• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Kreed

Glad it worked out for you. Just bringing him for the light/dark buffs alone helps with the points (if nothing else) considering you fight light/dark opponents round in the first round, in addition to leorone, lira, grah, and lillith.

Yeah, the combination of the dark buff and his leader skill made Tilith much easier to take down vs Lily Matah/Deemo lead and different bb spam leads. Usually I would get her to half health before running out of supplies and my team getting taken down.

Edit:

Should work since it has nothing to do with his leader skill, but I will try it and let you know.

I have Melchio and a Lily Matah so I'll see if I can pull it off next time someone puts up a Melchio lead.

Maxwell is getting more irritating.

Every single friend I had who was using a good Trial unit is now using Maxwell as their lead.

Maxwell is awful as a Trial leader.

I guess I'll either have to go trolling for friends or hope that a few of them switch off Maxwell for a while. :(

Corgi

Banned
surprised how many of yall are maxwell ready here lol.

i pretty much RS 1/3 of my team saturday lol.

would love to get my 4* zelnite, darvanshel, and old 5* lily to 6* this week and to 100 and to sbb, and get spanked by rng jesus :(

razterik

I have Melchio and a Lily Matah so I'll see if I can pull it off next time someone puts up a Melchio lead.

dTt018l.jpg

heoP7YT.jpg

3CHrKai.jpg

Confirmed working for squad member and friend leader. First image activated some BBs, including Matah. Second is after my Melchio SBB, third is after friend SBB.

Corgi

Banned
hmmm... doesn't seem like the benefit is as good as zelnite, which can activate the instant bc with just a bb, but its a pretty decent substitute.

Lockon

Welp Halloween units are out in the summon gate.....could not resist since I have 50 gems on hand already. Didn't get one in the 10 pulls. Got Semira from 10 consecutive pulls.

I wonder if I could get a dupe if I do another 10 pulls or if it will give me the other unit. Probably still could get a dupe lol.

I kinda want both of them...fuck:(

Corgi

Banned
Welp Halloween units are out in the summon gate.....could not resist since I have 50 gems on hand already. Didn't get one in the 10 pulls. Got Semira from 10 consecutive pulls.

I wonder if I could get a dupe if I do another 10 pulls or if it will give me the other unit. Probably still could get a dupe lol.

its really shitty that to get the OP sphere requires one of the halloween gals to even enter the lvl4 dungeon.

seems like reddit bfpro and AI are in talks with the devs though.

this was bugged when they were added to the rs gate. you get one of either unit as a gift after five summons instead of ten. not sure if this was fixed after the patch. check your gift box again?

broz0rs

The "news" section of the game clearly states 10 pulls. I'm going to take a look at some of the YouTubers and see what their success rate is like before I pull. This event almost seems as if it the rates will be so low that you will have to pull ten times.

In any case, the two Halloween units seem very strong for five stars. 18 bc charge for Ciara and 20 bc charge for Semira means they will be excellent units for Arena. I wonder how strong their six star forms will be.

The "news" section of the game clearly states 10 pulls.

that's right. when i say bugged, people were able to get one of the units after doing only five summons (me included), instead of ten. but that was the first few minutes of the event, so that might have been fixed after the patch.

I successfully got Maxwell on try # 15 or so.

My party was:

Zelnite(leader)
Grahdens(leader)
Darvanshel
Michele
Oulu
Tree

Tree with Drevas + Evil Shard, Darvanshel with Dandelga + Evil Shard. All others with Legwands.

Items were Fujin Potion, Fujin Tonic, Revive, Revive Light, and Goddess Idol. I used the Goddess Idols on the last two Destiny waves to make damn sure the guy who used 1/2 damage survived.

I know most people don't have two capped 1/2 damage guys for use, so most people can't really go my route. But it was wonderful to be able to reduce damage that much.

Kreed

its really shitty that to get the OP sphere requires one of the halloween gals to even enter the lvl4 dungeon.

seems like reddit bfpro and AI are in talks with the devs though.

Yeah I'm not liking this event at all. The fire arena was bad enough just from how much you had to play to get the event unit, but at least you didn't have to spend gems to have a chance at getting the exclusive units (and dungeon).

Dreavus

When did they reduce the amount of time it takes to restore energy? I noticed just yesterday that it seems to be every 2.5 minutes instead of 6 minutes. Is this an event thing or something to do with my overall rank?

