• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

lol if I die on abaddon or get owned with paralysis in turn 1 or 2 of juggernaut, i just restart. why bother wasting revives?

I dunno about the paralysis bit, but if the first squad you use is a throw away team, then it doesn't matter if you incur deaths on abadon. You can bring 3-5 revives too (different types) as well, so even 1-2 deaths early on won't automatically rule out the possibility for a win.

Corgi

Banned
I dunno about the paralysis bit, but if the first squad you use is a throw away team, then it doesn't matter if you incur deaths on abadon. You can bring 3-5 revives too (different types) as well, so even 1-2 deaths early on won't automatically rule out the possibility for a win.

you can't carry more than 3 revives excluding event items.

Also real men beat maxwell with 1 team or die trying!

They really need to figure out new abilities and what not for new units. too many units with overlapping buffs.

Current batch has some badass looking units but nothing that is needed if you have been picking up the good stuff the past few batches.

The fire one is a cutie though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Have almost 2 pulls saved up, used the first one on new batch and got... Nalmika (B). She's not a favorite of anyones, but I can live with that, Solid status stuff, Single target normal BB Is something my Earth Mono would need...

... But I really just wanted Eve. So MvC2 Ruby Heart like!

Guess what guys?

Part of the Maxwell club heh. :)

Grats! I haven't beaten a trial but Karl, ha.

Phades

Have almost 2 pulls saved up, used the first one on new batch and got... Nalmika (B). She's not a favorite of anyones, but I can live with that, Solid status stuff, Single target normal BB Is something my Earth Mono would need...

... But I really just wanted Eve. So MvC2 Ruby Heart like!
When raids happen, Nalmika will be rather useful there.

Anyone who plays the JP version of the game do any rare summoning today? If so, were you only getting the featured units out of the gate? I tried some pulls just because and my results are really not what I expected so far.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
And now turn 2 of trying to get Eve, I get... FARIS (G)?!?

Haha, before I didn't know Liddith wasn't obtainable as a boss drop, I tried quite a bit to get her in my first weeks of Brave Frontier. So getting her Sister now feels pretty cool, really. Having her and Nalmika both as pulls back to back feels a little redundant, but I can't say I dislike either.

I'm really glad her debuffing will make her shine somewhere. I loved how effective Injury and it's ilk were in the early game, And Feenia's rather solid Paralyzation chance really made arena for me for quite a few ranks. So having a more focused mass stat dealer is sure to be fun at times.

Phades

I'm really glad her debuffing will make her shine somewhere. I loved how effective Injury and it's ilk were in the early game, And Feenia's rather solid Paralyzation chance really made arena for me for quite a few ranks. So having a more focused mass stat dealer is sure to be fun at times.

Yeah, there are a few places here and there where status effects are really useful (even maxwell can have injury applied to her at a very low chance...). Unfortunately though, there are a ton of places where the enemies are basically immune to all status effects or only allow for sickness to stick, which is fairly pointless.

Xetherion

Lol. With the stuff you have, I'm somewhat surprised you just didn't flat out curb stomp karl and grah already.

Most of my stuff is nowhere near maxed yet. First world problem of having too many units and not enough mats around to level/evolve them all, not to mention I hadn't been picking units and focusing on raising them like I should have. Also my Summoner level is still only 94 so I can't field an all 6* squad even if I had five 6* units ready to go. Still working on upgrading my sphere facility to craft good spheres too.

I finally took on Karl because I finally got a mono thunder team of 5* units and my 6* Grybe to where everyone was level 59+. Karl still killed my Bran one turn when I forgot to reapply Thunder Seal, though other than that the fight went pretty smoothly.

I could probably take Grah as well with a Grah friend, but I'm busy farming evo mats the next 3 days. Maybe on Friday.

Xetherion

Congrats on getting Karl! I figured you would have him and Grah already with an Elza lead you have.

