• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

broz0rs

It does, so the dual maxwell approach is going to hit a wall rapidly when he gets let out. I'm guessing that's going to be a long and annoying fight considering his BB (normally) involves damage reduction and defense for 3 turns, while also being immune to status effects innately via leader skill.

That fight most likely will be Eric's time to shine (deemo and azazel too). I'll probably use my maxwell team and just try to straight tank it out. I'm leery about it though. On my JP account, I was no where near ready to fight this particular batch and just got roflstomped.

I noticed in the Aniel fight that her crit resistance was quite high and my team didn't rely on getting crits to kill her in two/three turns. Because of that experience, I'm going to try out a spark buff team with a Luther lead and see how that goes.

Perhaps it was getting late, but the latest El Gaia vortex is titled "Holy Revelation" and thus I assumed it was holy and assembled a dark team to challenge it. So umm yeah, that went pretty well lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
OUCH. Maxwel friend helped my team of

Matha lead
Dilma
Rashil
Ophelia
Narza

rip through Fast God Lucana lvl 5 pretty easy. For lvl 6, though, I used Olulu friend instead. It all went slow but OK until her pet died... and then I had no way near enough dependable damage to kill her. Her heals did too much, and "Liberation" suddenly did real damage.

My Dilma with SBB 5 does nearly 30k+ when landing good crits... but Ophie just couldn't do enough. I wish I had an earth "boss killer", but I guess I'll need to use my Logan in place of Ophie to kill her. I have a lvl 10 SBB Luther, but I've never felt he hurts as much as Logan with the 200% attack buff from his SBB + normal BB spam, even when sparking...

Lucana's attack is really cute, LoL.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well don't give up! Lol.

70 points per day, 7 days in a week is 490 points. It is a realisitic goal if you have time to drop with the game. ^_^;

I mean besides, they added new reward tiers anyhow, so there isn't much of a reason to really avoid them on purpose.

There's really not, but I've just grown lazy with the game :) Especially arena. I know everyone is upset that they removed the rating trick with arena, but it's better for me. I just fight anyone and don't care about my rating. Goes faster.

Phades

I noticed in the Aniel fight that her crit resistance was quite high and my team didn't rely on getting crits to kill her in two/three turns. Because of that experience, I'm going to try out a spark buff team with a Luther lead and see how that goes.

Perhaps it was getting late, but the latest El Gaia vortex is titled "Holy Revelation" and thus I assumed it was holy and assembled a dark team to challenge it. So umm yeah, that went pretty well lol

My "good" spark buffer that is leveled and ready is raydn and yeah, he is just a liability there. So, i'm just going with zelban in his place and just shoot for elemental weakness damage. I derped on the wording vs the elemental wheel initially as well.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
maxwell team does make these lost hero dungeons a peasy.

If I can't 1 hit them, I can usually 2 hit.

maxwell
maxwell
darvanshel (for survival if I dont' 1hit)
sgx
lilith
elza

I struggled through the first one with a "normal" team, using a healer, mitigation, etc.

Then I used some Maxwells. So much easy to just blow everything up. I can even do it on auto-play.

Corgi

Banned
Lol had to gem today because I completely forgot to bring a status healer.

Been too lazy, really should lvl up my exvhel.

broz0rs

Tried a new strat with a mono team and Maxwell leader on the thunder vortex. Team was

Ophelia lead
Dilma
Zelnite
Douglas x 2
Maxwell

OTK half the runs I had. Also had Angelic Foils equipped. Screw mitigation and healing

Phades

Tried a new strat with a mono team and Maxwell leader on the thunder vortex. Team was

Ophelia lead
Dilma
Zelnite
Douglas x 2
Maxwell

OTK half the runs I had. Also had Angelic Foils equipped. Screw mitigation and healing

I wish I could say the same. I seriously doubt my choices for earth units consisting of Lance, Leore, Edea, Zalban, Bayley, Lugina, Miku, Paula, and Nemia could reproduce that. :p Golem is the closest thing I got that would fit the bill, but he is no where near ready.

Xetherion

Ophelia lead
Dilma
Zelnite
Douglas x 2
Maxwell

I wish I could do something like this for the earth vortex, the earth and light refugees are the only ones I really want. But my highest fire units are:

5* Darvanshel (O) lvl 80
5* Kagutsuchi (A) lvl 73
5* Ulkina (B) lvl 56
6* Vishra (G) lvl 8
5* Farlon (G) lvl 30

Not enough to take on lvl 5 dungeon even.