Phades

When did they reduce the amount of time it takes to restore energy? I noticed just yesterday that it seems to be every 2.5 minutes instead of 6 minutes. Is this an event thing or something to do with my overall rank?

This was an update that mirrored a change that occurred in the JP version of the game about a month ago. The global version has had the 3 minute recharge occurred on october 10th iirc which was right around the time they had a honor summon event that allowed for burst frogs and crystals to come out of the gate, hatsune miku getting released in a vortex dungeon for capture, and shortly after that the trial of the gods vortexes.

broz0rs

Any quick advice om completing End in Frontier Hunter?

What about item sets?

marauder set and you pretty much just need to BB spam every level to death. the level is pretty much designed in a way that if your team is strong enough you should beat it and get every item.

Shouta

I need to get the top score in End to get that Sphere Frog. =/

I can't seem to kill stuff fast enough to get beyond the stat imps though.

Corgi

Banned
still can't beat tilith, but i got everything else so im good.

deemo is seriously the mvp unit of this FH. Being able to fully or near fully recover SBB with well time sparks against 1 unit easily makes him the best BB spam leader imo. Sure its overkill for the most part, but overkill matters in FH.

HomesIice

2/2 attempts at Maxwell has been a failure :(

Would anyone have any advice for her besides counting?
It's actually Jugg/Abaddon that gives me trouble wahhh

My #1 Maxwell advice, which applies to Juggernaut and Abaddon as well, is that survival is far more important than damage, outside of that final few rounds where you are going for the final kill.

If it takes three times as many rounds as normal but you survive, that's all that matters.

For example, I would guard with Oulu against Juggernaut every turn in which I did not have 1/2 damage buff up, even if he was at full health.

I would defend with Grah against Maxwell nearly every turn, only letting him out at all when I needed his damage buff.

broz0rs

I just noticed you can craft Medulla and Legwand gems now. Was this part of the patch?

Those Halloween spheres would have definitely been OP if they were not stat boosts. My gems are staying put lol

Phades

I just noticed you can craft Medulla and Legwand gems now. Was this part of the patch?

Those Halloween spheres would have definitely been OP if they were not stat boosts. My gems are staying out lol

You will need raid materials to craft the medulla style spheres and above. So, we should be getting raids anytime now.... It was part of the big update that happened a few days ago.

The halloween spheres should still be useful in some situations (parades, farming, when sparking matters etc) since they increase hits and consequently drop checks and spark opportunities.

I'm more worried that those units, given how their 5* forms are setup, end up getting complimentary SBB skills and bonus LS augmentations that will make them too good in general. I mean, we should get another chance at them when the 6* form is released, but that would seem like chasing the wrong end of the car down the street if it is anything like the miracle bulb situation from before.

Well got 1.8 million esteem points with a Luther helper. He had a Batootha and his attack was 2.8k attack as Anima. Absolutely destroyed Tilith. Scored better than any of my Maxwell friends.

Only had 16 gems and I wanted a Ciara. First summon, got a breaker Ciara. Well, that was easy. I guess everyone who gets either unit from the gate are 5 stars?

Phades

Only had 16 gems and I wanted a Ciara. First summon, got a breaker Ciara. Well, that was easy. I guess everyone who gets either unit from the gate are 5 stars?

Both units are 5* only with a future 6* form. Makes pulling hard since rainbow gates are kinda rare.

The anniversary event seems like an interesting give away series. I hope they stick to it and not have issues like in August. I'm eyeballing the "super honor summon" on the 21st through the 30th for frogs. Although no mention of sphere frogs and imps from it though, which is what I was hoping for.

Shouta

Both units are 5* only with a future 6* form. Makes pulling hard since rainbow gates are kinda rare.

The anniversary event seems like an interesting give away series. I hope they stick to it and not have issues like in August. I'm eyeballing the "super honor summon" on the 21st through the 30th for frogs. Although no mention of sphere frogs and imps from it though, which is what I was hoping for.

Super Honor Summon on the 21st!? All this point stockpiling gonna pay off again. =D

I'm up to 17600 honor points again and still going.

Corgi

Banned
hope its more crystals than frogs. like 1/4 of my box is frogs atm because stupid gifts expire now.

think im gonna use all the free gems to expand item/unit boxes. not like there are any units i must need any time soon.

maybe when elza 6* hits.