I wouldn't use Elza as lead for Grah anyway. Going to take Darvanshel and bring a friend Grah most likely. And I still need to get my Dshel to 6* and level his BB to bring the BC cost down.

I don't know, maybe I could use Elza or Zelnite lead and bring a friend Dshel though.

Xetherion

Now you guys got me thinking about squads for Grah. If I skip the status null lead I could do:

Lilly Matah lead
Dshel
Zelnite
Mariudeth
Ulkina
Grah friend

Ulkina still doesn't have access to status prevent yet though, so I'd have to bring Stimulants in case she gets paralyzed.

Phades

Now you guys got me thinking about squads for Grah. If I skip the status null lead I could do:

Lilly Matah lead
Dshel
Zelnite
Mariudeth
Ulkina
Grah friend

Ulkina still doesn't have access to status prevent yet though, so I'd have to bring Stimulants in case she gets paralyzed.

Grah doesn't do the paralysis single target attack move as often as you might imagine as long as you keep the pressure up and move him through his hp thresholds for the scripted attacks/responses.

Your group looks really solid seriously. What I beat grah with wasn't even playing the same sport you are with those heavy hitters. Hell, at this stage of the game, I'm almost surprised someone hasn't done a video with a 6* Ardin soloing grah (already happened with rowgen soloing karl and zelnite soloing juggernaught for trial 003). Yeah sure, fully evolved 6* forms/bb levels, imps and sphere frogs used, but it is right there.

Magress dungeon sphere plays a role in some of these since it does a lot of nice things.

Black Knight Spear Reomurugu (Def+30%, HP+30%, Absorb HP when attacking, add BB gauge during normal attack).

Combo it with something that does status immunity and you have a really tanky unit.

Xetherion

Damn that sphere is awesome. Can't wait to get that. I need to start seeing if i can do those GGC dungeons with my Maxwell friends.

broz0rs

Lilly Matah lead
Dshel
Zelnite
Mariudeth
Ulkina
Grah friend

Conceptually speaking, I think Grah is an easier fight than Karl. He doesn't hit that hard especially if you have a Grah friend. The only moments to watch out for are the three scripted AOE blasts that are easily handled by guarding or just by having high health.

Grah's big hits penetrate a mitigation shield, so Darv/Oulu/Narza are practically worthless during the fight.

And they are percentage based so having high health doesn't really do much either.

It's guard or die (or get lucky and survive via bugs, because sometimes it does slightly less than 100% health for no discernable reason).

Having said all of that, Grah is by far the easiest of the three trials. So much so that within like 10 minutes of the trial going up I had 20 friends who had him.

Corgi

Banned
Huh didn't know. Didn't have a mitigator back then.

Curious if you can still 1 hit him. Light team zebra maxwell should be able to nuke him.

Did he have revive?

Phades

Surprise FH is up... Silly gumi, notifications are for nubs....

Previously what I read about the update we were getting involved a new map and misc things. But yeah, FH.

Also, if the game text is to be believed, it started yesterday at 7pm...

Aaaaaannnnd. Servers are down again. Some folks cleared max rewards through terminus in the ~40 minutes it was open. This is going to be kind of silly in if they try to sort it out, since it means a group of people will have more imps and sphere frogs than everyone else for a while.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As long as they keep not introducing new survey rewards, I am happy. I can just get all the rewards and my +2 hunter rank in the first day alone.

Sweet. Leveling Nalmika to 6 star and SBB may pay off yet.

Shouta

Aw, I didn't know they fucked up and left FH on, lol. I would've tried for some Sphere Frogs. Oh well.

Two more days and Super Honor Summon! =o

Xetherion

I only did the Entrance and then went to use some Energy before I went back to FH so that I wasn't sitting at full Energy. Finish the quest and connection error. Finally get back in and FH closed. Damn it.

In other news, Ulkina batch is getting their 6* rate up tomorrow. I really want Rowgen, I love his sniper one shot, one kill theme and he'd be a great heavy hitter for my crit squad. Didn't get him during his initial release. However, I already have Ulkina and don't care about Narza. What do you guys think, should I try to get him again? I was going to save my pulls to try to get Shida when his 6* comes out. I also don't have Kuda, though I already have crit and atk buffers. Who should I spend my gems for?

