• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Corgi

Banned
Because neither Lily Matah nor Zelnite is worth putting in a Maxwell party as a non-leader?
Hmmm. I feel like zelnite could work ok to top off BC for mitigation.

Still planning my maxwell party.

Think going.

Lily
Darvanshel
Tree
Lilith
Zelnite

Darvanshel

Might switch Darvanshel friend for grah if dps isn't enough

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just a psa. Do prologue stage 1 while you can. 15 energy for a high chance of getting crystal god is way better than metal parade

This is a good tip. I'm getting a bunch of crystals and bb fodder. Thanks!

Shouta

Oulu, Narza and Darvanshel will probably all have different uses. Oulu is definitely still the tankiest of the damage reduction. leader ability with that extra def/hp and then the reduction is too good if you don't need to worry about status and bearing through attacks is of the utmost importance.

razterik

Because neither Lily Matah nor Zelnite is worth putting in a Maxwell party as a non-leader?

I disagree. I took both as subs when I beat Maxwell and it was the easiest run I had in all my attempts. Matah is a tank compared to tissue paper Grah and Zelnite has amazing stats, way better than Lilith. Matah S/BB keeps everyone else's available even as a sub because Maxwell attacks so much. Zelnite's auto fill will also save you if you end up short on heal/mitigation BBs. His attack and HC/BC drop are a bonus.

Hmmm. I feel like zelnite could work ok to top off BC for mitigation.

Still planning my maxwell party.

Think going.

Lily
Darvanshel
Tree
Lilith
Zelnite

Darvanshel

Might switch Darvanshel friend for grah if dps isn't enough

Double mitigation is amazing for this trial. And Darvanshel is great at it. You probably need a Grah lead though for the stat boost. It's hard to stay alive with normal HP when a lot of the attacks are for fixed damage amounts. I would sub Lily and lead Grah, drop Zelnite or Lilith.

Corgi

Banned
What's the best use of sphere frog on? Douglas? Michele? Darvanshel? Lilly Matah?

naturally units that won't get outright replaced anytime soon. Darvanshel to get a legwand and a bb boost is probably the best out of yours listed.

didn't even realize until now that ulkina's BB is a heal. That actually makes her extremely versatile and might be the best unit out of the batch O.O

What's the best use of sphere frog on? Douglas? Michele? Darvanshel? Lilly Matah?

Depends on your units. Darvanshel and Lily Matah are both long-term enough I'd be fine using them. Douglas has been outclassed but is still good enough if you don't have the newer stuff.

Maxwell is the only total no brainer right now.

Other units I'd rank way up there are Oulu, Narza, any healer you use frequently, Zelnite, Elza, or Arena units.

broz0rs

Are Maxwell's attacks only light based or does he casts buffs that gives him other elemental attacks? It's so hard to imagine seeing how Grah survives that fight considering how much of a paperweight he is.

Corgi

Banned
Are Maxwell's attacks only light based or does he casts buffs that gives him other elemental attacks? It's so hard to imagine seeing how Grah survives that fight considering how much of a paperweight he is.

well he's pretty much always on guard unless you are applying light/dark.

TimeKillr

So this morning I used my free pull from my summon ticket..

I pulled a Darvanshel! He's Oracle type though, but still.

Well screw it, I bought gems lol

Here's my total pulls:
Darvanshel O
Farlon B
Ulkina L
Tiara A
Mariudeath L
Zelban O
Golem B
Darvan A
Darvan A
Rowgen L
Narza O

Not too bad, although the dupes suck (I already had a Farlon, Zelban and Tiara, but at least this Tiara is A-type so it's better!)

Xetherion

So this morning I used my free pull from my summon ticket..

I pulled a Darvanshel! He's Oracle type though, but still.

Well screw it, I bought gems lol

Here's my total pulls:
Darvanshel O
Farlon B
Ulkina L
Tiara A
Mariudeath L
Zelban O
Golem B
Darvan A
Darvan A
Rowgen L
Narza O

Not too bad, although the dupes suck (I already had a Farlon, Zelban and Tiara, but at least this Tiara is A-type so it's better!)

You got all 3 rate up units, that's very good. I did 14 pulls and only got Ulkina.

Corgi

Banned
Got 40 gems still but will pass on current batch. Great units if you are missing certain types, but nothing game changing if you have most of the current metagame units.

I will again stress that if you are missing damage mitigation, this is the last batch as of today that has that, and good luck doing maxwell or future raids without one.

TimeKillr

You got all 3 rate up units, that's very good. I did 14 pulls and only got Ulkina.

Yeah I consider myself lucky on this.

What's more, Rowgen is insane at 6* - his SBB refills every time you use it, and it's a single hit, so it's super easy to spark.

I'm moving towards a team with Miku lead - Rowgen - Ulkina - Darvanshel - something else. I was told to use my Phee by reddit, but I'm not entirely sure why. I was thinking maybe Aem (I have a 6* aem with his SBB unlocked) or Sefia (simply because my Sefia is 6* SBB lvl 10) but we'll have to see. Miku + Ulkina + Darvanshel are awesome for BC generation, and it should help keep Darvanshel's buff up every single turn.

