• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

broz0rs

As expected with every major update, servers are dead.

Double spheres this update. What's the best combo for arena? Angelic foil with Muramasa or perhaps Exyl Shield?

Phades

As expected with every major update, servers are dead.

Double spheres this update. What's the best combo for arena? Angelic foil with Muramasa or perhaps Exyl Shield?

It is very important to note that, when equipping 2 spheres, only 1 stat sphere will be counted. So if you have an Angelic foil, other spheres in the 2nd slot won't count towards stats.

For arena, I'd imagine BC gen, lifesteal/heal on kill, injury/weakness/paralysis/curse spheres, and which of course would also be a nod towards status immunity spheres. Although, as it is now, with the ageis spheres and low charge BB users, a lot of that will be largely redundant. Hell, i've attacked people who ended up charging their BB during my turn effectively and wiped me out on their first turn without the 2 spheres thing existing yet.

Heaven wing blade and sol creators are going to be heavily employed in general though, not just for arena.

Phades

If we are to believe the news announcement last night, it was supposed to be up by now (8:00 AM pst, so 9am in reality).

Gumi is apparently having server issues following the update and they are still down without any other notification towards completion as far as i know.

The update is supposed to include the following:

º New Continent - Vriksha

º New Map - Lanara

º New Special Dungeons

º Palmyna - Valmodora's Nest

º Lizeria - Golzo Underground Lake

º Agni Region - Agni Dungeon

º Trial 003 - Maxwell

º Town Facility Upgrades

º New Items and Spheres

º Hostile Relic (Friday Dungeon) Lv. 5

º New Rare Summon Units

º Sphere Frogs (Material in Fusion which increases the sphere capacity of the base unit to 2!)

º Imp Units (Special units that when used in fusion have the unique ability of increasing the base unit's status parameters until a certain limit!)

º Increase Arena Rank cap (Arena Ranks of Top Players have been adjusted accordingly and rewards were sent to Presents Box)

º Bonus Honor Rewards from Quest (+80 Honor from Friends, +40 Honor from others)

º Fusion Rate Up! (Increased chance of GREAT SUCCESS & SUPER SUCCESS during fusion!)

reference

Nothing official on a honor rate up pushing the frogs/imps to the front yet if I read twofu's comments correctly.

they've also updated the daily log in awards (burst frogs!)

you can no longer do the arena trick where you see your opponent's points

gift box items now have expirations

maxwell! but haven't tried going in yet

was able to get in with no issues, but it seems that others are still getting errors

Phades

I don't know if they opened the flood gates or not, but groups/batches of folks were allowed in. At least, that is what is being speculated elsewhere.

Staggering the folks logging in seems like a sensible choice to balance load to be honest.

The no arena point value thing, i've read conflicting things about, but I'm inclined to believe that it went away since that's what it is like in the JP version. It will make going up in ranks through the mid to later ranks a really frustrating process if your win rate is below 80~90%, since one loss could easily wipe out many wins.

Robotziane

Neo Member
Well im managing to logon, only for the game to crash just as a fight starts. The issue seems to consistently happen at the same place....of course i was only to encounter this problem after having used a metal key!

lordcyno

i've read that the no arena point thing only affects the google play version

I tested it on my tablet running the google play version and I can't get it to show while it works on my phone using the amazon version

have to say goodbye to so many keys because of the mail thing

Getting rid of the point total in Arena is completely absurd.

Has there ever been an arena in any game ever where you can accidentally attack someone way behind you because you can't even tell where they are with respect to you?

Showing the number is how it should always be, not something to nerf. If you don't want to show numbers, at least put a +/- (as in ahead/behind).

broz0rs

The no arena point value thing, i've read conflicting things about, but I'm inclined to believe that it went away since that's what it is like in the JP version. It will make going up in ranks through the mid to later ranks a really frustrating process if your win rate is below 80~90%, since one loss could easily wipe out many wins.

iOS user here. It still works for me.

Thank goodness, considering I learned this trick last week lol

edit: cool! It has a replay feature that you can share via social media accounts. e-brag anyone?

edit2: testing my arena replay. https://t.co/qTrz4n7df0

Phades

Going to confirm the google play version is impacted (the version I have). I don't have any other versions to test that on though. (Went one win two losses, with a net change of around 40 positive. This is going to be a loooong week...)

If the iOS and Amazon version were not impacted, then it gives hope that it could get fixed for the google version getting corrected.

edit: cool! It has a replay feature that you can share via social media accounts. e-brag anyone?
That is a carry over feature from the questing version of it. I believe you can turn it off via the settings.

Lockon

Going to confirm the google play version is impacted (the version I have). I don't have any other versions to test that on though. (Went one win two losses, with a net change of around 40 positive. This is going to be a loooong week...)