Phades

I only did the Entrance and then went to use some Energy before I went back to FH so that I wasn't sitting at full Energy. Finish the quest and connection error. Finally get back in and FH closed. Damn it.

In other news, Ulkina batch is getting their 6* rate up tomorrow. I really want Rowgen, I love his sniper one shot, one kill theme and he'd be a great heavy hitter for my crit squad. Didn't get him during his initial release. However, I already have Ulkina and don't care about Narza. What do you guys think, should I try to get him again? I was going to save my pulls to try to get Shida when his 6* comes out. I also don't have Kuda, though I already have crit and atk buffers. Who should I spend my gems for?

Tough call really, since the odds aren't good in general. I haven't got any of those on my global game yet, so i'll be going in head first really trying to get everything and anything. Rowgen, like Lillith, isn't great for FH, but is rather nice for single target orientated stuff like trials.

I guess you just have to ask yourself one question "do i feel lucky"?

Corgi

Banned
Damage mitigators are pretty much the only units that are must haves but one is enough.

There doesn't seem to be any upcoming units that are must haves imo.

Units been pretty stale besides the occasional one with neat abilities or different bb from their sbb.

Phades

Status removal/prevention is fairly essential as well, unless you like your people getting paralyze locked, curse chained, or torpedo'd via weakness.

At the end of the day though, we say these things are "essential" simply because of the escalation that occurs within specific encounters and we just can't level up anymore to brute force it.

Xetherion

Seeing as I didn't get Rowgen during release rate up despite like 15 pulls, the answer is no, i do not feel lucky. No Rowgen for me i guess. Just gonna keep saving for Shida.

Phades

Seeing as I didn't get Rowgen during release rate up despite like 15 pulls, the answer is no, i do not feel lucky. No Rowgen for me i guess. Just gonna keep saving for Shida.

Hopefully if/when they do shida's group, falma and shida will be in the same group so that there is a higher chance of pulling one of the more useful units from the group.

Falma is basically leorone, but can add paralysis with his 6* form.

Also, in case anyone hasn't seen this yet.

QKdhBfe.png

Xetherion

Hopefully if/when they do shida's group, falma and shida will be in the same group so that there is a higher chance of pulling one of the more useful units from the group.

Falma is basically leorone, but can add paralysis with his 6* form.

Yeah, that would be nice.

Corgi

Banned
yeah got a falma from RS a few weeks ago. super surprised you could still get 3* units lol.

kind of wish we got shida 6* before fh. oh well.

wish they would release raids sometime soon though.

Corgi

Banned
Speaking of FH, what's more important to have on the team, elemental buffers or high hit count sparkers?
i believe sparkers scores more in the equation. elemental buffers are pretty limited to just a few elements, so unless its melchio or shida 6*, think a strong BB spam team will be fine for FH to get every award.

Xetherion

i believe sparkers scores more in the equation. elemental buffers are pretty limited to just a few elements, so unless its melchio or shida 6*, think a strong BB spam team will be fine for FH to get every award.

K, thanks. Wish I had Melchio at 6* w/ SBB...

Phades

K, thanks. Wish I had Melchio at 6* w/ SBB...

I've been trying to get my melchio BB Lv up for close to a month now. It got stuck at 4 for a while and then got stuck at 6 after that. Granted, I poured a ton of effort immediately prior into Lily matah and got successful returns, so it is probably just the law of averages correcting its self over time.

My FH team is ready. Not all max level or sbb since I'm replacing Deemo, Melchio and Duel-SGX. Man, grinded to max out sbb on Melchio and Duel-SGX only to be replaced by Exvehl and Elza. Well, the grind continues.

Corgi

Banned
new trial sphere is pretty amazing.