Phades

Huh. I'm surprised how easy that is.
I got 3 crystals out of every 6 runs.

Game hates me apparently. I've done 10 runs and 0 crystals showed up. I saw a pot on just about every run and miracle bulbs 1 in 3 runs roughly. I'm about to give up on this, since I still need to farm for the halloween sphere that I can still get. :(

Although, on the plus side for the halloween event, i'm grabbing sky fangs and forever bones which saves me the trouble for farming a couple things. If only it dropped spring stones instead.

I snagged the free Halloween sphere, and it's just...wow.

I put it on Deemo who already has a ridiculously high crystal generation and now my Arena party is not only getting second turn BBs, it's getting second turn SBBs.

I may have to swap out Lira, because her SBB is bad for the Arena.

Phades

I snagged the free Halloween sphere, and it's just...wow.

I put it on Deemo who already has a ridiculously high crystal generation and now my Arena party is not only getting second turn BBs, it's getting second turn SBBs.

I may have to swap out Lira, because her SBB is bad for the Arena.

How I understand it is, folks are getting rid of Lira/Farlon/Ophelia in favor of Dilma, Deemo, (or melchio/grybe if they have both halloween spheres) and another heavy hitter since they can put in phee/zelha and tweak it so basically everyone has either BB or SBB on the 2nd turn every time and do signifigantly more damage in the process.

The amusing part about those spheres are, they do basically equivilant damage to muramasa and angelic foil unless hitting a really high defense target and reducing the additional hit damage to 0.

Melchio is apparently pretty absurd with the spheres as well. I mean, SOL creator + that sphere on something with 27+ checks is just silly....

Corgi

Banned
hmmm, now that prologue is closed. might as well do the halloween spheres (also random pulled one of the halloween ladies the other day).

Are they hard/pain to craft? How is the final stage boss? Watching videos made it seem like he had halo regenerating shields, so you need certain dps or your stuck in a loop.

It took pretty much no effort to earn the lesser sphere (I don't have the Halloween units for the greater).

I did notice the best return on bones was the first mission. I'd get the same drops on level 1 as 2 as 3, and of course 1 was cheapest energy wise.

Corgi

Banned
yeah its pretty easy. didn't realize i needed 5* to go to the stage 4, so i spend most of my day doing bulb dungeon because the mat i need won't freaking drop.

now i just need a bat mimic.

Xetherion

yeah its pretty easy. didn't realize i needed 5* to go to the stage 4, so i spend most of my day doing bulb dungeon because the mat i need won't freaking drop.

now i just need a bat mimic.

I had the same problem, only i don't have any Dark Idols. Spent all my energy trying to farm one in Cave of Malice but nada. Oh well. At least i got the Hallowed Skull. Threw it on my Elza and it's been great for Arena.

Corgi

Banned
welp. first time maxwell. completely lost count and really underestimated how strong Endless is :X

but yeah dual darvanshel is the way to rock. pretty much mitigation up every turn.

Ferga

I can't seem to beat Maxwell on global. 6 tries and everytime I get my altri or lilly matah destiny targetted to death before endless.

I beat maxwell on my first try in JP with worse units.

This is so damn lame.

Shouta

They any good?

Anyway, I just maxed Darvanshel and got him up to SBB for now. I'll work on getting that up for Narza this week too.

Phades

I want to pull for kuda, but i don't think I have enough gems stored up to get a reasonable chance at it. 25+ a ticket, just doesn't seem like enough offhand, in spite of a lot of folks posting joy about it.

They any good?

Anyway, I just maxed Darvanshel and got him up to SBB for now. I'll work on getting that up for Narza this week too.
The "least exciting" of the group, to me, is Kuhla who has a zelnite equivilant BB bump on use with AOE damage attached on teh regular BB, with the SBB having +4 BB charge per turn for 3 turns, a michele class attack buff and AOE damage.

The rest are more exciting in general since they attempt to fill multiple roles while having near enough to the strongest effects of each.

Kuda is michele+SGX basically, just without the elemental shifts and his LS is zelha/phee basically making him a decent choice for arena.

Having nazra gives the option to run him in place of lily matah assuming you also have zelnite to cover the one of the missing buffs and be more flexible in the remaining unit choices.

Rowgen is like lillith, but harder hitting (except against earth units) and has interesting applications for sphere effects that do retaliation damage.

Ulkina is like the tree, but with better stats, less expensive heal in terms of cost, and can be offensive if needed. Tia has the strongest heal in the game and has BB regen on her SBB.

Nothing "bad" with this batch (unlike a couple of other batches), it just depends on what you "need" really.

2 summon tickets and 5 gems later:

Aem(B) Shows his ugly mug again.
Narza(G) New
Rowgen(O) New

Well, not getting Kuda for a while. Saving the rest of my gems for Elza. Never got a freaking Michele though.

Corgi

Banned
god damn maxwell.

really wish rng didn't have such a factor on this fight. Got quite close the last time but ran out of revives and crit meteor took out my Tree.

broz0rs

You guys were right about that Halloween sphere. I slapped it on Michele (15-hit normal) and my Uda team gets their BB filled up every time. Some of them gets SBB charged. Second round five BBs going off is a thing of beauty.

