• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Corgi

Banned
Did alright at terminus for the one time I could get in. Got Sefia down and kikuri to half before getting wonked. 1.2 mil

Exvhel is pretty useless here. Gonna switch him for zelnite and go full on double maxwell.

The last stage pretty much is a damage check. Those 2 dispels your buffs including mitigation, so if you can't 1-2 shot them, shit out of luck.

On the 2nd and 3rd turn those two actually hit fairly light. It's just that first turn barrage that makes the wave look way harder than it would otherwise be.

I just blew through Terminus no problem with Maxwell, Elza(lead), Michele, Maxwell(lead), Darvanshel, Tree.

I didn't one hit kill the last wave, but I survived the first round and the rest was easy.

Corgi

Banned
On the 2nd and 3rd turn those two actually hit fairly light. It's just that first turn barrage that makes the wave look way harder than it would otherwise be.

I just blew through Terminus no problem with Maxwell, Elza(lead), Michele, Maxwell(lead), Darvanshel, Tree.

I didn't one hit kill the last wave, but I survived the first round and the rest was easy.
Was knocked off kilter when zebra killed a guy with critical lol.

Shook be able to get Legwand

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I haven't tried terminus yet, still down, but is a healer necessary this time? I haven't used a healer in FH since FH1. I found that blowing everything up gets more points, but I don't know how hard this one is.

commish

Does anybody in GAF have any unique routines when it comes to BB levelling?

I have a few questions regarding BB levelling in general. Do you fuse literally any and every trash drop that you get or do you just fuse specifically the ones found in Mistral? Does SBB levelling have a lower success rate than BB levelling? When do you fuse your Burst frogs?

I am willing to use up to 5 frogs to get my unit to SBB range. Frogs are plentiful enough that you don't have to save them too much - at any moment, I have 10 to 15 frogs in my inventory. Just be sure you are using them on units that you will use a lot. Using it on Tree? Good - tree is awesome and will see much use. Using it on Alice? Maybe not a good idea.

Corgi

Banned
I haven't tried terminus yet, still down, but is a healer necessary this time? I haven't used a healer in FH since FH1. I found that blowing everything up gets more points, but I don't know how hard this one is.
Nope. You have enough elixirs.

Rolled 7 times with f2p stuff.

Oulu- uhhhh have darvanshel. But another mitigator could be useful someday.
Ulkina A - sweet
Zephyr - don't have one so neat.
Ulkina B - will be fusing for the last BB.
Byaku- too many white tigers :(
Rowgden O - not guardian so I'm happy
Raydn - have maxed so no use.

Not a bad pull overall.

Kreed

No, Tree is just for statuses I believe. The most effective teams seem to be critical squads with a Maxwell friend at a minimum.

I know Xetherion mentioned Kuda's 6 star is supposed to be released today so I'm looking forward to finally having a proper attack up/critical up unit.

commish

No, Tree is just for statuses I believe. The most effective teams seem to be critical squads with a Maxwell friend at a minimum.

I know Xetherion mentioned Kuda's 6 star is supposed to be released today so I'm looking forward to finally having a proper attack up/critical up unit.

Yeah, I use melchio for status. He really is MVP for my team.

I already have Narza and Ulkina, so no rolling for me today. Still want a Kuda so we'll see when those rates are up.

Xetherion

Finally got my first Sphere Frog! Who should I use it on, Zelnite or Elza? Or should I save it for Darvanshel when I evolve him to 6* later today?

commish

Finally got my first Sphere Frog! Who should I use it on, Zelnite or Elza? Or should I save it for Darvanshel when I evolve him to 6* later today?

All good choices.

Judging by my friend's list, Zelnite is probably what I'd do. So many have used a frog on him. I've only used a frog on my Darvanshel though. You'll probably want to use it on all 3 - using it on Darv now will probably make it easier to beat the maps that give you additional sphere frogs.

Corgi

Banned
1.6 million on terminus.

Dual maxwell zelnite elza Michele sgx

It's crazy how it's not hard to consistent bb spam without a bb spam leader these days.

Shouta

I was so close to getting Sphere Frog this morning. >=(

Also Mariudeth hits like a truck with a high SBB. He was taking huge chunks of life off boss enemies in FH.

Xetherion

Yeah Mariudeth is awesome. I don't know if I would use him for FH though, his low hit count is gonna hurt your sparking score.

Corgi, are you OTK every battle in Terminus? What spheres do you have equipped?