If the iOS and Amazon version were not impacted, then it gives hope that it could get fixed for the google version getting corrected.

I have the Amazon version and it is working fine.

I wished trial of the gods got extend a bit since because of the extended maintenance. I fell asleep while trying to do trial 3 last night...
This is what I get for doing all of it at the last day lol

The Amazon version sometimes lags the google play version by a week or two for small things. I assume this is one of them. No idea for iOS.

I would be ok with not knowing if the Arena was actually a game of skill. It's not. And now it's got yet another layer of luck thrown on top of it for no reason.

Phades

Also, in case anyone really cares, the EX dungeon in Lizeria spawns pots. If it does, you will get a wave of dark, water, thunder and a wave of fire, light, and earth. I haven't beaten agni, so i don't know about that one, but that ex dungeon is brutal from what i've read (~100k damage hits).

Also, the sphere frog text on fusion is still in japanese. lol...

broz0rs

Just completed a run of the new lv.5 Friday dungeon. You can still clear every round with SBB spam. I got 42k gold and 36k karma from that run.

Phades

Tried to do the level 5 item dungeon...

The game crashes every time when performing a drop check on Zahhak for whatever reason, so I'm basically stuck. There is no new version for me to update and the game isn't self updating on restart. =/

Also, check your inboxes, there is server downtime compensation in there in addition to stuff that is going to expire if it is over 30 days old.

Also, probably last for me today, but this is something everyone probably cares about.

Frontier hunter 7 starts at 7pm PST today (so 8pm cause daylight savings...).

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boards/59158-october-updates

broz0rs

Notable Frontier Hunter prizes are those elemental imps that improve stats. The final prize of the "End" level is a sphere frog. Terminus doesn't reward sphere frogs and is the same old Legwand gem.

Looks like sphere frogs will be really tough to get. Did anybody get one and which unit did you fuse it to?

I got the Sphere Frog and all the imp frogs out of FH.

I haven't decided what to do with them yet.

I think Darvanshel will get the first Sphere Frog. I think. Rumor has it the 6* form comes out today, and if so that'll probably seal the deal.

I made a couple attempts at Maxwell. I think I could win but it's going to require a lot of luck. On one run I had an 11k health/2k defense unit die through the 50% damage reduction buff...on a so-called "easy" round, because Maxwell all-out targetted him. So...umm...yah.

Got all the rewards from FH. Got 1.5 mil as my score, but couldn't beat Tilith. Will switch out Douglas for Leorone and see if it helps me survive going through Grahdens without burning a bunch of consumables.

Glad I finally got my Legwand though.

Kreed

Got all the rewards from FH except I didn't beat Terminus due to the extra Tilith round they added at the end. But I'm glad my team was able to get all the rewards this time so I don't care as much (Deemo made Grahdens simple and Leorone made the difference defense wise for all the rounds).

Not sure who I should give the Sphere Frog to. Leader wise I mostly use Deemo these days and it just seems like a waste to use anything on a free unit. I'll just save it for now.

Robotziane

Neo Member
For anyone having trouble with the game crashing during a fight I may have come across a fix. If your leaders ability is to cause status ailments switch your leader. This has worked for me so it's worth a shot.

Corgi

Banned
Lets do this. Dropping cash for 120 gems. Come on shield dude!

Edit:

80 gems down finally got shield!
Also 2 zelnites and a melchio and ahvel and mariudeth

Corgi

Banned
guess i got lucky with 13 pulls, anima too! was losing hope,

but yeah do remember if you dont have oulu, darvanshel is pretty much a necessity for later content, so might empty the pockets if you want to still play this for a while T_T

Xetherion

guess i got lucky with 13 pulls, anima too! was losing hope,

but yeah do remember if you dont have oulu, darvanshel is pretty much a necessity for later content, so might empty the pockets if you want to still play this for a while T_T

Lol, seeing this convinced me to buy more gems, went for the 50 pack since it has a bonus 8 for 58 total right now. First pull...

Copra (B)

Lol... so to keep trying for Dshel or not... I have everyone else in the batch at this point so any other rate up unit would just be a dupe...

Edit: ROFL, decided to keep pulling for Dshel, first pull after Copra...

Darvanshel (O)

Lol I can't believe I finally got him right after I got Copra/Oulu. Damn Oracle typing but oh well.

Corgi

Banned
pulled 5 times, 2 gurdian darv back to back, 1 raydn 1 breaker zelnite (and i have a 5* maxed oracle), and one shitiara

not shabby. Raydn is really underrated imo.

biggest spark buff in the game so far, and def ignore seems like its gonna play a bigger role over time.