The "least exciting" of the group, to me, is Kuhla who has a zelnite equivilant BB bump on use with AOE damage attached on teh regular BB, with the SBB having +4 BB charge per turn for 3 turns, a michele class attack buff and AOE damage.

If Kuhla is less exciting than Tia then you have a really weird definition of exciting.

Tia's heal is way overkill.

Corgi

Banned
Although i can see tia being useful if you want a defensive party with hp leaders.

Exvhel tia could make a viable maxwell party.

Phades

If Kuhla is less exciting than Tia then you have a really weird definition of exciting.

Tia's heal is way overkill.

I think the +4 BB per turn (strongest of its kind) on the SBB more interesting than the +8 instant BB and the +atk boost could come from elsewhere. The healing is bonus though and would allow for anima typings for stuff like Golem to not look like such a negative. The extra 2 turns of HOT afterwards reduces the need for immediate followup burst healing in many instances.

Although having both Kuhla and Zelnite in the same group would be amusing.

Corgi

Banned
i'm liking this batch with the multiple buffs for BB, but the issue is how to utilize them well. kuda on paper sounds amazing, but his buffs just aren't as good as sgx/michele.

narza is a good damage mitigator, but his status aliment removal is kinda pointless on him because you'd rather have a separate guy for that instead of debating to use your bb now vs later. And him not doing damage is an issue.

I'm sure this batch will find its uses now, or later though. Liking these batches that aren't just straight replacements of older stuff though.

Phades

i'm liking this batch with the multiple buffs for BB, but the issue is how to utilize them well. kuda on paper sounds amazing, but his buffs just aren't as good as sgx/michele.

narza is a good damage mitigator, but his status aliment removal is kinda pointless on him because you'd rather have a separate guy for that instead of debating to use your bb now vs later. And him not doing damage is an issue.

I'm sure this batch will find its uses now, or later though. Liking these batches that aren't just straight replacements of older stuff though.

The batch is mostly space savers really.

Kuda + amanohabaken = max crit. Even in a team where you have maxwell, think of it in another way. Instead of taking up 3 spots to get to max crits and an attack boost (can't unless you double up on crit items with maxwell alone), you get to it with just 2 positions used. It is a similar argument for using Mariudeth over Zebra + SGX. In the Mariudeth example, you achieve max crit with amanohabaken just like with kuda, his crit boost to damage is 50% less, but you have a stronger unit dealing the damage and you free up a spot for another dedicated damage dealer like hogar, kajah, dilma, etc. The elemental change buff is still useful, but is easier to get a spread of them with the batch following this one opposed to michele's batch or just use shida for something like raid or FH. The elemental change buff not applying to elemental weakness augmentation is a bummer, but it makes it less of an issue unless facing opponents where you are weak against in element, which you would be swapping out units anyhow for optimal performance.

Nazra is a similar situation, but the core team composition is shifted. Instead of running lily matah, darvanshel, and the tree, you would be running nazra, zelnite, and either ulkina or tia for example and probably running a net positive on BB gen when attacking by comparison to the Lily group and questionably better in raw defense due to Nazra's LS vs. Darvenshel's SBB. For straight guarding rounds, Lily's group would pull out ahead though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I can't believe how bad my pulls have been on this latest batch.

After getting Semira in my first time buying gems (hope her 6* is awesome), I pulled a Narza, and then saved the rest for this batch...

4 pulls: Kukri, Guardian Copra (ok, this isn't bad), Princess Emilia, and a Dupe Battle Princess Ophelia. (-_-; )

I didn't think I'd be able to pull again over the time, but I beat some of the hero chronicles stuff I hadn't done, and a few stages, and had ONE LAST PULL, that I figured I'd try, since my brother pulled Kuda just a few hours before...

... and I get... HOLY KNIGHT WILL?!?! ARGH. I figured maybe I'd get something I'd want, since I was pulling on my Birthday, lol. Now I have everyone from that batch except Douglas... eesh.

I REALLY want a healer other than my Phoenix and a slowly-growing Rashil. No Altri, no Elimo, no Tiara... I would have loved to have Ulkina, Tia, Kulah... Save for the Copra, those other units are so old, I almost want to get rid if them. As I prefer running Rainbow Squads (First pull Logan is my main leader FOR ALL TIME), it would have been real nice to get some people to sub in some unusual elemental spots...

Ahh well, had to vent somewhere! Would have loved to have had "Heal Overkill" on my band of misfits, lol. Pairing her up with my Exvhel's 30% HP Increase would have felt great :( (Dilma with 10k HP, self healing for 100,000 HP is quite funny)

Well, there goes 20 gems.

Lancia (G) Dupe
Tia (G) A rainbow door, 5 star unit.
Rowgen (L) Dupe, but a better type.
Ciara (G) Dupe.

Never summon in a row. Space out your summons as much as possible. Still no Kuda and I do not need another healer haha.

Gotta save those gems again.

Top Bottom