I tried Terminus with my normal FH squad and didn't make it past battle 3. I'm thinking about trying a crit squad with Mariudeth, Elza, Zelnite, Bran, Alyut and Maxwell friend. I don't think i'd be able to maintain bb/sbb spam though, not sure how you do it.

Shouta

I use Douglas and Deemo with BC drop equips to compensate, with Deemo as leader. If I can get a Maxwell friend, I'm set otherwise I use an Elza or Uda friend which is like almost everyone on my list... Even Mariudeth leader worked but I don't recall my run with him, lol.

Yeah, sorry.

I was not using Tree for heal, I was using it for the Status.

I don't have Melchio, I don't have Exvhel anywhere near capped.

I'm not sure who else has an SBB that cures statuses but I don't have them ready to go either. :)

Xetherion

I use Douglas and Deemo with BC drop equips to compensate, with Deemo as leader. If I can get a Maxwell friend, I'm set otherwise I use an Elza or Uda friend which is like almost everyone on my list... Even Mariudeth leader worked but I don't recall my run with him, lol.

Oh that's a nice set up. Man i wish i had Deemo. The way i got my Sphere Frog from End was when I used a Deemo friend actually. The runs i did with Maxwell or Elza friends i kept falling short of the 950k mark.

I would definitely go Darvanshel. He is too useful in almost all situations.

Even in crit parties he's not bad for when you get one of those aggravating rounds of little to no crits, he'll save you for the next round.

And Darvanshel + Magic Ore + Dandelga is a thing of beauty.

Corgi

Banned
Yeah Mariudeth is awesome. I don't know if I would use him for FH though, his low hit count is gonna hurt your sparking score.

Corgi, are you OTK every battle in Terminus? What spheres do you have equipped?

I tried Terminus with my normal FH squad and didn't make it past battle 3. I'm thinking about trying a crit squad with Mariudeth, Elza, Zelnite, Bran, Alyut and Maxwell friend. I don't think i'd be able to maintain bb/sbb spam though, not sure how you do it.
Legwands and medulla and Providence. Just typical stats up stuff.

Anyone try new gods vortex yet?

Xetherion

I would definitely go Darvanshel. He is too useful in almost all situations.

Even in crit parties he's not bad for when you get one of those aggravating rounds of little to no crits, he'll save you for the next round.

And Darvanshel + Magic Ore + Dandelga is a thing of beauty.

I went with Zelnite already. Looked at the EX dungeons and I think i'll be able to take Valmadora without any problems.

Every time I swap my Zelnite in I come away disappointed.

Maybe I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for exactly, but at no point have I ever been blown away by how quickly I'm killing, or how much more damage I'm doing, or how a damaging SBB giving 8 crystals back to everybody is supposed to be some kind of amazing thing.

I really don't get the Zelnite hype.

I used Zelnite for Maxwell admittedly, but even that was pretty much out of necessity. All of my Matah friends had switched to something else, so I was left with an assortment of units that weren't right for Maxwell, including a bunch of Maxwell herself, or Zelnite.

Corgi

Banned

Maybe I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for exactly, but at no point have I ever been blown away by how quickly I'm killing, or how much more damage I'm doing, or how a damaging SBB giving 8 crystals back to everybody is supposed to be some kind of amazing thing.

I used Zelnite for Maxwell admittedly, but even that was pretty much out of necessity. All of my Matah friends had switched to something else, so I was left with an assortment of units that weren't right for Maxwell, including a bunch of Maxwell herself, or Zelnite.
Ls + SBB makes him a really competent bb spammer + psuedo healer.

His 8 BC saved my ass a few times letting my darvanshel get enough for mitigation against maxwell

Shouta

I'm definitely gonna try and get Maxwell tomorrow after Super Honor goes up. I can max my SBBs and level up a bunch of units that I need. I just need to get Narza up to 6 star ;_;

commish

I have a Zelnite but don't use him much. Seems okay when i do. And if you ever need a specific unit for a boss, post here. I have a maxed out Matah, but I rarely have her as my leader. By rarely I mean never.

Xetherion

Mariudeth crit squad experiment was a failure. Didn't have enough damage to OTK, though this was probably a good thing because as i thought, wasn't able to maintain bb gauges anywhere near enough even with Zelnite. Damage output was great though, almost cleared battle 3, only Luly was left at the end. Unfortunately all i had left was Zelnite and Elza at that point, wasn't enough to finish her off.