Gah. Had Maxwell all the way down to a sliver of health, with all 5 Fujins still available, out of Revives and item heals, and right then he decides to double destiny Luther and then kill Grah in the same round, through Guard and Darvanshel's ability.

I had her. I HAD HER! Arggh.

Phades

Gah. Had Maxwell all the way down to a sliver of health, with all 5 Fujins still available, out of Revives and item heals, and right then he decides to double destiny Luther and then kill Grah in the same round, through Guard and Darvanshel's ability.

I had her. I HAD HER! Arggh.

Was that your first killing or the follow up? Maxwell does revive with ~200k hp from the buff she does every 3 turns.

I heard the RNG is a beast with this particular trial too, but reading what you went through twice makes me wince. I'm almost inclined to believe that folks who have beaten her were using lily matah/melchio "it's a bug/feature" energy generation thing and just powering through it with BB spam. I haven't asked my friend if that's the case with his maxwell or not though...

---------

I've done tons better with FH this season exclusively due to deemo I think. I can't believe how amazing he is overal. I've got all the prizes and beat tillith about 70% of the time using deemo and grah leads with amy, ranma, michele, and raydn. My amy, grah, and michele need more SBB levels though ><; . Although, LOL @ the SGX round on the End course. HP threshold triggered SBB spam is just so awesome especially on such tanky units.

I tried some pulls too, did 5 and manage to nab a lily matah, so I called it good. The game apparently wants me to make a meta arena team with farlon and ophelia for whateve reason though.

Check you inboxes, extra metal key in there for the SMP which can't hurt after releasing a new set of 6*s. I thought that they messed up again, since I saw 3 of Hogar's group featured on saturday before Darvenshel's batch came up an hour or so later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I tried pulling for the affectionately named "Darvan"shel yesterday. And the game gave me.... DARVAN, the Earth guy who looks like a Gundam / Shield had a baby, who apparently sucks as just... a different Zelban. At least he looks cool!

INOMofd.gif

My next 2 hard-fought pulls (A summon Ticket and Frontier Hunter Gems) basically gave me dupes. :(

No Altri, Elimo, Darvan, Olulu... They seem not to like giving me healer or Damage reduce units. I'm really happy with a Majority of my Pulls, but getting the wrong Darvan really rubbed me the wrong way, haha. I like my Exvhel (30% HP boos is so nice) and eventual Gravion, but they don't seem to have the same legs...

Cleared Terminus with a Maxwell friend. Crazy boost in damage adding her as a helper. Leorone wasn't cutting it for me, so Douglas and Deemo pulling some work.

No idea who to use my sphere frog on and I still got all my imps. Maybe on my anima Zelnite once I get him to 6? Kinda wanted to use it on a unit with more damage.

broz0rs

I still haven't beat Tilith yet, even though my top score on Tetminus is 1.36 mil.

Maxwell friend was allowing me to beat rounds 2-6 in just one round. Took Grah down to 30% health in one round, then he took down half of my team in retaliation lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I still haven't beat Tilith yet, even though my top score on Tetminus is 1.36 mil.

Maxwell friend was allowing me to beat rounds 2-6 in just one round. Took Grah down to 30% health in one round, then he took down half of my team in retaliation lol

My top score is 1.6m and I haven't beat her yet either :p

Phades

Beating grah "cleanly" and subsequently beating tillith, for me, seems entirely linked to if I stick injury on them at some point which neuters their damage output entirely. Although vanishing wave and hollow wave (grah) and tillith's battle steel are still really freaking annoying regardless since they seem to be tagged to hp thresholds.

I heard the RNG is a beast with this particular trial too, but reading what you went through twice makes me wince. I'm almost inclined to believe that folks who have beaten her were using lily matah/melchio "it's a bug/feature" energy generation thing and just powering through it with BB spam. I haven't asked my friend if that's the case with his maxwell or not though...

never knew that glitch existed, interesting.

was finally able to get maxwell yesterday (after 20+ attempts with various team combinations) with lily matah (leader), grah (friend), lilith, altri, amy, and olu. the tree and lilith were using double spheres (both status spheres, tree with evil shard, lilith with omni gizmo). amy was a great support here, and i was able to bring down all three bosses with less turns with her help, which is something that needs to be considered now that I think about it (less turns = less items used? and better chances of bringing her down after she revives herself). i'll finally get some sleep! lol

Noirulus

I finally got all the FH rewards. Legwand get! Deemo's leader skill too OP.