Lockon

So best place to farm money right is where?

And karma too?

Also I have a huge problem. I pulled until I got both Halloween units :/

HomesIice

whats your party(s)?

what's your squad, or what problems are you having with them?

Well what I've been using is
6* Lilith SBB5
6* Luther SBB10
5* Grah BB3
6* Oulu SBB10
6* Elimo (Not maxed)
6* Lily Matah SBB? (Friend)

I guess my main problem is getting past the first 2 bosses? By the time I reach Maxwell, I've burnt out :/

I am maxing out a second Lilith atm so we'll see how that goes :/

razterik

Been running Maxwell two or three times a day since she came out. Made it through today with this squad. Grah lead, and Darvanshel friend with BB abilities on Matah/Zelnite let me use damage mitigation almost every turn, which saved me from many random Destinys while stuck in the revive loop near the end.

Corgi

Banned
Just a psa. Do prologue stage 1 while you can. 15 energy for a high chance of getting crystal god is way better than metal parade

Done with FH and my rank is or was 2237. Its decreasing for all the last minute gemmers. Pretty confident it'll stay under 3,000 with less than 10 minutes to go. Also hackers will get removed from the leaderboards.

HomesIice

i've yet to play the new continents, but for both gold and karma I really like the lv.5 Friday vortex.

I don't see a unit that neutralizes effects. Are you just relying on consumables?

Yep consumables (i.e. just stimulants), but i did realise I need a ailment null unit
I just thought Grah/Lily leads were necessary

Lockon

Narza is out. If you still need a damage mitigation. This is the last Unit for the unforseeable future.

Is he better than the other ones? Or any of this new units are power creepers?

Probably going to save summoning ticket until way later since I havent max out Zelnite, Darv, or Raydn yet...

Narza is clearly better than Oulu.

Narza vs. Darvanshel is really dependent on your other units.

Darvanshel does damage, while Narza increases BB gain. Note that by virtue of doing damage Darvanshel helps BB gain a little making this hard to quantify.

Darvanshel has leader status immunity, Narza SBB status immunity.

For something like Maxwell, I'd still take Darvanshel. During the hectic res race the ability to do damage while still mitigating was huge.

Corgi

Banned
Narza is clearly better than Oulu.

Narza vs. Darvanshel is really dependent on your other units.

Darvanshel does damage, while Narza increases BB gain. Note that by virtue of doing damage Darvanshel helps BB gain a little making this hard to quantify.

Darvanshel has leader status immunity, Narza SBB status immunity.

For something like Maxwell, I'd still take Darvanshel. During the hectic res race the ability to do damage while still mitigating was huge.

narza does have a pseudo lily matah effect, so you could sub her out for another attacker i believe.

Phades

narza does have a pseudo lily matah effect, so you could sub her out for another attacker i believe.

Fair trade would be for Zelnite in that instance i think. Then again, you could go tia for your healer, rely on nazra for defense/status effects and have a more damage focused unit like Marudeth or Kaja.

This batch in general though is rather good.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Fair trade would be for Zelnite in that instance i think. Then again, you could go tia for your healer, rely on nazra for defense/status effects and have a more damage focused unit like Marudeth or Kaja.

This batch in general though is rather good.

I used my one free pull..

and got Tiara.

Alright. I did need #6.

Corgi

Banned
I am one of those rare people who did not use Lily Matah for Maxwell. /shrug

its doable for sure, but her BB regen for single target is second to none, so it does make quite a bit easier!

argh that feeling of you planned all your evolve mat properly but then wake up early to get some stuff done and accidentally sell a dragon mimic.

At least those are fairly easy to find in Quests. Would be bad if I sold like an idol or something.

Much the same as my comment on Darvanshel, I tried using Lily Matah but the fact that she is dark combined with the fact that her SBB does no damage made it harder.

Once I started using Zelnite instead my tries got much much better.

Phades

I used my one free pull..

and got Tiara.

Alright. I did need #6.

I resisted temptation this time around with the free summon ticket in the inbox. I just don't have enough gems stockpiled to grind through the random pulls until I hit something from the current batch. I'm going to have to wait until their 6* forms are released.

I'd be happy with anything out of the current batch of units, even though I'm kind of pining over Rowgen, Kuda, Nazra, and Ulkina.... Yeah, nevermind, I want all of them...

Top Bottom