Ihsir's Guise - Reduces the consumption of BB gauge. Boosts DEF, HP by 10%. Boosts ATK, REC by 5%.

It's a BB Gauge sphere and therefore stacks with Status Boost spheres such as Amanohabaken & Legwand.
​

it's great as a status sphere. but it isn't even a status sphere!

Shouta

I was just about to start raising my melchio lol. The super honor should give me enough burst frogs to max his SBB.

Xetherion

My FH team is ready. Not all max level or sbb since I'm replacing Deemo, Melchio and Duel-SGX. Man, grinded to max out sbb on Melchio and Duel-SGX only to be replaced by Exvehl and Elza. Well, the grind continues.

Who's on your team besides Exvehl and Elza?

My FH team is going to be Zelnite, Elza, Miku, Grybe, and Bran. I didn't have enough levels/strong units to take Deemo down during his event so I never got him or he would be on the team for sure.

Who's on your team besides Exvehl and Elza?

My FH team is going to be Zelnite, Elza, Miku, Grybe, and Bran. I didn't have enough levels/strong units to take Deemo down during his event so I never got him or he would be on the team for sure.
Maxwell, Zellha, Exvehl, Douglas and Elza.
Never pulled Luther to replace my Douglas. Might consider Karl if I can't pull anything worthwhile to replace him.

Xetherion

Maxwell, Zellha, Exvehl, Douglas and Elza.
Never pulled Luther to replace my Douglas. Might consider Karl if I can't pull anything worthwhile to replace him.

Why Karl? His BB is only 8 hits...

That's a pretty nice team. I need to evolve my Ahvel up to 6* and unlock his sbb. Still need to unlock my Elza's sbb for that matter, but just need two more burst frogs for that.

well karl isn't gonna get 6* by the time this FH ends :p

did first 3. scored about 1.1 to 1.3 million for each. Trying to figure out how to score better lol. Think elza might be hitting too hard >.<"
Wouldn't mind a 2nd Elza in the meantime.
I didn't score a million for the entrance. Got 650k. Not sure why its so low. Hit 1.1-1.3 million for the Middle and the End though. OTK everything haha.

Claim all my rewards before their servers are down.

Corgi

Banned
so devious that they don't put your rewards in gift box. Pretty much required to spend some gems on expanding your trunk.

was cleaning up shop, and now my box is full of burst frogs again :(

I need more units to lvl sbb lol

broz0rs

Does anybody in GAF have any unique routines when it comes to BB levelling?

I have a few questions regarding BB levelling in general. Do you fuse literally any and every trash drop that you get or do you just fuse specifically the ones found in Mistral? Does SBB levelling have a lower success rate than BB levelling? When do you fuse your Burst frogs?

I have a few questions regarding BB levelling in general. Do you fuse literally any and every trash drop that you get or do you just fuse specifically the ones found in Mistral? Does SBB levelling have a lower success rate than BB levelling? When do you fuse your Burst frogs?

Fusing units with the same Brave Burst type (Attack to Attack, Boost to Boost, and Heal to Heal) gives a chance to level up a Brave Burst. It's a good idea to look at and memorize certain units so you can single out what to use as fusing material. If you fuse a unit with one in its evolution line, you'll level up a BB 100% of the time.

Burst Frogs work the same way as fusing with the latter. Considering it a rare fuse material, you should determine what unit you should fuse with.

To answer your last question, however, you should always save your frogs until the unit you plan to use it on makes its final evolution (when it's grayed out in the Evolve Unit option) as evolving beforehand will cut its BB level in half.

I hope this helps. Not sure if leveling SBB is any slower, though.

Kreed

Adding to what SparksterMeta0 said, BB leveling and SBB leveling have the same success rate, but the success rate lowers with every BB level. With that in mind, in addition to waiting until the final evolution, it's better to save Burst Frogs until later in the BB leveling process. I usually wait until BB/SBB level 7 or higher before using Frogs unless there's an event like Frontier Hunter and I have to power level a unit.

Top Bottom