Couldn't beat Tilith, though. Grah killed my Deemo :( I ran Deemo (Lead), Luther (SBB), Michele(SBB 6), SGX (SBB 6), 5* Raydn, Lodin (SBB 10, Friend)

I want to evo Darv and Lily in order to take on Maxwell, but I don't have any evo materials :/

Was that your first killing or the follow up? Maxwell does revive with ~200k hp from the buff she does every 3 turns.

It was right before first kill, but this was the last turn that was seriously a threat. I mentioned having all 5 Fujin potions because that meant I had an easy path to victory, I could SBB repeatedly to finish her off.

I was literally one turn away from delayed Victory.

Phades

never knew that glitch existed, interesting.

was finally able to get maxwell yesterday (after 20+ attempts with various team combinations) with lily matah (leader), grah (friend), lilith, altri, amy, and olu. the tree and lilith were using double spheres (both status spheres, tree with evil shard, lilith with omni gizmo). amy was a great support here, and i was able to bring down all three bosses with less turns with her help, which is something that needs to be considered now that I think about it (less turns = less items used? and better chances of bringing her down after she revives herself). i'll finally get some sleep! lol

Damn, 20 attempts? I'm no where near ready yet, but 1,000 energy dumped on this already? Wow. Props you got fortitude there.

Out of curiosity though, which aspect of Amy made her valuable? The ST high hit damage?

It was right before, but this was the last turn that was seriously a threat. I mentioned having all 5 Fujin potions because that meant I had an easy path to victory, I could SBB repeatedly to finish her off.

I was literally one turn away from delayed Victory.
I get you now. That does sting. Conceptually speaking, I was thinking I was going to have to sacrifice a team during the maxwell fight and then have a follow up team to end it in the following two turns one way or another using a similar mindset of burndown with fujin potions. No idea how long it will take before I'm anywhere near ready to try that though.

Damn, 20 attempts? I'm no where near ready yet, but 1,000 energy dumped on this already? Wow. Props you got fortitude there.

Out of curiosity though, which aspect of Amy made her valuable? The ST high hit damage?

I get you now. That does sting. Conceptually speaking, I was thinking I was going to have to sacrifice a team during the maxwell fight and then have a follow up team to end it in the following two turns one way or another using a similar mindset of burndown with fujin potions. No idea how long it will take before I'm anywhere near ready to try that though.

yep, since when the trial started, and I used up around 10+ gems over the weekend. -_-

using juggernaut as a reference, with double grah leads/lily matah-grah/uda-grah, i usually take him down in 13-15 turns, whereas with amy, only 10-12, because of her attack buff. getting maxwell's hp down faster would mean less stressing over sustaining your team's survivability, in terms of managing the usage of your items and maintaining your sbb/bb levels. it also helps that she's a non-dark unit, and has good bb generation and sbb fill rate (bb crystals generated during your team's attacks + 2-3 hits from maxwell fills up her sbb thanks to lily matah's ls). if she has full hp, when maxwell uses destiny, or during her second turn with sacred song, i can attack with full sbb on (together with lilith, oulu, and even sometimes tree). situation would be different if say, i were using a double grah lead, with lily matah, and all three are guarding during those attacks. i can understand now why people are using double liliths, or need dalvanshell for this fight.

i ended up using only one revive (the only one i have!) plus some potions, and going all out with the healing items and fujins after maxwell used her endless ability. amy and grah were dead before i dealt the killing blow on her.

Kreed

I've done tons better with FH this season exclusively due to deemo I think. I can't believe how amazing he is overal. I've got all the prizes and beat tillith about 70% of the time using deemo and grah leads with amy, ranma, michele, and raydn. My amy, grah, and michele need more SBB levels though ><; . Although, LOL @ the SGX round on the End course. HP threshold triggered SBB spam is just so awesome especially on such tanky units.

Finally beat Tilith thanks to this post (didn't even think to use Grahdens). Thanks.

His SBB charges your squad as if they were taking damage. Can be done with multiple Melchio in the same team.

Can you do this with one Melchio in your party and a friend Melchio leader?

Phades

yep, since when the trial started, and I used up around 10+ gems over the weekend. -_-
But hey, you did it and now get to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

using juggernaut as a reference, with double grah leads/lily matah-grah/uda-grah, i usually take him down in 13-15 turns, whereas with amy, only 10-12, because of her attack buff.
I didn't think that her debuffs stuck on these bosses. Nice. The rest of the info is useful too. It will just be a while before I can actually use it. Next weekend at the absolute earliest, but that would be assuming a lot of favorable things happen for me, so probably longer.

Finally beat Tilith thanks to this post (didn't even think to use Grahdens). Thanks.
Glad it worked out for you. Just bringing him for the light/dark buffs alone helps with the points (if nothing else) considering you fight light/dark opponents round in the first round, in addition to leorone, lira, grah, and lillith.

Top Bottom