I suppose I'll have to try swapping out Vishra and Farlon for some non-fire units like my 6* Elza (no SBB yet). Man I wish my Michele wasn't sitting at 5* level 15 right now. Tempted to try bringing my 5* level 52 Bran just for the Fire buff and hope I can OTK before he gets hit.

Phades

I wish I could do something like this for the earth vortex, the earth and light refugees are the only ones I really want. But my highest fire units are:

5* Darvanshel (O) lvl 80
5* Kagutsuchi (A) lvl 73
5* Ulkina (B) lvl 56
6* Vishra (G) lvl 8
5* Farlon (G) lvl 30

Not enough to take on lvl 5 dungeon even.

I suppose I'll have to try swapping out Vishra and Farlon for some non-fire units like my 6* Elza (no SBB yet). Man I wish my Michele wasn't sitting at 5* level 15 right now. Tempted to try bringing my 5* level 52 Bran just for the Fire buff and hope I can OTK before he gets hit.

IF you had a +30% hp lead like Khula for example, you could probably swing it with your darvanshel and kagutsuchi. The rest of your damage dealers would have to be solid though. The multi element AOE he does in return is a pain, but it just works out to be a HP threshold test more than anything.

Xetherion

Cleared the level 5 dungeon with

Mariudeth lead
Darvanshel
Kagutsuchi
Bran
Elza
Maxwell friend.

Seemed to have plenty of damage, Brute Elixirs on everyone probably wasn't needed. Should I try the level 6 dungeon?

Edit: Ran the level 6 dungeon and cleared it, OTK Aneil with the help of Phades' Maxwell, thanks! This time the Brute Elixirs were definitely needed, barely had enough damage. Successfully captured Aneil too! Oracle type but whatever, at least I got one. Now just need Nevsky when he comes out, but he's immune to crits so that's gonna be tricky...

Xetherion

I need more Maxwell friends too, Phades and 1 other guy are all i have. And Phades keeps changing his leader around so that's not reliable. I tried asking for more Maxwell friends in the Looking for Friends thread on reddit and got no responses.

Limit

So with the whole discussion about damage adder vs. multiplier I am now wondering if my team setup for questing could be a lot better. The following is my current team (all 6 star forms):

Themis (Leader)
Dilma
Felneus
Elza
Rina

And my friend usually consist of other rainbow leaders like Dia, Lodir, Lilith etc.

Can I do better than this?

My unit stable also includes Nalmika, Alice, Lira, Matah, Melchio (all 6 stars) and am currently working on leveling up and evolving Sodis, 2 Alyuts, Luly, and Tia.

I have been playing the game for a month or so and at least know that Maxwell is currently the top tier leader to go. So at this point I am just leveling up all the units that can reach 6 star forms so that I have a formidable stable to tackle and take her down.

Corgi

Banned
Well that was underwhelming. Seems like nevesky critical resistance isn't casted until his first turn. So if you can one hit him. No biggie. Easily the easiest of the bunch.

Way overkill.

broz0rs

I have been playing the game for a month or so and at least know that Maxwell is currently the top tier leader to go. So at this point I am just leveling up all the units that can reach 6 star forms so that I have a formidable stable to tackle and take her down.

I use rainbow leaders for questing as well. My first priority however is to make sure that I can SBB spam most levels once I get my gauge filled. Hence, I try to pick units with high hit count (to produce more bc and hc) and that's the thing I noticed that is lacking in your team. The unit you should definitely use is Melchio, who has the highest hit count in the game and one of the best SBBs in the game as well.

blackflag

I have t played in a couple months except for this week. What's a good team from these units? I have most units at least up until zelnite tier when I stopped but I won't name them all.

Elza
Zelnite
Luther
Lodin
Darvanshel
Lilith (I have 5)
Felneus
2 x Douglas
2x Amy
Dia
Grah
Karl
Oulu
Arius
Kuhla
Lira
Phew
Elimo
Tiara
Ciara
Lava
Michelle
Melchio
Sefia
Kuda

I have I think most of the units I'm not going to list them all.

What's a good day to day team

What's a good maxwell team?

For arena I was using lunaris and 4x lira...is that still good?

Not sure what has changed but I see there's still no raid and still no 6* on release....

Xetherion

Well that was underwhelming. Seems like nevesky critical resistance isn't casted until his first turn. So if you can one hit him. No biggie. Easily the easiest of the bunch.