Edit: Just realized i derped by putting Alyut in. Should've put Miku in his place. Will try again with next orb.

Corgi

Banned
I see no reason to not use all attackers and buffers for FH.

If you take it slow and safe you can still win but not have enough points for Legwand.

I never beat last terminus yet still got all the prize tiers.

Xetherion

If you take it slow and safe you can still win but not have enough points for Legwand.

I don't have any attack buffers that are 6* with sbb yet. Only other buff I could use would be Def Ignore... which reminds me I have a 5* lvl 80 Dilma I could put in... Miku would help more for bb spam though. Don't know which i should use.

Got wrecked on Terminus with my squad on Amanohabaken. Didn't otk 2nd wave and my team nearly got 1 shotted. Exvehl is way too low, level 43 lol to do Terminus. Replaced Exvehl with Melchio and Douglas with Darvanshel. He's my only good fire unit atm lol.
I have a Bordebegia at level 1, but his bc cost is hella high. I got a Rama, but she's only a 4 star.
Cleared Terminus with 1.44 mil. Not bad.
Gotta max Elza soon.

TimeKillr

Hey folks,

I posted this in the Reddit help thread but no one answered, so I figure someone could prolly give me some input here.

I am leaning towards making a team with this: Leader Elza Ulkina Rowgen Darvanshel Hogar

But I'm not 100% sure. I've been thinking and I could exchange Darvanshel for Narza and Hogar for Mariudeath so I would cover all 5 elements, but this is where I'm unsure. Narza doesn't do damage with his BB/SBB so it's riskier but he has the status ailment nullifier + BB gauge when filled on his SBB so that's good. Darvanshel doesn't, but deals damage, which is a good thing.

Hogar vs Mariudeath is simply a question of the fact that Hogar's SBB is bugged at the moment for BC generation (but it hits like a truck and it's SBB10 so it's ridiculously strong) and Mariudeath has a crit bonus..

I have a bunch of other units:
Tiara
Miku
Heidt
Aem
Sefia
Melchio
Vanilla
Alice
Agni
Phoenix
Lava
Aisha
Farlon
Fiora
Ciara
Sergio
Dean
Signas
Phee
Altro
E2Mina
Zelban
Golem
Luly
Darvan
Faris
Lucca
Eze
Grybe
Garnan
Bahamut
Zellha
Azael
Lira

What do you folks think? (Sorry for the super long post, I don't think I can format this any different way)

Corgi

Banned
Hey folks,

I posted this in the Reddit help thread but no one answered, so I figure someone could prolly give me some input here.

I am leaning towards making a team with this: Leader Elza Ulkina Rowgen Darvanshel Hogar

But I'm not 100% sure. I've been thinking and I could exchange Darvanshel for Narza and Hogar for Mariudeath so I would cover all 5 elements, but this is where I'm unsure. Narza doesn't do damage with his BB/SBB so it's riskier but he has the status ailment nullifier + BB gauge when filled on his SBB so that's good. Darvanshel doesn't, but deals damage, which is a good thing.

Hogar vs Mariudeath is simply a question of the fact that Hogar's SBB is bugged at the moment for BC generation (but it hits like a truck and it's SBB10 so it's ridiculously strong) and Mariudeath has a crit bonus..

I have a bunch of other units:
Tiara
Miku
Heidt
Aem
Sefia
Melchio
Vanilla
Alice
Agni
Phoenix
Lava
Aisha
Farlon
Fiora
Ciara
Sergio
Dean
Signas
Phee
Altro
E2Mina
Zelban
Golem
Luly
Darvan
Faris
Lucca
Eze
Grybe
Garnan
Bahamut
Zellha
Azael
Lira

What do you folks think? (Sorry for the super long post, I don't think I can format this any different way)

What are you trying to build? General questing? Bb spam? Maxwell? FH?

TimeKillr

What are you trying to build? General questing? Bb spam? Maxwell? FH?

Generally for harder content - I don't even have Karl, and I guess to build something better for FH.

Mostly BB spam, though - I have quite a few of the pieces for a BB spam team (no Lilly Matah though but Elza is good as a leader) but that's about it.

commish

You have a bunch of top units - you can't go wrong really. You just need to have certain types of units, meaning SBB types. So, you need one to buff your crit, buff attack, BC generation, etc. I wouldnt' worry too much about Darv or Narza - both are top units and both basically do the same thing - mitigation. (though I would level them both).

