at night on a work-night so I'll probably fall out at the last minute.

I have a feeling this event will come back in the future. That's what they always do; recycle events through out the year. So I wouldn't worry about getting him, you'll get another shot in the future.

I have a feeling this event will come back in the future. That's what they always do; recycle events through out the year. So I wouldn't worry about getting him, you'll get another shot in the future.

I have him already.

But you have to finish top 1000 to get the bulb to allow you to evolve him from 4* to 5*.

They can bring it back over and over and it doesn't matter, the odds of finishing in the top 1000 will just go down because next time there will be more people entering.

Kreed

I have him already.

But you have to finish top 1000 to get the bulb to allow you to evolve him from 4* to 5*.

They can bring it back over and over and it doesn't matter, the odds of finishing in the top 1000 will just go down because next time there will be more people entering.

Apparently they are releasing a dungeon later with the bulb in it.

Phades

I think it was interesting to give ranking rewards daily, in addition to overal tracking.

I was in the top 1000 on the first day, but then I had to sleep. I woke up and was around 8k. Struggled to get to worshiped and I'm still sitting around 5k rank. The bulbs and gods would have been nice. Not sure what I'm going to do with all the fire spirits though. The totem/pot rewards should have been much further down on the track to be useful for most folks.

It will be interesting to see what changes (if any) occur on tuesday, since the new unit requires miracle bulbs in addition to fire bulbs to evolve.

Expect similar events for the other elements first.

Final edit: (I hope)

Increased summon rates for the healers: Tree, Elimo, Lancia, Rashil. If you don't have a premuim healer and you want one, this is your best shot at it. I only got 15 gems left myself after blowing a bit trying to get login and duel gx. I dunno if 3 pulls is gonna cut it. Lol, if only by some miracle I could drop 4k in rank and nab one of those summon tickets...

Lan_97

Almost to worshiped rank. It's been a struggle so far. I started off with Aisha(6*) lead and 4x Cayena(5*) and tech gizmos to go for bb spam, but since I had built the team from scratch, they were all relatively low level (20-40). The team couldn't last through a round, and the bb's would be too weak when they did go off. Eventually I had to switch to Cayena lead and medulla/sacred for increased attack and bulk which seemed to fare better while I ran metal parades on the side.

Phades

My auto lose situations generally involved angelic foil teams with a lot of farlon/cayena. Both of their BBs don't hit super hard on their own, but when amplified are just enough to tap out most of my people from full health and I'm setup tanky with medullas and vargas lead. Everyone else with either hero stones, muramasa, (insert other here), I didn't have much issue with and generally came down to if/when my folks actually used their BB.

Lava leads were a higher win rate in general over everyone else for me surprisingly. I would have guessed that the atk bonus plus some charge rate increase would be better than +10hp, but it didn't seem to play out that way. Aisha with an angelic foil was just downright brutal. I think she was responsible for most of the single target kills I received on the first turn. Lorand didn't seem nearly as bad (except his bb, which just erased whoever he hit). Farlon leads without angelic foil weren't too bad either, since he hits like a feather by comparison to Aisha and is made out of tissue paper.

*Blah, did 3 pulls. Got michelle, lancia, and alyut. Was hoping for the tree or elimo. No more gems for me for a while. ><;

Alyut seems like a good pull aside from that though. Didn't need a breaker michelle, although breaker might be better than oracle typing for her. It is hard to say. :(

Top Bottom