Way overkill.

Yeah i thought it was innate for him but apparently not. I was gettings crits on him throughout the fight periodically while using a double mitigator team that included Rashil. Will have to try OTK team, though I lack a Dark element buffer and can't bring a friend one if i'm bringing Maxwell.

lordcyno

I really need more friends with Maxwell leaders lol.

I need more Maxwell friends too, Phades and 1 other guy are all i have. And Phades keeps changing his leader around so that's not reliable. I tried asking for more Maxwell friends in the Looking for Friends thread on reddit and got no responses.

Feel free to add me, I can make room for more gaffers. 458130435

I usually switch between Maxwell and Zelnite.

Corgi

Banned
might be crazy but this probably is one of my top games of the year I've stuck with just from how many hours spent.

Phades

D'oh sorry. I'll try to remember to leave it up more while I'm not playing. I don't have tons of maxwell friends either (4 iirc), so I have to switch things around a bit to make it work on a few of the different dungeons.

I'm still working on my maxwell though. Need more SBB levels....

Ok, it should be up now... Game needs chat feature turned on so you can slap me with a fish when I'm not paying attention to stuff like that...

blackflag

Maxwell team:
Grah lead, Darvanshel, Lilithx2, and Altri(if you have him) and a Lily Matah helper.

You can switch out one of the Lilith for a Zelnite to help with bc.

Sweet, I'll try it both ways.i have all of those, I just need to get darvanshel to 6 star next week. I can try it with Oulu earlier I guess I just need to get my SBBto 10 for everyone. I have like 30 frogs saved up

I really wish there was a way to change the view units screen so that units which only need Stat Imps to max would be a different color or something.

I used to be able to tell at a glance which units were maxed, but now none are marked as max because all are still stat imp eligible.

In the grand scheme of things it's minor, but when I have 36 6* level 100 units with about half at SBB level 10, remembering which are capped on BB isn't always easy.

Phades

I really wish there was a way to change the view units screen so that units which only need Stat Imps to max would be a different color or something.

I used to be able to tell at a glance which units were maxed, but now none are marked as max because all are still stat imp eligible.

In the grand scheme of things it's minor, but when I have 36 6* level 100 units with about half at SBB level 10, remembering which are capped on BB isn't always easy.

That would be a good QOL change along with showing what the actual stat caps are.

Xetherion

D'oh sorry. I'll try to remember to leave it up more while I'm not playing. I don't have tons of maxwell friends either (4 iirc), so I have to switch things around a bit to make it work on a few of the different dungeons.

I'm still working on my maxwell though. Need more SBB levels....

Ok, it should be up now... Game needs chat feature turned on so you can slap me with a fish when I'm not paying attention to stuff like that...

No worries man, I don't expect you to leave it Maxwell all the time. I got some more Maxwell friends finally too so it's not as hard to get one as it was.

Well, my bro just got Maxwell. Just need to level up my Lilith and I'm good to go.

Contemplating bring Lilith at level 89 to face Maxwell. Bad idea?

level should be fine, but I'd highly recommend SBB10.
It's gonna be a while before getting SBB10.

First attempt, I killed Maxwell, but I was down to Darvanshel, Altri and Lilith. Couldn't do enough damage to kill her again.
I accidentally swiped left thinking I had enough burst for sbb heal and Altri attacks. That and the double destiny on my Darvanshel when I used up all my revives. Ugh.
Will try again later when SMP is over.

Phades

Spent the past 1.5 hours cycling through friends to try and get my wife's game the thuder vortex healer, but one of the 3 friends that she needs to clear it just won't pop up. It is pissing me off...

Xetherion

Spent the past 1.5 hours cycling through friends to try and get my wife's game the thuder vortex healer, but one of the 3 friends that she needs to clear it just won't pop up. It is pissing me off...

I know, right? I wish they would just give us our entire friend list to pick from.

Corgi

Banned
I know, right? I wish they would just give us our entire friend list to pick from.
Yeah I mean they let you do that for lab stuff.

Lol died against dark dude because none of my crits went off. He was down to 20% and then he wiped my party. Second time complete overkill.

Silly duck.

Shouta

That Thunder Healer was HARD. i couldn't beat her even with my mitigation. I couldn't get Zelban or Maxwell for the Green damage at all in my friends list so I gave up. Lucana sounded good too. Heal and stat up. ;_;

I beat the dark guy half asleep, i think. But I still need to get him.