For the record, you could build a team to utterly smash Karl and Grah. You should get those 2 asap.

Xetherion

I would definitely put in Mariudeth instead of Hogar. Crit buff will increase your team's damage by a lot, and Mariudeth's sbb also hits like a truck. When Hogar's sbb bug gets fixed it's closer, but I would still use Mariu unless i was fighting Thunder enemies.

I would keep Darvanshel over Narza. You have Ulkina for status cure/prevent anyway.

If you're still having problems with bb spam after replacing Hogar, you could try replacing Rowgen with Miku or Zellha.

Edit: I should also note that you have the makings of a strong crit squad as well. Mariudeth (Leader) for crit buff, Elza spark buff, Hogar atk buff, Melchio for Light element buff, Rowgen for deeps. I have a Mariudeth squad that works well with Maxwell/Mariudeth/Zebra friends. I can OTK stuff like the Elgaian Refugee vortex dungeons with it.

TimeKillr

Alright, thanks guys.

I guess I'll focus on leveling and evolving my Ulkina and Mariudeath next then (my Hogar is 6* max SBB) to finish building my teams! (my Darvanshel is 6* max sbb also!)

Shouta

Yeah, if you're using Ulkina then use Darvanshel instead because you have Status prevent/cure. Narza's benefit over Darvanshel is that but if you already have it, then the damage Darv does helps.

Slow and safe can actually score more points.

The best score you could get in older FHs was a bunch of Douglas' with no +ATK spheres and only level 1 SBB, with whatever units it took to survive.

Your spark points would go through the roof, and you'd get a whole bunch of rounds out of it because of how little damage you did. This would get way more points than the Zebra kill-em-all-instantly strategy.

Corgi

Banned
Slow and safe can actually score more points.

The best score you could get in older FHs was a bunch of Douglas' with no +ATK spheres and only level 1 SBB, with whatever units it took to survive.

Your spark points would go through the roof, and you'd get a whole bunch of rounds out of it because of how little damage you did. This would get way more points than the Zebra kill-em-all-instantly strategy.

well, luckily im just after the loot :p And recent Terminus makes surviving not the easiest.

Get 2 Frontier levels each time is enough. Who has the time?

Shouta

Has anyone had trouble staying connected to the game recently? Feels like the server has been crapping out a lot since the update.

Also, I just hit 1,000,000 points FH End using Deemo (Leader)/Douglas/Uda/Lira/Mariudeth/Aneil (Friend) and it didn't record it. -_-

Damn you servers >=( I want my Sphere frog you POS

Servers have been complete crap since FH. Random server crashes have occurred frequently in the last 24 hours. I've lost at least 3 FH orbs so far. Luckily I don't care for the rank, just the prizes for me.

Shouta

Yesssss. Got my Sphere Frog. I swapped my Lira for a lv 37 4-star aneil and got an elza friend. Lol Broke 1,000,000 again easy.

Hitting elemental weakness helped getting points immensely

Corgi

Banned
beat trial of gods 4. that 2nd stage is tricky. the trick is emilia will nuke the fuck out of you when may dies.

the trick is get may down below half hp. then the next turn she will cast the blue shield on your team (like from the halloween dungeon), then guard and you should have enough hp to survive the attack.

Xetherion

Yesssss. Got my Sphere Frog. I swapped my Lira for a lv 37 4-star aneil and got an elza friend. Lol Broke 1,000,000 again easy.

Hitting elemental weakness helped getting points immensely

This is why Aneil was one of the two refugees i wanted. I just still need to level and evolve mine. Congrats on getting the frog!

I've made a couple more attempts on Terminus with my crit squad. If I could find a way to keep my sbb's up I think I could clear it. I just get wrecked if i'm not able to OTK at least one of the guys on wave 2. If I had full sbb's going into it I think I could OTK all of them. Maybe I should just try to whittle Zebra down and finish him off with normals so I have full gauges for wave 2?

Corgi

Banned
yeah people die on 2nd round of terminus.

just have to use your revives. other dudes tend to hit less.

michele is great for that one round with all grass.

duel maxwell will take out the 2 rounds of dark units.

Corgi

Banned
jesus trial of gods stage 5 is no joke. you gotta play it pretty careful and lico is guaranteed to kill 2 of your cats.

also out of free gems so ill try again later when i have some.

but i think i can do it without gems. Will try tomorrow or when the servers stop sucking.

Top Bottom