Slayven

That Thunder Healer was HARD. i couldn't beat her even with my mitigation. I couldn't get Zelban or Maxwell for the Green damage at all in my friends list so I gave up. Lucana sounded good too. Heal and stat up. ;_;

I beat the dark guy half asleep, i think. But I still need to get him.

I am just glad alot of my friends have Maxwell maxed out.

Other than the water the dude the 2 healers have been the toughest

Kreed

The Water and Fire Hero Vortexes were the hardest for me, mainly because their partners were so easy to kill so I had to avoid using Multi Target BB attacks. Once I got to the Earth Vortex and up I realized that the other 4 partners were much more durable, to the point where I didn't have to worry about multi BB attacks killing them before the heroes.

broz0rs

The dark vortex was a two way street for me. There's been runs where it would be an OTK and others where I only manage to take down half his life and his pet dead. The latter situation, of course, leads to annihilation of my party. I did manage to obtain a guardian after five attempts. Done with these vortex events!

Shouta

Got my Guardian dark guy but still salty about the Thunder Healer ripping my party to shreds, lol.

I guess it's a good time for me to really beef up my party as much as possible with Super Metals and the Super Honor Summon later this week.

Phades

One of my wife's two games couldn't deal with the thunder healer at all since she had oulu and no other mitigators or good earth units. I think the best it had was lance and nemia....

The other game had serious issues with the water dungeon. Basically since like the other game, she had no good thunder units on it.

My game managed to get through them all, but the water, thunder, and dark gave me the most trouble. I could consistently kill reed, but that was a long fight for me since I had to go the mitigation route with it due to not having decent water units outside of radyn.

The thunder healer is probably going to have the most general utility once the 6* gets released for her. The light tank unit could get interesting too depending on how that goes. I mean his LS is already superb in reducing/removing negative variability in fights. If he gets some +hp tacked onto it would probably be perfect.

The dark guy is probably going to be the least useful as a leader out of the lot, unless his 6* does something really unexpected. 6* reed/Grah combos should be interesting since they both have really well rounded starting points.

The earth guy though, he reminds me of wanting to be like melchio for FH. I'm not sure about using him as a leader though in spite of it looking interesting. Water guy is a pure arena unit though and potentially out classed by other stuff that already exists, especially with folks abusing elder summoner hats with tillith and kuda in arena (aka SBB on turn 1 for the rest of the team...).

Guess what guys?
VaYFTTe.png

pbpqxmd.png

cBY3IeR.png
Part of the Maxwell club heh. :)

Nice job, congrats. Just in time for your daily imp too. Looks like maxwell there wasn't friendly making you use 3 revives though.
Thanks!
The funny thing about that. I used 2 on Abaddon when he did Death Gate. He targeted the same unit each time with Darvanshel's BB up. I didn't guard and went all out haha. That freaking rng.

broz0rs

Thanks!
The funny thing about that. I used 2 on Abaddon when he did Death Gate. He targeted the same unit each time with Darvanshel's BB up. I didn't guard and went all out haha. That freaking rng.

Congrats on obtaining Maxwell! How many attempts did it take you? I'm going to start my attempts once all this super honor stuff wraps up.

Congrats on obtaining Maxwell! How many attempts did it take you? I'm going to start my attempts once all this super honor stuff wraps up.
Thanks. :)
6th or 7th attempts. It helps to dual sphere your tree, Darvanshel and Zelnite if you have them. Put spheres that increase stats and BC like Sol Creator/Omni Gizmo or Evil Shard. It helps a ton when you need it.

Phades

Thanks!

Yeah, i've had that happen before, but on units guarding with the defense reduction BB up and still lost someone (lillith). Just not twice, since the 2nd deaths gate is the double attack. The single one at 50% wasn't nearly as bad by comparison.

Thanks. :)
6th or 7th attempts. It helps to dual sphere your tree, Darvanshel and Zelnite if you have them. Put spheres that increase stats and BC like Sol Creator/Omni Gizmo or Evil Shard. It helps a ton when you need it.

Dangela + evil shard on darvenshel is oh so good. I dunno if zelnite absolutely needs a 2nd sphere though, but whatever healer you bring certainly won't complain about having drevas + evil shard or a on hit +BB chance style item.

Corgi

Banned
lol if I die on abaddon or get owned with paralysis in turn 1 or 2 of juggernaut, i just restart. why bother wasting revives?

Top Bottom